ADVERTISEMENT

News from the Club.

I will never defend the morons who invaded the Capitol building, but your description of what occurred seems a bit off to me.

Look at these sophisticates. Did they plan the mutiny or were they just invited by the sophisticated planners? Are they asking directions to the House floor here? Was that part of their sophisticated plan?

qanon-shaman-jan-6.jpg
Some serious ass insurrection going on there. Wonder if that officer committed suicide?

Untrue. 300 plus are federal ranging from attempted murder to arson to burglary of a federally licensed gun dealer to destruction of property using explosives to inciting a riot to assaulting law enforcement officers. The two hours on the capitol are a drop in the ocean compared to the damage of the summer of love at all levels. Throw in Dems and Hollywood types fronting bail and it’s almost comical to compare the two events.

But partisans are partisans. Jan 6 was awful but doesn’t compare
You’re right it wasn’t. One group was trying to overturn democracy.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Meh, mostly peaceful.

They weren't in the right but I refuse to buy into the narrative around that day when the same people pushing that narrative stood in front of burning buildings the summer before and told me I was witnessing a mostly peaceful protest.

They weren't in the right but next to no one was trying to violently overthrow the government that day. No one will ever convince me it was anything more than a political protest that turned into an impromptu riot.
Well except all the planning that went into it. Someone e just happened to have gallows and a noose, weapons, zip ties, touring the Capitol the day before. Meetings with proud Boys and Oath Keepers. Weeks of planning went into this little impromptu protest.

Reactions: UncleMark
You’re right it wasn’t. One group was trying to overturn democracy.
Eh they weren’t too vehement. They made it home by dinner. Now the blm wow wow wow. 2,000cops injured in the first week. Week. Mercy how long did that go on. Scary scary stuff. Very scary people. They destroy their own neighborhoods.

So you admit that January 6 was at least in part violent?

Yes, some percentage of the people there were rioting. I just don't buy the idea that there was some existential threat to our Republic because those people got unruly. I also think that quite a few people who didn't do much more than walk into the building were railroaded as well. There is a dislike for Trump and his supporters that underpinned the severity of some of the punishments IMO.

People broke down a gate around the White House just last week mostly peaceful protesting. Frankly, whenever people get out of hand like that I would like to see an overwhelming response to get them back in line. Carry a sign and yell all you want, start breaking stuff and get the water cannon. My disappointment with the whole thing is that the Anarchist and/or Leftist goobers that do this stuff tend to get more hands off treatment (at least from my POV).

I will never defend the morons who invaded the Capitol building, but your description of what occurred seems a bit off to me.

Look at these sophisticates. Did they plan the mutiny or were they just invited by the sophisticated planners? Are they asking directions to the House floor here? Was that part of their sophisticated plan?

qanon-shaman-jan-6.jpg
I mean if you call Trump non-sophisticated, then I agree. I don't think that baboon in horns you're portraying as the planner had any planning other than marching to the orders of his great leader. But, if you would like to modify the narrative as such, by all means.

I was (wrongly, in retrospect) cool with the BLM riots, especially when they focused on the police stations or government buildings they had issues with. Targeting under-insured businesses and opportunistic looting...typical message muddling by the usual demo...wiped away the effect of the cause and message.

People got to voice their complaints with other supporters, but even more important, the "oh well" attitude of the local jurisdictions to a crowd of people not social-distancing basically proved that the whole Covid shutdown was a political play. I was laughing at the "yes, but make sure to wear a mask when you riot, for public safety and stuff." No one would continue to believe the ruse after the June riots with no resultant "mass Covid deaths".

Protest. Whatever. Get it over with, and also prove that masses of people together isn't a public health crisis. No one will die to to "Riot Covid". Life will go back to normal. The public will be smart enough to see this, and the Covid nonsense will peter out due to the statistical analysis of "lack of death caused by BLM riots".

Nope. The dupe continues to this day.
Were you coherent when you wrote this drivel?

Meh, mostly peaceful.

They weren't in the right but I refuse to buy into the narrative around that day when the same people pushing that narrative stood in front of burning buildings the summer before and told me I was witnessing a mostly peaceful protest.

They weren't in the right but next to no one was trying to violently overthrow the government that day. No one will ever convince me it was anything more than a political protest that turned into an impromptu riot.
"No one will ever convince me it was anything more than a political protest that turned into an impromptu riot."

Impromptu? Maybe for some who got swept up in the malestrom.. But there were definitely instigators,and in the case of Reffitt, he was armed and had an agenda...

"No one will ever convince me it was anything more than a political protest that turned into an impromptu riot."

Impromptu? Maybe for some who got swept up in the malestrom.. But there were definitely instigators,and in the case of Reffitt, he was armed and had an agenda...

Some? Try most. There were thousands of people there that day. Most didn't enter Congress. Of those that did, the overwhelming majority were just caught up in the crowd. How do we know this? It is all on tape.

In the past I would think the response to that is "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" The reason you aren't seeing too many on the right freak out to the degree you would prefer about Jan. 6, 2021 is because the Summer of 2020 occurred right before it. And November of 2016. And January of 2017. We complained about that and got, "Well if somebody did something they should be in trouble but it is mostly just a protest. There were thousands there not doing anything wrong..." Yep. Same here.

I mean if you call Trump non-sophisticated, then I agree. I don't think that baboon in horns you're portraying as the planner had any planning other than marching to the orders of his great leader. But, if you would like to modify the narrative as such, by all means.

They were doing Trump's bidding. He told them to go to the Capitol, that he'd be right there with them, and that they had to fight or they wouldn't have a country left.

He then told them that Pence didn't have the courage to do the right thing, as they were breaching the perimeter.

He controlled them and he knew it. The proof is simple enough: when he told them to stand down, and only after he told them to stand down, they stopped fighting and dispersed.

They were doing Trump's bidding. He told them to go to the Capitol, that he'd be right there with them, and that they had to fight or they wouldn't have a country left.

He then told them that Pence didn't have the courage to do the right thing, as they were breaching the perimeter.

He controlled them and he knew it. The proof is simple enough: when he told them to stand down, and only after he told them to stand down, they stopped fighting and dispersed.
But the summer of love…but woke…but liberals…but the squad…but BLM…but Biden’s age…

Does anyone know if they’ve finished rebuilding Portland? I heard it was burned to the ground.

Everyone with a TV and/or the internet saw what happened that day. Everyone knew that it fvcking awful. Republican leadership including McConnell, McCarthy and Lindsey Graham all said it was fvcking awful.

But then, two weeks later, McCarthy paid a visit to Trump at Mar-A-Lago and everything changed. Revisionist history began. Come on, people, it wasn't that big of a deal. False equivalencies began. What about The Summer of Love. What a complete crock of hypocritical shit.

The Jan 6 riot was designed and intended to disrupt the certification of the election that Biden won. It was designed and intended to impede and/or prevent the transfer of presidential power. It was fvcking awful. And the mob boss who promoted it is unfit for the presidency.

"Imagine the most traumatic, or a traumatic event in your life, that reaches the level of attention that January 6 garnered. I mean, it was an international story. And spending three years trying to convince people that it actually f*cking happened.” -Officer Michael Fanone

I do not think Trump very sophisticated, no. Nor did he plan on those people breaking into the Capitol.

It is time for the GOP to come home. We’ve had fun. Some good came out of these other primary campaigns. Pence got to say his piece. The V has established himself as a dynamic young voice in GOP politics for years to come. Ron…… I’m not sure what’s next for him. Haley will probably have a role in the Trump administration.

The Trump train is starting again in earnest. Picking up steam. There is plenty of room on board for those who are pure of heart.

Never underestimate American’s love for a come back story.

It is time for the GOP to come home. We’ve had fun. Some good came out of these other primary campaigns. Pence got to say his piece. The V has established himself as a dynamic young voice in GOP politics for years to come. Ron…… I’m not sure what’s next for him. Haley will probably have a role in the Trump administration.

The Trump train is starting again in earnest. Picking up steam. There is plenty of room on board for those who are pure of heart.

Traitor trump

Reactions: YOTHN

Yeah, Donald’s always surrounding himself with the pure of heart.

Pete Davidson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

trump can plausibly deny intent and might skate around going to prison for J-6. But he watched the mayhem for three hours and didn't lift a finger to stop it. For that along with the fake electors, the pressure campaign and all the other bullshit since the election: his head should be walked through Congress everyday on a pike.

To much?

Reactions: zeke4ahs
trump can plausibly deny intent and might skate around going to prison for J-6. But he watched the mayhem for three hours and didn't lift a finger to stop it. For that along with the fake electors, the pressure campaign and all the other bullshit since the election: his head should be walked through Congress everyday on a pike.

To much?
Replace head on a pike with shouldn’t hold office again and I’m with you.

I do not think Trump very sophisticated, no. Nor did he plan on those people breaking into the Capitol.

He envisioned himself leading his people into the Capitol and demanding that the proceedings stop. When the Secret Service kept him from going up there with the mob he was content to let them rampage on their own while he encouraged them via Twitter.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
He envisioned himself leading his people into the Capitol and demanding that the proceedings stop. When the Secret Service kept him from going up there with the mob he was content to let them rampage on their own while he encouraged them via Twitter.
I’m open to evidence. I’m not an expert. Are you inferring this or is there evidence of Trump’s vision?

I’m open to evidence. I’m not an expert. Are you inferring this or is there evidence of Trump’s vision?
Cassidy Hutchison testified to him wanting to go to the Capitol. What do you think he had in mind?

Others have made the same claim. I don't know how much they can back it up.

Good retort. You can't respond to him?
What’s the point in trying? His mind is made up and so is mine. He’s much more intelligent and educated so he must be right and I am wrong.

Why don’t you think he thought they might do that?
Because it was too unpredictable. Because I listened to the worst parts of his rally speech and it didn’t sound much different than a normal Trump rally speech with no direction or even serious implication to break in. Because I haven’t seen a single written piece of evidence where he planned for that to happen or even wanted it at the time.

I don’t think that absolves him of all responsibility, though. I just don’t think he was trying to start an insurrection on J6.

Because it was too unpredictable. Because I listened to the worst parts of his rally speech and it didn’t sound much different than a normal Trump rally speech with no direction or even serious implication to break in. Because I haven’t seen a single written piece of evidence where he planned for that to happen or even wanted it at the time.

I don’t think that absolves him of all responsibility, though. I just don’t think he was trying to start an insurrection on J6.
Exactly

Are you saying the only evidence that would be viable is if he literally states, "go break into the capital building!" and any other words except those in that order is meaningless? That is wild.

He created a rally called, "Save America" to "gather on my (his) behalf" to "fight like hell" for democracy and then tweeted, "We won the Presidential Election, by a lot. FIGHT FOR IT. Don't let them take it away."

On 1/3 he retweeted someone saying, "on the 6th, i recommend wearing a body camera. The more video angles of that day, the better."

At the rally he literally told his supporters to walk down to the Capital and instantly proclaimed "you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong." What could that possibly be alluding to? He also made those statements after Rudy G had just said, "Let's have trial by combat!" lol

Taking out the absolute nonsense of voter fraud impacting the election in any way to begin with (often there was more fraud found in favor of Trump than Biden anyways, but I digress), we can't sit here and be so naive as to pretend we don't understand exactly what Trumps intentions were. He laid those out for us. He also didn't attempt to stop it when he knew what was transpiring because again, it was what he truly wanted to happen.

Are you saying the only evidence that would be viable is if he literally states, "go break into the capital building!" and any other words except those in that order is meaningless? That is wild.

He created a rally called, "Save America" to "gather on my (his) behalf" to "fight like hell" for democracy and then tweeted, "We won the Presidential Election, by a lot. FIGHT FOR IT. Don't let them take it away."

On 1/3 he retweeted someone saying, "on the 6th, i recommend wearing a body camera. The more video angles of that day, the better."

At the rally he literally told his supporters to walk down to the Capital and instantly proclaimed "you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong." What could that possibly be alluding to? He also made those statements after Rudy G had just said, "Let's have trial by combat!" lol

Taking out the absolute nonsense of voter fraud impacting the election in any way to begin with (often there was more fraud found in favor of Trump than Biden anyways, but I digress), we can't sit here and be so naive as to pretend we don't understand exactly what Trumps intentions were. He laid those out for us. He also didn't attempt to stop it when he knew what was transpiring because again, it was what he truly wanted to happen.
It seems like you believe Trump is guilty of inciting an insurrection or perhaps treason?

At some point you have to stop giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I did with Trump early on, and last night with Xavier Johnson.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania and YOTHN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT