ADVERTISEMENT

Scary Democrat stuff

Oh no there’s no scarier narcissistic cult than progressives. It’s not even close. And Michelle isn’t Barack as Hilary isn’t bill. Michelle would be like the squad. Complete disaster.
These people are so insane it's beyond belief. But, but Trump.

I fall into every one of those privileged "classes".
Tough shit.
Oh, and I ain't relinquishing any advantage they may have bestowed on me.
And you who are underprivileged, neither would you if you were among the privileged.

Those of you who feel guilty, give up whatever you like.

He's a twice-impeached former president who's running for president again with four pending indictments and 91 criminal counts. He's defending civil suits for fraud and defamation. His company has already been convicted of fraud and the organization may go belly-up. He spews bullshit and lies every day of his life, he tried to overturn an election he lost, and he's one of the greatest con men who ever lived. But no one can think about him or talk about him - - - unless it's justification, praise or promotion. Too effing funny. And what's even funnier is that you seem to have given up trying to defend him. There's never any substantive reply. It's just allegations of "TDS!" Weak.
That’s exactly what makes it TDS. Virtually no one is defending him, but you’re too dense to see that attacking the current administration & it’s bs isn’t the same as defending The Donald.

@JamieDimonsBalls do you live in St. Paul? Because you’re screwed if you do.

no-absolutely.gif

I live on the right side of the TC

That Hopkins thing is not only disgusting but is sending the wrong message to those who need a better message. The difference between Mae Jemison and a woman of color struggling to keep her head above water isn’t some white dude, or a heterosexual. The difference between a white guy holding a cardboard sign on a corner and a white guy who has a job and owns a home is not whiteness or blackness. Privilege is not a zero sum game. If a black guy gets a good education and a good job, he hasn’t taken a job and education from another black guy.

Sure, there are privileges in life. Some are indeed immutable characteristics. But most privileges have to do with fathers, family and education. Those privileged advantages can be mitigated, if not overcome, , but we can’t do that by telling people there is no use cuz you’re a black ,gay or whatever.

Last edited:
It's your fault St Paul will soon collapse.

Because there aren't any dicks on the city council?

I thought you guys were all huge MLK supporters by the way you constantly requote the only thing MLK ever said....'don't judge a person by the color of their skin but by the content of their character'.

It's almost time to post that meme again fellas! How many times will it be posted??

To be fair he didn't, not say to judge a person by their genitals, just the color of their skin.

Is there a ranking service for potential city council members that we can check to make sure we have the top candidates?

You have a better argument going with a lack of gender diversity claim here FYI vs the city is going to collapse just because there aren't men on the city council.

That is cartoonishly misogynistic. Like a really terrible, woke movie written by AI level of dumb misogyny.

Michelle Obama, the only one with balls in the family.

Lots of memes about this.

Appreciate trying to soften the juvenile insult here.

Many in Maga like to say Michelle is a dude with a big dick and that Obama is secretly gay because it encompasses what they perceive as the ultimate insult to the former first family....girl that's a dude and dude that is gay.

A decent comeback when you hear this kind of slur is to say 'we know Melania doesn't have one because everyone has seen her pu$$y.'

I fall into every one of those privileged "classes".
Tough shit.
Oh, and I ain't relinquishing any advantage they may have bestowed on me.
And you who are underprivileged, neither would you if you were among the privileged.

Those of you who feel guilty, give up whatever you like.

That Hopkins thing is not only disgusting but is sending the wrong message to those who need a better message. The difference between Mae Jemison and a woman of color struggling to keep her head above water isn’t some white dude, or a heterosexual. The difference between a white guy holding a cardboard sign on a corner and a white guy who has a job and owns a home is not whiteness or blackness. Privilege is not a zero sum game. If a black guy gets a good education and a good job, he hasn’t taken a job and education from another black guy.

Sure, there are privileges in life. Some are indeed immutable characteristics. But most privileges have to do with fathers, family and education. Those privileged advantages can be mitigated, if not overcome, , but we can’t do that by telling people there is no use cuz you’re a black ,gay or whatever.
We're winning.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
not like a frog in water at all. growth of big govt was fast. growth of welfare state is a myth.

and you're confusing the growth of the federal government, which started during the depression and then exploded during WW2. with the growth of the welfare spending, which hasn't grown much (now 2.3% of GDP, was 2.1% in 1940) minus some economic downturns and a pandemic.

not sure why you lobbed "public education that decreases individualism" into a mix that includes some decent points. other than that it made you feel good? lol
You sure about those welfare spending numbers?

Can’t find my source but it was based on % of GDP. Want to say Covid bumped it 3 fold before coming back down. Will see if I can find it.

Can’t find my source but it was based on % of GDP. Want to say Covid bumped it 3 fold before coming back down. Will see if I can find it.
That site I linked to has some interesting stats and analysis. I wonder what this is missing:

Poverty Gap​

The Poverty Gap is the annual income necessary to move an individual or family out of poverty. In the United States, the Poverty Gap is equal to the shortfall between the Poverty Threshold and the income of the individual or family. For example, a family of four with an annual household income of $20,000 is $9,950 below the Poverty Threshold of $29,950. Therefore the family is considered to be “in poverty” and $9,950 is the Poverty Gap.
Chart of the Makeup of Federal welfare spending for the year 2022.

The Total U.S. Poverty Gap Compared to Welfare Spending

The U.S. Poverty gap for all people in poverty in the United States totaled $279 billion for the year 2022. It is calculated using Census Bureau poverty statistics as described below. Therefore, we could have ended poverty in America for $279 billion. Yet in the same year, the federal government spent $623 billion on 13 welfare programs, not including Medicaid (health care for low-income Americans). Therefore, we spent $344 billion more than was necessary to end poverty in America. (emphasis mine)
Was poverty eliminated from the high welfare spending? No. Poverty in America has hovered between 11% – 15% of the population since it was first measured in the 1960s. Here are the numbers on spending and the poverty rate over the last 50 years and the reasons the high spending does not eliminate poverty.

According this, income security payments and Medicaid are the real movers, but overall govt spending (local, state, federal) is near 1940
levels. One shift noted was the fed govt taking on welfare from state and local . Had no idea.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
That site I linked to has some interesting stats and analysis. I wonder what this is missing:

Poverty Gap​

The Poverty Gap is the annual income necessary to move an individual or family out of poverty. In the United States, the Poverty Gap is equal to the shortfall between the Poverty Threshold and the income of the individual or family. For example, a family of four with an annual household income of $20,000 is $9,950 below the Poverty Threshold of $29,950. Therefore the family is considered to be “in poverty” and $9,950 is the Poverty Gap.

The U.S. Poverty gap for all people in poverty in the United States totaled $279 billion for the year 2022. It is calculated using Census Bureau poverty statistics as described below. Therefore, we could have ended poverty in America for $279 billion. Yet in the same year, the federal government spent $623 billion on 13 welfare programs, not including Medicaid (health care for low-income Americans). Therefore, we spent $344 billion more than was necessary to end poverty in America. (emphasis mine)
Was poverty eliminated from the high welfare spending? No. Poverty in America has hovered between 11% – 15% of the population since it was first measured in the 1960s. Here are the numbers on spending and the poverty rate over the last 50 years and the reasons the high spending does not eliminate poverty.
I’m going to look at this later. Something doesn’t look right

According this, income security payments and Medicaid are the real movers, but overall govt spending (local, state, federal) is near 1940
levels. One shift noted was the fed govt taking on welfare from state and local . Had no idea.
I think the link I posted included Social Security in the welfare state expenditures. That might be one reason for the discrepency.

Also, I don't know how to square your 2% number with this, from your link:

Governments spent up to one percent of GDP on health care for the poor until the 1960s. Now the total is reaching 4 percent of GDP. (This excludes Medicare, the federal health program for senior citizens.)

Poverty Gap​

@twenty02 here. I haven’t vetted this so assuming accurate there’s considerable room

These gov agencies and programs don’t fix anything. It’s like a gerbil on a wheel. Hell it’s against their interest to do so. Then how do they employ or get more funding. It’s no different than nonprofits. If a development director asks for less money in a grant they can’t keep staff and admit that whatever they are doing isn’t as vital as it once was. It’s always more

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT