ADVERTISEMENT

US Dept of Energy on COVID: Lab Leak Most Likely Cause

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015

@outside shooter get in here and taste it

The U.S. Energy Department has concluded that the Covid pandemic most likely arose from a laboratory leak, according to a classified intelligence report recently provided to the White House and key members of Congress.

The shift by the Energy Department, which previously was undecided on how the virus emerged, is noted in an update to a 2021 document by Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines’s office.

The new report highlights how different parts of the intelligence community have arrived at disparate judgments about the pandemic’s origin. The Energy Department now joins the Federal Bureau of Investigation in saying the virus likely spread via a mishap at a Chinese laboratory. Four other agencies, along with a national intelligence panel, still judge that it was likely the result of a natural transmission, and two are undecided.
The Energy Department’s conclusion is the result of new intelligence and is significant because the agency has considerable scientific expertise and oversees a network of U.S. national laboratories, some of which conduct advanced biological research.
The Energy Department made its judgment with “low confidence,” according to people who have read the classified report.
The FBI previously came to the conclusion that the pandemic was likely the result of a lab leak in 2021 with “moderate confidence” and still holds to this view.

Interesting that DoE …. The original ‘nuclear‘ secret guys … has an opinion on biotech, and public health …

Whistle blowing from afar … NIH/CDC seems more likely to me to being part of a coverup.

China is no doubt seething their virus didn’t bring the economies of the west to their figurative knees. I’m guessing therefore they will try again. There are a fair number of Chinese living in Indy area much less on west coast

The U.S. Energy Department has concluded that the Covid pandemic most likely arose from a laboratory leak, according to a classified intelligence report recently provided to the White House and key members of Congress.

The shift by the Energy Department, which previously was undecided on how the virus emerged, is noted in an update to a 2021 document by Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines’s office.

The new report highlights how different parts of the intelligence community have arrived at disparate judgments about the pandemic’s origin. The Energy Department now joins the Federal Bureau of Investigation in saying the virus likely spread via a mishap at a Chinese laboratory. Four other agencies, along with a national intelligence panel, still judge that it was likely the result of a natural transmission, and two are undecided.
The Energy Department’s conclusion is the result of new intelligence and is significant because the agency has considerable scientific expertise and oversees a network of U.S. national laboratories, some of which conduct advanced biological research.
The Energy Department made its judgment with “low confidence,” according to people who have read the classified report.
The FBI previously came to the conclusion that the pandemic was likely the result of a lab leak in 2021 with “moderate confidence” and still holds to this view.
The circumstantial evidence pointing towards a lab leak was overwhelming. I posted a link about this early in 2020. I never understood why the left found a vested interest in denial, censoring information about it, and cancelling those who commented about it from academia and social media. The extent to which the Dems tried to quash this story makes one question why.

The circumstantial evidence pointing towards a lab leak was overwhelming. I posted a link about this early in 2020. I never understood why the left found a vested interest in denial, censoring information about it, and cancelling those who commented about it from academia and social media. The extent to which the Dems tried to quash this story makes one question why.

a real forensic accounting of who all was financing the lab insanity might shed light on why the story was quashed so hard.

by spring 2020 it was pretty obvious it was the lab leak.

that accounting still needs done, and heads literally need to roll.

the most egregious example of criminally negligent homicide in history, and that gain of function insanity still goes on today, literally is beyond insane..

It was deemed racist

For the record, DOE also said they hold this view with "low confidence" I believe. But that article does a nice job of showing how the intel experts on this--the people who might have some real, inside knowledge that we do not--are still split on what happened, 3 years on.

The people who jumped to conclusions early on and hid behind "Science" and labeled those with questions or opposing views as conspiracy theorists, racists, etc. might still be proven right about the virus's origins.

Doesn't make how they handled themselves better or their arguments any more cogent, but on the facts, we need to keep an open mind.

For the record, DOE also said they hold this view with "low confidence" I believe. But that article does a nice job of showing how the intel experts on this--the people who might have some real, inside knowledge that we do not--are still split on what happened, 3 years on.

The people who jumped to conclusions early on and hid behind "Science" and labeled those with questions or opposing views as conspiracy theorists, racists, etc. might still be proven right about the virus's origins.

Doesn't make how they handled themselves better or their arguments any more cogent, but on the facts, we need to keep an open mind.

The opposing agencies have the same stance. The FBI has moderate confidence, which is interesting for various reasons.

I cannot imagine agencies would go publicly on the record unless they had significant information, regardless of confidence level.

I thought we already figured this one out. This is still a question? "Low confidence?" Man, I can't keep up with the "news."

Anyone ever read what Jeffrey Sachs uncovered? OR watch the interview he gave on who's behind the leak at the lab in China? This was ALL gain of function. Here we go...Lord, a can of worms again and I remember the last debate and how ugly it got.

“In May 2022, Jeffrey Sachs - a leading expert in the respected medical journal The Lancet and professor at Columbia University, the leading academic institution for global biosecurity, told a conference in Spain that ‘..the coronavirus was artificially created and is very likely to have been created using American advances in biotechnology...’.”

China is no doubt seething their virus didn’t bring the economies of the west to their figurative knees. I’m guessing therefore they will try again. There are a fair number of Chinese living in Indy area much less on west coast
Should we round them up? I’ll await instructions.

That study only looked at 1/2 the equation, does me wearing a mask reduce my risk. Go back through the discussions we had here, the argument presented is me wearing a mask powers YOUR risk.

That study only looked at 1/2 the equation, does me wearing a mask reduce my risk. Go back through the discussions we had here, the argument presented is me wearing a mask powers YOUR risk.

Not a single thing has changed about masking since pre-CoViD. It’s always been the same. If you are shedding a respiratory virus…wear a mask. Otherwise…do not.

Not a single thing has changed about masking since pre-CoViD. It’s always been the same. If you are shedding a respiratory virus…wear a mask. Otherwise…do not.

I would agree. But there is a question, how does one know if they are shedding? I agree that masking everywhere no longer makes great sense. But unless I have had a very recent test, I think I should wear a mask visiting a nursing home or someone undergoing chemo.

a real forensic accounting of who all was financing the lab insanity might shed light on why the story was quashed so hard.

by spring 2020 it was pretty obvious it was the lab leak.

that accounting still needs done, and heads literally need to roll.

the most egregious example of criminally negligent homicide in history, and that gain of function insanity still goes on today, literally is beyond insane..
Rand Paul tried to pursue this with Fauci.

He was ridiculed and attacked as part of Trump/anti-Trump politicization of Covid, which has been more important than truth since Hillary lost.

The future will show this was a “gain of function” mistake and lab leak - that we helped pay for. Likely across administrations, and kept secret until someone finds classified info on a chip in a device in a recycling bin in a few years.

I would agree. But there is a question, how does one know if they are shedding? I agree that masking everywhere no longer makes great sense. But unless I have had a very recent test, I think I should wear a mask visiting a nursing home or someone undergoing chemo.
What did we do pre-Covid? Nothing has changed. If you are symptomatic wear a mask and most importantly…stay home. Otherwise, proceed as you always have.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Rand Paul tried to pursue this with Fauci.

He was ridiculed and attacked as part of Trump/anti-Trump politicization of Covid, which has been more important than truth since Hillary lost.

The future will show this was a “gain of function” mistake and lab leak - that we helped pay for. Likely across administrations, and kept secret until someone finds classified info on a chip in a device in a recycling bin in a few years.
Jeffrey Sachs makes mention of gain of function and that we paid for it in his interview. Its not a secret anymore either. Its highly detailed in U.S. right to know by Emily Kopp

Reactions: DANC

I had this figured out in 3 weeks from when it happened and still doubt any of it was an accident either.
Everyone knows why. Orange man bad. Orange man gotta go no matter the price. We had China on their knees so puppet Joe had to be installed.

“Most likely” means more likely than not which means 50.01% chance of being correct,

Everyone knows why. Orange man bad. Orange man gotta go no matter the price. We had China on their knees so puppet Joe had to be installed.
Agree. The Democrat’s use of Covid as a means to win the 2020 election became obvious early in 2020. A Chinese lab leak would have been an important defense against that message. Instead we got a steady diet from the Democrats, the media, the social media, and from many in the private sector that all the deaths were directly and indirectly Trump’s fault.

What did we do pre-Covid? Nothing has changed. If you are symptomatic wear a mask and most importantly…stay home. Otherwise, proceed as you always have.
In flu season maybe we should always have worn masks visiting nursing homes or other high-risk people. One out of three flu cases is asymptomatic. It appears COVID is similar. Having no symptoms isn't a great barometer if someone else's life is literally on the line.

I agree, in public, there has to be some risk acceptance. I am talking about very specific conditions, visiting someone who is high-risk. Pre-covid, I don't recall mask requirements visiting a nursing home. I think we need to consider that as a requirement now.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
In flu season maybe we should always have worn masks visiting nursing homes or other high-risk people. One out of three flu cases is asymptomatic. It appears COVID is similar. Having no symptoms isn't a great barometer if someone else's life is literally on the line.

I agree, in public, there has to be some risk acceptance. I am talking about very specific conditions, visiting someone who is high-risk. Pre-covid, I don't recall mask requirements visiting a nursing home. I think we need to consider that as a requirement now.
If I’m in a nursing home, i don’t want my stoker, kids, grandkids and other loved ones wearing masks. I want to see them.

If I’m in a nursing home, i don’t want my stoker, kids, grandkids and other loved ones wearing masks. I want to see them.
Recall King County, Washington where 23 people died in a nursing home from COVID?

Maybe you want to take that risk, I am glad you feel free to speak for the other 22 you could take with you.

My initial point stands.
Nothing has changed regarding the effectiveness of masking since pre-covid. What we knew then is what we know now.

What are you trying to say?

Reactions: NPT
My initial point stands.
Nothing has changed regarding the effectiveness of masking since pre-covid. What we knew then is what we know now.
And what is that exactly?

Masks used in this way were designed to protect others from germs from the wearer. Hence why surgeons wear them and not the patient. So we agree, nothing scientifically has changed.

And what is that exactly?

Masks used in this way were designed to protect others from germs from the wearer. Hence why surgeons wear them and not the patient. So we agree, nothing scientifically has changed.
Surgeons are in a “sterile” environment.
Nothing has changed. When some of us made that statement at the beginning of this mess we were told to quit pissing down our backs and saying it’s raining.
If you are symptomatic (fever, cough, runny nose 48 hours post-fever) and go to the doctor or hospital…wear a mask. Otherwise, stay home.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
So if flu were high in your area, you wouldn't give a damn about the 1 in three asymptomatic cases and go visit people who are at very high risk without even a mask?

Recall King County, Washington where 23 people died in a nursing home from COVID?

Maybe you want to take that risk, I am glad you feel free to speak for the other 22 you could take with you.
What are you trying to say with that irrelevant link?

What are you trying to say with that irrelevant link?
I asked the question above the link. Here you go counselor, if you were under oath and not trolling:

Are diseases like flu and COVID more dangerous to residents of nursing homes?

If one member of a nursing home contracts said illness are they likely to spread it to other members?

So should extra be caution be observed in places like nursing homes?

Can one person waive said extra precautions without putting others at risk?

When there was 1 known COVID case in Indiana, I commented I was hoping to get to see my elderly mother-in-law. You later commented how a poster was willing to put his mother-in-law at risk. Hmm, it seems you have different priorities when it comes to disagreeing with me.

Your post sent me back to CDC numbers.

As of 2/1/23 ish

1,101,953 total COVID deaths in US (1.08% of cases resulted in death - both terms subject to debate)

295,010 deaths among persons aged 85+ (this group was around 2% of population and 2-3% of cases)

286,729 deaths among ages 75-84 (4% ish of cases/5% ish of population)

53% of deaths were aged 75+

248,635 deaths among ages 65-74

830,374 ages 65+
75.35% of all deaths among around 16% of population

I’m starting a conspiracy theory - it was a plot to kill Social Security recipients!

What are you trying to say?
Sorry if I was being obtuse. I think the huge number of ex-Pat Chinese living here, the fact China owns many buildings on west coast and elsewhere both lessen the likelihood of military conflict, instead I think China will use viruses to try and slow our economy

Reactions: MrBing
I asked the question above the link. Here you go counselor, if you were under oath and not trolling:

Are diseases like flu and COVID more dangerous to residents of nursing homes?

If one member of a nursing home contracts said illness are they likely to spread it to other members?

So should extra be caution be observed in places like nursing homes?

Can one person waive said extra precautions without putting others at risk?

When there was 1 known COVID case in Indiana, I commented I was hoping to get to see my elderly mother-in-law. You later commented how a poster was willing to put his mother-in-law at risk. Hmm, it seems you have different priorities when it comes to disagreeing with me.
You said “maybe we should always have worn masks visiting nursing homes”.

I say no.

Your response does not support “always” except only on an emotional level. Of course precautions ought to be commensurate with risk. But that isn’t what you said.

Sorry if I was being obtuse. I think the huge number of ex-Pat Chinese living here, the fact China owns many buildings on west coast and elsewhere both lessen the likelihood of military conflict, instead I think China will use viruses to try and slow our economy
Thanks. I don't think COVID 19 was an intentional leak if it was a leak and not natural. Why start a pandemic in their own country and kill a lot of their own people?

Thanks. I don't think COVID 19 was an intentional leak if it was a leak and not natural. Why start a pandemic in their own country and kill a lot of their own people?
Or draw attention to themselves for being the site of the leak? If it were intentional, you'd do the 12 Monkeys (underrated movie) routine.

Well, becasue... TRUMP!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT