ADVERTISEMENT

Trump doesn’t have an MBA from Wharton

I'll talk with my buddy.

Only farsi. In general, she prefers something in tech as that's what she has studied for. If she finds an opportunity in something related to trading, she will probably take it as the money wouldn't hurt.

One thing that has killed the Iranian economy is the US banking sanctions, which were not tied to the nuclear deal. As a result, the Iranian embassy in the UK does not even have a bank account! It has really hindered companies from investing in Iran post-nuclear deal.

Reactions: toastedbread
My only advice is don't bring yourself down to someone else. The best thing you can do is to ignore them. If they continue to defame, there are appropriate avenues to address this. (I'll leave that to the attorneys) Having to chase someone around forums who is defaming you is nuts. Don't play their childish games.

If you know anyone who does trading with Iran or is interested in trading with Iran she worked in a commodities firm for 3 years in Tehran. Otherwise, anything in fintech is good. She is writing a thesis for a masters in computational linguistics. Right now she is doing sentiment analysis/data science of twitter (cryptos + forex) for a fintech startup. Doesn't have a lot of working experience.

If you come to London, the pint is on me as I'm the host. I'll also invite you over for a homemade Persian dinner. That's a standing offer to everyone on the forum, except Lucy.

Hopefully the court rules in our favor and there is no need for my organizational idea. Unfortunately, Obama and the Republican Congress did something really horrible, which was institute something called AP for citizens of these countries. As a result, a great number of people wait 1-2 years for visas in limbo for "background checks". Why on Earth background checks of grandparents take months to years, no one knows. It's an administrative hell being used against innocent people to delay visa issuance.
That’s ok Toaster, I would have expected a pork chop dinner anyway :D

Reactions: toastedbread
Hahaha! Well, I stupidly got rid of my 911 because I didn't think it was practical (to be honest, I'm in the midst of an amicable divorce [and yes, I'm embarrassed about saying that]). So, I bought this SUV, from Mercedes called a GLE43 AMG Coupe, kind of the X6M, except for by Mercedes. I drove that around for about 4 months and I just couldn't stand it. I felt like I was on a boat. So I decided that since the 911 is going to be totally redesigned in 2019, I didn't want to buy back into it and have the last version of the old model. At the same time Mercedes came out with the AMG GT-S, and I started looking at the youtube videos and it is a monster. 503 HP, top speed 193 mph....and I got fixated.

So, that's what I went and got. Not so great in the winter, but it keeps me off the road after cocktails. I'm going to keep this one for a while.

I’m a car guy so I understand. My 911 was the best car I ever owned. Shudda kept it but my stoker wanted a sports car, and since we didn’t need 5 cars for the two of us, the 911 went. Now we are down to two totally practical rigs.

Reactions: DrHoops
Then I come on here and read about someone posting that their new car is worth more than peoples houses. And that their house is worth this much. Show some more humility. Other people are struggling. Be humble. Let your achievements speak for themselves.
Try reading that shit in your waning years while living in a trailer park and depending on the ACA for health insurance.

If you come to London, the pint is on me as I'm the host. I'll also invite you over for a homemade Persian dinner. That's a standing offer to everyone on the forum, except Lucy.

Whereabouts in London do you are you staying? I am usually in the UK every 18 months or so and usually, I fly into Manchester and drive down to visit friends in the South.

You aren't white collar, therefor expendable. Why should you get access to health insurance? :eek:

/s

Hint:

tumblr_mqm7xhxxr71sz380oo1_500.gif

He made a fortune on Bitcoin. Don't listen to him. He's loaded.

Nope. I've never owned bitcoin. I've only made 5-10k overall on crypto because I had to pay for my tuition and couldn't afford to drop a ton in ethereum when I wanted to. Anyone who listened to me on the other site and bought at that time has made 10x their investment.

You cant be struggling if you are staying in Central London! Thought you would save a few bucks and stay in south london like Croydon or Luton!!

... it's uni accommodation ... also very difficult to find something when living abroad.

ok. makes sense. Its only the super rich, foreigners who live in central.

There are some super-rich foreigners living in uni accommodation as well. It's not cheap either. I was in a pickle trying to arrange our wedding and dealing with other problems and didn't have time to start searching. I emailed a few persons online but hardly heard back. In retrospect, I would have stayed outside the center, but you don't know this beforehand. At least we save on transportation costs, which is not insignificant. I'm not even sure we would have saved that much tbh counting the $ we save on transportation. Also, we aren't desperately struggling or something. Will only have a serious issue if my wife's visa doesn't go through. I like having a safety net and we are blowing through that.

There are some super-rich foreigners living in uni accommodation as well. It's not cheap either. I was in a pickle trying to arrange our wedding and dealing with other problems and didn't have time to start searching. I emailed a few persons online but hardly heard back. In retrospect, I would have stayed outside the center, but you don't know this beforehand. At least we save on transportation costs, which is not insignificant. I'm not even sure we would have saved that much tbh counting the $ we save on transportation. Also, we aren't desperately struggling or something. Will only have a serious issue if my wife's visa doesn't go through. I like having a safety net and we are blowing through that.

When I was in school in Nottingham many years ago, there were tonnes of rich foreigner kids already. In fact one of the girls at my old school, her dad was the head of the Savak. No one screwed around with her despite being a very very attractive girl for obvious reasons.

You should have gone to school up North, where the real England is, besides being a lot cheaper. London is like 20-30% more expensive to live than anywhere else in England.

Doesn't matter how I swing. Just saying, maybe if you two finally banged, you'd stop dick-waving all over the forum.

Can't help the fact that Hoops is insecure and just responded 10 plus times and brought me up in every thread. I just exposed him for pretending to be something he isnt.

You should have gone to school up North, where the real England is, besides being a lot cheaper. London is like 20-30% more expensive to live than anywhere else in England.

Long story, but yea I agree. Didn't realize all this at the time. The only good thing about London from my standpoint is access to really interesting events and lectures.

Long story, but yea I agree. Didn't realize all this at the time. The only good thing about London from my standpoint is access to really interesting events and lectures.

IMO its the only global city despite what New Yorkers (like my sisters) tell me. I remember being at a music concert in the East end, off Brick lane a few years ago. Brazilian, Spanish to my right, Bangladeshis, Germans, Swedes on my left, with a few pasty white English in between.

Huh.....aren't you the one who linked up about 10 people who said they went to Wharton? LOL....you're the wannabe, buddy.

And to be honest (although I live in River North now) I did want to live next to the L. I don't know this hangup you have about my former home for which I paid $800,000 and bought the property next door for $430,000 (both in cash)....but there you have it. You can't stop thinking about that. It's beyond weird that you stalk people to find their address, but....that's you. Do you do this for all the people you're jealous of? Maybe if you spent less time stalking and more time working, you'd be more successful. Just a suggestion.
So let me get this straight. You are some hedge fund guru, that presumably has made millions of dollars, and you paid over a million dollars for real estate, and paid CASH? When rates are 3% or less? When we have been experiencing one of the best markets in decades?
I understanding little old ladies that want to pay off debt, and they are not comfortable with market risk...and they are old, wanting to pay off debt. But some hot shot hedge fund dude, that I am sure is comfortable with risk, and you go out and pay cash? What a dork.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Per the article, people who get a business undergrad degree from UPenn say they’re from UPenn. MBA grads say they’re from Wharton.

That designation aside, Trump is disengeous about his college degree. He omits Fordham because he thinks it would present a less smart version of himself, which is stupid.
That is probably accurate. My comment is based on a Wharton MBA holder I once hired.

I generally agree with your politics, but let me tell you where I'm coming from. And before talking about my situation, while you are sitting in your fancy car, there are people in this world, children, who are STARVING through no fault of their own. They didn't choose that life. They didn't have the option to work hard. They are kids who happen to randomly be born at the wrong place and time. Donating to liberal causes is great, but words and behavior matter too.

I came to London only because of this stupid travel ban so my wife could join me. I am a student here. My wife and I saved for 3 years to plan toward our future. I am a masters student here, but I won't become rich from my pursuits. My wife has been unable to land a job. This was totally unexpected as I thought the job market here was booming in the IT field. The salaries are 2-3 times worse than the US and positions are hard to find. If you aren't a permanent resident it's also much more difficult. She is now doing an unpaid internship for 1 month at a cheap ass company doing work on sentiment analysis battling with a jerk for a paid position that will pay peanuts. I have taken a $20,000 student loan to pay my tuition in addition to us planning to spend all of our savings. ($60,000). Recently, I've battled shingles (at age 25) probably due to stress as a result of being nervous about her visa + worrying about finances and a backup plan if she is rejected.

Then I come on here and read about someone posting that their new car is worth more than peoples houses. And that their house is worth this much. Show some more humility. Other people are struggling. Be humble. Let your achievements speak for themselves.

Sounds like you're going through a hard time.

But I think I saw this post in a dictionary once under "victim mentality"

Just remember, no one forced you to move halfway across the world, liquidate your savings, and take out student loans on a masters degree that "won't make you rich".

Sounds like you're going through a hard time.

But I think I saw this post in a dictionary once under "victim mentality"

Just remember, no one forced you to move halfway across the world, liquidate your savings, and take out student loans on a masters degree that "won't make you rich".

tenor.gif

Besides, I think some people call it love; and the things people do for love.

I don't know many undergraduates from IU who say they went to Kelley. And if you were much of a sought after student, you wouldn't be working at some shit hole firm in Minnesota.
Are you related to Trump? You sound more and more like him every day.

Hahahaha! One of my clients was one of the original people at Magnetar on DAY 1, you moron. And a second one started there a month later. They came to ME on the day they started their own hedge fund whose largest investor is Goldman Sachs (could you get a job at Goldman? Nope). Glenview isn't even a hedge fund, idiot. It's a fund of funds. I also introduced Citigroup, when it was called Citibank Global Asset Management to Cerberus (you may have heard of them? Hint: they once owned Chrysler). Do YOU know Bill Richter? NAH. You don't. Do you know James Simons from Rennaisance? I do, you don't. Do you know Jim Hodge who financed the new business school building YOU attended? Because I do.

YOU'RE the joke.

I don't know a single placement agent who has single handedly raised over $3.5 billion, besides Arki Busson (who I also know personally). And I guarantee I will make 10 times what you will this year when I haven't lifted a finger in years.

Oh, by the way...I got a new car last month. It probably cost more than your house.
So if you care so much about poor people like you insinuate that you do why don't you buy something like a Honda Accord and donate the rest to charity to help those poor people you care so much about?

So if you care so much about poor people like you insinuate that you do why don't you buy something like a Honda Accord and donate the rest to charity to help those poor people you care so much about?
You know what poor people would do with the money if he donated it,
They would buy drugs,alcohol, cigarettes! There’s a reason they are poor;)

IMO its the only global city despite what New Yorkers (like my sisters) tell me. I remember being at a music concert in the East end, off Brick lane a few years ago. Brazilian, Spanish to my right, Bangladeshis, Germans, Swedes on my left, with a few pasty white English in between.

Eh I think you can find that in NYC as well. I much prefer NYC. Don't care for London at all.

Eh I think you can find that in NYC as well. I much prefer NYC. Don't care for London at all.

I always say that NYC is fine for people in their 20s and 30s. After a while either you are used to the noise (both literal and metaphorical) that you cant sleep when there is silence (both literal and metaphorical) any more. It's almost Stockholm syndrome-ish.

London has grown on me the last couple of decades. Personally, I prefer the North which I consider the real Engurlund.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT