ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Get The Facts out There On Trump’s Russia/Putin Obsession

Also, it has been PROVEN many times and we are now witnessing again, if they said it about Trump it's prolly BS
One more time - - these aren't things others have said about Trump. They're statements made by Trump himself.

You won't dispute the facts because you can't dispute the facts. But carry on with your "Look! Over there!" approach. It's a favorite tactic of people who are unable to dispute the facts and incapable of presenting a cogent argument.

One more time - - these aren't things others have said about Trump. They're statements made by Trump himself.

You won't dispute the facts because you can't dispute the facts. But carry on with your "Look! Over there!" approach. It's a favorite tactic of people who are unable to dispute the facts and incapable of presenting a cogent argument.
Thus the "fake news" response used when they are backed into a corner. Kind of like a get out of jail free card.

Following me around again, danc? Very creepy.

But, since you're here, which of Hoops' bullet points are inaccurate, and why?
I wasn't responding to you, dumbass.

Care to comment on Hunter and the newly discovered (by the NYT) e-mails? Or will you totally avoid that, too?

Who's lying??? Sick of the left narrative man, its a god damned sham and has destroyed and divided this country. 60 minutes and the rest of the msm is smoke and mirrors that has duped everyone. Absolutely sick of it!

This deserves its own thread. How many times has this crap happened.

Clay Travis and the Post. Now there’s some sources you can trust. Right?

Another solid source with Catturd. What are the rest of us thinking, getting our news from NYT, WaPo etc. Only the truly informed get their news from Catturd and Clay Travis. Have we been fooled!!
NYT and Wapo are garbage Zeke. Partisan agenda-driven liner for a bunny cage. They are the written version of CNN. Sad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
So where do we go? Who do we trust?
I don't know. Wapo isn't completely terrible. It's better than NYT, which is terrible. Many "issues" you can go to the original sources. Crime, by way of example. Health. Some others. The Hunter Biden stuff is illustrative. I have no idea what's true, but lots of stories. If he gets indicted then we'll actually know. Until then what to write about, whether to write at all, embodies the bias

Reactions: DANC
I don't know. Wapo isn't completely terrible. It's better than NYT, which is terrible. Many "issues" you can go to the original sources. Crime, by way of example. Health. Some others.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong:

TV -- Morning Joe, NBC Nightly News, PBS Newshour, Rachel (but now that she's gone I don't pay much attention)

Web -- Drudge, Slate, HuffPo, and of course those sites link to all sorts of sites/sources so I get exposed to Fox News online and NY Post and the like.

Granted, this group has a decided slant, but it's got solid reporting and varying POVs.

• Haha

TV -- Morning Joe, NBC Nightly News, PBS Newshour, Rachel (but now that she's gone I don't pay much attention)

Web -- Drudge, Slate, HuffPo, and of course those sites link to all sorts of sites/sources so I get exposed to Fox News online and NY Post and the like.

Granted, this group has a decided slant, but it's got solid reporting and varying POVs.
My opinion fwiw.

Morning joe left
NBC nightly left
Rachel Cosmic left
PBS newshour good

Haven't checked slate or drudge in a while. Huff post the worst of all.

The news they choose to cover. How they cover it. Shapes people imo

Bad.

TV - fuggedaboutit

Web - Reuters, Marketwatch, BBC, AP News, The Hill, Wall Street Journal (news, not opinion).

But the problem (not for you, Mark, because you're obviously well-informed) is most people aren't looking for information. They want affirmation. Country is getting dumber by the day. We see a good deal of evidence of that here on the Cooler.

Last edited:
TV - fuggedaboutit

Web - Reuters, Marketwatch, BBC, AP News, The Hill, Wall Street Journal (news, not opinion).

But the problem (not for you, Mark, because you're obviously well-informed) is most people aren't looking for information. They want affirmation. Country is getting dumber by the day. We see many examples of that here on the Cooler.
Yeah this is a good list

I don't know. Wapo isn't completely terrible. It's better than NYT, which is terrible. Many "issues" you can go to the original sources. Crime, by way of example. Health. Some others. The Hunter Biden stuff is illustrative. I have no idea what's true, but lots of stories. If he gets indicted then we'll actually know. Until then what to write about, whether to write at all, embodies the bias
The only reason the NYT is jumping on the Hunter Biden story is because indictments are about to come down and they don't want to be accused of not covering it - even though they haven't covered it in 2 years, while their rivals broke the story a long time ago.

So like fox News then
Yeah, the Fox News that helped expose the Hunter Biden e-mails 2 years ago, which the NYT is just now getting around to covering.

It's why we're so knowledgeable and you're so dumb.

So what is different today, compared to, let's say, 2000-2020, where inflation was basically flat. Did monopolies (your word, not mine) just start in the last 12 months. Did everyone, in every industry, just decided to raise prices dramatically. For 20 years, we had fairly constant money supply. In the last 12 months, it spiked 40%. Did every CEO, from every company, around the world say "Let's raise prices" or maybe, just maybe, there was too much money chasing too few of goods?

if you think inflation was flat from 2000-2020, then you must not have bought a car or groceries or pay tv or healthcare or healthcare insurance, or utilities or gas or even a Mc Double.

since i doubt that is the case, then you are just being dishonest, which there is way too much of in all media, and here.

and the money supply started going haywire in 2008, (despite your bogus charts), as i've pointed out, and you still haven't proven the money the working class got the last couple yrs in stimulus is more than they gave up in lost earnings, or even tried, because you can't.

and if you don't know how much industry consolidation there has been since Reagan, and the effect that has on prices, then you have no business even in this discussion.

you are in a debate you haven't 1/100th the knowledge base for, and are in it just to try and score false political points. (just what the world needs more of these days).

and if you think CEO's aren't taking advantage of things now with price gouging on things with little to no less supply than before covid or the war, (like gas), and don't collude, then you are totally business/economic illiterate. (which wouldn't exactly make you the Lone Ranger, as call in shows and social media are now crawing with Jethro Bodine/Duck Dynasty types who can't add 2+2 or point out the middle east on a map, who think they are economic experts).

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
Too much money chasing too few goods succinctly captures everything I've read. The idea of widespread gauging requires concerted behavior that's not realistic

you can't be that stupid?

(ok, everything going on now days proves people ARE that stupid, and it doesn't dissuade them in the least from thinking they are experts on things they know zero about).

and unfortunately people are as dishonest as they are stupid, so i never know which i am dealing with. (or both).

that said,

A), good luck proving, other than the investor class, has more money now than 6 months ago, or 2 yrs ago, as while many, (not all), have gotten some stimulus, in your false increased money supply hypothetical, you're only counting the added stimulus the workers have gotten, and not factored in all the lost wages and earnings plus their velocity multiplier effect, so in reality, not you nor anyone else knows or can even put up a good defense that the money supply has increased 1 cent, vs a non covid economic situation the last couple yrs.

just as likely the money supply today is actually less, once you factor in the lost wages/earnings plus velocity multiplier side of the ledger, which no one does.

and only doing one side of the ledger will not tell you anything, other than that one side.

and you are only doing one side of the ledger here.

B), increased money supply or not, increased money supply only impacts prices for monopolistic industries that don't face sufficient market competition. (and yes, since Reagan and Wall St's takeover of the DNC as well, monopolization has been rampant).

increased money in competitive markets has little to no impact on prices.

in competitive industries, prices are a factor of costs and competition prices, as in a competitive market, increased money supply or not, if you increase your price over your competition, the consumer will just go to the competition.

in monopolistic markets, prices are based in "how much ya got"?

show me an industry where there have been large price increases, and i'll show you a monopolized industry.

you can't be that stupid?

(ok, everything going on now days proves people ARE that stupid, and it doesn't dissuade them in the least from thinking they are experts on things they know zero about).

and unfortunately people are as dishonest as they are stupid, so i never know which i am dealing with. (or both).

that said,

A), good luck proving, other than the investor class, has more money now than 6 months ago, or 2 yrs ago, as while many, (not all), have gotten some stimulus, in your false increased money supply hypothetical, you're only counting the added stimulus the workers have gotten, and not factored in all the lost wages and earnings plus their velocity multiplier effect, so in reality, not you nor anyone else knows or can even put up a good defense that the money supply has increased 1 cent, vs a non covid economic situation the last couple yrs.

just as likely the money supply today is actually less, once you factor in the lost wages/earnings plus velocity multiplier side of the ledger, which no one does.

and only doing one side of the ledger will not tell you anything, other than that one side.

and you are only doing one side of the ledger here.

B), increased money supply or not, increased money supply only impacts prices for monopolistic industries that don't face sufficient market competition. (and yes, since Reagan and Wall St's takeover of the DNC as well, monopolization has been rampant).

increased money in competitive markets has little to no impact on prices.

in competitive industries, prices are a factor of costs and competition prices, as in a competitive market, increased money supply or not, if you increase your price over your competition, the consumer will just go to the competition.

in monopolistic markets, prices are based in "how much ya got"?

show me an industry where there have been large price increases, and i'll show you a monopolized industry.
Move into a home where your internet access is restricted. You have Old Timers

if you think inflation was flat from 2000-2020, then you must not have bought a car or groceries or pay tv or healthcare or healthcare insurance, or utilities or gas or even a Mc Double.

since i doubt that is the case, then you are just being dishonest, which there is way too much of in all media, and here.

and the money supply started going haywire in 2008, (despite your bogus charts), as i've pointed out, and you still haven't proven the money the working class got the last couple yrs in stimulus is more than they gave up in lost earnings, or even tried, because you can't.

and if you don't know how much industry consolidation there has been since Reagan, and the effect that has on prices, then you have no business even in this discussion.

you are in a debate you haven't 1/100th the knowledge base for, and are in it just to try and score false political points. (just what the world needs more of these days).

and if you think CEO's aren't taking advantage of things now with price gouging on things with little to no less supply than before covid or the war, (like gas), and don't collude, then you are totally business/economic illiterate. (which wouldn't exactly make you the Lone Ranger, as call in shows and social media are now crawing with Jethro Bodine/Duck Dynasty types who can't add 2+2 or point out the middle east on a map, who think they are economic experts).
I used the word flat. Probably should have used consistent instead, as in consistently in the 1-2% range. In fact many on here for the last 10 years were talking about inflation being too low.

As for my credentials, I would be glad to compare credentials. I don't give 2 shits about political points. As opposed to listening to Mr Looney Tunes (you), I prefer to listen to chief strategists, economists, and the Fed, as in the Fed that my chart that you call bogus came from. You really don't understand the idea of money supply, why it has increased dramatically over the last year or so, and the affects that would have on inflation. You do not understand that for 40 years, we have not experienced inflation like we are now, and why it is happening. Yea, I know, Wall Street right??

You don't like the chart I linked, from the Fed itself, please link something , anything, that shows me you are not talking out your ass, because from my position, it looks like you are doing exactly that.

Tell me why CEO's just decided to "price fix" now? Why haven"t they done that for years if it were so easy. Tell me why raw materials (wood, oil, precious metals, grains,) have all increased 20, 30 40% in the last year? What CEO is controlling the price of copper, or beans, or oil.

Consolidation?? Do you have any idea how many new companies have come to market in the last 10 years? That are disrupters in the market. That have made companies like Intel, ATT, IBM look like dinosaur's. Do you actually believe that consolidation is having an affect on today's prices? That is absolutely laughable.

Your ridiculous conspiracy theories about ATT, Comcast etc are stupid. ATT has about as much pull as Joe's Lawn Care service. I suggest you pick up a book on economic theory and read.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT