ADVERTISEMENT

Crime is up

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
At least that is the narrative. It appears 2023 has crime down, way down in some areas.

Murder is down 12.7 percent in our YTD murder dashboard as of this writing (December 7th) with a decline in 73 percent of the more than 175 cities with available data. The sample suggests either the largest or one of the largest national declines in murder on record occurred this year (both in terms of percent and absolute decline)​
Detroit is on pace to have the fewest murders since 1966 and Baltimore and St Louis are on pace for the fewest murders in each city in nearly a decade. Other cities that saw huge increases in murder between 2020 and 2022 like Milwaukee, New Orleans, and Houston are seeing sizable declines in 2023.​
Murder is down 13.4 percent in cities under 100,000 with data in the sample and it’s down 12.6 percent in cities with 250,000 or more.​
The crime trend nationally is incredibly positive — unless you own a Kia or Hyundai.​

• Percent Change In Crime Through Q3, 2022 vs 2023 (Source: FBI).​

At least that is the narrative. It appears 2023 has crime down, way down in some areas.

Murder is down 12.7 percent in our YTD murder dashboard as of this writing (December 7th) with a decline in 73 percent of the more than 175 cities with available data. The sample suggests either the largest or one of the largest national declines in murder on record occurred this year (both in terms of percent and absolute decline)​
Detroit is on pace to have the fewest murders since 1966 and Baltimore and St Louis are on pace for the fewest murders in each city in nearly a decade. Other cities that saw huge increases in murder between 2020 and 2022 like Milwaukee, New Orleans, and Houston are seeing sizable declines in 2023.​
Murder is down 13.4 percent in cities under 100,000 with data in the sample and it’s down 12.6 percent in cities with 250,000 or more.​
The crime trend nationally is incredibly positive — unless you own a Kia or Hyundai.​

Fund the police. Removal of progressive soros DAs. All of the things that came in with the progressives have been dumped and things are improving.

Replaced the soros DA. Pick any progressive policy. Reverse or unwind it and things will improve

Replaced the soros DA. Pick any progressive policy. Reverse or unwind it and things will improve

Good to see you supporting someone who leans left. Looks more like a broadening of diversion programs and increasing the workload for the attorneys (not sure if they hired more in the process), increasing the cases they handle and bypassing the queue for now vs. any progressive policy switch or police funding.

Good to see you supporting someone who leans left. Looks more like a broadening of diversion programs and increasing the workload for the attorneys (not sure if they hired more in the process), increasing the cases they handle and bypassing the queue for now vs. any progressive policy switch or police funding.
Oh no. There’s no chance for someone right. They hired a bunch of attorneys after a mass exodus from the soros backed DA. Left vs radical left. Trying to replace cori bush with a left rep. 75 years of leaking left have destroyed the city. Good to see you wading into another area you know nothing about

This is the soros backed progressive DA

Oh no. There’s no chance for someone right. They hired a bunch of attorneys after a mass exodus from the soros backed DA. Left vs radical left. Trying to replace cori bush with a left rep. 75 years of leaking left have destroyed the city. Good to see you wading into another area you know nothing about
Keeping up with you.

Simply relaying what I read in the article you posted. Seems like a good idea to actually charge people who commit crimes. For that you lash out. LOL

Wait, am I the criminal though?

Give me a sec on this one...

How smooth are you?

fsLgPPct2SIVO.gif

Lesson for future pols: Allow or drive up key metrics at beginning of terms (gas, inflation, crime, etc) & Dems will laud you as successful if you show improvement going into next election even if you are worse than when you took office…
After your policies have been reversed or blocked from going forward

Lesson for future pols: Allow or drive up key metrics at beginning of terms (gas, inflation, crime, etc) & Dems will laud you as successful if you show improvement going into next election even if you are worse than when you took office…
You could have just said you didn't read the article.

Murder, for example, is almost back to 2019. It is below 2020. Who was president in 2020?

What was the national trends for these from 2017 until now? When were the high and low points.

Well, if you've seen some of the dudes that show up on Sunday for league......you might have a different opinion.
You wouldn't step to the side of where your disc landed instead of behind it, would you, to get a better angle around that tree up ahead?

• Love
Reactions: larsIU
You could have just said you didn't read the article.

Murder, for example, is almost back to 2019. It is below 2020. Who was president in 2020?
“Almost”. Trump sucked. Joe sucks worse. But I’m not gonna get too excited because things that got worse for years are now getting better…you go right ahead.

“Almost”. Trump sucked. Joe sucks worse. But I’m not gonna get too excited because things that got worse for years are now getting better…you go right ahead.
I will always take improvement. Sorry you don't want improvement

I will always take improvement. Sorry you don't want improvement
I don’t want improvement, huh? What a dumb statement. I just want improvement without having to get worse to see it. You seem like a very nice man. The type that thanks the person that knocked them out for helping him up afterwards. Good on you…

Reactions: Spartans9312
Well, if you've seen some of the dudes that show up on Sunday for league......you might have a different opinion.
All the chromed-out Honda minivans provides notice you have to watch your step.

A retired Louisville Policeman once explained what he called good killing. He was jaded after years on the force but explained when bad guys get into a fire fight the loser never fires a gun again. Maybe a bunch of bad guys over the last few years knocked enough of their peers off to push the downturn. The stats are good news.

Reactions: DANC
I don’t want improvement, huh? What a dumb statement. I just want improvement without having to get worse to see it. You seem like a very nice man. The type that thanks the person that knocked them out for helping him up afterwards. Good on you…
Things got worse in 20 and 21. Things are better than those times.

So many conservatives sound angry, horribly angry, 24x7. "Dammit, I have to breathe again, I hate that" angry at everything. Loosen up, enjoy things when things get better. Our new football coach isn't going to win the national championship next year. You can bitch about that, if he gets us to a bowl, or even close to a bowl, I will be happy for the progress.

It's a big world. Bad shit happens. Go live in a bunker if you cannot read the news without hand wringing or thinking you're next.

Fact is crime heading back to all time lows. Crime is waaaay down compared to times you probably think we're better. What is different now is access to information. Ignorance is bliss.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
It's a big world. Bad shit happens. Go live in a bunker if you cannot read the news without hand wringing or thinking you're next.

Fact is crime heading back to all time lows. Crime is waaaay down compared to times you probably think we're better. What is different now is access to information. Ignorance is bliss.
What did we do to cause the precipitous reduction in crime? Are we still doing that?

So many conservatives sound angry, horribly angry, 24x7. "Dammit, I have to breathe again, I hate that" angry at everything. Loosen up, enjoy things when things get better. Our new football coach isn't going to win the national championship next year. You can bitch about that, if he gets us to a bowl, or even close to a bowl, I will be happy for the progress.
It’s in spite of Dems and the frustration is they don’t learn. They elect soros backed DAs who trash cities and attack cops so they leave in unprecedented numbers. Then when state’s step in like here they are oblivious.

Hell we had a murder in my hood thanks to the bail project. Guy got right out and killed someone. I don’t give Dems an ounce of credit and it’s simply dangerous to re-elect Biden.

What we are seeing is the reverse of progressive Dem policies along with distancing ourselves from the mental health insanity of Covid. Property and car jackings are up. Bc people are broke. All of this is predictable

Reactions: Spartans9312

Go do some research on who is generally happier Marv. The conservatives on the board seem angrier to you because they are primarily interacting with extremist, radical liberals in a hostile, suppressive environment.

None of the data back you on this. Studies show conservatives are happier, less likely to suffer from anxiety and depression, and more generous than liberals. It’s a privilege to be conservative.

None of the data back you on this. Studies show conservatives are happier, less likely to suffer from anxiety and depression, and more generous than liberals. It’s a privilege to be conservative.
I know that, but read the board. You personally account for half the "the world is going to hell" posts on this board.

I know that, but read the board. You personally account for half the "the world is going to hell" posts on this board.
That might be true. I’ve posted a lot about unsustainable policies, which have not only redoubled under Biden, but are becoming chronic long term issues. If you think that is a sign of my anger, you need to think again.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT