ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation declined to 4.9% in April . . .

The point was about productivity and wages. Wages are behind because capital took all the productivity gains.

But my point was that, according to BLS data, that is a more recent phenomenon - at least of statistical significance. I agree the long-term trend has been all about productivity, mostly enabled by technology gains, but over the past decade or so, they tracked much closer together.

But my point was that, according to BLS data, that is a more recent phenomenon - at least of statistical significance. I agree the long-term trend has been all about productivity, mostly enabled by technology gains, but over the past decade or so, they tracked much closer together.
I took your earlier post to conflate earnings and productivity. That's how much little I know.

I’ll add a data point to your argument then. Go f#ck yourself 😂

wanna-go.gif

Again I don’t think that’s the issue. To me it’s the floor becoming too high for too large a percentage of the country to meet.

The floor? You don't care about the floor. All you care about is the 50K cars and the 400K houses and the 2K childcare. You need to go find a trailer park and talk to some people about "floors".

The floor? You don't care about the floor. All you care about is the 50K cars and the 400K houses and the 2K childcare. You need to go find a trailer park and talk to some people about "floors".
I think y'all might be in violent agreement.

Not true in the least. None of this really impacts my life. I couldn’t afford a boat before and still can’t. My point is that high inflation is worse for the country than a couple points on unemployment. That’s my opinion and take. I have no idea if it’s accurate

Not necessarily shittier. Too many refuse to be satisfied with what they have. That's been the key to my contentment.

There’s probably some middle ground here. Historically, high inflation impacts the poor more than wealthy or middle class because they frequently are spending their entire income. If that income can get less, they may not be able to eat as much (probably not a bad thing for most), eat as healthy, swing Disney on Ice, etc.

But you are dead on snot materialism and stuff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT