ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl thread

I think you’re part of the far left woke cult who gets triggered by religion.
I have no problem with the commercials at all, or with any religion, as long as the leaders are not telling their flock how to vote and spreading stupid nonsense like the anti-vaxx baloney.

I did comment, cheekily I admit, about how a non-profit can afford such ads but can't be asked to pay any taxes. Some churches are run like big business (including jets for their CEOs) so I wonder why they can't be considered businesses. You a big Joel Osteen fan?

I have no problem with the commercials at all, or with any religion, as long as the leaders are not telling their flock how to vote and spreading stupid nonsense like the anti-vaxx baloney.

I did comment, cheekily I admit, about how a non-profit can afford such ads but can't be asked to pay any taxes. Some churches are run like big business (including jets for their CEOs) so I wonder why they can't be considered businesses. You a big Joel Osteen fan?
I wonder why universities can’t be considered businesses with their absurd endowments and resort campuses indoctrinating kids with bs so they can’t think for themselves.

I wonder why universities can’t be considered businesses with their absurd endowments and resort campuses indoctrinating kids with bs so they can’t think for themselves.
You're starting to come around now! Good for you! Make the rich pay their fair share.

Reactions: UncleMark
Spoken like the conservative you are. You and Bernie and AOC. Conservatives through and through
For the millionth time, I don't claim to be a conservative. I was, however, a GOP stalwart until they became a Trump cult. The years 1980-2016, to be exact. The GOP used to be a big tent and you could be in the party and be in favor of things like helping the poor. In high school I volunteered for Dick Lugar's campaign. I have his autograph on a photo, even.

I have never been a Bernie or AOC backer, though I am perpetually amused by the members of your cult being so triggered by any comment on anything at all from "the squad".

For the millionth time, I don't claim to be a conservative. I was, however, a GOP stalwart until they became a Trump cult. The years 1980-2016, to be exact. The GOP used to be a big tent and you could be in the party and be in favor of things like helping the poor. In high school I volunteered for Dick Lugar's campaign. I have his autograph on a photo, even.

I have never been a Bernie or AOC backer, though I am perpetually amused by the members of your cult being so triggered by any comment on anything at all from "the squad".
You never support these things yet your posts are always congruent with same. Some are lost to the cult. You’re embedded but deep within the recesses I sense you know you’re in a cult. That’s why I spend time trying to help you. I think you can still be saved. Gratitude once in a while wouldn’t kill you

You never support these things yet your posts are always congruent with same. Some are lost to the cult. You’re embedded but deep within the recesses I sense you know you’re in a cult. That’s why I spend time trying to help you. I think you can still be saved. Gratitude once in a while wouldn’t kill you
dumb

Reactions: outside shooter
I think my problem with that relationship is how much of an insufferable annoying meathead he is. By most accounts, she hangs out in smart circles. Now that the season is over, I can’t imagine what he brings to the table. He’s not on her level at all; he’s an idiot who is good at football.
Oh I love him. He’s even got me listening to his podcast with his brother. Watch the documentary Kelce if you get a chance. I knew nothing about him except he was good at football before last year when the brothers were in the Suoer Bowl. ( or whenever that was )

Lol, I said the same thing mid way through the 2nd quarter, my wife didn't care to watch the halftime so she was on her phone and I watched YouTube. Second SB in a row I didn't watch, don't care for either team and knew what the outcome was going to be. Also, when the LB for SF went down running on the field and he was a major player in keeping Kelse down I knew it was "written in the stars" for KC. Leagues love Dynasties, the NFL now has one it can sell to novice football fans.

Funny bet line, I know a guy in Vegas who bet $1000 to win $1240.00, the bet was will Usher show his nipple. I am shitting you not, my guy heard it was a lock and predetermined but without being 100% sure he only put a $1000.00 on it. He text me the bet slip.
I would have bet that! Of course Usher is taking his shirt off. Always!

No at some point fit weightlifting muscle shape starts to morph into fit weightlifting muscle old man shape. It’s horrible. He’s begun the process
Ok you may be a little too critical because everyone on my social media, even young ones were happy about the shirt coming off. And you think Margot Robbie looks old. You might be a perfectionist if….

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
The NFL used to be big money. How did they swing pulling some seat finder out of the audience to perform at halftime? Did they make him go back to helping people find their seat? Did they at least get extra pay? Ushers everywhere are probably concerned about this becoming a thing.

My wife loves the glitz and glamour. I stayed busy unil kickoff, then skipped the halftime show. I just don't care about all that. The halftime show lengthens halftime, I don't like the idea of players having a routine every other game then changing. Much like March Madness when TV timeouts are timed using a calendar. Do not structurally alter the game.

The NFL used to be big money. How did they swing pulling some seat finder out of the audience to perform at halftime? Did they make him go back to helping people find their seat? Did they at least get extra pay? Ushers everywhere are probably concerned about this becoming a thing.

My wife loves the glitz and glamour. I stayed busy unil kickoff, then skipped the halftime show. I just don't care about all that. The halftime show lengthens halftime, I don't like the idea of players having a routine every other game then changing. Much like March Madness when TV timeouts are timed using a calendar. Do not structurally alter the game.
Curmudgeon!

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Curmudgeon!
Exactly.

Do concerts before or after. I attended a lot of baseball with concerts after. No one ever said, "please hang on while the Beach Boys setup for your 7th inning stretch concert".

I know I quit going to NCAA tourney games, those TV timeouts never end.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Just read that Andy said Travis came over right afterwards, hugged him, and apologized. I was glad to hear that.

Reactions: BradStevens
nfl-memes-super-bowl-56.jpg

Jesus was a woke-ass, weak leftist. Have you heard what that hippie said about immigrants? Holy shit!

Joel Osteen's private jet reportedly cost $90 million, so for the "big church" crowd, $14M isn't a lot.
Is "big church", whatever that is, behind these ads?

I've seen it described as the family from Hobby Lobby, Christian groups and anonymous donors, but very little detail beyond that.

Lee Harvey's getting "cancelled". :D

No I really don't care. Agree with everything you said. Just trying to make funnies. Sorry I pissed in your corn flakes.
I'm touchy on this subject because I used to be one of these people. And I don't like that about my past self.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT