ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation . . .

You know, the companies who sell us all our shit aren’t stupid. They now know what prices we’re willing to pay. Why bring prices down?
So true. A lot of companies just raise their price because others are raising prices

Could be. We didn’t go to WDW. I was just commenting on the 65% airplane capacity claim. Maybe everyone was going to Alligator World.
I've not been on a plane in ages that is not about 100% full. I've been on a couple where there was one or two empty seats.

as long as one of them isn't Trump.
And as long as they have a D beside their name. 🤣 🤣

Reactions: All4You
Both of our flights to Florida and back were maybe 65% full. People don’t seem to be fully back.
I have flown about 11 round trips this year, by my count, all beginning and ending in Florida. I can certainly count on my fingers (likely on just one hand) the total number of empty seats on the 25+ flights, combined (a few trips had layovers).

More often, people on standby were turned way and I turned down offers to be bumped for credits to take later flights. United, Delta, JetBlue, Spirit, and Hawaiian Airlines are the ones I have flown on this year. 99+% full.

Maybe flying to/from Indiana is different. I have gone from Ft. Lauderdale/Miami/West Palm to/from Atlanta, Boston, DC, New York, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, and Honolulu.

I have flown about 11 round trips this year, by my count, all beginning and ending in Florida. I can certainly count on my fingers (likely on just one hand) the total number of empty seats on the 25+ flights, combined (a few trips had layovers).

More often, people on standby were turned way and I turned down offers to be bumped for credits to take later flights. United, Delta, JetBlue, Spirit, and Hawaiian Airlines are the ones I have flown on this year. 99+% full.

Maybe flying to/from Indiana is different. I have gone from Ft. Lauderdale/Miami/West Palm to/from Atlanta, Boston, DC, New York, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, and Honolulu.
You turn down wonderful offers to take a later flight, just so others in extreme need who are less privlidged than you, can't get to their love ones in a time of need? You make me sick. 1%'er.

Like I said, I don’t know. 🤷🏼‍♂️ This was Southwest with the kiddos. Southwest seems to be the family airline. Just my experience last week.

Like I said, I don’t know. 🤷🏼‍♂️ This was Southwest with the kiddos. Southwest seems to be the family airline. Just my experience last week.
Southwest has had major problems in recent months. They also jack up their prices as tickets sell and planes fill up, preventing reaching capacity.

Running less flights means more crowded flights for the ones that are running.

My reply was one of surprise at a poster saying he had seen Florida flights only 65% full. I found that hard, but not impossible, to believe. It had nothing to do with how it was paid for. Your response to OS only backs my post…less flights would tend to make existing ones more crowded.
Thank you.
Sorry, it was an inflation thread kind of talking about the economy. The links were just showing that there are other answers out there for things that may not follow conventional wisdom.

Sorry, it was an inflation thread kind of talking about the economy. The links were just showing that there are other answers out there for things that may not follow conventional wisdom.

Speaking of conventional wisdom.

Some 60 years ago I was taught prolonged budget and trade deficits were harmful. As time went on, we just sorta got used to them.

Was conventional wisdom wrong or have we just been lucky, or what ?

Reactions: UncleMark

Some 60 years ago I was taught prolonged budget and trade deficits were harmful. As time went on, we just sorta got used to them.

It is like this, a millionaire can stand to be negligent with their money for a longer period of time than someone living check to check but eventually the bad decisions will make an impact to everyone.

I’d argue they have been harmful. The disappearance of the middle class, destruction of families, growing wealth inequality, unaffordable housing, rising tuition costs have been because of sh#t money, deficits, and etc. The issue with your claim (and my claim) is we don’t have a simulation to compare to where the past 60 years had sound money.

Last edited:

Was conventional wisdom wrong or have we just been lucky
Inflation is almost at 3% now.

Damn Mark, doubted your post and was going to request a link as was feeling lazy.

Googled current rate and found it to be 3.18% with last month being 2.71%.

Mark, hats off to you sir.

Last edited:
12 mo inflation rates
Jun 2022
July 2022
Aug
Sept
Oct
Nov
Dec
Jan 2023
Feb