ADVERTISEMENT

Is the USA a great nation?

The hometown In my youth had a section called The Patch where 85% of the black folks resided.

The streets were all dirt. After a rainstorm the mud could be smoothed out thus removing the ruts and potholes.

Only visited The Patch once with one of my black friends. Felt as if I had gone to a distant third world country. Upon leaving I erased the memory as if I had never been there. Treated it as a bad dream.
Your comment brought back memories. My brother and grandmother just got their street paved 2023. B4 that it was red dirt. WHY did they just get paved you asked ? White companies are buying up all the land around the black farmers. My brother is not selling. You guys think . I'm talking out of my head. Let's just say there are rich, greedy, and terrible money grabbers out there. Once the black families sell, they will never see that land again they are building 750k to a million dollars homes When I was young it was all farmland.. My grandfather bought b4 the turn of the century.

Keep it simple, therefore you are what you think you are and nothing more, so think wisely.

We, alone as individuals, create our own feelings of reality.

“If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands!” (clap, clap)

That said, is it too early to say Purdue appears to be a team of destiny coming fulfilled? Edey’s the big name of the tournament. Painter wins one for Gene before he dies, two BT national champs in one year, champs 2X in a row after being humiliated in tourney the year before. Final game is the day of the total eclipse. Fortunately, it’s only partial in W Laffy, but I’m sure announcers will note it, along with Lance Jones video taping him teaching Mean Gene how to dance. PUKE me with a spoon! I hope like hell they lose ‘cause I get surlier with each passing game. I may not be able to eat supper, come Monday night. Do not put me in that position!
You may not be able to eat supper on Monday night, but you’ll have a great midnight snack. Purdue can’t beat UConn.

UConn may be the best coached college team I’ve seen in a long time. And to think Danny Hurley and Archie Miller were on the same trajectory when Archie was at Dayton and Hurley at Rhode Island, with Archie considered the more sure thing. Some things just don’t make sense. It would’ve been nice watching IU going for back to back instead of UConn.

I feel for your streets, mine are sucking right now,
Actually they are pretty good. There some rough sections, but that is because of how drainage has to be handled. This hood is literally elevation 1' and flat, so it's complicated at high tide.

What neighborhood do you live in? Must be nice.Most white folks move to the suburbs
I live in Chicago. Lived on the West Side until last summer.

I've never seen one of these "black people" or "black neighborhoods" you speak of yet, but I am hoping like heck I get to see one soon.

I live in Chicago. Lived on the West Side until last summer.

I've never seen one of these "black people" or "black neighborhoods" you speak of yet, but I am hoping like heck I get to see one soon.
If you live in Chicago, I would advise you not to go in too far. I hope you do not live near Englewood.

Unbelievable, isn't it? Of course, the Republicans run a dimwit against him (from what I can tell - I don't live in Indiana any more, so I don't know the candidates - just from what I get on social media, mainly).
He is now running for US Congress, I do not know what district. Must of had left over funds from his Mayor run.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
Your comment brought back memories. My brother and grandmother just got their street paved 2023. B4 that it was red dirt. WHY did they just get paved you asked ? White companies are buying up all the land around the black farmers. My brother is not selling. You guys think . I'm talking out of my head. Let's just say there are rich, greedy, and terrible money grabbers out there. Once the black families sell, they will never see that land again they are building 750k to a million dollars homes When I was young it was all farmland.. My grandfather bought b4 the turn of the century.

WD, appreciate your post.

The neighborhood which I am currently living has large homes which when built 100 years ago were at the edge of town.

The neighborhood has gone from white to black, and now from black to white. I bought the home from one of white imvestors who was unhappy with my recommendation to purchase the home in a mostly black neighood. I loved the home after many repairs and became friends with both my older black and younger white neighbors.

To make a long story short, the white inhabitants have always made considerable profits by owning homes in my neighborhood while the black owners have been lucky to break even.

Some would argue the black owners failed to maintain the old and large homes. Therefore they deserved what they didn't get. Truth be known, they did the best they could with their income.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT