ADVERTISEMENT

This shows just how divided the country is

NPT

Aug 28, 2001
I really don't know what most of my friends political leaning is and don't care. Seems like a lot of people now look at the other side as the enemy.

That’s so dumb. I would guess based on conversations 85 percent of my friends are center left to left. Family the opposite. Center right to right. What’s funny is the fam are all laborers. Some union. All diehard lefts until recently

Can’t imagine losing someone over politics

Last edited:
I really don't know what most of my friends political leaning is and don't care. Seems like a lot of people now look at the other side as the enemy.

Sadly, I know people like that and they aren't "young".

This is so sad, the sad state of our country. We are not inclusive any more. They want a white christian nation. AT Cpac nationalist and Nazi were openly welcome at there conference.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
This is so sad, the sad state of our country. We are not inclusive any more. They want a white christian nation. AT Cpac nationalist and Nazi were openly welcome at there conference.

It's the combination of media propaganda and a mass of gullible citizens that are being brainwashed with lies in order to think the other side is evil...more evil than say Putin.

Sadly, I know people like that and they aren't "young".
I don't know anyone like that but like I said I don't know the politics of most of my friends and really don't care. We never discuss politics... once in a while we'll discuss issues. I'd bet there are some on this forum that are like that.

I don't know anyone like that but like I said I don't know the politics of most of my friends and really don't care. We never discuss politics... once in a while we'll discuss issues. I'd bet there are some on this forum that are like that.
Of all my friends on Facebook 2 post about politics. That’s literally it. I think most avoid the conversation. It’s like money

I remember when Trump got elected. Day after in the office was literally people side eyeing each other.

No two ways around it, Trump is the most divisive elected official in modern memory. His "brand" of politics is the logical end of the politics of personal destruction. And, before you @ me, the Dems certainly played that game with him as well.

I don't know how to get the genie back in the bottle. But, say what you will about Clinton or Bush or Obama, it was never like this. I don't throw Biden in there b/c, while he's been a bit off kilter from his former self, he's basically a mope albeit "normal" politician. His rhetoric, while not great, is nowhere near Trump's bullshit.

I remember when Trump got elected. Day after in the office was literally people side eyeing each other.
I remember walking into the office the day after Trump won

"Morning Andrea, how's it going?" I say to my coworker.

"Not. Well." she replied with a scowl on her face.

That's the problem right there. People who let politics or ideology infect their normal, everyday, human interactions.

Of course the MAGA hat I was wearing probably didn't help.

No two ways around it, Trump is the most divisive elected official in modern memory. His "brand" of politics is the logical end of the politics of personal destruction. And, before you @ me, the Dems certainly played that game with him as well.

I don't know how to get the genie back in the bottle. But, say what you will about Clinton or Bush or Obama, it was never like this. I don't throw Biden in there b/c, while he's been a bit off kilter from his former self, he's basically a mope albeit "normal" politician. His rhetoric, while not great, is nowhere near Trump's bullshit.
I disagree in that I think the identity politics, the passive aggressiveness and aggressiveness, the shaming and virtue signaling from this batch of Dems is every bit as off-putting as trump. It invites reflux. I have never disliked a group of politicians more. At least trump makes me laugh

Agreed on Clinton bush and Obama.

Reactions: DANC and jet812

That's the problem right there. People who let politics or ideology infect their normal, everyday, human interactions.

Did you slap her on the ass and say, "Toughen up, Buttercup"?

Did you slap her on the ass and say, "Toughen up, Buttercup"?
She was severely overweight, black, possibly lesbian and we worked in tech. Given that minefield I kept my interactions with her as vanilla as possible until I got to know her better. Actually a cool lady, just a bad case of TDS.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I disagree in that I think the identity politics, the passive aggressiveness and aggressiveness, the shaming and virtue signaling from this batch of Dems is every bit as off-putting as trump. It invites reflux. I have never disliked a group of politicians more. At least trump makes me laugh

Agreed on Clinton bush and Obama.
Well, if he gets elected again I will tune into the press conferences. B/c I love train wrecks. And SNL will be better.

My life will likely remain unchanged either way (whoever gets elected). But this time, if he loses and bitches about it and tries to sow discord, I do hope the Republicans will shed him like a $2 hooker.

Reactions: NPT
Don’t worry Bitcoin fixes this as well. There won’t be enough money for all the stupid leftist ideas. Only fiat f#ckery allows it. 61k. Larry and the boys love their Bitcoin.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Well, if he gets elected again I will tune into the press conferences. B/c I love train wrecks. And SNL will be better.

My life will likely remain unchanged either way (whoever gets elected). But this time, if he loses and bitches about it and tries to sow discord, I do hope the Republicans will shed him like a $2 hooker.
my life is unchanged too. in some ways prices being high and people being broke inures to the benefit of my businesses. another covid lockdown would be the end for me though.

Reactions: larsIU
That’s so dumb. I would guess based on conversations 85 percent of my friends are center left to left. Family the opposite. Center right to right. What’s funny is the fam are all laborers. Some union. All diehard lefts until recently

Can’t imagine losing someone over politics

Disagreeing isn't a big deal, but not liking someone over politics is ridiculous and destructive.

Whoever they have doing Trump on snl right now stinks

Reactions: larsIU
She was severely overweight, black, possibly lesbian and we worked in tech. Given that minefield I kept my interactions with her as vanilla as possible until I got to know her better. Actually a cool lady, just a bad case of TDS.
Be on the lookout for Lars sliding into your DMs asking for her number. He’ll get her loving the D again.

Acquaintance/Friendship

My friends are predominantly right to alt-right. I have friends who lean away from the light.
I have acquaintances whose political or apolitical worldview is of no consequence.

It's the media on both sides. They get clicks and views when people are mad and divided.
sort of. in my opinion the administrations (trump/biden) exacerbate it. they pander to the opposite ends/extremes of the country. i don't believe we saw the same from bush, clinton, obama

The (D)ems?
Nope.
austin powers balloon GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Not sure you have much room to talk given you were wearing political attire to work.
That is probably worse than the people flying their huge trump flags behind their pickup truck.

sort of. in my opinion the administrations (trump/biden) exacerbate it. they pander to the opposite ends/extremes of the country. i don't believe we saw the same from bush, clinton, obama
No doubt. But Fox and MSNBC don't need to report every word both say. They also don't need to report on 90% of the shit they do. Example; Why do I, or anyone else for that matter, give a flying **** about a school board meeting about books 1500 miles from me? Shit like this has no bearing on anyone's life outside of that district. It's only reported on to rile people up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT