ADVERTISEMENT

Why Did The Dems Do So Bad In The Senate and House?

Claudia Tenney wins NY-22. It took 97 days but all congressional races have finally been called. GOP won 213 seats and the Democrats 222. GOP won every tossup race and missed retaking majority by 5 seats.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Claudia Tenney wins NY-22. It took 97 days but all congressional races have finally been called. GOP won 213 seats and the Democrats 222. GOP won every tossup race and missed retaking majority by 5 seats.
But the GOP is dying & in crisis according to many on this board. How can it be?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Rep. Ron Wright passed away due to COVID-19 & cancer. Yet another life tragically cut short.
His passing will trigger a Louisiana Rules Top Two special election for TX-06...R+9 but increasingly competitive.
The anti-Trumper candidate received 3 percent of the vote in a suburban district...feels not great

The anti-Trumper candidate received 3 percent of the vote in a suburban district...feels not great

I keep being told by mainstream conservative types that the crazy Trump wing of the GOP is the minority and that we needn’t worry about the nutters. But mainstream conservatives are getting pummeled in GOP primaries by the nutters. I’m not so sure we can just expect the GOP to be a normal, functional party anytime soon.

I keep being told by mainstream conservative types that the crazy Trump wing of the GOP is the minority and that we needn’t worry about the nutters. But mainstream conservatives are getting pummeled in GOP primaries by the nutters. I’m not so sure we can just expect the GOP to be a normal, functional party anytime soon.
Republicans hold the majority of governorships and state legislatures. The outcome of this will be to likely flip the house.

A republican would have to be a fool to be - anti trump. That’s anti 75 mil votes. That’s why DeSantis and others of that ilk are smart. “Sane Trump.” The platform Trump got elected on is still what appeals to conservatives. But trump himself is done. He wasn’t invited to participate this week in Tx with the leading candidates. Trump’s probably on the golf course as we speak wondering what the hell rowdy Rudy might have on his phone that’ll get him.

As for the nutters they’re on both sides and we’re stuck with em sadly. Hell read this board. The Blue Shaman Meridian. He thinks we’re all racist kkk members. Did you see the blm police nonsense at the derby. The nutters are on both sides. Highlighting one while ignoring the other just adds to our divide

Last edited:
Republicans hold the majority of governorships and state legislatures. The outcome of this will be to likely flip the house.

A republican would have to be a fool to be - anti trump. That’s anti 75 mil votes. That’s why DeSantis and others of that ilk are smart. “Sane Trump.” The platform Trump got elected on is still what appeals to conservatives. But trump himself is done. He wasn’t invited to participate this week in Tx with the leading candidates. Trump’s probably on the golf course as we speak wondering what the hell rowdy Rudy might have on his phone that’ll get him.

As for the nutters they’re on both sides and we’re stuck with em sadly. Hell read this board. The Blue Shaman Meridian. He thinks we’re all racist kkk members. Did you see the blm police nonsense at the derby. The nutters are on both sides. Highlighting one while ignoring the other just adds to our divide
Is Jana Lynne Sanchez a nutter? If not, your little both sides complaint rings hollow.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I don’t follow. What about her?
The references people made to Trump vs anti-Trump candidates was directly related to what happened in the election. You complained about someone bringing up the GOP nutters without mentioning the Dem nutters. But unless Sanchez is a nutter or connected to them in some way, Dem nutters have no business in this discussion.

The problem with reflexive both sidesism is that in many contexts, both sides aren't relevant.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The references people made to Trump vs anti-Trump candidates was directly related to what happened in the election. You complained about someone bringing up the GOP nutters without mentioning the Dem nutters. But unless Sanchez is a nutter or connected to them in some way, Dem nutters have no business in this discussion.

The problem with reflexive both sidesism is that in many contexts, both sides aren't relevant.
I wasn’t clear as I have more of an issue with the label nutters and it’s almost default association. I’ve got fam over and can’t post but will follow up later

the Trump wing has mistakenly adopted Trump as someone he absolutely isn't, never was, or ever will be.

and done so out of total desperation for lack of other options.

and i have no idea what a "mainstream conservative" is anymore.

and while both parties actually do function at a very high level, they function only for Wall St on anything and everything economic in nature, and not for the working class. (thus making them seem non functioning to the working class who somehow haven't yet figured it out).

thus why all the attention is always focused on keeping everyone fighting each other on social issues 24/7/365, and off economic issues where the enemy isn't the other parties' voters, but rather both parties' funders and controllers who only interest is "all for us, none for you".

it's not personal, it's just business.

the Trump wing has mistakenly adopted Trump as someone he absolutely isn't, never was, or ever will be.

and done so out of total desperation for lack of other options.

and i have no idea what a "mainstream conservative" is anymore.

and while both parties actually do function at a very high level, they function only for Wall St on anything and everything economic in nature, and not for the working class. (thus making them seem non functioning to the working class who somehow haven't yet figured it out).

thus why all the attention is always focused on keeping everyone fighting each other on social issues 24/7/365, and off economic issues where the enemy isn't the other parties' voters, but rather both parties' funders and controllers who only interest is "all for us, none for you".

it's not personal, it's just business.
Cut and paste

Reactions: UncleMark
Trump was the easiest target in history.

Hilary was the easiest target, and Biden the 2nd or 3rd easiest .

when the DNC represented the working class, they held the house and senate every yr.

winning is no longer their primary objective, or they'd still represent the working class.

the DNC and RNC are now just two snakes with the same head.

when those controlling one party also control the other, winning the election isn't the goal.

winning governance is, and they now have that covered either way..

Indeed

All 2024 GOP presidential hopefuls will need to know this

Reactions: Cortez88

All 2024 GOP presidential hopefuls will need to know this
Why did those Georgia Republicans (who have controlled the Georgia election for years) "steal" the Presidential election from Trump and then "steal" the Senate election from the other Republicans?

Those Republicans, not Democrats, stole the election! 😬

Edit to add: And Mike Pence stole Trump's electoral victory by allowing all the electoral votes to be counted in Congress instead of just counting Trump's votes. Doesn't Pence know who he works for??

Why did those Georgia Republicans (who have controlled the Georgia election for years) "steal" the Presidential election from Trump and then "steal" the Senate election from the other Republicans?

Those Republicans, not Democrats, stole the election! 😬

Edit to add: And Mike Pence stole Trump's electoral victory by allowing all the electoral votes to be counted in Congress instead of just counting Trump's votes. Doesn't Pence know who he works for??
Did you get hit again with that same stoopid stick we discussed in the football forum?

This is a different approach. Using campaign finance laws to fight bias & censorship of social media companies. Offering services for free to 1 candidate but not another could be considered an illegal in-kind campaign contribution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT