ADVERTISEMENT

General John Kelly

2006 for me. Wtf man. I mean, really. Wtf. The drinking just out of hand, got married (stupid, stupid, stupid), bought a house (with the stupid 1st wife).

I really need somebody to just stand by me and nut punch me once in a while to guard against my own stupidity.
You could be on the undercard before the McMurtry-Outside Shitter headliner. Maybe Lucy could come out of retirement?

It doesn’t take a genius to connect the dots to a few specific policy initiatives championed by Democrats including Obama, Holder, Soros.
Hmmmmm. Did they start the War on Drugs? Nope. That's a real both sider right there. The jump in young black men going to prison for drug charges is nearly 100% responsible for the issues we see today. If you truly believe the last 10 years have caused this, well, I believe you're just wrong.

But you go ahead and mutter about “unique challenges” and nothing will change.
My new favorite buzz words are "generational trauma".

You seem to be unable to read the English language. Of course there has been a spike. I have acknowledged that MANY times.

Do you recognize that EVEN AFTER THE RECENT SPIKE, rates remain lower than they used to be in the 80s and early 90s? Simple question.

This "unprecedented spike" has had the effect elevating rates of most types of crimes from 25-40% of what they used to be in the 80s, to 40-50% of what they used to be in the 80s. We all want this trend to be reversed. We don't want anything like the hellish crime rates of the 80s and early 90s to return.

Think. I know it's hard for you, with your rotted Fox brain.
I want you to denounce your cult. I want you to say wokeism is bad. It leads to crime and destroys cities. Do it. Save yourself

Reactions: Spartans9312
Hmmmmm. Did they start the War on Drugs? Nope. That's a real both sider right there. The jump in young black men going to prison for drug charges is nearly 100% responsible for the issues we see today. If you truly believe the last 10 years have caused this, well, I believe you're just wrong.

My new favorite buzz words are "generational trauma".
what caused the spike is a combination of wokeism and the pandemic. the war on cops led to an unprecedented number of retirements and resignations. departments were understaffed. this was exacerbated by the emergence of soft soros das and shifting allocations away from pds. throw in the mental health residuals from the pandemic and we had a perfect storm for the spike in violent crime we've seen. oh and biden/harris/aoc and the rest firing up people over george floyd. needlessly. remove those things and we'd be back to 2019 figures. and maybe we'll get there. but we can't have woke cult members in office

So you recognize that there was a spike. Correct? A significant spike: Gun assaults, aggravated assaults and robberies also remained higher in the first half of 2023 compared to the first half of 2019, with gun assaults up 39%, aggravated assaults up 8% and robberies up 2%. As well as the highest murder rate spike in a century. And you recognize this coincided with the actions and rhetoric of your cult. Correct? But you still won't admit their policies and rhetoric are no good. That's called willful ignorance. You are indeed a dunce. Don't vote.
Still, compared to 1991, the crime rate is significantly lower. In fact, crime fell significantly from 1992-2014, then started to rise, but it’s nowhere near what it was in the early 90’s. Blaming high crime rates on one political party is just being a partisan hack.

Still, compared to 1991, the crime rate is significantly lower. In fact, crime fell significantly from 1992-2014, then started to rise, but it’s nowhere near what it was in the early 90’s. Blaming high crime rates on one political party is just being a partisan hack.
A partisan hack is ignoring what POLICIES gave rise to a spike and going back 30 years to try to disclaim it.

what caused the spike is a combination of wokeism and the pandemic. the war on cops led to an unprecedented number of retirements and resignations. departments were understaffed. this was exacerbated by the emergence of soft soros das and shifting allocations away from pds. throw in the mental health residuals from the pandemic and we had a perfect storm for the spike in violent crime we've seen. oh and biden/harris/aoc and the rest firing up people over george floyd. needlessly. remove those things and we'd be back to 2019 figures. and maybe we'll get there. but we can't have woke cult members in office

You don't think people were already fired up about George Floyd when the video came out and had flashbacks to Rodney King?

I don't think they needed fired up... they already were after seeing that video.

You don't think people were already fired up about George Floyd when the video came out and had flashbacks to Rodney King?

I don't think they needed fired up... they already were after seeing that video.
when harris called cops murderers? yes it exacerbated matters. along with the entire false narrative of dispropotionate unarmed killings

Reactions: stollcpa
I might even agree with you, but those things above were just the fuse. The powder keg was 30 years in teh making. At least.

Over 50% of black children today grow up without a father. While we laud the efforts and achievements of single mothers, that model isn't going to work. It hasn't worked for the previous 20,000 years so I'm not sure why we think it should work now.

The strongest indicator of a stable child is a stable two parent household. I don't care if it's two women, two men, one man/one woman, whatever. A single mother/father is simply not equipped to best raise a child. They can't do both roles at one time. They might succeed but they just ruin themselves in the process and that also isn't good for the children.

We should be doing more to penalize deadbeat dads. Severely.

Last edited:
I might even agree with you, but those things above were just the fuse. The powder keg was 30 years in teh making. At least.

Over 50% of black children today grow up with out a father. While we laud the efforts and achievements of single mothers, that model isn't going to work. I hasn't worked for the previous 20,000 years so I'm not sure why we think it should work now.

The strongest indicator of a stable child is a stable two parent household. I don't care if it's two women, two men, one man/one woman, whatever. A single mother is simply not equipped to best raise a child. She can't do both roles at one time. They might succeed but they just ruin themselves in the process and that also isn't good for the children.

We should be doing more to penalize deadbeat dads. Severely.
yeah and i don't really know how you do that. sending them to jail when they don't pay child support seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face. can't make money in jail. desantis had some program where they were paying fathers or giving them grants or something. i don't remember. but it was the right idea. but i agree with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
when harris called cops murderers? yes it exacerbated matters. along with the entire false narrative of dispropotionate unarmed killings

I'm far, far from a fan of Harris, but if this is what you're talking about, this is pretty far from calling cops murderers. It's her opinion, which is exactly what all our politicians do, did with this one situation.

If this is what you are talking about, protests and riots had already started before she came out with this statement.

I'm far, far from a fan of Harris, but if this is what you're talking about, this is pretty far from calling cops murderers. It's her opinion, which is exactly what all our politicians do, did with this one situation.

If this is what you are talking about, protests and riots had already started before she came out with this statement.
No she tweeted it. It was a rush to judgment to pander. Breonna Taylor. No different than Biden.

A partisan hack is ignoring what POLICIES gave rise to a spike and going back 30 years to try to disclaim it.
Not going back 30 years. The crime was low in 2014 and compared to what it was in the 70’s, 80’s, and early 90’s it’s still much lower.

I suspect you see the multitude of outlets we have now (cable news, social media, etc.) and think crime is out of control, when in reality we’re living in times safer than than it was for most of the past 50 years.

Don’t let today’s Information age cloud your perspective.

Crime drop: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_drop

No she tweeted it. It was a rush to judgment to pander. Breonna Taylor. No different than Biden.

Ahhh. Hadn't seen it, and don't care to look it up, but I'll trust you're correct.

Can we agree both sides do the pandering in regards to judgement before a trial is held, which leads to the way our nation then thinks because people can't think for themselves?

Not going back 30 years. The crime was low in 2014 and compared to what it was in the 70’s, 80’s, and early 90’s it’s still much lower.

I suspect you see the multitude of outlets we have now (cable news, social media, etc.) and think crime is out of control, when in reality we’re living in times safer than than it was for most of the past 50 years.

Don’t let today’s Information age cloud your perspective.

Crime drop: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_drop
again explain to me what that has to do with progressive rhetoric and policies. you simply won't face the issue because you are so painfully partisan there in your bubble in bloomington. the progressive policies and anti cop rhetoric contributed to a spike in crime. THAT is the issue. nothing else. policies instituted by your party and their attack on cops gave rise to a spike in crime. OWN IT

At the height of the pandemic in 2020, homicide rates jumped nationally by 30%, Rosenfeld noted.
The murder of George Floyd during the pandemic also brought anti-police brutality protests, which, Rosenfeld says, can increase violent crime rates as police reduce self-initiated activity due to the community’s mistrust and hostility toward officers.
The term was commonly known as the Ferguson effect, coined by former St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson following the police shooting death of Mike Brown in Ferguson in 2014.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Ahhh. Hadn't seen it, and don't care to look it up, but I'll trust you're correct.

Can we agree both sides do the pandering in regards to judgement before a trial is held, which leads to the way our nation then thinks because people can't think for themselves?

we can agree that progressive policies and rhetoric had a material impact on creating a spike in violent crime in this country. trump's words are a drop in the water of the ocean compared to the actions/words of progressives as it relates to violent crime during this administration

Post 182. Fbi data. The spike reflects some policy. You’re in a cult. From your delusional made up stories about maga in your hood to your running to spout off on any time a white person shoots while ignoring the reality of violent crime stats. What you are is resentful. You hate being a man. You’re clearly a pussy. And you hate being white. You should just undergo a sex change and become a tranny and be happy. Go all in on your cult. We know it’s how you identify
The spike may or may not reflect some policy. That's an assumption. There are other possible explanations.

The jump in young black men going to prison for drug charges is nearly 100% responsible for the issues we see today.
Don’t agree. The young black men gone to prison for drugs are not the offenders now. Most of the offenders were in school at that time. There might be an argument about the offspring of drug offenders, but I think that is insignificant and no where near 100%.

Obama was focused on breaking the school to prison pipeline as he phrased it. His DOE championed relaxing responsibility and accountability for school discipline for kids right at an age when they needed more of both. The lack of responsibility and accountability is part of todays problems.

The Obama administration also exploited Travon Martin, Michael Brown and Eric Garner to send a message to black kids that white cops and white justice were racist and it was acceptable for black offenders to disobey and disrespect them. The media piled on. Then when George Floyd hit the landscape, game over. It will be years before police recover if ever.

The spike may or may not reflect some policy. That's an assumption. There are other possible explanations.

policy/rhetoric. pandemic depression. people broke. cops not policing bc of anti cop rhetoric. guns up. those are the cited reasons by most experts. perfect storm led to an unprecedented spike.

Don’t agree. The young black men gone to prison for drugs are not the offenders now. Most of the offenders were in school at that time. There might be an argument about the offspring of drug offenders, but I think that is insignificant and no where near 100%.

Obama was focused on breaking the school to prison pipeline as he phrased it. His DOE championed relaxing responsibility and accountability for school discipline for kids right at an age when they needed more of both. The lack of responsibility and accountability is part of todays problems.

The Obama administration also exploited Travon Martin, Michael Brown and Eric Garner to send a message to black kids that white cops and white justice were racist and it was acceptable for black offenders to disobey and disrespect them. The media piled on. Then when George Floyd hit the landscape, game over. It will be years before police recover if ever.
the george floyd rhetoric had a horrible impact on policing. why bother. resign. early retirement. not worth it.

Obama was focused on breaking the school to prison pipeline as he phrased it
. His DOE championed relaxing responsibility and accountability for school discipline for kids right at an age when they needed more of both. The lack of responsibility and accountability is part of todays problems.

Well it's a multigenerational problem now isn't it? Blaming Obama is just a pastime for you at this point. I agree the lack of responsibility and accountability are causing the issue, but disagree vehemently that anything occurring in schools over the last ten years has had a bit of influence (maybe 5%, so there you go). It's in the home COH and, deep down, I think you know that.

And please don't lump Travon Martin in wtih Brown and Garner. Different situations entirely. Martin wasn't committing a crime when he was killed. His killer was. Brown and Garner were not good people. Should they have been killed? Oofta. I'll leave that to the experts who have been in those situations or had the time and energy to investigate or educate themselves on it.

And, yes, Obama said what he said. He also said black men had to shoulder more responsibilty in raising the children they helped create. Should we throw that out too?

Last edited:
It's in the home COH and, deep down, I think you know that.
True. But the authorities can’t change homes. They can change schools. Do you really dispute that school discipline is terrible? That became worse under Obama’s DOE. Suspensions and expulsions became federalized.
And please don't lump Travon Martin in wtih Brown and Garner.
Yes they are different cases. But, Holder’s DOJ treated them similarly. Hell, Holder even had a website to gather disparaging information about George Zimmerman after the failed state court prosecution.

True. But the authorities can’t change homes. They can change schools. Do you really dispute that school discipline is terrible? That became worse under Obama’s DOE. Suspensions and expulsions became federalized.
We might call it a "failed approach" but hardly the cause. If it were taht easy, just bring back the paddles. But we know it isn't.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
We might call it a "failed approach" but hardly the cause. If it were taht easy, just bring back the paddles. But we know it isn't.
Fixing the effects of bad policy can’t be done just by removing the policy. The border is a conspicuous example.

Fixing the effects of bad policy can’t be done just by removing the policy. The border is a conspicuous example.
Agree. Fight the cause of the problem. And w/r/t the border, we should try everything. Walls, drones, agents, incentives, harsher penalties, etc.

We're so sharply divided we can't even get the major parties to agree that letting people flock into the country undocumented is a problem. Yes, I know which party is currently the dumb one on that issue but the only solutions that will stick require some form of amensty or an immigration process which doesn't require the undocumented to return to their country of origin (or something to that level of leniency) in order to get a status. So while the Dems currently have tehir heads in the sand, when it comes time for "real" solutions, the Rebpublicans are going to have to give and maybe even (GASP!!) suffer defeat in a primary.

But we all know that won't happen.

But you’re not one, right? Nope, sorry, there’s no world that I’m just as bad as he is. I haven’t sexually assaulted anyone. I don’t make fun of people with disabilities. I’m not charged with 91 crimes. I’m not a pathological liar. I’ve read several books trying to understand why in the world anyone could support that man. I could understand in 2016 people who hadn’t done their homework. But 2020? Now? Nope .
That’s correct, I’m not, but I know people that did vote for him that trash merchants on this board have labeled with some of the most insulting things you can call a person. Therefore, I will continue to return the favor to the bigots that have done so…

Trump is almost 80 himself. Biden definitely is showing more signs of mental and physical decline and it would not be a surprise if he didn't make it through a term. There is precedent for this. Truman was selected as FDR's last running mate and he and nearly everyone in the upper levels of the party expected that FDR would not make it through another term. Truman took the slot knowing that the odds were that he'd end up as President. It was a heavier than usual burden on a VP. Didn't help the FDR continued his usual practice of not keeping his VP well informed on Presidential matters until his death.

If it's Biden, his running mate really matters. Harris doesn't appear to be a positive factor for the election. If Biden does run (I'm predicting he doesn't), he must consider dumping Harris and picking another running mate people would be more comfortable with as President. FDR ran with a different VP candidate each time. Abraham Lincoln ran with a different VP candidate each time. It's not like this has never happened.
"Trump is almost 80 himself. Biden definitely is showing more signs of mental and physical decline..."

I'm going to take minor exception to the accuracy of this statement, if the implication is that Biden's mental decline is worse than Trump's. I think in some regards Trump gets a pass because he's no longer in the Oval office, but I don't think Biden's worst gaffe supasses Trump's worst. And that was just what happened within an administration that ended 3 yrs ago.

That video only goes up to the end of Trump's Presidency, which means it doesn't include more recent examples like confusing George and Jeb Bush, thinking he won in 2016 against Obama, and fearmongering that Biden was going to get us into WWII...

And here is an exaple of what he spews,seemingly daily... He's friggin deranged...
It's hilarious that he continues to whine about the fact that his legal team didn't request a jury. He's like 0-3 in jury trials, and likely to be worse soon...

I'm going to take minor exception to the accuracy of this statement, if the implication is that Biden's mental decline is worse than Trump's. I think in some regards Trump gets a pass because he's no longer in the Oval office, but I don't think Biden's worst gaffe supasses Trump's worst. And that was just what happened within an administration that ended 3 yrs ago.

That video only goes up to the end of Trump's Presidency, which means it doesn't include more recent examples like confusing George and Jeb Bush, thinking he won in 2016 against Obama, and fearmongering that Biden was going to get us into WWII...

And here is an exaple of what he spews,seemingly daily... He's friggin deranged...
It's hilarious that he continues to whine about the fact that his legal team didn't request a jury. He's like 0-3 in jury trials, and likely to be worse soon...

Biden is objectively failing physically and mentally more obviously than Trump. Trump says stupid and ridiculous things, but he’s clearly more energetic and physically healthy than Biden. I don’t think Biden could even play a round of golf at this point. Neither should be running at this stage, but if the election was only about who appears to be healthier and mentally still with it, I’m afraid Trump would win. I absolutely do not want Trump to win.

We’ve replaced paddles with pills…I’ll let everyone decide which is better long term.
You are spot on with the fact that 99% of the problems start in the home. Parenting, or lack there of. Single parent homes put the parent and the child behind the 8 ball.

Reactions: stollcpa and larsIU
We’ve replaced paddles with pills…I’ll let everyone decide which is better long term.
You are spot on with the fact that 99% of the problems start in the home. Parenting, or lack there of. Single parent homes put the parent and the child behind the 8 ball.
Additionally, therapy. I know it's important but part of childhood is developing the coping mechanisms to deal with a world that won't always be fair, or nice, or accomodating. I'm concerned kids aren't learning how to live in such a world with the way we allow them to never deal with problems head on.

I don't know. But I think we shield kids far too much. We've already evolved to have the longest road to maturity of any animal and we keep pushing that off. Not physically. But mentally/socially, yes. I mean, 26 years old and still on parent's health care? I love the concept of healthcare for all but at what age do we think a man or woman (b/c that's what you are at 23/4/5/6) should fend for themselves a bit. I bet 1/2 of folks from 22-25 still have their parents paying their cell phone bill or insurance on the car, etc.

Additionally, therapy. I know it's important but part of childhood is developing the coping mechanisms to deal with a world that won't always be fair, or nice, or accomodating. I'm concerned kids aren't learning how to live in such a world with the way we allow them to never deal with problems head on.

I don't know. But I think we shield kids far too much. We've already evolved to have the longest road to maturity of any animal and we keep pushing that off. Not physically. But mentally/socially, yes. I mean, 26 years old and still on parent's health care? I love the concept of healthcare for all but at what age do we think a man or woman (b/c that's what you are at 23/4/5/6) should fend for themselves a bit. I bet 1/2 of folks from 22-25 still have their parents paying their cell phone bill or insurance on the car, etc.
Yep….therapy starts along with pills in elementary school. They never quit taking pills….from the time they are six until death. Something unforeseen happens…run to the doctor and get a pill. It’s like a pacifier.

A young nurse that works with my wife just had a baby. Still on her parents insurance. Besides the fact she has a good job and can afford her own insurance….the real kicker is she is married.
What kind of sense does that make?

100%. The irony here is that I think that therapy incorporated into child rearing would be really beneficial.

I just don't think we're doing it correctly. I see my kids and their friends as being nicer than we were at their age. Genuinely nicer, concerned about being "mean" etc. But we aren't teaching them healthy coping skills, or maybe, we teach them the skills but then remove every chance that would provide a time to use those skills. Like teaching a bunch of linemen how to run block, but then never running the ball in the game.

I thought SEL programs in schools would do this. But they don't. Plus, a lot of therapy works on self-acceptance but that can quickly turn into excuse-making and blaming others for your lot in life. CBT, when practiced correctly, would be the opposite of this, but that's not what is being incorporated into schools, despite the fact it is still one of (maybe the only?) the only therapeutic modalities empirically shown to work.

Two of

two of the top four economies are red in fla and tx. But calif and other places have natural benefits. Hard to compare calif and its natural benefits to Mississippi. The truth is progressives are just cancers on communities. It’s not Dems. It’s progressives. As for whether pubs care about the poor I don’t know. I don’t believe in trickle down economics like most my brethren
Well you shouldn’t since Voodo economics gave us the lion share of debt since 1981 when it started the exponential growth- the Republican Party has to reassume the mantle of fiscal solvency- but with Trump and Ted Cruz stuffing idiots into the house not sure how thinking elephants can carve out space to legislate

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Well you shouldn’t since Voodo economics gave us the lion share of debt since 1981 when it started the exponential growth- the Republican Party has to reassume the mantle of fiscal solvency- but with Trump and Ted Cruz stuffing idiots into the house not sure how thinking elephants can carve out space to legislate
partisan nonsense. biden is contributing trillions. hell manchin prevented him from contributing more. as did obama. that's a bipartisan problem

• Haha
Reactions: Indyhorn
partisan nonsense. biden is contributing trillions. hell manchin prevented him from contributing more. as did obama. that's a bipartisan problem
@Indyhorn what's funny? no one in raw dollars has contributed more to the national debt than obama. now trump may have beat same with another term but who knows. and who knows how much biden would have spent but for manchin etc. as it stands again no one has contributed more than obama. historically no one compares to wilson and fdr. both dems. wars etc but still accurate. as i said. spending is a gov problem. and i do think pubs spend too much on military

• Haha
Reactions: Indyhorn
@Indyhorn what's funny? no one in raw dollars has contributed more to the national debt than obama. now trump may have beat same with another term but who knows. and who knows how much biden would have spent but for manchin etc. as it stands again no one has contributed more than obama. historically no one compares to wilson and fdr. both dems. wars etc but still accurate. as i said. spending is a gov problem. and i do think pubs spend too much on military
And #2 and #3 are Trump and Bush. You know raw dollars doesn't mean much beyond recency.

You clearly have never seen federal debt plotted- keep on with the feels, not the data

Obama inherited the GWOT and Iraq/Afghanistan wars as well as the TARP bailout. I don't think Obama would have been Top 10 without them. Trump had COVID, Biden had COVID.

Kind of a shit run for the ol USA the last 20 years or so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT