ADVERTISEMENT

So who is proven right on election night?

Trump will burn the party down before working to support DeSantis. With the country split 50/50, it won't take a huge number of Trumpers staying home to alter 2024.
Nah, people just need to listen to Trump more. Trump’s candidates ate a giant shit sandwich yesterday, but that wasn’t Trump’s fault. And Oz was Melania’s fault, according to Trump. Fox So-Called News said so.

Listen up, MAGAs, you people call yourselves patriots, but you obviously didn’t donate enough to Trump. You should be ashamed. Quit f*****g around and open your pocketbooks for Trump.

What will the cult do without their redneck Barbie?

Colorado · District 3
93% reporting

Adam Frisch, Democratic Party
50.6%
149,421 votes

Lauren Boebert, Republican Party
49.4%
145,946 votes

1 down. Hard to fathom people voted MTG back in but at least some of the nuts are packing their bags.

What will the cult do without their redneck Barbie?

Colorado · District 3
93% reporting

Adam Frisch, Democratic Party
50.6%
149,421 votes

Lauren Boebert, Republican Party
49.4%
145,946 votes
We might have to wait and see what happens with Lady Blah Blah up in Alaska.

The short answer is Not DJT or his supporters- that dude is killing team elephant- no red wave the way things are going under Biden is flabbergasting, only one person to blame for the under-performance- Donald J Trump. If DeSantis can’t stand up to him in the primary, I think team elephant is in some trouble- outside of Red states Trump is loathed sorry Lucy and DANC
DANC likes Trump, but Lucy only pretends to like Trump. He’s a liberal pretending to be a Trumpster. Before Trump, he pretended to be a standard wingnut.

Reactions: MrBing
Heads need to roll in Republican leadership after tonight.

All the fundamentals were in our favor. KMac does not deserve house leadership after this. Trump needs to die or have a Fetterman. He did nothing but get bad candidates nominated and then leave them high and dry without any funding. McConnell is a great operator but has failed at bridging the gap with the populists.

The party is directionless, unserious and divided. Every Republican needs to ask themselves heading into 2024. If they want the guy that turned a 30k margin in 2018 into 1.5 million in 2022. Or the guy that has presided over three consecutive failures in elections since 2016.

There may be a silver lining in democrats reading this election as a sign the Joe Biden should continue in 2024 absent some kind of major health event. If that come to fruition it’s an opportunity on which republicans need to capitalize. Because they pissed away their opportunity last night by indulging in foolishness. Primaries matter.

All the fundamentals were in our favor. KMac does not deserve house leadership after this. Trump needs to die or have a Fetterman. He did nothing but get bad candidates nominated and then leave them high and dry without any funding. McConnell is a great operator but has failed at bridging the gap with the populists.

The party is directionless, unserious and divided. Every Republican needs to ask themselves heading into 2024. If they want the guy that turned a 30k margin in 2018 into 1.5 million in 2022. Or the guy that has presided over three consecutive failures in elections since 2016.

There may be a silver lining in democrats reading this election as a sign the Joe Biden should continue in 2024 absent some kind of major health event. If that come to fruition it’s an opportunity on which republicans need to capitalize. Because they pissed away their opportunity last night by indulging in foolishness. Primaries matter.
The stink of Trump will be hard to wash off.

The Cult seems to be shedding membership
Your use of the word “cult” in reference to Trump is entirely meaningless. You use it to refer to people who make tepid defenses of Trump admin. policies they liked, the same as you do to people who were in Nancy Pelosi’s office on 1/6.

Now please. Go back to pretending to have me on ignore and save your ignorant, indiscriminate barbs for someone as thick headed as yourself.

Last edited:
The stink of Trump will be hard to wash off.
“The stink” is only destructive in the absence of rival Republican leadership with vision. And that vision can’t be Kinzinger and Cheney launching self promoting crusades it needs to be a vision that actually appeals to voters.

Trump is only useful as the de facto leader of the Republican party to the extent he is able to help win elections and advance Republican priorities. He hasn’t done either of those things in a while.

Your use of the word “cult” in reference to Trump is entirely meaningless. You use it to refer to people who make tepid defenses of Trump admin. policies they liked, the same as you do to people who were in Nancy Pelosi’s office on 1/6.
The Trump cult members aren't just the gravy seals, skin heads, and proud boys. They include the election deniers as well, and those that ignore all of the criminal grifting by the Trump crime family.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Even when things are going well for the party in power, they typically lose a bunch of seats in the mid-terms. This year, with out of control inflation and the economy in the shitter, along with an unpopular Democratic president, Pubs looked poised for historic gains. Instead, they're going to eke out a slim majority in the House and struggle to take over the Senate.

I agree both parties have issues. Last night, though, suggested the GOP has bigger issues as long as Trump and his election denial bullshit are front and center.
Actually it was a big win for the conservatives because a changing of the guard has occurred. Ron Desantis is now the #1 draft choice. Trumps hold is gone with most of his chosen candidates defeated. If most of them had won he would still be in control. The republicans still appear to get the house although I doubt they get the senate. Call it one step back to take two steps forward. Will the low information voters come around ? Who knows for sure but inflation, border chaos and crime will still be here in two years.

Actually it was a big win for the conservatives because a changing of the guard has occurred. Ron Desantis is now the #1 draft choice. Trumps hold is gone with most of his chosen candidates defeated. If most of them had won he would still be in control. The republicans still appear to get the house although I doubt they get the senate. Call it one step back to take two steps forward. Will the low information voters come around ? Who knows for sure but inflation, border chaos and crime will still be here in two years.
If it it prompts a changing of the guard and fools Democrats into believing Biden is a viable 2024 candidate then I agree there is a massive silver lining from Tuesday. I have my doubts about both or even one of those things happening though.

I think DeSantis can win a primary against Trump but if jokers like Cruz, Pence, Cheney, Youngkin, Rubio, Scott, Haley, etc. decide to muddy the waters, Trump is going to cruise based off just name ID and his core support.

If it it prompts a changing of the guard and fools Democrats into believing Biden is a viable 2024 candidate then I agree there is a massive silver lining from Tuesday. I have my doubts about both or even one of those things happening though.

I think DeSantis can win a primary against Trump but if jokers like Cruz, Pence, Cheney, Youngkin, Rubio, Scott, Haley, etc. decide to muddy the waters, Trump is going to cruise based off just name ID and his core support.
I think a lot of his core will begin to erode. I also think Rubio, Haley, and Youngkin are smarter than that. The Youngkin campaign was a classic study on how to not include Trump and win.

Reactions: cosmickid

Biden runs if Trump runs. He considers it his mission to save us from the Trump cult. One lesson for pubs (among many) last night, is that Trump still inspires the same anti-MAGA coalition that turned out in 2020. The key to this election was always going to be if Dems turned out in similar/better numbers as Pubs, or if they stayed home.
So aside from inflation which I think will recede, how do you figure the issues of "border chaos" and crime will be enough to offset winning issues for Dems in '24? The Pubs will likely have just enough of a tiny majority in the House to keep the issues of election deniability, threats to democracy and general craziness on the front burner. Those don't seem to play well with voters as a whole...

I think the Pubs do have a logistical advantage in the Senate in '24 due to the amount of Dem seats up and the playing field. But you know people like Jordan, MTG, Gosar, Goetz etc are going to go full blown looney tunes in the House. And I'm curious how you see potential POTUS nominees being able to navigate thru the minefield of crazy that will undoubtedly get laid?

Boebert came from a "reliably red" district (although not the level of an MTG or Goetz), but even she turned off half of her district. Think of how that nonsense will be received in actual battleground states. If the crazies push for wacky ideas like "Christian Nationalism" or removing the wall of separation between Church/State how does either DeSantis or Trump respond?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I don't think Ohio is currently close to being purple. Republicans are winning across the board this year with the exception of some races that are safe for Democrats. When I voted I noticed there were a lot of races where Republicans were running unopposed. Democrats didn't even bother to contest them. There were no Democrats running unopposed for any race. Ohio is probably about as red as Florida now. That may change in the future, but unlikely to be anytime soon.
You're right. I voted for Democrats down the line and didn't vote for anyone that was unopposed but I really only had hope that Tim Ryan would win and the hope was dashed! This is a red state.

Biden runs if Trump runs. He considers it his mission to save us from the Trump cult. One lesson for pubs (among many) last night, is that Trump still inspires the same anti-MAGA coalition that turned out in 2020. The key to this election was always going to be if Dems turned out in similar/better numbers as Pubs, or if they stayed home.

So aside from inflation which I think will recede, how do you figure the issues of "border chaos" and crime will be enough to offset winning issues for Dems in '24? The Pubs will likely have just enough of a tiny majority in the House to keep the issues of election deniability, threats to democracy and general craziness on the front burner. Those don't seem to play well with voters as a whole...

I think the Pubs do have a logistical advantage in the Senate in '24 due to the amount of Dem seats up and the playing field. But you know people like Jordan, MTG, Gosar, Goetz etc are going to go full blown looney tunes in the House. And I'm curious how you see potential POTUS nominees being able to navigate thru the minefield of crazy that will undoubtedly get laid?

Boebert came from a "reliably red" district (although not the level of an MTG or Goetz), but even she turned off half of her district. Think of how that nonsense will be received in actual battleground states. If the crazies push for wacky ideas like "Christian Nationalism" or removing the wall of separation between Church/State how does either DeSantis or Trump respond?
I think Trump's done. He's had his moment . . . and his personna will wane from here on out. He's pissed off the January 6ers, he's pissed off Mike Pence and anybody who came to Trump through Pence . . . and now he's pissed off the GOP generally with this election loss. (LIke the IU "win" over Illinois, the GOP lost this one . . . Democrats didn't really win it.) Plus he's too old . . . he'll be 78 in 2024 . . . anybody who thinks Biden is too old or demented will hear those arguments coming back at them regarding Trump.

The only question I have is now who does Steve Bannon pick next to hump to Americans?

A lot to digest here but first of all both parties are so similar in so many ways. And both will do things to win that has you shaking your head. Now that's a generalization but whenever you bring up MTG etc., I can bring up AOC etc. You got BLM, Antifa we got QAnon, White Supremacists. Not good for either base.

I'm beginning to think there are less in the middle now and both sides have dug the trenches. Evidence of that is some of the candidates that had no business winning Tuesday. Inflation should have moved the needle but abortion was a surprise counter.

Could be wrong but I'm thinking inflation, gas prices, crime etc. will still be here in two years and by then some minds change. Election deniers bs will subside with Trump popularity (and I haven't heard much about Libs voter suppression in Georgia this time after that turnout). Dems don't have a winning plan and Pubs can't get theirs across to half of the country. Dems will still have one thing Pubs will never have and that is the media.

A lot to digest here but first of all both parties are so similar in so many ways. And both will do things to win that has you shaking your head. Now that's a generalization but whenever you bring up MTG etc., I can bring up AOC etc. You got BLM, Antifa we got QAnon, White Supremacists. Not good for either base.

I'm beginning to think there are less in the middle now and both sides have dug the trenches. Evidence of that is some of the candidates that had no business winning Tuesday. Inflation should have moved the needle but abortion was a surprise counter.

Could be wrong but I'm thinking inflation, gas prices, crime etc. will still be here in two years and by then some minds change. Election deniers bs will subside with Trump popularity (and I haven't heard much about Libs voter suppression in Georgia this time after that turnout). Dems don't have a winning plan and Pubs can't get theirs across to half of the country. Dems will still have one thing Pubs will never have and that is the media.
I'd say this election tells us the electorate is more in the middle than either party would like to admit. The ballot splitting shows that.

Why do you think that some of the candidates had no business winning on Tuesday? Which candidates?

What is the Pubs' "winning plan"? What is the Pubs' economic policy? I heard a lot about "Biden's inflation", to pin Biden with the problem, but I didn't hear squat about what the Pubs' plan was to bring it down. Perhaps the voting public was paying attention and the GOP's crickets got a similar response.

Reactions: Bill4411
I agree with most of that post. The big wild card in all of this is going to be the ongoing Ukraine / Russia war. A good chunk of the reason for the current economic woes world-wide is the gas prices and its trickle-down effect throughout all industries that depend on transportation. Biden could open 100 new wells, but OPEC is still controlling the prices and with the amount of cash they are bringing in right now, I don't see them changing that anytime soon.
But.....
Realistically, we are talking about 20-ish months before the 2024 elections really take off. That's a decent amount of time away. If either Russia or Ukraine are able to finish things off one way or another and restrictions against Russian oil go away, the economy may start to pick up quickly. I don't think that the border / crime are enough of a factor to get independents to change their mind on Joe. If the war rages on in a stalemate for the next two years though, then I think you might be right and the economy will be the biggest anchor for Joe (or whomever ends up running) for 2024.

I think Trump's done. He's had his moment . . . and his personna will wane from here on out. He's pissed off the January 6ers, he's pissed off Mike Pence and anybody who came to Trump through Pence . . . and now he's pissed off the GOP generally with this election loss. (LIke the IU "win" over Illinois, the GOP lost this one . . . Democrats didn't really win it.) Plus he's too old . . . he'll be 78 in 2024 . . . anybody who thinks Biden is too old or demented will hear those arguments coming back at them regarding Trump.

The only question I have is now who does Steve Bannon pick next to hump to Americans?
I hope you're right about Trump, but I don't think he's close to done. He's going to announce soon, maybe within a week. And we haven't seen anyone push back against Trump yet. They are waiting for him to implode, which he could very well do. The problem with Trump leaving angry is he will take a percentage of voters with him. Even if it's a small percentage, it will be enough to hurt the Republican Party.

I hope you're right about Trump, but I don't think he's close to done. He's going to announce soon, maybe within a week. And we haven't seen anyone push back against Trump yet. They are waiting for him to implode, which he could very well do. The problem with Trump leaving angry is he will take a percentage of voters with him. Even if it's a small percentage, it will be enough to hurt the Republican Party.
I'm guessing that DeSantis will finish off Trump. And that Trump will inflict damage on DeSantis . . . the gift keeps on giving . . . .🤞

I'm guessing that DeSantis will finish off Trump. And that Trump will inflict damage on DeSantis . . . the gift keeps on giving . . . .🤞
Either Trump beats DeSantis and loses the general because...well, that's what Trump does. Or, DeSantis beats Trump, and Trump throws ketchup all over the general causing a percentage of voters to stay away from the polls and DeSantis loses the general. Works for me either way.

I'd say this election tells us the electorate is more in the middle than either party would like to admit. The ballot splitting shows that.

Why do you think that some of the candidates had no business winning on Tuesday? Which candidates?

What is the Pubs' "winning plan"? What is the Pubs' economic policy? I heard a lot about "Biden's inflation", to pin Biden with the problem, but I didn't hear squat about what the Pubs' plan was to bring it down. Perhaps the voting public was paying attention and the GOP's crickets got a similar response.
IT tells us that the Dem's elected Pavlov's dog, "Bierka" Fetterman and a fvckin dead guy.. That is what this election told us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT