ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Crime Report Ouy Today

This is the problem. Whites too afraid to go into a “crime ridden city”? Ffs, any of you bumpkins ever actually lived in a big city? Not an Indy suburb. IN a BIG city. Chicago. New York. Atlanta. You guys have no clue. It’s not dangerous. You have to not be an idiot and not be drunk alone at 2:00 am on a train. But it’s safe. You guys have no clue. Your view of the world is as big as a snow globe.
And for the record my response was tongue in cheek sarcasm to sobester's idiotic reasoning for blue cities crime rates in red states. But that flew over your head.

That's the socio part of the socioeconomic puzzle that needs to be solved.

Shit school systems, single moms with no father in the picture, bleak outlook, etc...
I have a much better idea. Stop focusing on the bottom 5-10% of society. Instead of creating policy that caters to them, develop policy that caters to the middle class, businesses, and entrepreneurs. The only way to help the bottom end of society is to continually being innovating. That happens through low taxes, less regulations, and small government.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Fingers what happened to him, permanent ?
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

I have a much better idea. Stop focusing on the bottom 5-10% of society. Instead of creating policy that caters to them, develop policy that caters to the middle class, businesses, and entrepreneurs. The only way to help the bottom end of society is to continually being innovating. That happens through low taxes, less regulations, and small government.
That focus is what got us in this spot. Perverse incentives for being a single mom. Uncle sugar pays single moms and makes sure dad doesn't come around by cutting off the money if he does.

Reactions: Spartans9312
That's the socio part of the socioeconomic puzzle that needs to be solved.

Shit school systems, single moms with no father in the picture, bleak outlook, etc...

Much of that isn’t significantly different than WV though, is it? So what’s the deal with the disproportionate violence?

Reactions: stollcpa
Your problem
Isn’t with cities, it’s with black people. I get the feeling you had a really bad experience with a black person. And if so, I’m sorry that happened. I don’t get the feeling you’re a bad guy, just reeling from that experience. Maybe I’m wrong

Chicago is a different story. He grew up racist and bigoted and never made an effort to examine the people in his circle or make any effort to enlighten himself whatsoever.

What you are describing is not a racial problem, but a cultural one.

Reactions: stollcpa
Much of that isn’t significantly different than WV though, is it? So what’s the deal with the disproportionate violence?
I don't know how WV compares to an Urban area in the metrics that matter. We are comparing a entire state to a portion of a city though.

I don't know how WV compares to an Urban area in the metrics that matter. We are comparing an entire state to a portion of a city though.
140,000 blacks in stl city will murder more people than the 2 million people in wv. And I get the congestion but this isn’t Cabrini-green. Projects moved away from that to low slung construction

So use per capita metrics.
I'm confused. I've never made WV vs. StL a thing. Why am I being asked to compare the two?

If you think it's because blacks are bad, then say it. I think it's socioeconomic and can be pointed back to the 60s with all the legislation that created a ton of unintended consequences.

I'm confused. I've never made WV vs. StL a thing. Why am I being asked to compare the two?

If you think it's because blacks are bad, then say it. I think it's socioeconomic and can be pointed back to the 60s with all the legislation that created a ton of unintended consequences.
I think the social element is unique to black culture. No different than the million tik tok videos of blacks behaving badly at Walmart. Flash mobs etc. Gang prevalence. If you back out black males we don’t have a homicide problem in this country. Black incarceration rate is 5x that of whites. 1-80 blacks are in prison. Think of the percent convicted not in jail.

I think the social element is unique to black culture. No different than the million tik tok videos of blacks behaving badly at Walmart. Flash mobs etc. Gang prevalence. If you back out black males we don’t have a homicide problem in this country
And I don't disagree that there are way too many young black men killing other young blacks. I'm saying that it's the result of bad policy in the 60's that led to the decline of families, not because of the color of their skin like it was destined to happen regardless. If you could travel back in time and take the shitty .gov programs out of the picture, I argue that we wouldn't be where we are today. We can argue that it might be a different set of problems, but I don't think it's this set of problems.

Reactions: Spartans9312
And I don't disagree that there are way too many young black men killing other young blacks. I'm saying that it's the result of bad policy in the 60's that led to the decline of families, not because of the color of their skin like it was destined to happen regardless. If you could travel back in time and take the shitty .gov programs out of the picture, I argue that we wouldn't be where we are today. We can argue that it might be a different set of problems, but I don't think it's this set of problems.
I think that’s part of it. I think Dems are enablers. I think there is still racism out there that fosters anger. I think that slavery and the inability to enjoy the benefits of inter generational wealth screwed blacks and it takes a long time to recover and I think a culture of zero accountability and personal responsibility exists. And I think gang culture was celebrated in music etc. it’s a replacement for family but it’s also cool

They are too high on meth and heroin in WV to commit violent crimes. I'm not kidding. It's a serious problem there.

I haven't looked but what is the petty theft rate in places like WV? I'll try and find the article I read recently but it basically showed that bigger crimes happen in bigger cities. But the crime rate in rural Appalachia is just as high. The crimes are more in the burglary realm though.

I follow the Hodge Twins, a couple of brothers who are black and conservative. They grew up in Virginia and their father died when they were teens. Keith and Kevin made an interesting point. A lot of the kids they knew growing up grew up without fathers in the home went to jail. They said their father worked hard, but they knew not to mess with him. So these men believe having a father for even a short time on the Earth was advantageous to them. I think that is a huge problem in any community who has a lot of fatherless homes and it doesn't matter what color they are.

Naperville is a fine place. Especially to raise a family. However everyone there says they live in Chicago. All the Illinois burbs people do. And that is annoying.
When I moved up to Metro Detroit, I told people in Indiana I was moving to Oakland County Michigan instead of the Detroit area. I told people up there I was moving from Indianapolis instead of just saying Indiana.

"Cause it ain't where you're from, it's where you're at." - Erik B & Rakim

What you are describing is not a racial problem, but a cultural one.

JDB, you bringing up race and culture made me stop, think, and research about what is meant by race and culture.

For example is race something you are born with as in heredity. Are Blacks more prone to become criminals from birth.

Is culture then about the environment and family into which you were raised? Does culture then determine the likelihood of becoming a criminal.?

Is a Black male born and raised on the South side of Chicago more likely to end up in jail than a Black son of a college professor born and raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan?

Finally, why would the combination of heredity and environment be any different as factors in determining whether a Black or White becomes a criminal ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT