ADVERTISEMENT

Hahaha. This is too good. Rudest people too

Yeah, there's no such thing as small town retail anymore.
Not here, but the tourists small towns, like Nashville, still support a lot of one of a kind shops. We spend time up in Michigan in the summer and all of the lake towns are filled with unique stores and restaurants. Good Michigan microbreweries, too.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Not here, but the tourists small towns, like Nashville, still support a lot of one of a kind shops. We spend time up in Michigan in the summer and all of the lake towns are filled with unique stores and restaurants. Good Michigan microbreweries, too.
Do you own property up there?

I'm talking about shoe stores and sporting goods stores and neighborhood grocery stores and the like. Not tourism stuff.

That's actually a passive water treatment system for the open storm sewer that empties into it from under 17th. It's a great example of good public works.

Miller-Showers-Park-Bloomington-Stormwater-Landscape-Arc_(3).jpg
Well I see you found the one good(ish), kind of, pic of that effin weed patch where some usable park space could actually be. And then you got most of the usual puss suspects to like it. What a waste of space and an eye sore.
If a good enjoyable park could be trans, This is it!

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
I'm not sold on the new one at Curry and Woodyard. Lots of big truck traffic through there.
Now that I only come to town about twice a year, just to get some colored ribbon and wifi, I was surprised to see that one. I thought it was well placed and big enough, but NOT one inch to big. I could see it being a little bigger for sure!
If it was an ellipse about and ran over that evil SOB's house just to the south and west of it, I'd donate $100k. And stop to piss on his previous house monthly.
not that I hold 20 year grudges.

Yes, there’s a big housing shortage for single family homes here, but a lot of that is due to investors buying up homes and renting them out, which means first-time home buyers are squeezed out with no available homes in their price range. That’s a national problem though, not just a Bloomington problem.

No, but it is has long been a college town problem. Twenty years ago there was a similar issue already underway in Bloomington, State College, etc.

WSJ Podcast said something like 1.6 million units were built last quarter, a fair number of which are single family. Because nobody is willing to move.

The local Monroe county residents I know seem to love the place.
(My brother in law is a native son of Bloomington South).
Bloomington may no longer have the small town charm it used to have:
37-bypass, I-69, and Big Box chains have seen to that.
I think it’s got a way to go to get as bad as SF.
Clicks, there are a lot of clicks. The urban and south/ south east crowd have always (30-40 yrs) been uppity'ish. It's like they enjoy being controlled and their safe words are MORE TAXES PLEASE. Those are not "real" indigenous Monroe county area residents.

Don't get me wrong, it's not totally San Fran, and one can have a nice dinner, but compared "the good old days" it's closer TO San Fran than it is NOT San Fran. It's all a perspective I suppose.

If you are not a student, or a cali transplant, or IU faculty, or an academic type, Bloomington sucks. If you are a "local" legacy Monroe county resident, Bloomington has slowly turned into San Fran or LA communism.
You are quite sheltered if you think Bloomington is as progressive as SF or LA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT