ADVERTISEMENT

General John Kelly

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
So you think Biden is too old, and/or he wrongfully used his influence for the financial benefit of his seriously fvcked up son, and/or is a bad president. Fine. Don't vote for him next November.

Let's shift to the other major party candidate, the presumptive Republican nominee Trump. Serious question. How can anyone who loves this country, and has respect and gratitude for the service and sacrifice of every man and woman who has ever worn the uniform, possibly vote for this despicable sub-human being?
  • “What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, calling Trump a “person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’”
  • “A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family — for all Gold Star families — on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.”
  • “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason — in expectation that someone will take action.”
  • "A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us."
How is this not disqualifying for a presidential candidate? How can this reprehensible individual (I won't say "man") who smears and insults our military ever again serve as commander-in-chief?

So you think Biden is too old, and/or he wrongfully used his influence for the financial benefit of his seriously fvcked up son, and/or is a bad president. Fine. Don't vote for him next November.

Let's shift to the other major party candidate, the presumptive Republican nominee Trump. Serious question. How can anyone who loves this country, and has respect and gratitude for the service and sacrifice of every man and woman who has ever worn the uniform, possibly vote for this despicable sub-human being?
  • “What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, calling Trump a “person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’”
  • “A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family — for all Gold Star families — on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.”
  • “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason — in expectation that someone will take action.”
  • A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us."
How is this not disqualifying for a presidential candidate? How can this reprehensible individual (I won't say "man") who smears and insults our military ever again serve as commander-in-chief?

You’re focusing on who is more corrupt. Many voters will just ask when was my life more affordable

Reactions: ulrey and jet812
My question is who doesn't believe what John Kelly said? My follow up question is how can anyone possibly defend Trump if you believe it?

You two both ignore that many folks 1) think they’re “all corrupt” and/or 2) don’t care. And simply one to know who made their lives better

Reactions: jet812
You two both ignore that many folks 1) think they’re “all corrupt” and/or 2) don’t care. And simply one to know who made their lives better
Those that think 1) are just wrong, but this isn't about corruption, it's about unfit character - others are not at all like Trump. Trump is a very special and unique case, and not in a good way. ;). People should care. The guy is unfit to be President. We need to do all we can to ensure he's not the GOP nominee and nominate someone that can make lives better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indyhorn
You’re focusing on who is more corrupt. Many voters will just ask when was my life more affordable
What? This has nothing to do with "corruption." I'm talking about a uniquely disgusting person who shits on the service and memory of American soldiers who were taken prisoner, were injured or died in combat, and who has repeatedly demonstrated contempt for the military that he commanded.

What? This has nothing to do with "corruption." I'm talking about a uniquely disgusting person who shits on the service and memory of American soldiers who were taken prisoner, were injured or died in combat, and who has repeatedly demonstrated contempt for the military that he commanded.
We all are an audience to your daily Trump obsession. We get it. What I’m telling you is that there are voters who care more about what they perceive he will do for them. Coh crazy and many others will vote for trump over Biden. Just reality

Reactions: jet812
mcm is talking about the people that believe the president is solely responsible for inflation.

The people buying that propaganda probably aren't the people that really care about anything other than their side winning.

This is why I've seen military personnel become anti-Trump and I'm afraid many have given up on the GOP because he's made the party more like him. I doubt there's a big move toward becoming Democrats, but I'm guessing there are far fewer committed Republicans and more independents. A once solid Republican vote is no longer so solid. Guaranteed.

We shouldn't reduce this to Trump v Biden. There are more qualified people on both sides, why are we sticking with those two? Why isn't another D running? Why would Republicans vote Trump over a host of other conservatives with far less baggage? Those are the questions we face today. In a year we may be forced to argue Trump v Biden, if so, Heaven help us.

We all are an audience to your daily Trump obsession. We get it. What I’m telling you is that there are voters who care more about what they perceive he will do for them. Coh crazy and many others will vote for trump over Biden. Just reality
Sorry, dude. This is a news story and worthy of discussion. Sorry if it's too much for your sensibilities.

Reactions: outside shooter
This is why I've seen military personnel become anti-Trump and I'm afraid many have given up on the GOP because he's made the party more like him. I doubt there's a big move toward becoming Democrats, but I'm guessing there're far less committed Republicans and more independents. A once solid Republican vote is no longer so solid. Guaranteed.

A lot of GOP politicians are between a rock and a hard place. They can't totally throw Trump to the curb now or they risk losing in the primaries. But they can't get too cozy with him or they can't beat the dem in a general.

I don't feel sorry for them though because they had 2 chances to get rid of Trump from their party and both times refused to have a spine and get him impeached. Now they are dealing with the consequences.

The victims are the sane republicans that are now in a holding pattern until Trump loses his influence. Of course, Trump 2.0 could be around the corner if someone else does a successful job of replicating his strategy (aka DeSantis or someone else).

Still waiting for ex-Biden staffer to resign or get fired, then come out against him like what happened with Trump repeatedly. You can blame it on people with an ax to grind, but the are also people with political futures on the line who were either so toxic being associated with Trump or became toxic by calling him out.

Sometimes it's as simple as who you surround yourself with, and as much as I dislike Pence, politically, the best people around Trump could've been the ones who stuck it out to make sure he didn't run the damn place into the ground.

Reactions: Aquaman1
We shouldn't reduce this to Trump v Biden. There are more qualified people on both sides, why are we sticking with those two? Why isn't another D running? Why would Republicans vote Trump over a host of other conservatives with far less baggage? Those are the questions we face today. In a year we may be forced to argue Trump v Biden, if so, Heaven help us.

There is the thought that the incumbent has a built in advantage given the history of most presidents getting 2 terms. I think most liberals wish the dems would find someone else.

If Trump somehow doesn't get the Republican ticket then dems might regret not putting up a different candidate.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
mcm is talking about the people that believe the president is solely responsible for inflation.

The people buying that propaganda probably aren't the people that really care about anything other than their side winning.
I'm saying his description of captured and dead combat troops as "losers and suckers" and "I don't get it, what was in it for them?" should be disqualifying. Period. Full stop. It's fvcking beyond the pale.

We shouldn't reduce this to Trump v Biden. There are more qualified people on both sides, why are we sticking with those two? Why isn't another D running?
How often does a party try to primary a sitting President?

Why would Republicans vote Trump over a host of other conservatives with far less baggage?
Because they're idiots who think he's one of them. The ones I've distanced myself from are the Alpha Bros who try to act like Trump.

• "A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us."

Biden will be 82 years old at the beginning of the next term. The average life expectancy of someone who reaches the age of 80 is 7 years. So there is probably a chance of at least 40%
that Biden will die in office. And then there will be the matter of likely ongoing mental deterioration.

On the other side of the aisle Trump starts out as a seriously flawed sociopath with no moral compass.

So Biden wins hands down as the lesser of two evils.

And yet the Trump supporters claim the Patriot label at every turn.

How often does a party try to primary a sitting President?

Because they're idiots who think he's one of them. The ones I've distanced myself from are the Alpha Bros who try to act like Trump.
Not often in recent times. I volunteered for Kennedy in '80.

How often has that a party ran a candidate who is within a month of turning 82 on election day? We can't ignore that elephant.

I think it was Club for Growth that did some research, and sticking it to the libs is a major reason Trump has his support. If we shut up about him, he might just fade in the polls

Man, I really hope Christie does not get the nomination. That would be horrible. We Ds would have to move to Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: hoosboot and larsIU

How often has that a party ran a candidate who is within a month of turning 82 on election day? We can't ignore that elephant.

I think it was Club for Growth that did some research, and sticking it to the libs is a major reason Trump has his support. If we shut up about him, he might just fade in the polls

Man, I really hope Christie does not get the nomination. That would be horrible. We Ds would have to move to Canada.

Christie is one of the few that actually said he wouldn't support Trump if he was a convicted felon.

Most on that debate stage only want to pander to the worst of their party.

Christie is one of the few that actually said he wouldn't support Trump if he was a convicted felon.

Most on that debate stage only want to pander to the worst of their party.
See, Christie is dangerous. We have to stop him, start a lot of threads about how horrible he is. That'll get Trump supporters to vote for him. That will stop such a dangerous man as Christie from winning.

• Haha
Reactions: hoosboot and larsIU
Biden will be 82 years old at the beginning of the next term. The average life expectancy of someone who reaches the age of 80 is 7 years. So there is probably a chance of at least 40%
that Biden will die in office. And then there will be the matter of likely ongoing mental deterioration.

On the other side of the aisle Trump starts out as a seriously flawed sociopath with no moral compass.

So Biden wins hands down as the lesser of two evils.
Trump is almost 80 himself. Biden definitely is showing more signs of mental and physical decline and it would not be a surprise if he didn't make it through a term. There is precedent for this. Truman was selected as FDR's last running mate and he and nearly everyone in the upper levels of the party expected that FDR would not make it through another term. Truman took the slot knowing that the odds were that he'd end up as President. It was a heavier than usual burden on a VP. Didn't help the FDR continued his usual practice of not keeping his VP well informed on Presidential matters until his death.

If it's Biden, his running mate really matters. Harris doesn't appear to be a positive factor for the election. If Biden does run (I'm predicting he doesn't), he must consider dumping Harris and picking another running mate people would be more comfortable with as President. FDR ran with a different VP candidate each time. Abraham Lincoln ran with a different VP candidate each time. It's not like this has never happened.

Reactions: MrBing and larsIU
Then shame on them. Biden sucks and seemingly Dems have no plan B.

But there are plenty of solid Pub options. I am so disappointed in friends, family, and neighbors that refuse to move on from Trump. They must have zero moral character and only care about winning, being right, owning libs, or their bottom line.

When Mattis, Kelly, Tillerson, Barr, Bolton, etc. all come out and say the guy is unfit for office and people still choose to ignore them, I guess all is lost.

Hell, at this point he might as well rape or murder someone on Times Square. That way the evangelicals can love him even more.

His comments on our military and those that sacrificed are deplorable and should be disqualifying. But hey, I know inflation is an inconvenience for so many of you.

Last edited:
I'm really over Trump himself. He is right up there with the biggest POS human beings I've ever encountered.

I'm focused on how many Americans have zero moral character. So many Pubs should learn from people like Aloha and others like him. This country is morally bankrupt.

See, Christie is dangerous. We have to stop him, start a lot of threads about how horrible he is. That'll get Trump supporters to vote for him. That will stop such a dangerous man as Christie from winning.
Yea, you're right. How did I not see it. Guess I have just gotten so used to crazy politicians. He is definitely a threat to democracy and must be stopped at all cost or liberals will have to leave en masse.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I'm really over Trump himself. He is right up there with the biggest POS human beings I've ever encountered.

I'm focused on how many Americans have zero moral character. So many Pubs should learn from people like Aloha and others like him. This country is morally bankrupt.
look at Biden’s approval ratings. Congress. People think our gov sucks. They’re all crooks who get rich when they get there. I’m voting for who will benefit me most. Not all people. Some people

I'd rather Biden change VPs than not run.

What we do in here isn't impacting polls, unless the polls just quizzed us. It's just unreasonable to think Trump won't have oxygen in the room when he is 1) running for President and 2) in criminal proceedings that might impact his ability to run for President.

I will be voting for Christie in the primary next year if he's on the ballot.

look at Biden’s approval ratings. Congress. People think our gov sucks. They’re all crooks who get rich when they get there. I’m voting for who will benefit me most. Not all people. Some people
Not me. I can live with a little lower quality of life for a few years. But a Trump second term will change the very foundation of this country. And few in the right have the sand in their gut to stop him.

But hey, as long as 401k balances go up and gas is cheaper who gives a crap about the constitution. JFC how did we get here...?

Not me. I can live with a little lower quality of life for a few years. But a Trump second term will change the very foundation of this country. And few in the right have the sand in their gut to stop him.

But hey, as long as 401k balances go up and gas is cheaper who gives a crap about the constitution. JFC how did we get here...?
It’s just sad because both parties have viable alternatives

Reactions: BCCHoosier

As a kid I used to wonder how Germany could have followed Hitler.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. Venting? I get it; today's political climate is frustrating and I don't think many in the country want Trump v. Biden: The Rematch.

But if you're attempting to persuade people on the board, while I wish you well, I would caution you against referring to Trump as "sub-human." He is not, and that is dangerous language. Trump is human, all too human. Using that language will automatically turn off many of the people you might be trying to reach with the rest of your message.

As for how millions will vote for Trump (or Biden, for that matter), I suggest you read Democracy for Realists. Its theory explains this phenomenon pretty well, I think--even though I fall into the trap of thinking voters are rationally thinking about all these issues and are involved in a complex calculus to determine who to vote for all the time, as your question implies:

"Democracy for Realists assails the romantic folk-theory at the heart of contemporary thinking about democratic politics and government, and offers a provocative alternative view grounded in the actual human nature of democratic citizens. . . .

[The authors] demonstrate that voters—even those who are well informed and politically engaged—mostly choose parties and candidates on the basis of social identities and partisan loyalties, not political issues. They also show that voters adjust their policy views and even their perceptions of basic matters of fact to match those loyalties. When parties are roughly evenly matched, elections often turn on irrelevant or misleading considerations such as economic spurts or downturns beyond the incumbents’ control; the outcomes are essentially random. Thus, voters do not control the course of public policy, even indirectly."

Last edited:
There is the thought that the incumbent has a built in advantage given the history of most presidents getting 2 terms. I think most liberals wish the dems would find someone else.

If Trump somehow doesn't get the Republican ticket then dems might regret not putting up a different candidate.
I don't like Trump all that much. I dislike the Democrats more. I hope I get a better choice than these two losers currently ahead. That being said, I cannot in good conscience put the Democrats in charge of this country. Trump is a piece of shit but having a government stocked with conservatives is more preferable to me than a government full of the type of people currently running places like NY, Portland, Baltimore, etc. Trump is a despicable person and Democrat policies can be verifiably shown (ex: here, here, here, here) to ruin once nice places. One of those is much more likely to impact me than the other.

If Trump actually said that stuff I won't defend it. I think it is reprehensible. I won't vote for him in the primary. However, if the only choice I have is between him and a Democrat, I will not put a party that has shown a complete inability to govern, because of their disconnection from reality, in power.

I could go third party if I thought there was a real chance for them to win. I won't throw my vote away for another four years of the type of stuff I linked above.

And no, I am not some brainwashed moron. I fully understand what my decision means. I just think it is the least bad option of two bad options.

I don't like Trump all that much. I dislike the Democrats more. I hope I get a better choice than these two losers currently ahead. That being said, I cannot in good conscience put the Democrats in charge of this country. Trump is a piece of shit but having a government stocked with conservatives is more preferable to me than a government full of the type of people currently running places like NY, Portland, Baltimore, etc. Trump is a despicable person and Democrat policies can be verifiably shown (ex: here, here, here, here) to ruin once nice places. One of those is much more likely to impact me than the other.

If Trump actually said that stuff I won't defend it. I think it is reprehensible. I won't vote for him in the primary. However, if the only choice I have is between him and a Democrat, I will not put a party that has shown a complete inability to govern, because of their disconnection from reality, in power.

I could go third party if I thought there was a real chance for them to win. I won't throw my vote away for another four years of the type of stuff I linked above.

And no, I am not some brainwashed moron. I fully understand what my decision means. I just think it is the least bad option of two bad options.

You may not be a moron but definitely brainwashed.

• Haha
Reactions: NPT
My question is who doesn't believe what John Kelly said? My follow up question is how can anyone possibly defend Trump if you believe it?

This is why Trump must not be president or can’t be president if elected. He shoots his mouth off too much.

As far as I am concerned, thiese Kelly remarks put him in the dumpster right next to Trump. Playing smash mouth with Trump does not enhance our Democracy or make people like Kelly look good.

What Trump said about McCain is inexcusable.

Trump ridiculed a particular gold star famiky in 2026 in ways only Trump could do. I observed the 2016 campaign as closely as many. He ridiculed that family because they publicly ridiculed him on behalf of Hillary; not because they were a gold star family. I never heard him ridicule all Gold star families.

Doesn’t know what America stands for? What would that even mean? I’m sure many who support Biden’s open borders believe I don’t know what America stands for. I recall a President who didn’t know what Memorial Day meant. What America Stands for is hardly an objective criticism.

The last point about God help us about the rule of law is spot on. As we see on the border, and in every urban area, the rule of law is in the dumpster. I blame democrats for every bit of that. The Biden administration giving our democratically enacted border and immigration laws the finger is the worst thing that happened to the United States since the civil war. Since when should a president unilaterally change immigration and border laws? Nobody will be held accountable and we are irreparably damaged by Biden’s actions. The fact that people like Kelly don’t see that, or if they do see it, don’t run to WaPo. With their opinion is didgusting. God help us because Biden promised open borders, people like Kelly voted for him, and now we are f*cked.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory

:rolleyes:

Simp

Reactions: T.M.P.
Voting for the one who is least destructive to how this country operates would be what benefits me more.

That said the prices of the staples I buy at the grocery are coming back down.

Congrats to Biden on working on getting those staple prices down. All Hail Biden, awesome at price reduction lol.

If he gets the blame for price increases, then only fair to get the praise for decreases.

Voting for the one who is least destructive to how this country operates would be what benefits me more.

That said the prices of the staples I buy at the grocery are coming back down.
They should be as grain prices have dropped significantly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT