ADVERTISEMENT

C'mon Woody

SixthFlagComing

Freshman
Dec 15, 2012
I love CMW - he seems like a great guy and a good coach. In the post-game presser, though, he started acting indignant about some legitimate questions about the team's performances so far this year saying things like, "Well, we won these three games," and, "I'm curious to know what you guys (media) would be writing if we had lost those three games."

It always amazes me that when a team loses, coaches find ways to "be proud of their team's fight" and say it's not about wins or losses.But, when a team plays like crap...like IU has...well, then it's sufficient to just win the game..

Cmon Woody...just admit we've played three games against Nobody State and we've looked pretty bad in all three. No need to be sanctimonious about it.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I love CMW - he seems like a great guy and a good coach. In the post-game presser, though, he started acting indignant about some legitimate questions about the team's performances so far this year saying things like, "Well, we won these three games," and, "I'm curious to know what you guys (media) would be writing if we had lost those three games."

It always amazes me that when a team loses, coaches find ways to "be proud of their team's fight" and say it's not about wins or losses.But, when a team plays like crap...like IU has...well, then it's sufficient to just win the game..

Cmon Woody...just admit we've played three games against Nobody State and we've looked pretty bad in all three. No need to be sanctimonious about it.

What did the 3 programs we beat do to deserve such public disrespect?

And what leader of young men publicly talks badly about his team and expects it to bear fruit? Kids aren't going to respect that.

What did the 3 programs we beat do to deserve such public disrespect?

And what leader of young men publicly talks badly about his team and expects it to bear fruit? Kids aren't going to respect that.
He's already talked about his kids negatively in public. Might just be that he doesn't want to do that any more, or just didn't feel like it last night?

Everyone knows its a big concern at this point. But it isn't completely necessary for Woody to commiserate about it after every game.

Just watched the post game interview.
Yes, CMW seemed out of sorts. This is the first time I've noticed he was "chippy" with the media. This has not been the norm for him since he has been here.
Not sure why, but maybe he just wanted go see and hold that new grandbaby.
Believe me, there is NOTHING better than that. Very happy for him and his family.
GoHoosiers

He's already talked about his kids negatively in public. Might just be that he doesn't want to do that any more, or just didn't feel like it last night?

Everyone knows its a big concern at this point. But it isn't completely necessary for Woody to commiserate about it after every game.
We also have no idea what he’s saying to the team in private.

Yes, CMW seemed out of sorts. This is the first time I've noticed he was "chippy" with the media. This has not been the norm for him since he has been here.
Believe me, there is NOTHING better than that. Very happy for him and his family.
GoHoosiers
I would imagine he’s “chippy” because he’s frustrated with how the team has performed, but I feel like that’s something he’ll handle in private. Also, CMW probably likes f*****g with the media as much RMK did.

GoHoosiers
my guess is, he's looking at the schedule, thinking "damm...the next month is gonna be rough, and these pressers are not going to get any easier".
Who knows, I keep wanting to believe we're just playing to the level of our opponents, so we'll be world beaters against UConn. Glass half full...

I know you think youngsters are just supposed to bow down and show fealty to their elders....as if that's how anything has ever worked EVER ANYWHERE.

Your LOL sounded like a 90 year old's in my mind's ear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT