ADVERTISEMENT

Eclipse

Thought I would pass this along. I've seen many of the maps, but this one shows the time that each area will be in total darkness.

My kids schools are giving off anyone that doesn't want to go to school that day if they don't want their kids to partake in the solar eclipse festivities.

They are already planning a long weekend.

My kids schools are giving off anyone that doesn't want to go to school that day if they don't want their kids to partake in the solar eclipse festivities.

They are already planning a long weekend.
What a bunch of babies. Back in my day, the other moon crashed into the surface of the Earth, and we still had school.

Love this
square-1503342750-gettyimages-836311244mod.jpg

I went down to Paducah, Kentucky for the last one with my kids. The traffic on the way back was like something out of an apocalyptic movie. Ended up getting off the highway and staying the night in southern Illinois.

But it was cool as hell. As soon as the complete eclipse took place, the crickets started chirping like it was the dead of night. Temps noticeably fell ten degrees (?).

Ordinarily shit like this sounds lame as ****...that said...

Sounds like a good enough time as any to get the pool heated as a beta test for Masters weekend.

Bunch of Mom's for Liberty MILF's "rose'ing all day" in the pool waiting for the eclipse.

Keeping with the space theme, maybe work on my fingerblast for the Wheeler Walker show the next night.

I went down to Paducah, Kentucky for the last one with my kids. The traffic on the way back was like something out of an apocalyptic movie. Ended up getting off the highway and staying the night in southern Illinois.

But it was cool as hell. As soon as the complete eclipse took place, the crickets started chirping like it was the dead of night. Temps noticeably fell ten degrees (?).

We went to Cave-in-Rock State Park in far southern Illinois. Traffic out was a disaster. My Mazda had the alternator die in Carmi. The only mechanic at first said no way he could fix it as he couldn't get the part. So we called my daughter in Fishers to pick up my wife and dogs, who we brought. The only hotel in town didn't take dogs. Later he called and said it used a Ford part, he could do it. So we called my daughter back to tell her to stop. He later called to say his help left at 5, he couldn't get it done by himself. So we called the daughter again. Finally, just as a severe thunderstorm came up forcing us to evacuate our park bench, he called to say he could do it and it was ready. Called daughter again, who no longer believed anything I said. She had just made it to Evansville. The guy worked 2 hours late, so props to him.

I don't know how far it was from Cave-in-Rock to Carmi, maybe 50 miles, but it was bumper to bumper at 25-30 mph. But it was worth it. The experience was incredible.

My wife loves traveling with our dogs, and that made me reticent. What do people do when breaking down in the middle of nowhere with 2 large dogs?

OK, I'm thinking of driving over that Monday to somewhere around Kokomo.

Anyone live or grow up west/south-west of Kokomo? Looking for a quant little town around there with maybe a good comfort-food diner/restaurant to stop at (good pie a huge plus).

Backup plan: take the kids to 3UP to watch it.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
We went to Cave-in-Rock State Park in far southern Illinois. Traffic out was a disaster. My Mazda had the alternator die in Carmi. The only mechanic at first said no way he could fix it as he couldn't get the part. So we called my daughter in Fishers to pick up my wife and dogs, who we brought. The only hotel in town didn't take dogs. Later he called and said it used a Ford part, he could do it. So we called my daughter back to tell her to stop. He later called to say his help left at 5, he couldn't get it done by himself. So we called the daughter again. Finally, just as a severe thunderstorm came up forcing us to evacuate our park bench, he called to say he could do it and it was ready. Called daughter again, who no longer believed anything I said. She had just made it to Evansville. The guy worked 2 hours late, so props to him.

I don't know how far it was from Cave-in-Rock to Carmi, maybe 50 miles, but it was bumper to bumper at 25-30 mph. But it was worth it. The experience was incredible.

My wife loves traveling with our dogs, and that made me reticent. What do people do when breaking down in the middle of nowhere with 2 large dogs?
Hwy 1?

I just figured out my work shift for that day….it is going to be a nightmare

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT