ADVERTISEMENT

Trump doesn’t have an MBA from Wharton

JDB is frustrated with the fact that he got laid off during the financial crisis, got his MBA and still can't find a job in a financially significant city in the continental United States.

If I had a nickel for every washout like him....

This seems oddly important to you, JDB. Almost as oddly important to you as it does to Hoops. o_O

Last edited:
Flat out lie? Huh?

What do you know about the hedge fund industry? I know it because I was in it for over 20 years. You know the inside of a cubicle with a picture of your wife and kids tacked onto the side of it. Sweet gig you have going on!

It isn't very hard Hoops. You got caught in a flat out lie and can't admit it. There are dozens of people in the HF industry that obtained their B.S. in Economics from The Wharton School. Google is your friend.

Hahahaha! One of my clients was one of the original people at Magnetar on DAY 1, you moron. And a second one started there a month later. They came to ME on the day they started their own hedge fund whose largest investor is Goldman Sachs (could you get a job at Goldman? Nope). Glenview isn't even a hedge fund, idiot. It's a fund of funds. I also introduced Citigroup, when it was called Citibank Global Asset Management to Cerberus (you may have heard of them? Hint: they once owned Chrysler). Do YOU know Bill Richter? NAH. You don't. Do you know James Simons from Rennaisance? I do, you don't. Do you know Jim Hodge who financed the new business school building YOU attended? Because I do.

YOU'RE the joke.

I don't know a single placement agent who has single handedly raised over $3.5 billion, besides Arki Busson (who I also know personally). And I guarantee I will make 10 times what you will this year when I haven't lifted a finger in years.

Oh, by the way...I got a new car last month. It probably cost more than your house.

This isn't 1980 Hoops. Nobody works in cubicles.

You didn't work in the HF business because your clients weren't Magnetar, Glenview, etc. All of the legitimate funds use reputable placement agents and always have. Some guy in his middle class working out of his house isn't doing it right.

Last edited:
My wife went to B-School at IU and she never says that. Almost all my friends from college are undergraduatee B-school graduates. Not a single one says they went to Kelly. That''s nonsense.

Every B-school graduate I know says they went to Kelley. Even if it wasn't called Kelley when they were there.

My wife went to B-School at IU and she never says that. Almost all my friends from college are undergraduatee B-school graduates. Not a single one says they went to Kelly. That''s nonsense.
Well good for them. But who the hell cares?

Reactions: Lucy01
Seems like a lot of people in this thread. You’re not required to post. Besides that, you went to Purdue, who doesn’t even have an undergrad business school.

Well good for them. But who the hell cares?

What’s the answer?
What good would it do? I've explained my academic training to you before, and even on a topic in which I am expert thanks to my excellent IUB schooling, you refused to listen to anything I have to say. You are one of the many posters we have here who are always the smartest in the room, and don't want to listen to what anyone else has to say.

Wrong. I’m being serious. Do you have a job?
No, you're being childish and petty. There is nothing serious about the question "Do you even have a job?" The word "even" gives it away. You feel intellectually inadequate talking to me - as you should - so you feel the need to throw out subtle (but not really that subtle) insults in the form of questions. It's really low-level stuff here. I'd hope for a better opponent, but I guess that's the best I can expect from you.

Goat has this annoying habit of being self assured about things he has no knowledge. Somehow I don’t believe he’s hanging out with a lot of people who are blathering about going to “Kelly”.

He’s out of his element here, just as Diamond Balls is.

Please...just...stop.

LOL. Do you have a job?

No, you're being childish and petty. There is nothing serious about the question "Do you even have a job?" The word "even" gives it away. You feel intellectually inadequate talking to me - as you should - so you feel the need to throw out subtle (but not really that subtle) insults in the form of questions. It's really low-level stuff here. I'd hope for a better opponent, but I guess that's the best I can expect from you.

Goat has this annoying habit of being self assured about things he has no knowledge. Somehow I don’t believe he’s hanging out with a lot of people who are blathering about going to “Kelly”.

I don't hang out with people blathering about going to "Kelly." They went to "Kelley." Maybe your confusion is simply that you can't spell.

Yes, it is. This whole thread is stupid. But reality is reality. Everyone I know calls it "Kelley" and no one makes a stink about it.

If you said that you went to Kelley to most people from California, they'd have no idea what you are talking about. After the puzzled look, you'd have to clarify that you went to undergrad business school at Indiana.

FWIW, most people I know who say they went to Wharton got their MBA there. That doesn't make it the only meaning it has, but I suspect that President Trump is okay with the implication. However, I also don't think it's anywhere on the big deal list. It certainly pales in comparison to the shithole kerfluffle.

Reactions: DrHoops

Please...move...on.

If you said that you went to Kelley to most people from California, they'd have no idea what you are talking about. After the puzzled look, you'd have to clarify that you went to undergrad business school at Indiana.

FWIW, most people I know who say they went to Wharton got their MBA there. That doesn't make it the only meaning it has, but I suspect that President Trump is okay with the implication. However, I also don't think it's anywhere on the big deal list. It certainly pales in comparison to the shithole kerfluffle.
I have no idea what it means to say "Wharton," but I believe that most people associate it with the MBA program, and I also believe Trump would have no problem with people making that false assumption about him.

But I am friends with many B-school grads, and they all call it "Kelley," even if they attended before it was renamed. I was only responding to that one simple issue, nothing more, but it got Doc's panties all in a wad, as his panties are wont to do.

Edit: I have no idea if they call it "Kelley" when talking to out-of-state folks. Only what they call it when I am around.

My panties aren’t in any kind of a wad. You just don’t know what you’re talking about.

I have no idea what it means to say "Wharton," but I believe that most people associate it with the MBA program, and I also believe Trump would have no problem with people making that false assumption about him.

But I am friends with many B-school grads, and they all call it "Kelley," even if they attended before it was renamed. I was only responding to that one simple issue, nothing more, but it got Doc's panties all in a wad, as his panties are wont to do.

Edit: I have no idea if they call it "Kelley" when talking to out-of-state folks. Only what they call it when I am around.

My panties aren’t in any kind of a wad. You just don’t know what you’re talking about.
Right. I don't know what I'm talking about. When I'm talking about how people I personally know speak. You know better than me how people speak whom I know and you don't. Makes perfect sense.

/eyeroll

Goodnight Goat. You can stew about it in your whiskey fueled tantrum. Yes, you're the genius with no job.

Right. I don't know what I'm talking about. When I'm talking about how people I personally know speak. You know better than me how people speak whom I know and you don't. Makes perfect sense.

/eyeroll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT