ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's speech...

I don't know what he's comparing black and Hispanic support to, and I'm not sure about the House races, but it is true that Biden lost traditional bellwether counties and states. The answer to that is simple:

Bellwether is something a district gets after the fact. It means that a particular area has been predictive of results in the past. It doesn't mean there is anything inherent about that area that should lead anyone to think it will continue to be predictive in the future. Bellwethers change. A few decades ago, it was really, really important who won Ohio. Ohio doesn't mean as much now. Virginia and Nevada are much more telling.

Basically, states/counties/districts/etc. that have a partisan makeup that falls roughly along the same area as the potential tipping-point state in the EC are going to be bellwethers. As demographics change, so will those bellwethers.

Biden really flipped the script

Obama 2012Biden 2020
60 million votes81 million
873 counties509 counties
18/19 Bellweather Counties1/19 Bellweather Counties
Won FL, OH, IALost FL, OH, IA
Won House SeatsLost House Seats

Are you saying that Biden crushing Obama in the results shown above can be explained by VA and NV, which Clinton won in 2016 only to lose the race?

Or in other words, if you had to place a bet now, would you expect the 2024 winner to look like Obama's 2012 results, even losing NV and VA (results aligned to 2016), or would you expect the winner's results to look like Biden's in the table above if the candidate wins NV and VA?

The comment on the black vote is maybe referring to Obama taking 97% of the black vote, while Biden got 90%. However, Biden gleaned more total black votes than Obama. The reason here is straightforward, turnout.

Reputable main stream media fact-checkers have affirmed that more black voters turned out to vote for Biden in 2020 than Obama in 2012, and more importantly, exactly in the places he needed the votes the most Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee, and the votes were by mail, leading to one of the greatest comebacks of all time. Why would anyone expect Obama to be a bigger ballot box attraction than Biden?

Any insights on what the 2020 census shows in growth/decline vs 2010 in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee? Wouldn't be something if the populations in those places declined and yet the total voter turnout massively increased?

Another question would be what are the dynamics in party registration, specifically the % of registered democrats in MI, GA, PA, and WI from 2012 to 2020? Wouldn't it be really something if the GOP outpaced the Dems in registration % and total new registrations over that time period, yet somehow Biden managed to connect to that base and pull them into his camp at a greater rate than Obama - a president that had large crossover appeal?

So we are clear on the topic, this Biden vs Obama. I made no mention of the 2020 GOP candidate in my post. Feel free to ignore me (which would probably be a wise move because you can't win this one), but if you take the challenge and actually try to defend your analysis, I expect you will make no mention of him in your response.

As you said, Ohio mattered "decades ago". To go back approximately a single decade, I have to go to either 2012 or 2008, I picked 2012, but we can go with 2008 if it better explains your point. Feel free to post that table in a similar format as above, and please show your math.

On another vector of thought, Obama was really holding Joe Biden back for 8 years. In looking at the numbers, one can only imagine the extent to which they would have crushed it if only they had the ticket the other way around with Obama as the VP.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DANC and dbmhoosier

Obama 2012Biden 2020
873 counties509 counties

Are you saying that Biden crushing Obama in the results shown above can be explained by VA and NV, which Clinton won in 2016 only to lose the race?

Or in other words, if you had to place a bet now, would you expect the 2024 winner to look like Obama's 2012 results, even losing NV and VA (results aligned to 2016), or would you expect the winner's results to look like Biden's in the table above if the candidate wins NV and VA?

The comment on the black vote is maybe referring to Obama taking 97% of the black vote, while Biden got 90%. However, Biden gleaned more total black votes than Obama. The reason here is straightforward, turnout.

Reputable main stream media fact-checkers have affirmed that more black voters turned out to vote for Biden in 2020 than Obama in 2012, and more importantly, exactly in the places he needed the votes the most Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee, and the votes were by mail, leading to one of the greatest comebacks of all time. Why would anyone expect Obama to be a bigger ballot box attraction than Biden?

Any insights on what the 2020 census shows in growth/decline vs 2010 in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee? Wouldn't be something if the populations in those places declined and yet the total voter turnout massively increased?

Another question would be what are the dynamics in party registration, specifically the % of registered democrats in MI, GA, PA, and WI from 2012 to 2020? Wouldn't it be really something if the GOP outpaced the Dems in registration % and total new registrations over that time period, yet somehow Biden managed to connect to that base and pull them into his camp at a greater rate than Obama - a president that had large crossover appeal?

So we are clear on the topic, this Biden vs Obama. I made no mention of the 2020 GOP candidate in my post. Feel free to ignore me (which would probably be a wise move because you can't win this one), but if you take the challenge and actually try to defend your analysis, I expect you will make no mention of him in your response.

As you said, Ohio mattered "decades ago". To go back approximately a single decade, I have to go to either 2012 or 2008, I picked 2012, but we can go with 2008 if it better explains your point. Feel free to post that table in a similar format as above, and please show your math.

On another vector of thought, Obama was really holding Joe Biden back for 8 years. In looking at the numbers, one can only imagine the extent to which they would have crushed it if only they had the ticket the other way around with Obama as the VP.
Hey dude... you know that beach in that image you are using?

Making those who believe the election was stolen from Trump look extremely stupid.
Biden was in a tough spot. It is an extremely fine line between an important historical speech about an important historical event and an early campaign speech.

i think he did ok. The extremes will do what they alsways do but that large unheard group in the middle generally appreciated it.

Kamala...not so much.

For once we agree. However, if you think Trump and Trumpism is the future of conservatism then we’re at a strong disagreement.
Populism.

Conservatives have not held significant power in the District of Columbia since Reagan.

Most people understand that President Trump never was and never will be Conservative, by any stretch.

The person is seldom the message.

Stupid libroid sheep cannot grasp that Trump is not his message...and that his message continues to resonate in the electorate.
I don't find anything wrong with shining light on the facts of the matter. I don't find anything wrong with noting the raid on the Capitol. It was a year ago. It wasn't like he simply admonished the believe. He spelled out some logic.

The key isn't that 'most of us know the election wasn't stolen', the key is there were people who actually believed it and still do.
So.
You think the 14,000 hours of videos which are being hidden from the light should be released to the public?

You think AG Garland should release to the public the reason Ray Epps was placed for weeks on the Most Wanted top twenty list by the FBI, then scrubbed from their record, as if he never existed.

You think the Federal officer who publicly shot Ashli Babbitt should face an investigation?

I have many more .....

Populism.

Conservatives have not held significant power in the District of Columbia since Reagan.

Most people understand that President Trump never was and never will be Conservative, by any stretch.

Stupid libroid sheep cannot grasp that Trump is not his message...and that his message continues to resonate in the electorate.

So.
You think the 14,000 hours of videos which are being hidden from the light should be released to the public?

You think AG Garland should release to the public the reason Ray Epps was placed for weeks on the Most Wanted top twenty list by the FBI, then scrubbed from their record, as if he never existed.

You think the Federal officer who publicly shot Ashli Babbitt should face an investigation?

I have many more .....
The officer that shot criminal Babbitt should have kept pulling the trigger then reloaded.

A one off comment in an interview isn't the same as what all went down after 2020. You want to play that card? We can start clipping stuff Trump said in the fall of 2015.

Do better.
Do you believe in "Russian Collusion?"

Reactions: DANC
I think just about everyone has, which is fine by me. I will say wearing a nice suit did make me feel more, purposeful, I guess is the word I'd use. But it's effort. Cleaners. Shoe shines. Blah blah blah. And now it's hardly industry appropriate for most gigs. The world did look better though. Now everywhere I go looks like a bad Dockers commercial and everyone manages a Radio Shack
I loved radio shack.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Why has the FBI not gone after the 01/06 pipe bomber? Anyone have a plausible explanation?

Why has the FBI not gone after the 01/06 pipe bomber? Anyone have a plausible explanation?
Like putting up most wanted posters in every Federal building and offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to his arrest?

The FBI and ATF are offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to the location, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the placement of pipe bombs in Washington, D.C., on January 5, 2021. DETAILS The FBI has developed new information regarding the pipe bombs discovered in Washington, D.C. Between the hours of 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on January 5, 2021, an unknown individual placed two pipe bombs in Washington, D.C. One pipe bomb was placed at the headquarters of the Republican National Committee (RNC), located at 310 First Street Southeast, and the other was placed at the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), located at 430 South Capitol Street Southeast #3. The unknown individual wore a face mask, a grey hooded sweatshirt, and Nike Air Max Speed Turf shoes in yellow, black, and gray. The individual carried a backpack in their hand. If you have any information concerning these incidents, please contact the FBI’s toll-free tip line at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), or submit tips online at tips.fbi.gov. You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Tips may remain anonymous. Field Office: Washington D.C. www.fbi.gov

It likely been difficult since he doesn't look like your normal gravy seal trumper. He isn't even a lard-ass. And what self-repecting Trumper would wear a face mask and a hoodie?

large

Do you believe in "Russian Collusion?"
You know darn well Bloom believes the Russian Collusion just like he believes 01/06 was a planned out insurrection to overthrow the government. . I cannot believe you even have to ask him that.

I heard a very angry liberal on the radio this am who was 100% convinced Trump supporters were going to capture and kill Pence on 01/06. He was dead serious. He also said Biden was going a good job on Covid. LOL!!

The right is more triggered about Bidens speech yesterday on the one year anniversary of the capital riot then when the actual capital riot happened.

Hilarious.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Making those who believe the election was stolen from Trump look extremely stupid.
Speaking of stupid . . . .

Joe Biden January 6, 2022

For the first time in our history, a president tried to prevent the peaceful transition of power as a violent mob reached the Capitol. But they failed. We must work to ensure that it never happens again.

Yes, she called Trump to concede. I'm sure he knows that. And that she attended Trump's inauguration. And that she didn't host "Stop the Steal" rallies or incite an attack on the Capitol. And that the sitting president, her former boss, invited Trump to the White House and there was a seamless transfer of power.

I don't know that danc's dumb, but it's becoming more and more apparent that he's an habitual liar. No wonder he's such an admirer of the big fella with the bad comb-over.
You might want to polish up on your google skillz.

Obama 2012Biden 2020
873 counties509 counties

Mic drop

Populism.

So.

I have many more .....
People say Trump isn't a Conservative - and I agree. At least not a traditional one. He's more of a Pragmatist.

But I heard yesterday that Liz Cheaney voted with his 97% of his proposals. She seems pretty Conservative to me - at least she used to before she lost her mind.

People say Trump isn't a Conservative - and I agree. At least not a traditional one. He's more of a Pragmatist.

But I heard yesterday that Liz Cheaney voted with his 97% of his proposals. She seems pretty Conservative to me - at least she used to before she lost her mind.
Cheaney mostly hates Trump becasue he called her old man our for getting us into an endless war on a lie. All of her talk about democracy is bs this is 100% personal for her. The funny thing is normally liberals would agree with Trump on this and is I recall wanted to lock her old man up for war crimes. But because it is Trump they now love the Cheaney's because they hate Trump. It is amazing they now love the people who got us in an endless war where thousands of americans were killed. Oustide Shooter proably thinks Liz is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

That’s too open-ended and gotcha-style to be a worthy question. There was a lot - A LOT - of smoke around Russia and the Trump campaign and then a lot of lying and perjuring. Russia interfered significantly.

Well, the pertinent question is, did TRUMP collude with the Russians.

Because we know the Clinton campaign conspired with the Russians - that's not even in doubt.

No, Trump didn’t win the election, as I have stated many times, but these are interesting points of discussion I’ve never seen anyone explain.

And you telling anybody to move on about something on this of all days is absolute fvcking gold.🤣🤣
Just because it makes you uncomfortable to remember doesn't mean it's not worth discussing what caused people to attack the Capitol and whether the threat still exists.

Obama 2012Biden 2020
873 counties509 counties

Hey, Blarney, have you received any response to your well constructed, thought-out post?

If so, I haven't seen it.

If you don't receive any kind of response, you might want to repost until you do. Your post is too good to get lost in the cesspool here.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Just because it makes you uncomfortable to remember doesn't mean it's not worth discussing what caused people to attack the Capitol and whether the threat still exists.
I’m not uncomfortable remembering it, I just think the incessant whining & bleating about it does absolutely nothing but divide, anger, & distract from issues of actual consequence. Anyone that thinks continuing to throw rocks about this at anyone is going to accomplish anything or change anyone’s mind is as big an idiot as the fools that participated in the act itself….

Hey, Blarney, have you received any response to your well constructed, thought-out post?

If so, I haven't seen it.

If you don't receive any kind of response, you might want to repost until you do. Your post is too good to get lost in the cesspool here.
Lots more people voted against Trump than for Obama.

She's a standard solid Republican. Once again, saying a cross word about Trump (a RINO) doesn't equate to not being a Republican. Why do Trumpsters want to run actual Republicans out of the Republican party? That's a sure way to lose future elections.

Reactions: NPT
So.

No. There is still an investigation and hearings to be had.

Let's pretend Epps is more than just cooperating with the feds. Basically we're calling Trump followers sheep. Good job, Mas, you're sheeple.

No, he should be given a medal. The second they breached the door, they were fair game. If during the BLM protests, those who decided to loot and riot, if a store owner was inside as someone tried to break in, I'd be just fine with them defending their store too.

You likely have the same whacked out political disposition as Ashli Babbitt. She's probably a martyr to you. She broke into the Capitol during a riot.

She's a standard solid Republican. Once again, saying a cross word about Trump (a RINO) doesn't equate to not being a Republican. Why do Trumpsters want to run actual Republicans out of the Republican party? That's a sure way to lose future elections.
She voted with Trump 97% of the time. Your claim of him being a RINO is bogus. Unless you consider her a RINO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT