ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese, LSU basketball player

Ok kurt. You don’t watch and don’t know much about it so I’ll leave you alone.. it’s ok to be racist and make death threats because they have a lot of money? Got it
it's not ok to be racist, I never said that. she basked in being the villain and profited from it. she wants to have it both ways that's all I said. is there a redneck problem in the country hell yes that's obvious. but it's a very small minority, I hate Trump, and everyone thinks that's his base. he basically has half about 45 percent of the country of that I only think about 10 percent are the hardcore racist. which makes them about 5 percent of the populace. That sounded like some Bernie Sanders math.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Oh I remember that girl taunting Clark last year. So what happened? Did Clark give it back to her this year? Security would have had to get me to end my taunting if I was that Clark
Clark was well behaved last night but she has taunted in the past and is a big trash talker.

Clark was well behaved last night but she has taunted in the past and is a big trash talker.
I played in an ncaa tournament game and took a pk. As I was walking to the spot I turned to the other team’s bench and did the throat slit sign. The entire stadium stood up and screamed at me. Then I missed the pk which was disappointing and gave rise to quite a back and forth amongst players

If I wanted a SW texas or yellow stone type type women... Which I do...
Then yes, She's strong and a true partner !
Any thing less... is a barbie burden.
99% are Barbie Burdens. Per scripture, looking for comfort, while bringing a forked tongue.
Women's mind set are exactly the same as activated Islamist !
Except women will show their boobs to gather their partners trust ($$$) .

Oh I remember that girl taunting Clark last year. So what happened? Did Clark give it back to her this year? Security would have had to get me to end my taunting if I was that Clark

Cheryl Miller isn't who you're thinking of. She is the first girl to dunk a basketball in a game that I know of.

She is also Reggie Miller's sister.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Could be it was the LA Times reporter who apologized for writing racist and sexist things about the LSU players, or more likely fans of other teams on social media.

Why would they say racist or sexist things? Maybe they are racists and sexists!
Didn't Reese call herself, "Ghetto"? So she injected her race unless she is talking about a mindset which comes from living in the poor inner city no matter the race. I actually didn't read what the reporter said. I guess I can look it up if it is still out there in the internet world.

The question will be how enduring the ratings bump was. I think Clark is driving quite a bit right now and that LSU/Iowa match up had a whole bunch of other undertones around it that made it an appealing watch for some people.
I agree this is the pinnacle for most, after Reece moves on she will play a few years in the WNBA (if it survives) and then just go on about her business. I don't blame these young ladies for maximizing their 15 minutes of fame I know I would, but to think the numbers are sustainable without once in a lifetime players like Clark is hard to believe.

I agree this is the pinnacle for most, after Reece moves on she will play a few years in the WNBA (if it survives) and then just go on about her business. I don't blame these young ladies for maximizing their 15 minutes of fame I know I would, but to think the numbers are sustainable without once in a lifetime players like Clark is hard to believe.
These women who use their sexuality and post pictures of themselves is not success for the long term. For one thing a woman's beauty has a shelf life. Older women can be attractive. I know because I am married to one. She still gives me a thrill. But both of us don't look as good as we did when we were 19 when we got married. We are in our 50's. Second thing is once men oogle over a woman's picture etc the luster leaves. After a while people (usually men) just don't want to buy pictures anymore because they have seen this or that already. I will say that Reese is a better looking woman than Clarke imho. But I think Reese has sacrificed her integrity and future happiness for the short term profit.

I played in an ncaa tournament game and took a pk. As I was walking to the spot I turned to the other team’s bench and did the throat slit sign. The entire stadium stood up and screamed at me. Then I missed the pk which was disappointing and gave rise to quite a back and forth amongst players
Hmmmm wonder where your minion gets it?m

Didn't Reese call herself, "Ghetto"? So she injected her race unless she is talking about a mindset which comes from living in the poor inner city no matter the race. I actually didn't read what the reporter said. I guess I can look it up if it is still out there in the internet world.
Ghetto isn’t necessarily race. Her nickname is Bayou Barbie.

The question will be how enduring the ratings bump was. I think Clark is driving quite a bit right now and that LSU/Iowa match up had a whole bunch of other undertones around it that made it an appealing watch for some people.
The freshman from USC is phenomenal, Juju Watkins. If she stays all 4 years she could break Caitlin’s records. But no doubt Caitlin is the main pull now. I think the game has evolved a lot in the last decade too, which makes it more enjoyable. Scores used to always be in the 40s, and has been mentioned in this thread, there are a lot of very nice looking women. That doesn’t hurt.

I don’t think Caitlin is once in a lifetime. Juju Watkins is only a freshman.

I don’t think Caitlin is once in a lifetime. Juju Watkins is only a freshman.
USC has 3 or maybe 4 hamburger players coming next year. JuJu probably won't have the scoring stats because others will be taking shots. She won't have to learn to shoot the 25 footer.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
It's a street-ball mindset. Doesn't really suggest race or even poverty. Plenty of middle--class Blacks in Baltimore, but they'll all tell you they grew up playing ball in the ghetto.

A good friend of mine has a daughter who played against Reese in youth sports. He claims his daughter outplayed her. Apparently Reese didn't seem too interested in playing hard back then.

Reactions: VanPastorMan
is typical of what's wrong with America. I don't know how to link articles, or I would. but those who don't know the backstory they beat Clark and Iowa in the national finals last year, and she was getting in Clark's face making hand gestures and talking trash to her. which is all good i guess in modern basketball for some reason? of course, the black community came to her defense, and Reese parlayed her new fame into big NIL deals. even appeared in the sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

they lost last night and now she complains of racism, being sexualized. even receiving death threats. I call bullshit no one outside of Baton Rouge would even know who the hell she was if it wasn't for her actions. she profited bigly off of those actions. now she wants to cry how she's so unhappy and misunderstood. not everything is racism if someone doesn't like you.
I sincerely believe a lot of the hate these players are getting are from non-US troll farms. My wife was watching the Bachelor finale while I was catching up on some work and one of the girls - I think she was first-gen Vietnamese or something - was complaining about racist online hate.

what racist losers are watching the bachelor and then attacking these women online? I honestly think very few and it’s a perfect opportunity for those that seek to divide us to capitalize. We should stop falling for it.

I thought so. Particularly LSU missing bunny after bunny down low.

Clark was bombing 3s, so that was exciting, she's got talent. But she got a little overzealous in the 3rd launching at least one from the logo.

Overall, the women's games I watch have a lot of silly miscues & turnovers. It's not just a women's issue though. I felt the same way when Bama played Grand Canyon in the men's tourney. So sloppy on both sides, hard to watch.
This is pretty much my observation as well. It just comes down to not being as athletic - in terms of speed and power and explosiveness - as the men. I’ve never seen so many missed layups as you do when watching a college women game. It’s in the WNBA too.

Baggio-esque?

I'm going to need a link Joe. Were these over the air views, cable viewers, streaming, altogether? B/c according to the link below the math is convenient.

But the viewship of IOWA/LSU was driven not by the quality of the basketball but by the rivalry and it was sold by ESPN as such (primarily) and stoked online for the week leading up to it. I have no problem with this by the way as tons of mens sportsball games are crap but get high ratings. I remember Super Bowl 53.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
This is pretty much my observation as well. It just comes down to not being as athletic - in terms of speed and power and explosiveness - as the men. I’ve never seen so many missed layups as you do when watching a college women game. It’s in the WNBA too.
Did you watch TJD play at IU? He missed a TON of layups.

This year's team did, too.

Teams don't play fundamentally like they used to and it drives us old farts crazy. Blocking out and following your shot are also lost skills. The teams that are fundamentally strong usually do pretty well. Indiana State is a good example. They don't have the best athletes, but damn, they are fun to watch because they are so fundamentally sound.

Teams don't play fundamentally like they used to and it drives us old farts crazy. Blocking out and following your shot are also lost skills. The teams that are fundamentally strong usually do pretty well. Indiana State is a good example. They don't have the best athletes, but damn, they are fun to watch because they are so fundamentally sound.
ISU is a fun watch.

Heard their coach is off to SLU next year? I guess that's a step up. Looks like half the ISU team will transfer with him.

Speaking of the portal, guess it makes coaching moves easier on the coaches now too.

• Sad
Reactions: DANC
ISU is a fun watch.

Heard their coach is off to SLU next year? I guess that's a step up. Looks like half the ISU team will transfer with him.

Speaking of the portal, guess it makes coaching moves easier on the coaches now too.
I found out last night that Matthew Graves is the Associate HC at ISU.

If they give him a chance, he could be a good one for them.

It was one of our last games of the year at home, maybe MSU. My friend and I commented on how many layups we missed. Next day I saw we had missed 18!!

Reactions: DANC
I didn’t recognize quite how good her passing was until this year. Her court vision is something else
I didn't notice it so much last year, probably why LSU beat them. My favorites are when she just tosses the ball to an empty spot for their big to come get it. That's hall of fame level basketball.

Her teammates have to love playing with her. Run the court and you'll get lay-ups.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I didn't notice it so much last year, probably why LSU beat them. My favorites are when she just tosses the ball to an empty spot for their big to come get it. That's hall of fame level basketball.

Her teammates have to love playing with her. Run the court and you'll get lay-ups.
She’s threaded the needle a couple of times and is almost always on target with full court passes. I will definitely go to a couple Fever games. I think she’s going to make a big splash in Indy, Reggie Miller and Payton like maybe. She’ll keep her Iowa base and add Indy. This is going to be a great fit for her. Kind of like Warriors and TJD. Changing the subject here, but how great is it to see him do so well? He could be wasted on the bench many other places. I was so sad for him draft night but it’s all worth it now,

Reactions: BadWakeboarder

The one thing Clark can really improve on is D. I notice she usually guards the person least likely to score. I think some may be by design, Iowa cannot afford her in foul trouble. But she doesn't seem to have it as a priority.

Coach Moren spoke about our scouting report on Scalia at Minnesota, it included a line like, "doesn't always guard someone." That seems like Clark.

... to think the numbers are sustainable without once in a lifetime players like Clark is hard to believe.
The NBA was on the cusp of being unsustainable before Bird and Magic came along.

Maybe you are too young to remember when NBA finals games were not sold out and were televised on tape delay after the 11PM news. A switch was flipped. Then Jordan came along and we have forgotten that the switch had ever needed to be flipped.

There have been stars before (Cheryl Miller, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore, Sue Bird, as a few). Maybe they were the Wilt/ Russell/ Kareem? CC may be the Bird/Magic equivalent, and maybe we will need a Jordan-like gal to make us forget that, way back when, people didn't watch or care.

These women who use their sexuality and post pictures of themselves is not success for the long term. For one thing a woman's beauty has a shelf life. Older women can be attractive. I know because I am married to one. She still gives me a thrill. But both of us don't look as good as we did when we were 19 when we got married. We are in our 50's. Second thing is once men oogle over a woman's picture etc the luster leaves. After a while people (usually men) just don't want to buy pictures anymore because they have seen this or that already. I will say that Reese is a better looking woman than Clarke imho. But I think Reese has sacrificed her integrity and future happiness for the short term profit.
Knowing that your wife still gives you a thrill. is information that Most if not all of us could have done without.

The NBA was on the cusp of being unsustainable before Bird and Magic came along.

Maybe you are too young to remember when NBA finals games were not sold out and were televised on tape delay after the 11PM news. A switch was flipped. Then Jordan came along and we have forgotten that the switch had ever needed to be flipped.

There have been stars before (Cheryl Miller, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore, Sue Bird, as a few). Maybe they were the Wilt/ Russell/ Kareem? CC may be the Bird/Magic equivalent, and maybe we will need a Jordan-like gal to make us forget that, way back when, people didn't watch or care.
There's more to the Maravich comparison than just similar stats and skills. The women's game today is more on par with when Pete played.

He couldn't do today what he did in the early 70s. Opponents are too big and fast. Big guys who used to play in the middle are now perimeter players.

The women's game will get there faster than the men's game did, though. Everyone sees the potential with 7 foot guys playing as guards.

I’m willing to bet you a sizable sum that it won’t happen. There will be a Caitlin bump and then it will return to current levels - or only slightly above - within a couple years.

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT