ADVERTISEMENT

US Dept of Energy on COVID: Lab Leak Most Likely Cause

Might not have been Kansas. Take a guess where this Stanford page on the 1918 Influenza Pandemic says it started.

Most flu starts in Asia, and often in China. Part of it is close quarters between people and birds. But as that article notes, KS is the first known wave.

The Great Influenza is a wonderful read on what happened, and how the civilian and military leaders tried to control it. And early on, tried to control it without warning anyone it existed. In Germany, Ludenforff became convinced we intentionally started the flu to destroy their 1918 offensive. They estimate a million German soldiers had it in the spring of 1918.

One feels bad for the decision-makers. An example, at a fort near Chicago, the commander was a genuine leader who cared about his men. He tried to follow the guidelines issued to spread out his men, but there wasn't room/buildings to come close to the square footage distancing recommended. When the flu came into his camp and started killing soldiers, he pulled out his gun and killed himself. He could lead men in battle, he couldn't accept them being killed far from the field of battle.

Reactions: larsIU and MrBing
Even that page says the first cases were in Kansas. I do understand there are theories out there about various possible origins, but all we know for sure was the first known cases were in Kansas.
On the reparations question for COVID, what standard do people think should be applied? Aren't we setting ourselves up for the same arguments against the U.S. if a pandemic ever starts here?

Seems like a bad idea.

On the reparations question for COVID, what standard do people think should be applied? Aren't we setting ourselves up for the same arguments against the U.S. if a pandemic ever starts here?

Seems like a bad idea.
I would say there is a difference between a disease jumping, an intentional release, an accidental release, an intentional release.

If some of us are to be believed, Ukraine is packed full of US biolabs and there could be a release. To your point, do we want held to the same standard?

Note, I am far from certain the US has these labs in Ukraine doing what is suggested. Just using it as an example as some biggest on reparations are believers in Ukrainian biolabs.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Even that page says the first cases were in Kansas. I do understand there are theories out there about various possible origins, but all we know for sure was the first known cases were in Kansas.
First DOCUMENTED cases. AFTER they knew what to look for. It coulda been around for weeks and months.

Stop trying to be right about everything. In fact, admit you were wrong about Covid. It’ll make you feel better.

First DOCUMENTED cases. AFTER they knew what to look for. It coulda been around for weeks and months.

Stop trying to be right about everything. In fact, admit you were wrong about Covid. It’ll make you feel better.
You say that like it means something. The discussion was about naming diseases after their point of origin. As far as we knew or know, it started in Kansas. But we didn't name it that.

I would love for you to tell me what I was wrong about regarding Covid.

I really don't care if you call SARS-Cov2 (or WTF it's technical name is) "Wuhan virus." I call it "Covid" or "Coronavirus" or "The Rona" because that's what everyone else calls it, and I believe in the importance of being clear, so I choose to use vocabulary that I can trust others will understand.
Sorry couldn't resist. I still LOL when I see this.

china-trump.gif

• Love
Reactions: DANC and dbmhoosier

Seems like a bad idea.
Negligence. Unfortunately with a country like china spoliation makes evidence impossible

You say that like it means something. The discussion was about naming diseases after their point of origin. As far as we knew or know, it started in Kansas. But we didn't name it that.

I would love for you to tell me what I was wrong about regarding Covid.
Be careful goat, you have me worried with all that backpedaling, you might fall off that COVID bicycle!

Reactions: DANC
We need him back just for the press conferences alone.

Bwaaaahahaha

The Greatest! Even with all the attacks. The BEST! Muhammed F-ing Ali.

Can you imagine the Don backstage before a presser? Prolly, jumping up and down, trainers rubbing his arms and legs getting him loose. Like a freaking champ boxer coming out for a fight!

Hilarious thanks for sharing. Those were golden moments!

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
Bwaaaahahaha

The Greatest! Even with all the attacks. The BEST! Muhammed F-ing Ali.

Can you imagine the Don backstage before a presser? Prolly, jumping up and down, trainers rubbing his arms and legs getting him loose. Like a freaking champ boxer coming out for a fight!

Hilarious thanks for sharing. Those were golden moments!
He’s a lunatic. A certifiable lunatic. And there’s so much that’s appealing in him. I really wish he wasn’t the “outsider” to head to dc and speak “freely.” Or I wish he could have kept it together

His pettiness is what kills him.
No it was more than that. Pettiness is a raindrop in a hurricane. He made sooooooo many mistakes. Poor leadership. Started with Covid. The masks. The fight over Covid fall at his feet. He was the leader. We should have never known fauci’s name. Trump should have controlled the narrative and the policy recs. Then Jan 6, the election nonsense, frivolous lawsuits, debacle with Rudy, enlistment of clowns like mtg and the rest. Trump’s not a statesman. He’s a dogshit leader and administrator.

I hate gov. I hate politicians. I like populists. Trump was just the wrong one. Sadly

We need him back just for the press conferences alone.

You think there's something admirable in his behavior? He was the fricking President of the United States, not some drunk obnoxious lout at the bar. Do you fly a "F*ck Joe Biden" flag or approve of them? I hope not because those people are absolutely no class morons and an embarrassment to the GOP.

Last edited:
He’s a lunatic. A certifiable lunatic. And there’s so much that’s appealing in him. I really wish he wasn’t the “outsider” to head to dc and speak “freely.” Or I wish he could have kept it together
Its over!!!

But Jeezuz him and his pressers. Its like he's going out and they are gonna kill him every time. How many.??? We have you this time!!! Bulky says we play victim. What other president went through that sh!t where every damn presser just a f*cked up, full blown, nuclear attack about something hillary cooked up. But he kept coming. Hilarious stuff. Well never see that again. Great sh!t! Nobody but a narcissist, cocky, arrogant prick could have handled it! Hats off!

The thing is I've dealt with a few salespeople that have that...IT. That...Never back down, I'll win no matter what, killer attitude. It rubs everyone wrong but you cant live without that rep because of all the $$$$ they produce.

Murt, I'm sure your firm had the cocky assed attorney that you couldn't live without!

Tis what it is and I'll never, EVER forget the day after he got elected and the TOTAL AND COMPLETE LIB MELTDOWN. I had a grin from ear to ear on every meeting I had that next day and so did many I met. Then there was the lib TV channels. Rachel Maddow almost puked it was glorious as did the rest of them.

As I sit here smiling there was some back akwards great sh!t that came along with all of it. :)

Its over!!!

But Jeezuz him and his pressers. Its like he's going out and they are gonna kill him every time. How many.??? We have you this time!!! Bulky says we play victim. What other president went through that sh!t where every damn presser just a f*cked up, full blown, nuclear attack about something hillary cooked up. But he kept coming. Hilarious stuff. Well never see that again. Great sh!t! Nobody but a narcissist, cocky, arrogant prick could have handled it! Hats off!

The thing is I've dealt with a few salespeople that have that...IT. That...Never back down, I'll win no matter what, killer attitude. It rubs everyone wrong but you cant live without that rep because of all the $$$$ they produce.

Murt, I'm sure your firm had the cocky assed attorney that you couldn't live without!

Tis what it is and I'll never, EVER forget the day after he got elected and the TOTAL AND COMPLETE LIB MELTDOWN. I had a grin from ear to ear on every meeting I had that next day and so did many I met. Then there was the lib TV channels. Rachel Maddow almost puked it was glorious as did the rest of them.

As I sit here smiling there was some back akwards great sh!t that came along with all of it. :)
For sure. The press conferences were fantastic. A plus entertainment

Reactions: Indianaftw

Seems like a bad idea.
Nobody is getting reparations out of China. I want a detangling from their economy, particularly w.r.t. the manufacturing of goods that have a national security component.

We need to stop building our likely next large foe. They are the enemy, we need to start treating them as such.

You think there's something admirable in his behavior? He was the fricking President of the United States, not some drunk obnoxious lout at the bar. Do you fly a "F*ck Joe Biden" flag or approve of them? I hope not because those people are absolutely no class morons and an embarrassment to the GOP.
Sure do. Right next to my Q and Russian flags.

• Haha
You’re an embarrassment to the Republican Party.

Reactions: Crayfish57
In fairness Joe Biden sure isnt anything for the democrats to brag on. Dude you need to relax your sphincter and let it go.

Well damn! Look who got religion!

Dan, I have never changed my position on this topic. Ever. The world bent over and took it up the ass based upon what I believe were errors made by the Chinese. The entire world should hold them to account for the deaths and destruction they caused.

Dan, I have never changed my position on this topic. Ever. The world bent over and took it up the ass based upon what I believe were errors made by the Chinese. The entire world should hold them to account for the deaths and destruction they caused.
Hold them to account in what way?

Should we round them up? I’ll await instructions.

someone needs rounded up, and heads need to roll.

someone was funding the insanity, and pushing the gain of function insanity.

remember the movies about the mad scientists out to ruin the world.

well, this is them.

of course in the 007 movies, the evil genius didn't have his own international media or a dictatorship of a world power.

correction, in Tomorrow Never Dies, he absolutely did.

all that said, i wonder if and how much big pharma was directly or indirectly funding the Wuhan lab and the gain of function criminal insanity.

enquiring minds want to know.

somebody was. big pharma is as likely as any.

regardless, who it was absolutely needs discovered.

if it was the Chinese govt/military, the world needs to know that as well, and a price needs paid.

that said, quite the coincidence that about the same time we want to discourage China helping Russia, the US does an about face on the covid origin thing.

or not such a coincidence. more like a shot across the bow.

the US has always known it was the lab leak.

Wall St was/is just too connected at the hip with China to say so.

well, this is them.

of course in the 007 movies, the evil genius didn't have his own international media or a dictatorship of a world power.

all that said, i wonder if and how much big pharma was directly or indirectly funding the Wuhan lab and the gain of function criminal insanity.

if it was the Chinese govt/military, the world needs to know that as well, and a price needs paid.

that said, quite the coincidence that about the same time we want to discourage China helping Russia, the US does an about face on the covid origin thing.

Where the hell you been?

That's part of what I want to know.

In addition, I'd like to know what standard he's using for culpability. Negligence (errors) or intentional acts? Gross negligence (damn near intentional errors)?
If the U.S. funded the gain-of-function research, does it need to pay as well?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

well, this is them.

What?

Reactions: NPT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT