ADVERTISEMENT

True fans comment by Woody

jiouhyu

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
I think he was talking to me as I’m not at all happy with not making the tourney and zero upward trajectory for next year. In fact I want him gone. Am I not a true fan, a 20 yr season ticket holder? That comment stuck in my craw. Woody chirping about how he’ll be back. Way to go coach. A first rounder and possible 2nd rounder on ur team and woody will be sitting at home watching the games on tv. Way to go coach!!

I think he was talking to me as I’m not at all happy with not making the tourney and zero upward trajectory for next year. In fact I want him gone. Am I not a true fan, a 20 yr season ticket holder? That comment stuck in my craw. Woody chirping about how he’ll be back. Way to go coach. A first rounder and possible 2nd rounder on ur team and woody will be sitting at home watching the games on tv. Way to go coach!!
Yes, he was talking to you.

You need to shut up and buy your tickets for next year.

Ouch. Now u hurt my feelings. I need a safe space.
Look, you’re a fake fan and I’m skating on thin ice with the mods tonight, as I, too, am a fake fan, and immoderate in my rhetoric. Please stop replying to my posts.

I’ve already explained how it is and you like this arrangement at which you and IU have arrived … yes?

Yes, so was Leal when he said it is obvious those who doubt us are not the coaches.

Coach Woodson, IU fans are upset because you talk a big game but have zero recruits for next season. All of the other 17 coaches in the B1G have recruits coming in. Maybe a real coach would have a team for real fans to cheer for.
Please do your job and you won’t have to worry about the same fans who will back you 100% when you recruit a good team.

I don't know how much but Mother Bears Leal deal is I believe for the Hoosier collective. I also think he has a marketing company deal. Enough to pay his sisters tuition.

I had the Renau burger at the Woods restaurant at Keystone. It was good.
I bet he gets a buck or 2 for every Leal Deal

Reactions: Shuski
For a 66-year old man that coached in New York City, and has more money that he would ever be able to spend, he seems pretty thin skinned. Most confident folks I’ve ever been around don’t react that way.

Just my opinion, but I thought the whole thing came off a little weird. After all, he was the one who spoke of B1G and national titles. Now we are in year 3 staring down an NIT bid. Is this a “lower your expectations” process?

For a 66-year old man that coached in New York City, and has more money that he would ever be able to spend, he seems pretty thin skinned. Most confident folks I’ve ever been around don’t react that way.

Just my opinion, but I thought the whole thing came off a little weird. After all, he was the one who spoke of B1G and national titles. Now we are in year 3 staring down an NIT bid. Is this a “lower your expectations” process?
But all the good little sheep fans will eat it up. This administration is a cess pool.

Very smart. If I were an opponent, I'd want oody to be at IU forever.
Well, Izzo has not mastered him yet although his historical record at MSU sure beats what Indiana has had since the Knight years. Woody is 2-2 head-to-head with Izzo. Izzo's record in Woody's three years is 62-39 and Woodson's 61-39. MSU plays a tougher schedule and gets a lot of respect nationally which we have had only in maybe 3 or 4 seasons during the 2000's. None during Woody's tenure.

Well, Izzo has not mastered him yet although his historical record at MSU sure beats what Indiana has had since the Knight years. Woody is 2-2 head-to-head with Izzo. Izzo's record in Woody's three years is 62-39 and Woodson's 61-39. MSU plays a tougher schedule and gets a lot of respect nationally which we have had only in maybe 3 or 4 seasons during the 2000's. None during Woody's tenure.
Even with the bottom of the conference group of guards Woody cooked up, he still could or should have gotten 12-8 out of this roster. 13-7 If he was good. Cupps-Leal-Galloway-Sparks -??? Going to be fun next year as well.

Look, you’re a fake fan and I’m skating on thin ice with the mods tonight, as I, too, am a fake fan, and immoderate in my rhetoric. Please stop replying to my posts.

I’ve already explained how it is and you like this arrangement at which you and IU have arrived … yes?
Why are you on thin ice with mods?

Woodson is a below average coach for a now below average program. I guess it's a match made in heaven.

It was a bit of an awkward moment in the crowd to say the least.

Outsider view. I know you want a winner. Woodson may not be the solution. I think it's fair to give him another year. You've won 4 in a row. You have to admit your team has a couple really good inside players. That said I don't know if either will be back. Have to believe it's the NBA for Ware. The portal may surprise you. If it doesn't, he's gone next season. So either improvement or a change.

Go prove it Coach. You haven't proven it yet, but your administration, and it seems most of your players, believe in you. Don't let them down.

Reactions: 76-1 and Vern Pain
Woodson is a below average coach for a now below average program. I guess it's a match made in heaven.
THIS!👆

We are, and have been for quite some time, a below average program.

It's really what I said to my wife on our wedding day. "Lower your expectations and you're going to be a lot happier in this marriage."

But that's not what he said when he took the job. He said championships and competing for "nattys"...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT