ADVERTISEMENT

US Dept of Energy on COVID: Lab Leak Most Likely Cause

Did it have responsibility and oversight of the Wuhan Institute?
If it did not, but knew that it would not, while also knowing the Wuhan people were very lax in their safety protocols, that might be a good case for negligence, no?

If it did not, but knew that it would not, while also knowing the Wuhan people were very lax in their safety protocols, that might be a good case for negligence, no?

touche-ben-stiller.gif

string up Fauci!

i have to pick up my daughter and her friends so don't have time now to discuss but i think that's an incredibly interesting question. and no i do not think it's a good case for negligence in the actual tort sense and i can explain why later.

Sure it is but it perhaps it would trigger a positive divestment movement out of China... We need to disengage and bring those jobs home anyway...

And what about the U.S.? The government decides to step in and violate well-established laws and remove legal property from foreign owners. Why would other foreign investors maintain confidence in the U.S.?

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
And what about the U.S.? The government decides to step in and violate well-established laws and remove legal property from foreign owners. Why would other foreign investors maintain confidence in the U.S.?
They'd still be here... Count on it... As long as they aren't working towards nuking us eventually they'll have little to worry about...

They'd still be here... Count on it... As long as they aren't working towards nuking us eventually they'll have little to worry about...

Perhaps, at a materially higher cost. You can’t rewrite the rules during the middle of the game. As soon as you do, you lose credibility and investor confidence wanes.

Reactions: NPT
Perhaps, at a materially higher cost. You can’t rewrite the rules during the middle of the game. As soon as you do, you lose credibility and investor confidence wanes.
On a side note I do think the US should confiscate some of Russia's billions to pay companies that lost their businesses over there. For example, how many planes did Russia absorb and wouldn't let the compamy that owns them bring them out. I never realized before that a lot of the planes flying are leased and not owned by the company that is flying them.

If the U.S. funded the gain-of-function research, does it need to pay as well?
whomever it was, don't let them hide behind a govt, institution, university, or corporate name.

and don't let the govt, institution, university, or corp, etc, take the hit for them.

who were the actual individuals who made this happen?

it's on them. they belong in prison. forever. all of them.

Did it have responsibility and oversight of the Wuhan Institute?
Applying US standards (based on some states' laws), was hiring the Wuhan Institute to perform any gain of function research (if that's what happened) negligent? Grossly negligent?

Applying US standards (based on some states' laws), was hiring the Wuhan Institute to perform any gain of function research (if that's what happened) negligent? Grossly negligent?
To hold U S liable under common law negligence standards, we would need to know if Wuhan had a history of careless practices.

At the time we funded gain of function research at Wuhan, that research was banned in the US, so there is that too.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
To hold U S liable under common law negligence standards, we would need to know if Wuhan had a history of careless practices.

At the time we funded gain of function research at Wuhan, that research was banned in the US, so there is that too.
Yep. There are posts in this thread that say that . . . that Wuhan lab security was "lax".

deliberately creating a virus that can, and inevitably will, escape and ruin the world while killing millions, establishes it's own standard of careless practices.

and there is no US or China that did this.

individuals did this.

either the stupidest or most evil or both, individuals in the history of man.

please everybody just stop with the trying to tie this to some country or institution.

this was done by individuals, and the funding was directed by individuals.

all said individuals belong in prison for life.

and i'm talking the worst shthole prison on earth.

Fauci lied. People died. Watch the loudest supporters of fauci and Covid protocols be mia from this thread - scrambling to find what msnbc thinks bwahahaha. Keep bringing us THE REAL news Dbm. Hold the line son

Did any of Fauci's recommendations cause people to die? What alternatives to Fauci's recommendations would have prevented more deaths (or caused fewer)?

Did any of Fauci's recommendations cause people to die? What alternatives to Fauci's recommendations would have prevented more deaths (or caused fewer)?
If you believe masks work, his recommendations that people didn't need to mask in the beginning.

Reactions: jet812
We’ll find out!! My guess is that fauci was peacocking all the wonderful recommendations he made while kids missed school, families time together, and livelihoods lost. But yes let’s hold him up for the great job “science” did in ameliorating the deleterious effects of the pandemic which science likely created. Woot woot. Get me a wine bottle of truly and a plane ticket to tulum.

Reactions: Crayfish57
All kidding aside that’s a bumper sticker I see. That said I can’t think of anything to commend fauci or the cdc. Mixed messages. Poor planning. No tracking. Test debacles. On and on. Hackneyed response. The vax were great but that was private corps

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
If you believe masks work, his recommendations that people didn't need to mask in the beginning.

I'll give you that one. At the time they were trying to conserve masks for health care workers, and they didn't realize realize the spread was primarily in the air rather than from surfaces. Regardless, he should have been straight with people instead of telling a "noble lie".

And we are back to "who knows". Genetic swabs from the wet market found the virus in genetic material from a raccoon dog. The swabs were made in January of 2020.

We were always at "who knows", all the fingerpointing and blame placing notwithstanding. Unless the Chinese reveal (or are found out) that they were actually doing the kind of research that could have specifically resulted in the SARS-CoV-2 virus, I doubt we'll ever have a definitive answer.

And we are back to "who knows". Genetic swabs from the wet market found the virus in genetic material from a raccoon dog. The swabs were made in January of 2020.

And in an unexpected turn of events, they just found some new bullets from the JFK assassination that have been in storage all of this time. They add weight to the theory that LHO gun actually discharged while cleaning.

Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT