ADVERTISEMENT

Trump speaks the truth this time

Tons of people moving there too. The problem with SC is you get annoying Ohioans and Pennsylvannians moving down there and ruining it.

Greenville and Charleston are both great and I've thought about each as a potential destination.
And flights aren’t as easy

They're also dying at unprecedented rates. There's a shit ton of people that moved and are looking to move to FL, even on the younger side.

Traffic is bad anywhere these days. Chicago traffic is worse than pre-COVID.

Too many people everywhere. But these states with the huge population growth (FL, AZ, CO, TX) are now horrible too. Chicago, Southern CA, etc have been like that forever.

My position is that if the two people that have the top job have the same underlings actually running the government, that you effectively have similar leadership. Run through Joe's administration and it has Obama era folks at all levels. I question how much of the final decider Biden is, but I think he is being fed similar programs and similar information to what Obama would have been fed and that the decisions he is making are the same ones Obama would have been making.

The person at the top matters to a degree. They tend to bring the people that set the policy course and they are supposed to be the final decider, so there would be a big difference between a Biden and an DeSantis. Where there isn't a big difference is between an Obama and a Biden. Obama would make you feel better by not sounding like a guy whose old age is REALLY impacting him, but the policies would be mostly the same.

I don't really disagree.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
Too many people everywhere. But these states with the huge population growth (FL, AZ, CO, TX) are now horrible too. Chicago, Southern CA, etc have been like that forever.

If L.A. is any warning, they'll never catch up to their infrastructure need

Run through Joe's administration and it has Obama era folks at all levels. I question how much of the final decider Biden is, but I think he is being fed similar programs and similar information to what Obama would have been fed and that the decisions he is making are the same ones Obama would have been making.

That's commonplace. Obama had a lot of Clinton folks, W had a bunch of HWB folks, HWB had a bunch of Nixon folks, etc. The exception was Trump, who had no government experience and relied on his acolytes to staff his administration. He had a number of good people to begin with, but ran them off in short order. The competence of those staffing his administration at the end was abysmal.

That's commonplace. Obama had a lot of Clinton folks, W had a bunch of HWB folks, HWB had a bunch of Nixon folks, etc. The exception was Trump, who had no government experience and relied on his acolytes to staff his administration. He had a number of good people to begin with, but ran them off in short order. The competence of those staffing his administration at the end was abysmal.
Yeah. Trump had turnover "like nobody's ever seen before." Well, at least not in the last 40+ years. What a shitshow.

My position is that if the two people that have the top job have the same underlings actually running the government, that you effectively have similar leadership.

if you have the same entities funding/owning the top two people, and much of the senate and house, on both sides of the isle, in a system where money is legally allowed to buy govt, (nice work SCOTUS), you effectively have a plutocracy.

the plutocrats let the little people fight it out on social issues though.

in fact, they keep the little people fighting it out on social issues 24/7/365, yr after yr, decade after decade, to make sure the little people don't fight the plutocrats on economic issues.

on the economic side, little to no difference between the Reagan, HWB, Clinton, GWB, Obama, Trump, Biden, administrations.

they were/are all owned by the same plutocrats.

when the plutocrats are given the blessing of the courts to buy all the economic policy they want, they aren't brain dead stupid enough not to.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
on the economic side, little to no difference between the Reagan, HWB, Clinton, GWB, Obama, Trump, Biden, administrations.

they were/are all owned by the same plutocrats.

when the plutocrats are given the blessing of the courts to buy all the economic policy they want, they aren't brain dead stupid enough not to.
Devil’s advocate for a moment. Is it possible that the free trade globalization view of economics took hold for so long because it is the best choice among options?

Devil’s advocate for a moment. Is it possible that the free trade globalization view of economics took hold for so long because it is the best choice among options?

best choice for whom, Wall St CEOs and the few percent who make up the investor class, or the vast majority of US citizens who make up the working and middle classes?

free trade globalization took hold, because the moneyed interests bought off both parties.

and they did so, because SCOTUS blessed it as perfectly ok to do so, and if allowed to buy the ability to make all the country's economic policy, it would have been fiscal incompetence for the corps and super rich not to do so.

when you allow govt to be bought, 100% chance it will be.

the result was the offshoring of much of our manufacturing base, along with the jobs and tax bases that went with them, and the now 40 plus yrs of relative loss of wages for the working class, and beyond their wildest dreams increase in wealth of the super rich at the expense of the working and middle classes.

and our now being beholden/dependent on China, thus totally their bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT