ADVERTISEMENT

Tampon Tim and the Culture War

Exactly. And no matter how we try to pass laws and cater to peculiarities, that fact doesn't change.
T
It would be much better to put energy into mental health treatments than codifying unnatural behavior.

Some peoples' life journey is more complicated and difficult than others. Life isn't fair.
Your middle paragraph is 💯

A 12 year is all of our business with matters line that. A societal obligation that trumps parental rights.

Correct. How is this different than a wacky Christian group that won't obtain medical care for a seriously ill child? DCS gets involved in those situations. No minor should be allowed to have body altering elective surgery of this magnitude even with parental permission.....let alone against the parents' wishes. It's insane, and even Europeans are now recognizing it.

Queer activity qualifies as unnatural behavior. It doesn't reproduce offspring, hence it's VERY unnatural. Lesbian behavior is unnatural as is transgender behavior.

Natural behavior, at least in mother nature, produces offspring. It's not up for debate....

Sorry - not going down that rabbit hole.

What is a woman?
They are both uncomfortable questions. We can't just ignore them and hope they go away.
Society is changing on these issues. We can either adapt and work together to come up with some compromises for how to deal with it, or we can digress into yelling and name-calling.
The only thing I know for sure is that not everybody is going to be happy when the new "norm" settles in (whether it is a movement towards "abnormal" behavior acceptance or restricting their ability to change).

Queer activity qualifies as unnatural behavior. It doesn't reproduce offspring, hence it's VERY unnatural. Lesbian behavior is unnatural as is transgender behavior.

Natural behavior, at least in mother nature, produces offspring. It's not up for debate....
So just God's mistaken then.......

I don't follow. So breathing isn't natural behavior since it doesn't produce offspring?

• Sad
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
On the flip side, my wife got a reduction when she was 16 because she wasn't functioning all that well with those big ole' melons on the front of her.

I wish I knew her then to talk some sense into her.

Cosmetic surgery is a different situation........

Is it unnatural to have sex for the sole goal of pleasure vs reproduction?

That was an intelligent post and I was wondering how “alot” got in it. I sill can’t type it without autocorrect trying to fix it.
Perhaps I am throwing intentional bad grammar into my posts so that I guarantee that you read the whole thing.
5-D chess my friend.
smart-thinking.gif

They are both uncomfortable questions. We can't just ignore them and hope they go away.
Society is changing on these issues. We can either adapt and work together to come up with some compromises for how to deal with it, or we can digress into yelling and name-calling.
The only thing I know for sure is that not everybody is going to be happy when the new "norm" settles in (whether it is a movement towards "abnormal" behavior acceptance or restricting their ability to change).
It's not uncomfortable to me. I just don't care to get into the weeds about it when it's obvious.

Just because something is tolerated more today than it was previously doesn't make it any more natural.

'Natural' comes from 'nature'. "Nature" is a man and a woman. Men becoming women, and vice versa, may be a 'norm' and accepted, but it's still unnatural.

It's not uncomfortable to me. I just don't care to get into the weeds about it when it's obvious.

Just because something is tolerated more today than it was previously doesn't make it any more natural.

'Natural' comes from 'nature'. "Nature" is a man and a woman. Men becoming women, and vice versa, may be a 'norm' and accepted, but it's still unnatural.
But how do you know that gay people haven't existed since the evolution of humans?

There is AMPLE evidence of same-sex behaviors in animals.

Male seahorses are the ones who get pregnant. Our paths diverged a long time ago, but somewhere up that evolution chain, seahorses and humans came from the same organism. Just sayin!!

Reactions: Mark Milton
I don't follow. So breathing isn't natural behavior since it doesn't produce offspring?
I'm having some sharp cheddar cheese and crackers. What dosage of Demtynol are you smoking? I sure hope there are truck loads of Narcan at the (potentially) upcoming DNC convention.
Although I would not be surprised at all, if the dnc figures out a way to not have a convention, other than a meeting of pelosi and schumer in her office that decides what the "party" moves forward with.

* "party" as in as much as the Nazi's were a party. When in fact, it's here is your one option or we will send the FBI and others to harasses you.

Can Open Season 2 GIF by Friends

From my limited understanding of biology, Nature enjoys breaking the rules.

Several species of frog can change their sex.
Clownfish and Blue Striped Fang Blenny can change their sex
There are a few butterflies types that can change sex.
I think there are some lobsters that can do it.

Most of the time, they are due to biological rarity of one sex, but this world is filled with exceptions to the binary rule.

But how do you know that gay people haven't existed since the evolution of humans?

There is AMPLE evidence of same-sex behaviors in animals.

Male seahorses are the ones who get pregnant. Our paths diverged a long time ago, but somewhere up that evolution chain, seahorses and humans came from the same organism. Just sayin!!
Of course they've existed. Same sex attraction has always been around. Who is talking about gay-ness? I thought the issue is trans and changing bodies?

This is a common misconception - that gay-ness is included in the LGTBQLSMFT alphabet. Even gays don't agree, although they may be sympathetic to the trans issue.

We're talking humans here, not seahorses. Let's not get too esoteric.

On the flip side, my wife got a reduction when she was 16 because she wasn't functioning all that well with those big ole' melons on the front of her.

That is different, IMHO. She likely didn't get a reduction for cosmetic reasons, but because "she wasn't functioning all that well." I take that to mean she was being negatively impacted with things such as back pain.

I knew a girl in college that had a reduction because it was causing her upper back issues. Funny enough her name was Mel. It was sad to see Mel 1 and 2 go.

As I said, I think 15 or 16 is the MINIMUM before the topic should even be brought up. I agree that it is a huge change. It is not something that you should entertain lightly. With that said though, part of the problem is that we are trying to compartmentalize all these kids into a certain bracket. I don't know if you can truly ever put a black / white / age 18 / age 15 requirement on it. Probably for 95%, yeah, making 18 the minimum age is a good idea. There is always going to be that outlier case though.
They are all outliers.

And that is what is silly about this. In the case of the Minnesota governor, most people on my side of the aisle would acquiesce to school districts making women's sanitary products (tampons/pads) available in schools for girls, in girls bathrooms. There is maybe an issue there that would be had around funding but that is almost always the case about everything. When the governor sticks them in the boys bathroom and gets pushback and the "you just don't want to help girls" argument is rolled out, it is just disingenuous.

It isn't about girls at that point. It is about forcing your political opponents to consume the shit sandwich you have prepared for them. And not only must they consume it, they have to tell you it tastes great. The tampons are for girls. Well some girls aren't really girls and it is insulting to treat them as such. However, for these girls that aren't girls that we must treat as boys, we need to make sure these products that are for girls are available in spaces that aren't really for girls.

When it becomes clear that really it isn't compromise that is requested, but instead capitulation, people are going to stop listening. That is particularly the case when what we are being asked to capitulate to changes on the whims of basically mentally disturbed individuals.

That is different, IMHO. She likely didn't get a reduction for cosmetic reasons, but because "she wasn't functioning all that well." I take that to mean she was being negatively impacted with things such as back pain.
REally need pic's to properly diagnose possible effects. It's ok, I'm a doctor, she can show me.

Fiscal conservative. Just put the Tampon dispensers in the hallway. Everyone can use it from the same place. Only have to invest in on machine, or in larger venues call it 1/2 of the needed equipment if more than one is needed.
But then I get to thinking of the Lefts attempts to help ME. They removed all cigarette machines in my high school. I had to remember to bring my own gad damn cigarettes. Suddenly if that was the same "self responsibility" there would be no damn bullet hole plugger uppers machines needed. If you might bleed, bring your own damn plug. It's not like this is a new phenom... since like a million fvckin years.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
You're full of it. Your first 3 paragraphs have nothing to do with the reason the law was enacted.

I have zero doubt your extreme right wing propaganda machine that you overly consume and has learned how to make an insane amount of profit by scaring an audience of middle aged angry white dudes has told you something like this is proof of an evil cabal of 'woke' power brokers who only want to force it on you (which makes no sense. No one is pushing anything other than advice to stop being a blatant douchbag that everybody hates, get some confidence, stop being susceptible to obvious and blatent fear mongering-especially coming from sources who are obviously looking to generate easy profits. How about try having a humanitarian belief of belonging?) so you better dig deep into your underbelly of emotional insecurity and be angry about it vs what an actual teacher who is much more experienced in actual and recent sociological HS drama and challenges has to say about it.

Again I stated it's just one former teacher's opinion after I asked her about it.

Moral is, just saying I'm wrong, especially on something I freely admit I don't bother myself with unless I'm forced into the discussion from the right, and constantly it's from the right, doesn't change any position of my noted opinion of a teacher who I personally respect more than the current extreme right information silo.

Meaning if you have proof that's reputable and not a YouTube from Matt Walsh or from the Epoch Times, Washington Examiner or Gateway Pundit...that's how you make a better response and avoid the blanket stereotype.

I'm sure you feel better so, if so that's at least a positive thing from a mental health perspective.

Glad I could be of help in that scenario.

One thing I find interesting is most on both sides seem to believe in individual rights. But there is also a dichotomy between collectivism and individualism.

For example, I would be considered conservative by most but I would say I'm more socially idgaf and fiscally stop blowing our countries money. There are some things thought that are too illogical to ignore.

Anyway, the way I see it, the left is more everyone is an individual and we need to accept them where the right is more do what you want and leave me out of it.

I think @IUCrazy2 said it best, im paraphrasing/adding. When you try to force acceptance it pisses people off. Do your thing within reason, but when the left comes up with these wild ass ideas and says you must accept it or you're (insert insult, or adjective) then gtfo.

If you really believe in the individual then why try to force acceptance or compel them to act or speak in a certain way. Did we become so sensitive as a society we forgot to tell assholes how to f*ck off? One last thing, why do people seek acceptance from those who won't give it? Forget them and do your thing.

They just have accept the consequences of that choice.
Which could be having to have a medical procedure. Or taking a morning after pill. The consequence doesn't have to be childbirth.

Is it unnatural to have sex for the sole goal of pleasure vs reproduction?
I like that you couched it as a "goal." It's how I see it as well.

One thing I find interesting is most on both sides seem to believe in individual rights. But there is also a dichotomy between collectivism and individualism.

For example, I would be considered conservative by most but I would say I'm more socially idgaf and fiscally stop blowing our countries money. There are some things thought that are too illogical to ignore.

Anyway, the way I see it, the left is more everyone is an individual and we need to accept them where the right is more do what you want and leave me out of it.

I think @IUCrazy2 said it best, im paraphrasing/adding. When you try to force acceptance it pisses people off. Do your thing within reason, but when the left comes up with these wild ass ideas and says you must accept it or you're (insert insult, or adjective) then gtfo.

If you really believe in the individual then why try to force acceptance or compel them to act or speak in a certain way. Did we become so sensitive as a society we forgot to tell assholes how to f*ck off? One last thing, why do people seek acceptance from those who won't give it? Forget them and do your thing.
It's why dividing up political thought into just one axis--right and left-- is not very useful sometimes.

Conservatives actually used to push back on liberal individualism with reference to society, community, etc. They felt/feel that in some instances individualism should give way to public good for the community (so, sex might "feel good" but free love degenerates society, etc.). Some still maintain this view (I think Michael Brendan Dougherty might fit this bill) and this guy writes about it here:

(I'm expecting a push back from CoH on this one).

Today, far-left illiberals who complain about our culture of rugged individualism think it is an illusion and needs to be curtailed because it is part of Whiteness that leads to other groups' oppression.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT