ADVERTISEMENT

Harris Presidency Goals and Positions

I think her VP pick will be huge. Could be the difference, since Vance is stumbling out of the gate. I’ve seen rumors that Trump might even replace him with Haley. Awkward.

I think her VP pick will be huge. Could be the difference, since Vance is stumbling out of the gate. I’ve seen rumors that Trump might even replace him with Haley. Awkward.
I’m pretty sure she’s picking Mark Kelly from what I’m hearing out here from Swalwell’s people. Supposedly already a done deal, just waiting until sometime after she’s nominated to announce.

He’ll go after Trump and Vance with the credibility of the Naval pilot-combat veteran and astronaut, that he is. He was born and raised in New Jersey, so he can speak to the Pennsylvania voter with credibility as well.

He won the senate seat vacated by John McCain. It should be fun watching him speak to Trump, whether directly or not, about what constitutes an American hero.

If you’re asking if there’s a chance in hell that I’ll vote for Trump - no, there is no chance. He’s unfit, simple as that.
Aloha, everyone on this board knows you think Trump is unfit and you won’t vote for him. You post it nearly every day in every thread.

I’m just asking what you think beyond that. I don’t care who you vote for one iota, so no, I’m not asking that. This thread, I think, was intended to focus on policy.

I’m pretty sure she’s picking Mark Kelly from what I’m hearing out here from Swalwell’s people. Supposedly already a done deal, just waiting until sometime after she’s nominated to announce.

He’ll go after Trump and Vance with the credibility of the Naval pilot-combat veteran and astronaut, that he is. He was born and raised in New Jersey, so he can speak to the Pennsylvania voter with credibility as well.

He won the senate seat vacated by John McCain. It should be fun watching him speak to Trump, whether directly or not, about what constitutes an American hero.
He’s fascinating. Along with his twin. I watched a documentary on him going to space. He’d be a solid choice

Aloha, everyone on this board knows you think Trump is unfit and you won’t vote for him. You post it nearly every day in every thread.

I’m just asking what you think beyond that. I don’t care who you vote for one iota, so no, I’m not asking that. This thread, I think, was intended to focus on policy.
First, if everyone “knew” that, they’d stop being butt hurt about me not supporting him.

Second, someone has to link actual policies from both sides for a discussion and that hasn’t happened. We have positive and negative spins about what the policies are for each and I’m not interested in that.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
First, if everyone “knew” that, they’d stop being butt hurt about me not supporting him.

Second, someone has to link actual policies from both sides for a discussion and that hasn’t happened. We have positive and negative spins about what the policies are for each and I’m not interested in that.
Your first sentence is self-contradictory. People can't be "butt hurt about [you] not supporting him" if they don't "know" that you don't support him in the first place.

I didn't realize you didn't stay educated on policy positions (I don't do it enough either). I asked because I thought you did. My bad. Here you go:

Here's Trump's stated platform:

Here's a CNN take on Harris's likely positions:

A Politico article on how she might differ from Biden:

Reactions: jet812

Ummm I’m pretty sure you know, and can find trumps policies.
Just more obfuscation from you.
What Trump policies are so wrong, and way?

Your first sentence is self-contradictory. People can't be "butt hurt about [you] not supporting him" if they don't "know" that you don't support him in the first place.

I didn't realize you didn't stay educated on policy positions (I don't do it enough either). I asked because I thought you did. My bad. Here you go:

Here's Trump's stated platform:

Here's a CNN take on Harris's likely positions:

A Politico article on how she might differ from Biden:

Not as clear as I normally try to be for sure. Certain people that know I’m a Republican AND know I think Trump is unfit for office can’t get past it.

Thanks for the policy links.

Bad clip for conservatives to show, because most people would find her to be funny, engaging, and a real person.
She’d be much better off acting like this than the failed attempts to sound like an intellectual or statesman. The stilted approach falls short. This was good

Reactions: BradStevens
It’s like fingernails on a chalkboard listening to DJT speak. Don’t care for Harris’ voice either but it’s definitely not more irritating than listening to DJT.

I literally cannot stand listening to Trump talk... Just a nonstop stream of incoherent ramblings. If you had any other elderly man babbling at you like that, you'd nod and look for the nearest clean break to get away from him.

Thanks, Sparty. Thompson is a very interesting and insightful writer.

One big thing to note is how those numbers are splitting along party lines when the conversation we've been having is along candidate lines. In a thread where Aloha is playing such a large role, that's a telling difference.

I do think the battle is going to be waged around married suburban women (along with overall turnout). Harris has to make a very strong VP pick (I'm interested in the names getting the most play), have a strong convention, and goad Trump into debating. The debate thing is a big issue for Trump. Can't be seen as scared to debate, but losing a debate (especially if it is the only one) to Harris could be devastating for him. Which choice is the bigger risk?

She’s extremely unlikable. If they run her out there too much, people will be turned off by her personality. She’s also as dumb as a box of rocks. She’s at her high point right now. She should only do worse the more people get to see who she is.
you guys are wrong go ahead and vote for your racist, convicted, and fascist trump.

Bad clip for conservatives to show, because most people would find her to be funny, engaging, and a real person.
It's from an account called "Republicans Against Trump." I know people have issues with her laugh, but if that's the worst thing people can say about her, then I'll gladly vote for her. There was nothing wrong with the story she told - but apparently she laughs too much for the MAGA crowd.

Maybe she should have made up a story about how her in-laws told her, with tears in their eyes, that they knew she'd become the single greatest president this country has ever seen and that she'll make everything perfect. The MAGA crowd is used to swallowing hyperbolic lies over the last decade or so, so maybe this would have made her more relatable to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT