ADVERTISEMENT

I’m officially sick of this garbage

That's an interesting question. I'm guessing it depends on whether the bar is a leased sub-let of the grocery store or if it is officially a part of the grocery store itself (ie. owned by Whole Foods). Most establishments that sell food / liquor have policies of not allowing patrons to bring in food / beverages from outside sources.

So if it is a sub-lease, I'm guessing they would frown upon you bringing in your groceries (as there is nothing to prevent you from opening a bag of chips that you purchased from the store and start munching away on them as you down your tequila shots).

If the bar is owned by the grocery itself, I guess you could theoretically eat / drink the items you just purchased. I know that stores frown upon you eating the items you are purchasing until after they are paid for, but in this case, you have already completed the transaction. I would guess there would still be a written policy forbidding it, but it wouldn't surprise me if somebody challenged it.
I am almost certain that the bars in the local grocery stores here in Cincy are part of the grocery store. They are not leased facilities.

They do have liquor stores inside the local Kroger and Jungle Jim's grocery stores. For those, Kroger and jungle Jim's are simply the "vendors" and property owners (though they may technically lease their entire grocery store properties from a third party). It's a weird setup, wherein the state of Ohio actually owns the inventory. They simply pay Kroger/Jungle Jim's a commission on all liquor sales. The liquor stores are in separate locations within the grocery stores, and you can't take your food cart inside. However, I believe that is primarily for security purposes. Plus, since the state of Ohio is technically selling the liquor you cannot purchase other grocery store items from those registers.

Also, the state of Ohio sets all of the prices - which actually can be a positive in many instances. The prices are usually competitive with Kentucky. However, for premium liquor the Ohio prices are almost always A LOT cheaper. For example, when Ohio has it, a bottle of Eagle Rare bourbon is $39.99 (probably $74 and up in other states) and a bottle of Weller Special Reserve is only $23.99 (can be $60 and up elsewhere). Of course this also makes it difficult to find these at most Ohio stores. Our local Kroger usually gets Weller on Wednesday mornings along with some other high demand items. There will be a line waiting outside the liquor store from maybe 7 AM on (they open at 10), and most bottles are gone by noon, even though they limit people to one bottle. I have been told that people will actually resell bottles over in Kentucky - something I am certain is not exactly legal.

Another thing I like is that Ohio has a really nice website that shows the current inventory at all of the stores around the state. You can go to https://www.ohlq.com/, type in the liquor you are looking for (or browse), and then see who has it in stock. Usually (but not always) the information is up to date - certain stores are known to be current up to the minute, while others not so much. The website is also helpful because not every store has the same stuff. Apparently the state decides who gets what, and when. The two Kroger stores near my house have very different inventories. Not only does the larger store with a generally higher income customer base have more inventory, they also get a lot more of the higher end liquors. I went into the smaller one last year looking for Blantons (I think). The guy said they have never received any of that in over a year. On top of that, the stores never know for sure what they are going to get. For example, some weeks the better Kroger does not receive any Weller. I guess it has to do with whether the state can get it that week and how they decide to distribute it.

The other crazy thing they have are "Last Call" liquor stores that the state uses to get rid of inventory. There used to be one in the store near our house. Most of the stuff was garbage, but often I could find gems. Once they were selling 375ml bottles of Hendricks gin for $11 in the Last Call section. They were simultaneously selling 750 ml bottles for $35. Right now, they are selling 50 ml bottles of Glenfiddich 12 year old for $0.99 - which works out to $14.85 for 750 ml. A 750 ml bottle of the same Glenfiddich is $49.99.

I think we're probably on the same point of the 'liberal/conservative' spectrum and I totally get what you're saying. I haven't had quite the contentious experience you had, but I know people like that. I'm in a bad habit of saying 'you guys' whenever I talk to people and I get called out for that being offensive all the time.

Last year a person on my daughter's soccer team used they/them pronouns, but no one bothered to tell me. I was sitting next to their dad and they made a really nice play, so I mentioned what a great play she made. He replies, 'yeah, they're playing well.' Thinking that he was being demure about his daughter's play and deflecting to complement the whole team, I made a point to say 'SHE specifically is playing well tonight.' He wasn't a jerk about it, but he did finally tell me in front of everyone else we were sitting near about her pronouns like I should have known.
You drive your Aston Martin to Whole Foods to drink while wearing Vans high tops and you’re in your 50s? Desperation is your middle name.
I do what I like, dress how I like, drive the cars that I like. Can you link your dress code so I know what I should be wearing according to The Vid?

I wear Vans and an tshirt everywhere. Maple & Ash, Gibson’s, Momotaro, Monteverde, Le Colonial, etc.

It’s summertime and I know a lot of the people at these restaurants. Kevin Boehm used to be my next door neighbor, for instance. Besides that, everyone is casual clothes at all the restaurants now. Especially after the pandemic.

Would love to check out your wardrobe. I’m sure it would be a laugh.

Man... now wonder why everyone's so angry at each other. It's a feckin' minefield to navigate through life. So much for ''freedom''!!

Just hope none of this shit flows down my way.

that scares the shit out of me about dating. having my stoker walk out is getting worse by the day

Go for older women. They are a lot more forgiving of your ways.

0.jpg

@DrHoops

Watch the video

Kids today! Gets frisked by a female cop and she claims she is being sexually assaulted. It's interesting how any form of physical contact or touch has been overly sexualised.

I think I will stick to cats & dogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHoops
I'm sick of this garbage right or left. These guys claim to be Biden guys. I call BS...Not saying they are Trump either but this kind of agitation needs to be put to bed. It just causes divide.

I'm sick of this garbage right or left. These guys claim to be Biden guys. I call BS...Not saying they are Trump either but this kind of agitation needs to be put to bed. It just causes divide.

Roving street political terror violence coming soon, caused by partisan “any means necessary” politicians + social media + abandonment of civics education to avoid patriotism

Yay us

We’ve killed what survived the Civil War!

As everyone here knows, I am a very liberal person when it comes to social issues. But, last night I went to Whole Foods. The last time I was there, I was with a girl I was dating who has quite a temper and is only 98 lbs, so when she drinks, as she likes to do, she can get loud and has a short fuse (In my opinion). So, last night, I went to have a beer at the Whole Foods bar before I went grocery shopping. The bartender from the time I was there with my girlfriend came and bellied up to the bar and her friend came and sat right next to her. I said, I am so sorry for what happened when I was here last time. And I just touched her shoulder when I said sorry. It came natural to me. Well, she acted like I was about to sexually assault her. She pulled away so quickly. I have never in my life experienced something like that.I was really shocked.

So, I said “I am so sorry!” I didn’t mean anything untoward at all. Nothing. Anyway her friend chimed in and said “she’s acting like that because you have no business touching her without her permission.” I said I meant nothing by that at all. I have always been an advocate for their causes. So her friend goes on to lecture me about pronouns, interrupting people when they’re talking (she was throwing so much nonsense at me I felt like I had to say something to defend myself).

But the final straw was her telling me she identifies as “queer”; again, I have no problem with that. Then she said “my husband is picking me up”. I assumed she meant a woman (it’s getting confusing) but she’s married to a guy. I said I’m sorry I misunderstood. I thought you said you were queer. I got another dressing down for misunderstanding that. I should have known that she was bisexual…even though when I said “sorry, I wasn’t thinking about being bisexual.” She actually said “Don’t label me as bisexual!” Then she said “I’m done with this conversation.”

I was flabbergasted. I would usually come away from an encounter like this feeling bad and guilty, but I don’t. They were nuts.

How can you deal with someone like that? Am I missing something? These women (I don’t know if they would like me to say women) were essentially looking for a problem that didn’t exist. Just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing.

Sigh….. What the hell???
Be more selective in who you befriend. IMHO, these two were NEVER your friend.

Reactions: stollcpa
We have a societal issue where the younger generations have a real problem even hearing, let alone responding to, ideas or thoughts they disagree with. It’s not a good thing. Aside from being intellectually devoid, it has a chilling effect on even communicating with some. To me, it just comes off as extremely immature.

We have a societal issue where the younger generations have a real problem even hearing, let alone responding to, ideas or thoughts they disagree with. It’s not a good thing. Aside from being intellectually devoid, it has a chilling effect on even communicating with some. To me, it just comes off as extremely immature.
My experience is that younger generations (my 30, 27, and 24 year old grown children and their friends of similar age) are simply incredulous that old farts are so openly homophobic, racist, xenophobic, etc. They have no tolerance to "debate" about any "rationale" for such viewpoints. It is not either immature or mature, it is just a refusal to accept anyone's attempt to justify what they think are inherently horrid views.

My experience is that younger generations (my 30, 27, and 24 year old grown children and their friends of similar age) are simply incredulous that old farts are so openly homophobic, racist, xenophobic, etc. They have no tolerance to "debate" about any "rationale" for such viewpoints. It is not either immature or mature, it is just a refusal to accept anyone's attempt to justify what they think are inherently horrid views.
That’s not what I’m talking about. Of course being blatantly racist is not something I’m defending here. I’m talking about having your antenna up to be offended by any and everything. If you go through life with that worldview you will be offended.

We also have a problem in that intent is not considered anymore. I refuse to get into the pronouns business. It’s not because I’m hostile to the idea, but rather I think it’s silly. I refer to homeless people as homeless. I don’t need to be corrected that they are “unhoused” because I am not being an asshole about it.

That’s not what I’m talking about. Of course being blatantly racist is not something I’m defending here. I’m talking about having your antenna up to be offended by any and everything. If you go through life with that worldview you will be offended.

We also have a problem in that intent is not considered anymore. I refuse to get into the pronouns business. It’s not because I’m hostile to the idea, but rather I think it’s silly. I refer to homeless people as homeless. I don’t need to be corrected that they are “unhoused” because I am not being an asshole about it.

can't say i've heard anyone call them "unhoused". That is definitely nuts trying to pretend unhoused is different from homeless.

Okay, but if they're setting the definitions for those adjectives that's where they need to exercise a little self-refection. Sometimes a little understanding of where an old fart is coming from can lead to a satisfying discussion.

Reactions: Cortez88
Considering they came from your DNA they probably are that stupid. I’m joking by the way. There isn’t a chance in hell anyone mated with your dumb a#%.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990

For the record everyone knew you were being sincere and your post was fine. Outside was being his typical disingenuous self because he loves to make the board unreadable.

Last edited:
How far is your head in the sand? "Unhoused" has been the only acceptable term, particularly in academic environments.... but not exclusively, for a number of years.

I hear it referred to as "experiencing homelessness."

For the record everyone knew you were being sincere and your post was fine. Outside was being his typical disingenuous douchebag self because he loves to make the board unreadable.
For the record I knew he was being sincere and I meant no disrespect whatsoever. Maybe the 30-somethings I am around are not typical. They are into defining their personal pronouns, but not so much into taking offense at everything, like the Trumpturds do.

One thing for sure is that total assholes like snarlcakes will chime in with douchebag comments of the type that REALLY make this board unreadable.

I refuse to get into the pronouns business. It’s not because I’m hostile to the idea, but rather I think it’s silly.

Yeah, I won't play the "they" game. I'll call you he or she, whichever you want, but you have to fvcking make up your mind. You can't be both. There's only one of you, and they is plural.

In fact, I refuse to use or accept as proper the singular they in nearly any context. Grammar is grammar.

FWIW, my pronouns are me, mine, and more.

How far is your head in the sand? "Unhoused" has been the only acceptable term, particularly in academic environments.... but not exclusively, for a number of years.

See discussion here.

People who think they can solve a problem by calling something by a different name are idiots.

When they begin with a new name, I stop listening. They won’t do anything but waste time and money.

A gomelsss person doesn’t get back on their feet if they are called “the unhoused”

Drugs, alcohol, jobs, income - change their names and the problem stays the same.

Fools on a fools errand.

Yeah, I won't play the "they" game. I'll call you he or she, whichever you want, but you have to fvcking make up your mind. You can't be both. There's only one of you, and they is plural.

In fact, I refuse to use or accept as proper the singular they in nearly any context. Grammar is grammar.

FWIW, my pronouns are me, mine, and more.
Post on a soccer parent page...hard to follow...but should we assume it's a gigantic boy playing with girls (I guess)?

Anonymous member

Hi. Our child has played club ball for 3 years and is a giant out there. They tower over the other players. Unfortunately, they are getting hammered out there by the smaller players. The smaller players will shove them or purposefully crash into them and end up falling down and then my player gets the foul called on them. The fouls by the other team are super aggressive. Refs should call the fouls as they see them, not according to the size of the player. Unfortunately, we've seen this with other big players as well. They're so frustrated. And no, our club doesn't allow playing up and yes, we are looking to switch clubs next year.

Post on a soccer parent page...hard to follow...but should we assume it's a gigantic boy playing with girls (I guess)?

Anonymous member

Hi. Our child has played club ball for 3 years and is a giant out there. They tower over the other players. Unfortunately, they are getting hammered out there by the smaller players. The smaller players will shove them or purposefully crash into them and end up falling down and then my player gets the foul called on them. The fouls by the other team are super aggressive. Refs should call the fouls as they see them, not according to the size of the player. Unfortunately, we've seen this with other big players as well. They're so frustrated. And no, our club doesn't allow playing up and yes, we are looking to switch clubs next year.
Mrs. Bridgewater (8th grade English) would make that moron sit in the corner.

As everyone here knows, I am a very liberal person when it comes to social issues. But, last night I went to Whole Foods. The last time I was there, I was with a girl I was dating who has quite a temper and is only 98 lbs, so when she drinks, as she likes to do, she can get loud and has a short fuse (In my opinion). So, last night, I went to have a beer at the Whole Foods bar before I went grocery shopping. The bartender from the time I was there with my girlfriend came and bellied up to the bar and her friend came and sat right next to her. I said, I am so sorry for what happened when I was here last time. And I just touched her shoulder when I said sorry. It came natural to me. Well, she acted like I was about to sexually assault her. She pulled away so quickly. I have never in my life experienced something like that.I was really shocked.

So, I said “I am so sorry!” I didn’t mean anything untoward at all. Nothing. Anyway her friend chimed in and said “she’s acting like that because you have no business touching her without her permission.” I said I meant nothing by that at all. I have always been an advocate for their causes. So her friend goes on to lecture me about pronouns, interrupting people when they’re talking (she was throwing so much nonsense at me I felt like I had to say something to defend myself).

But the final straw was her telling me she identifies as “queer”; again, I have no problem with that. Then she said “my husband is picking me up”. I assumed she meant a woman (it’s getting confusing) but she’s married to a guy. I said I’m sorry I misunderstood. I thought you said you were queer. I got another dressing down for misunderstanding that. I should have known that she was bisexual…even though when I said “sorry, I wasn’t thinking about being bisexual.” She actually said “Don’t label me as bisexual!” Then she said “I’m done with this conversation.”

I was flabbergasted. I would usually come away from an encounter like this feeling bad and guilty, but I don’t. They were nuts.

How can you deal with someone like that? Am I missing something? These women (I don’t know if they would like me to say women) were essentially looking for a problem that didn’t exist. Just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing.

Sigh….. What the hell???
Not sure what to tell you that is what liberals love usually . You should be embracing it with open arms. " all are welcome". You need to really be more in touch with the feelings of others and their pronouns.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Sigh….. What the hell???

I bet this video was related to you, she mentions enough hints:

We've all been there.

Sigh….. What the hell???
People who have bought the "woke" culture are not worth any of your time. They are inherently ignorant.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT