ADVERTISEMENT

When those that are correct are silenced

That's a strange autocorrect.
🤔
Or an amazingly deft reference? I can see Fauci in one of these get ups:

basque_boys.png

OK, fine. Tell us what your big promotion is all about. What business are you in?

I've said what I do on here, many times.

Outside of that, I have no desire to entertain this anymore.

Have the last word, because lord knows you can't resist.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Ok , I haven't asked. What is the promo all about? I love recognizing people up for being rewarded when they've worked har dto earn it.

Sorry - I don't hang on every word you say and couldn't care less what you do. I just asked the question.

Lord knows you can't help stalking me.

Ok , I haven't asked. What is the promo all about? I love recognizing people up for being rewarded when they've worked har dto earn it.

No promo at all, but I like you Joe, so I'll tell you.

I'm a vending driver. Been there for a couple years. Today, my boss said that he was giving his 90 day notice and retiring. Very happy for him. The GM of the place has offered me his position. It would be a pay raise, but my hours would drastically shift and I would have to deal with the public, which I very rarely have to do now. I'd be in charge of all the drivers and only answer to the GM.

I've always said I wouldn't take another job because of money. This seems like that very scenario.

I'm a vending driver. Been there for a couple years. Today, my boss said that he was giving his 90 day notice and retiring. Very happy for him. The GM of the place has offered me his position. It would be a pay raise, but my hours would drastically shift and I would have to deal with the public, which I very rarely have to do now. I'd be in charge of all the drivers and only answer to the GM.

I've always said I wouldn't take another job because of money. This seems like that very scenario.
You do know that if you don't take it, you'll still have to train the bastage they put in charge, don't you?

Congrats man.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

Hey man that can be a damn fine gig! I am sure the vending biz has changed alot over the last 20 years, but that used to be a freaking cash cow! Sounds like the GM is pretty happy with what you bring, or he wouldn't have offered it. That's exactly what we all strive for! Don't stress over the public. Just assume we all suck, and there is a 51% chance that you will be correct. :)

It was a long time ago, but for about 2 yrs my best buddy was doing the vending driver gig. The whole time he was the most happy that I have ever seen him. 30 yrs later, he still says "man I should have never given that gig up".

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Sorry - I don't hang on every word you say and couldn't care less what you do. I just asked the question.

Lord knows you can't help stalking me.
Wait. You just asked him what he did and then said “ you couldn’t care less” what he does. Lol

Wait. You just asked him what he did and then said “ you couldn’t care less” what he does. Lol
It's odd, as a woman that you would have an issue with that contradiction. Your team is a hard one to read. I would have figured that you would have been asking him out... Of which would have killed me, he's my friend!

Congrats. Don’t worry about dealing with as#holes in public. Just tell us to f#ck off.

It's odd, as a woman that you would have an issue with that contradiction. Your team is a hard one to read. I would have figured that you would have been asking him out... Of which would have killed me, he's my friend!

You're not very good at the courtin' thing, are you?

Congratulations.

Not saying this applies to you, but too often these types of promotions are mistakes.

Back in the old days I used to see car dealerships promote their best mechanics to Service Manager. Didn't make sense. First, they're two totally different skill sets. On top of that, you take your most productive employee out of service and make him a non-productive administrator. Dumb.

Not saying this applies to you, but too often these types of promotions are mistakes.

Back in the old days I used to see car dealerships promote their best mechanics to Service Manager. Didn't make sense. First, they're two totally different skill sets. On top of that, you take your most productive employee out of service and make him a non-productive administrator. Dumb.
Happens all the time in IT. They don't want to pay the technical stars what they should be paid, but if they promote them to manager, they can get better pay.

So, you take someone who got into IT because they like the technical end and then put them in a job that requires people skills.

Duh!

Some of the most corrupt, power hungry complements start with...

"Not that this applies to you, BUT"..

Just sayin. fvck'um.

I know what you mean.

I have no doubt I could do the job, but there are a lot of perks that I'm not sure I want to give up (no set schedule, done when my route is done, really don't talk to my boss unless he calls me - today was the first time I've talked to him in a couple weeks). They basically leave me alone and I'm done with work by 10 am every day.

To me, there is more then money involved. Time is very important. I'm home for all the important things and can go on field trips for my daughter when they have them. Not sure I want to give that up.

Unless the money bump will make a material difference in the lives of your family F it. If you're happy stay what you are doing. I've dealt with joe public for decades and can say unequivocally it's the worst part of my life. anything service related the public is horrible. and imo only getting worse. now we provide terrible service, but still, there's no decorum. i'm on my phone and computer all day and night emailing and texting responses. sometimes i take walks just to move to deal with responses. it used to be "hi xxxxx. hope you had a good weekend. just wanted to check in. such and such is getting stale. I'd appreciate some info as soon as possible. thanks." Now that same message reads: "Monday. Status." Or "Tracking." "When are you sending me tracking." And every convo is on the cusp of a fight. And they'll call you at ten at night on a sunday. no one gives a shit anymore
I was a service manager for 3 furniture stores before this job.

I've dealt with the public enough with that gig alone.

Unless the money bump will make a material difference in the lives of your family F it. If you're happy stay what you are doing. I've dealt with joe public for decades and can say unequivocally it's the worst part of my life. anything service related the public is horrible. and imo only getting worse. now we provide terrible service, but still, there's no decorum. i'm on my phone and computer all day and night emailing and texting responses. sometimes i take walks just to move to deal with responses. it used to be "hi xxxxx. hope you had a good weekend. just wanted to check in. such and such is getting stale. I'd appreciate some info as soon as possible. thanks." Now that same message reads: "Monday. Status." Or "Tracking." "When are you sending me tracking." And every convo is on the cusp of a fight. And they'll call you at ten at night on a sunday. no one gives a shit anymore
Back at my old job the only time they let me talk to customers was when they wanted to run them off.

If you didn't have all those divorces on your record, I might hire you as a life coach.

It could easily be Mark public, or Goat Public but NOOOOO.

Joe's have been shit on for years. Enough already!

But the rest of your post.. Yep. My company is now trainging us the differnec between good questions and GREAT questions... The great ones, they say, are playing the subservient for that engineer that just graduated 3 months ago......... I was designing med devices that very well may have enabled "his" conception into this world. pfft.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Don't laugh. I provided a valuable service. Sometimes you need to fire the customer.
I know you are talking to yourself, but isn't this the absolute truth!!! I play this roll a lot. I've been brought in as the "closer" for several china companies in the last 4-5 years. Most of them with a Scandinavian "moderator".. Those effer's don't "moderate" anything. Kinda like.. oh never mind.

Congrats. Don’t worry about dealing with as#holes in public. Just tell us to f#ck off.
Nah, you just say "yes sir, I understand, I'll take care of that" while just doing what you were going to do anyway.

Yuck. I'm glad I don't have real clients.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT