ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I'll ask the question...if Troy stays who goes?

HoosJer

Benchwarmer
Jan 26, 2012
Let's be civil on this one guys and gals. It's just a question...not looking for a fight or insults so let's just stick to the question.

Good chance Troy goes but if not he could still be the odd man out. Michigan let Max go and sure could have used him. If Troy graduates then he will be a grad student who can transfer anywhere without having to set out. I am kind of torn over what would be best for the team and maybe Crean knows something we don't. If Troy comes back and plays team ball then we need him but if he comes back looking to improve his own future then we may be better off without him. My actual guess is Priller will transfer to a division 2 school.

In no way is signing Mcswain best for the team...He's at least a what, 2 year commitment? Maybe 3 years? Would much rather hold on to the scholarship, regardless of Williams' decision.

I'd think Priller. Was he used at all in the NCAA? I'm pretty sure he was not used in the UNC game when it was decided.

I would say the guy that hasn't added a pound of muscle or improved in 2 years will seek playing time at a D2 school or give up basketball and stay at IU. I have a hunch Troy won't be back and we can still pick up Spike. Not sure we need him, but it would be fun to have him.

I don't know much about the new JUCO, but I hope this doesn't take a spot for a 2017 kid.

There is a ton of talent we are on in 2017.....

Was kinda hoping this ride would just stay open.

I don't know much about the new JUCO, but I hope this doesn't take a spot for a 2017 kid.

I would say we will have at least 3 openings for 2017 with Hartman graduating and Bryant and OG probably leaving early. Also if Priller stays he might graduate in 3 years and leave after graduating.

You probably said the same thing after we signed OG and Morgan and they have turned out to be good editions. I think your hatred for our coach has blinded you of any obejectivity when it comes to Crean. He could sign 5 5 star players and you would complain about it.

For what it's worth I asked the question before I read mcswain announced

Can Gelon go to a prep school after signing an NLI? Might help him develop and free up a spot.

Seems like this could be a good backup to fill Troy's role if OG isn't quite able to do it. OG will bring the athleticism that Troy had but is a better defender/rebounder. Maybe McSwain can play a similar role that OG did this past year in backing up Troy (10-15 mpg).

II
It would be a rare occasion when I would let a scholarship go unused for a year . . .

Expect to hear something very soon. With the latest on Williams not getting drafted then he'll either play overseas or come back. Coming back means someone else has to go. I'm thinking someone is going to transfer to get playing time for a smaller school.
This is actually a sign our program's roster is only looking at contributors not cheerleaders.

McSwain is a great pick up by IU. If Troy stays then Priller is a walk on or transfers or Gelon red shirts.

You probably said the same thing after we signed OG and Morgan and they have turned out to be good editions. I think your hatred for our coach has blinded you of any obejectivity when it comes to Crean. He could sign 5 5 star players and you would complain about it.

Teams never need 5 x 5-star players. It's too much. You need role players and guys who want to pass. You need guys who want to play defense and set screens, and you need guys who go in just to be 5 more available fouls.

This year's IU team began to "breathe" offensively once we got rid of the 3 shooters plus Troy line up (due to injury- but it was a good change).

Teams never need 5 x 5-star players. It's too much. You need role players and guys who want to pass. You need guys who want to play defense and set screens, and you need guys who go in just to be 5 more available fouls.

This year's IU team began to "breathe" offensively once we got rid of the 3 shooters plus Troy line up (due to injury- but it was a good change).
U.K. Has had a pretty nice run of success with it.

Could be someone has questionable academics that we aren't privy to knowing about...like the year with the Movement, and Patterson failed to qualified...

Not true we only had 12 on scholarship this year.
First time ever and it was due to players getting booted in the summer. Either way you are always going to have a few guys who don't play.Most teams don't play 13 guys so not sure why priller needs to be shown the door.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT