ADVERTISEMENT

When those that are correct are silenced

I think the issue is that "MAGA" to most of you guys just means, "political viewpoints I don't like".

Define it beyond "Voted for Trump" or "Supported Trump". It is a meaningless epithet.

It means crazy rightwing nutbag who believes in wild/outlandish conspiracies and treats liberals like they're public enemy number 1.

That work for you?

No, conservative generally means "political viewpoints I don't like". MAGA is on a whole different level. I can respect the former. The latter not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
It means crazy rightwing nutbag who believes in wild/outlandish conspiracies and treats liberals like they're public enemy number 1.

That work for you?

No, conservative generally means "political viewpoints I don't like". MAGA is on a whole different level. I can respect the former. The latter not so much.
Then you should be able to delineate between the two. You haven't.

Conservatives you respect are "people who are now saying to vote for Democrats." See: Liz Cheney. That entire definition is based on you and your perception. You should be able to delineate between them.

I can tell you that there is a difference between a "Progressive" Democrat and a "Liberal" Democrat that is deeper than "Progressives are crazy".

Do the work for once.

Reactions: DANC
Woke: Someone who believes in the tenets of "intersectionality" and uses that theory and its offshoots to be moral (by their definition) scolds and police.
That's a wee bit more specific than how I've seen woke thrown around.

Not singling you out, just saying. I think you're fairly responsible in your use of the word.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
But we agree about me being an old man. If you think that is determinative you got nuthin’.
Sorry. Suggesting that you don't want to be lectured by someone kind of screams "old." If you had referred to him as a young whippersnapper, that would have sealed the deal.

But, yeah, if you've made it to a ripe old age, God bless ya. A lot of people don't.

Finally, "Old Man" is the title of a really good song that I'm sure you're familiar with. Strange that it was written by a "Young" man. Check out the spoken intro. It might make you smile.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
No. Woke is an adjective. Trumper is a noun. You can misuse an adjective, but if you call me a firefighter when I’m not a firefighter, we’ll then you’re wrong.

Nouns necessarily must be more definable than adjectives.

splitting hairs

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
It's interesting if not disturbing.

It's seems pretty obvious that current Republican leaders have very little influence in the party now. It seems to be coming from the ground up and from right wing opinion leaders on tv.

That's been evident many times but as an example see Ted Cruz after Jan 6th called it a terrorist attack....then had to grovel to Tucker Carlson, who 'put him in his place' and since then has been back on the Maga express.

Lindsey Graham says 'it was a hell of a ride but we're done'. Then he gets ambushed by 'Patriots' and screamed at by OAN....then starts groveling back.

I used to think the party turned to Trump for the obvious reason that he was resonating with people who weren't politically active.

I think I was wrong.

The train is now driven by guys like Tucker and the base, as they are in this crazy echo chamber. Tucker scares the hell out of the base, the base intimidates the political leaders, the Republican political leaders are just trying not to get chopped.

Funny thing is, that's how it's supposed to work (well minus the power and influence of right wing media personalities).

So yeah, while I appreciate the conservative perspective of guys like Aloha, Ranger and Twenty....I don't think they have much power in this current iteration.

The hard core Maga guys have the party by it's nuts.
Has the party by ITS nuts.

You're welcome.

Reactions: larsIU
1. I don’t know what ‘triggered” even means when one visits a board intended to explore disagreements.

2. I don’t think the specific reference to three anti-trump conservatives was about Tucker.

3. I like to explore disagreement as much as anybody. . But we agree about me being an old man. If you think that is determinative you got nuthin’.

4. Thanks for the spellcheck. A smuggist would say that. ;)
You know Bowelmania is Goat, right?

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
Admit you don't know the difference between a noun and an adjective without saying you don't.
hardly. admit you're trolling an internet forum without saying it ;)

Big Dog was more interested in arguing than seeing his point.

hardly. admit you're trolling an internet forum without saying it ;)

Big Dog was more interested in arguing than seeing his point.
Thanks, I won my bet you would reply with the same 'so are you' reply.

You're nothing if not predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't come off as that good on here. Pretty smarmy, actually.
Because a Trump acolyte is a really good judge of character. Let alone caring at all about character. You’ve given up on that.

But that doesn't mean the Chinese knew about it earlier, right? I agree the Chinese have not been forthcoming to the extent that any responsible government should have been. Not even close. But, is there evidence the Chinese knew about it earlier than they claim?

It seems unlikely to me, but possible, particularly if it was just confused with other coronaviruses and/or influenza given the symptom similarities. But, here's another article that shows some disbelief in the Chinese and their "science".

When Alice Hughes downloaded a preprint from the server Research Square in September 2021, she could hardly believe her eyes. The study described a massive effort to survey bat viruses in China, in search of clues to the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic. A team of 21 researchers from the country’s leading academic institutions had trapped more than 17,000 bats, from the subtropical south to the frigid northeast, and tested them for relatives of SARS-CoV-2.

The number they found: zero.

The authors acknowledged this was a surprising result. But they concluded relatives of SARS-CoV-2 are “extremely rare” in China and suggested that to pinpoint the pandemic’s roots, “extensive” bat surveys should take place abroad, in the Indochina Peninsula.

“I don’t believe it for a second,” says Hughes, a conservation biologist who’s now at Hong Kong University. Between May 2019 and November 2020, she had done her own survey of 342 bats in the Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, a branch of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in Yunnan province where she worked at the time. As her team reported in Cell in June 2021, it found four viruses related to SARS-CoV-2 in the garden, which is about three times the size of New York City’s Central Park.

The new study had sampled bats near that same location, at an abandoned mine that had yielded another close SARS-CoV-2 relative in 2013, and at other sites in nearly half of China’s 31 provinces. And yet the only thing researchers found were viruses close to SARS-CoV-1, which caused the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome 2 decades ago.

Edward Holmes, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Sydney who coauthored the Cell paper with Hughes, dismisses the preprint with a single word: “Bullshit.” Although Holmes has no evidence the team behind the study did anything underhanded, “There is a big contradiction between this study and others that needs to be explained,” he says.

But the paper meshed with a growing political reality in China. From the start of the pandemic, the Chinese government—like many foreign researchers—has vigorously rejected the idea that SARS-CoV-2 somehow originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) and escaped. But over the past 2 years, it has also started to push back against what many regard as the only plausible alternative scenario: The pandemic started in China with a virus that naturally jumped from bats to an “intermediate” species and then to humans—most likely at the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan.

So self-important you have to announce your departure.

You'll be back under another user name, unfortunately.
FgWWq2FVQAA-G9N.png

Here’s what I don’t get. You, with a obvious degree of smuggary, claim many in the GOP are taken in by Trump cult. You even define your level of appreciation of the conservative perspective based on whether said conservative rejects Trump. You are consumed with Trump. You are obviously more cultish about Trump than I and millions of others are. Listening to you lecture anybody about Trump or conservatives is like a vegan lecturing me about a good burger.

Do you believe in RINO's? Are they conservatives in your eyes or not? Is Romney still a conservative?

Not that it matters as supposed Rinos have been executed out and replaced with more Maga intimidation and thuggery.

That's a Trump influence.

Have you done your part and threatened a teacher, school board member, an election worker, doctors and nurses and of course political leaders?

Loyalty is #1. If you aren't loyal you're an outsider, a fraud, a backstabbing/ lying/corrupt person.

Trump has the voice along with the media apparatus.....and that's what they are pushing.

So of course we're seeing an increase in violent threats and confrontation.

So yeah, I believe that's the soul of the party right now and it's influence is Trump.

Aloha and Ranger can criticize that part of the party on here, but if they were public figures who were doxxed...saying what they say would get them and their family death threats (there's a million examples along with droves of public people leaving positions because of an increase of violent threats and intimidation).

Example like long time Republican Rusty Bowers. Who won a frikken Kennedy Profile in Courage award for refusing Rudy Giuliani's request to replace Arizona's electors with false ones (the same bullshit Ron Johnson was busted for) who would overturn the election for Trump. He asked for proof, never got it and told them no

Because of that, he and his family were threatened and harassed by Maga at his home per him 3 to 4 times a week, he was smeared online (with the old pedophile smear online among others, never Trumper, old RINO), the party tried to recall him in Jan and then he eventually was primaried and replaced by....hard core Trumper and loony bird Mark Finchem, who if course is an election denier.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/events-a...defending-democracy-2022/russell-rusty-bowers

Is Bowers not a conservative now?

Do you really not see how those kind of reactions make it kindof difficult to have an open discussion and be able to speak critically (like Aloha, Ranger and Twenty does)?

It's just a theory but watching these so called conservative leaders throw out their long made brand and get in line...well it does make one wonder if they are just trying to survive getting chopped figuratively and literally.

Who wants to put up with this, and this was just getting off a flight. Who knows what he was sent (Lindsey Graham after condemning Trump and Jan 6).

Turns out it's hard to go after threats as we kind of have a wait until violence happens before people can get in trouble for telling you that your wife and kids will soon go away...and then they state their names and the school they go to (yeah, that was one of many sent to an Arizona election worker, who was a Republican. Must have been a RINO).

Oh look, election day is coming up. What kind of violence will we have this time?

Last edited:
Do you believe in RINO's? Are they conservatives in your eyes or not? Is Romney still a conservative?

Not that it matters as supposed Rinos have been executed out and replaced with more Maga intimidation and thuggery.

Have you done your part and threatened a teacher, school board member, an election worker, doctors and nurses and of course political leaders?

Loyalty is #1. If you aren't loyal you're an outsider, a fraud, a backstabbing/ lying/corrupt person.

Trump has the voice along with the media apparatus.....and that's what they are pushing.

So of course we're seeing an increase in violent threats and confrontation.

So yeah, I believe that's the soul of the party right now and it's influence is Trump.

Aloha and Ranger can criticize that part of the party on here, but if they were public figures who were doxxed...saying what they say would get them and their family death threats (there's a million examples along with droves of public people leaving positions because of an increase of violent threats and intimidation).

Example like long time Republican Rusty Bowers. Who won a frikken Kennedy Profile in Courage award for refusing Rudy Giuliani's request to replace Arizona's electors with false ones (the same bullshit Ron Johnson was busted for) who would overturn the election for Trump. He asked for proof, never got it and told them no

Because of that, he and his family were threatened and harassed by Maga at his home per him 3 to 4 times a week, he was smeared online (with the old pedophile smear online among others, never Trumper, old RINO), the party tried to recall him in Jan and then he eventually was primaried and replaced by....hard core Trumper and loony bird Mark Finchem, who if course is an election denier.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/events-a...defending-democracy-2022/russell-rusty-bowers

Is Bowers not a conservative now?

Do you really not see how those kind of reactions make it kindof difficult to have an open discussion and be able to speak critically (like Aloha, Ranger and Twenty does)?

It's just a theory but watching these so called conservative leaders throw out their long made brand and get in line...well it does make one wonder if they are just trying to survive getting chopped figuratively and literally.

Who wants to put up with this, and this was just getting off a flight. Who knows what he was sent (Lindsey Graham after condemning Trump and Jan 6).

Turns out it's hard to go after threats as we kind of have a wait until violence happens before people can get in trouble for telling you that your wife and kids will soon go away...and then they state their names and the school they go to (yeah, that was one of many sent to an Arizona election worker, who was a Republican. Must have been a RINO).

Oh look, election day is coming up. What kind of violence will we have this time?
Here is what I think:

Trump was by in large a very effective president and accomplished many good things domestically and internationally.

Hus view of future events and consequences of present actions was excellent. We are living today with many adverse consequences of Biden and others rejecting some of his ideas, policies, and proposals.

Trump could have been better if his critics were just fair and didn’t make shit up,

He has a terrible thin-skinned personality.

His post election behavior was ill-advised and destructive.

His current behavior toward Republicans like DeSantis and O’Dea is inexcusable.

Trump can’t run for President having pissed-off more than half the country.

Trump needs to go away

I still think cult language is mostly bullshit and is a stand-in for thoughtful expression.

Violence on behalf of Trump is same as violence on behalf of BLM or abortion.

Ive given your post much more of a response than it deserves.

Trump listened to Fauci who it turns out was more interested in fame, money and politics than the American People.
I don't think that's entirely accurate. Fauci was intently trying to divert an investigation into any role he or his minions might have played in the leak. He was simply doing a slight of hand trick. He got the press and the American people to look at the wrong hand. Trump, like everyone else, fell for the trick. It was after all, a bold and clever. trick. He accomplished his task. He appears to be home free.

I used to think the world would end because of a nuclear war. Now, I think it will end because man thinks he is smarter than mother nature.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. Fauci was intently trying to divert an investigation into any role he or his minions might have played in the leak. He was simply doing a slight of hand trick. He got the press and the American people to look at the wrong hand. Trump, like everyone else, fell for the trick. It was after all, a bold and clever. trick. He accomplished his task. He appears to be home free.

Anthony Fauci, Evil Genius.

Touche

But it's nice you have time to go back through my old posts to find something this.

Your life must be very fulfilling.

I'm sorry if you don't know how the search function works, but it was literally a minute process to find when you search "mod" and your name.

And yes, my life is very fulfilled. I was just offered a promotion at work (don't know if I want it or not) and the holidays are coming up so plenty of family time.

Life is really good right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
You give him way too much credit. He's a just a bureaucrat. He will basque in praise when he does something right. He will cover up anything he does wrong. He's neither all good or all bad. He's just a typical Washington bureaucrat.
Typical in that he got rich off the American people doing a shitty job.

I'm sorry if you don't know how the search function works, but it was literally a minute process to find when you search "mod" and your name.

And yes, my life is very fulfilled. I was just offered a promotion at work (don't know if I want it or not) and the holidays are coming up so plenty of family time.

Life is really good right now.
I'm sure your step up from latrine cleaner will be rewarding for you.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT