ADVERTISEMENT

This shows just how divided the country is

Did you slap her on the ass and say, "Toughen up, Buttercup"?
Yep.......
giphy.gif

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Reactions: snarlcakes
I remember when Trump got elected. Day after in the office was literally people side eyeing each other.

No two ways around it, Trump is the most divisive elected official in modern memory. His "brand" of politics is the logical end of the politics of personal destruction. And, before you @ me, the Dems certainly played that game with him as well.

I don't know how to get the genie back in the bottle. But, say what you will about Clinton or Bush or Obama, it was never like this. I don't throw Biden in there b/c, while he's been a bit off kilter from his former self, he's basically a mope albeit "normal" politician. His rhetoric, while not great, is nowhere near Trump's bullshit.
Not hard to figure out. Clinton, Bush, and Obama were part of the political class. They knew the rules and played by them.

Trump was not part of it and played to win (unlike Bush) and knew how politicians are paid off - because he paid them off. And he won over their chosen one - Hillary was ordained to be the next Prez and, to this day, it pisses them off she didn't win. They had 4 years to undermine his Presidencey and rig the next election.

Nothing more polarizing than a Republican who wants to clean house and actually win.

Newt Gingrich was closest to Trump and he was, at the time, just as much of the devil to Democrats as Trump is today. But Newt wasn't rich and didn't garner the jealousy of the Dems like Trump does.

Reactions: mattndallas
Not hard to figure out. Clinton, Bush, and Obama were part of the political class. They knew the rules and played by them.
Rules matter.

Everybody love the guy/gal that doesn't "play by the rules" if it's their guy/gal.

But rules still matter. Just because they aren't written down doesn't mean they aren't there. Take b*******, you bean a guy in the back, expect to be run up on. And expect one of your own to get hit too.

Civility is massively underrated.

Trump was not part of it and played to win (unlike Bush) and knew how politicians are paid off - because he paid them off. And he won over their chosen one - Hillary was ordained to be the next Prez and, to this day, it pisses them off she didn't win. They had 4 years to undermine his Presidencey and rig the next election.

Nothing more polarizing than a Republican who wants to clean house and actually win.

Newt Gingrich was closest to Trump and he was, at the time, just as much of the devil to Democrats as Trump is today. But Newt wasn't rich and didn't garner the jealousy of the Dems like Trump does.
Had the opportunity to meet and converse with The Speaker in the Bahamas after he retired from Congress. An open, friendly, generous guy...great sense of humor..spent a lot of time looking at Healthcare in the US ....a Patriot, Conservative academic .....a rare, rare bird.

Reactions: DANC
Had the opportunity to meet and converse with The Speaker in the Bahamas after he retired from Congress. An open, friendly, generous guy...great sense of humor..spent a lot of time looking at Healthcare in the US ....a Patriot, Conservative academic .....a rare, rare bird.
We need another Newt. Unfortunately, I think Republicans are so fractured, it's not possible today.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
Rules matter.

Everybody love the guy/gal that doesn't "play by the rules" if it's their guy/gal.

But rules still matter. Just because they aren't written down doesn't mean they aren't there. Take b*******, you bean a guy in the back, expect to be run up on. And expect one of your own to get hit too.

Civility is massively underrated.
I'm not talking about rules you and I follow. Congress has their own rules they follow and it's all with a wink and a nod.

There's a reason they all leave with a helluva lot more money than they came in with, and it's not by playing with the same rules you and I are subject to.

Reactions: larsIU
It's the combination of media propaganda and a mass of gullible citizens that are being brainwashed with lies in order to think the other side is evil...more evil than say Putin.
Putin is evil,but the gop is following after trump, CPAC has invited 2 Latin America dictators. Besides inviting white nationalist and Nazis

I'm not talking about rules you and I follow. Congress has their own rules they follow and it's all with a wink and a nod.

There's a reason they all leave with a helluva lot more money than they came in with, and it's not by playing with the same rules you and I are subject to.
'Nikki' is exhibit #1...

I really don't know what most of my friends political leaning is and don't care. Seems like a lot of people now look at the other side as the enemy.

That checks out. I’m not even friends with myself anymore.

Liz Truss will be a CPAC. Cool. Remember back when the limeys all pissed their pants with her plan to slash taxes?

What a sad husk of a country they’ve become. The empire that ruled the seas and extended to every corner of the globe, gave us the model of government for the civilized world.

Now mopes around in the shadows content to play second fiddle while immigrants flood their shores. Soon they will have a Labour government. That should help!

Take a look into your future America. Malaise. No self-confidence. Sad.

It was so great when he ditched his wife when she had cancer. Rare bird indeed

I really don't know what most of my friends political leaning is and don't care. Seems like a lot of people now look at the other side as the enemy.

I think once trump is out of the equation that number drops.

Reactions: UncleMark and NPT

This stuff confirms that we are becoming dumber as a nation. We are now driven more by feelings and emotions about people and less about ideas and policies. When emotions run our politics, politics will run our relationships.

Many years ago I had a long conversation with a neurosurgeon about how progressive astrocytoma affected the brain and mind. He said the tumor slowly ate away at higher thinking functions and the afflicted individual would be driven more and more by emotion. (This is true for any degenerative brain process).

We are a nation with mass degenerative brain disease. I blame education. But that is for another thread.

Reactions: NPT and DANC
Character mattering is such a quaint, old fashioned notion. And yeah, Clinton is/was a pig.
Goid character is very important. The issue is what are the metrics of good character qualities and whether they mean more than simply provoking an emotional response.

Goid character is very important. The issue is what are the metrics of good character qualities and whether they mean more than simply provoking an emotional response.
You've shown how much (or little) you value character. Tell us the metrics you use.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT