ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl thread

Lee Harvey's getting "cancelled". :D

Some people just want to complain. I wish we could judge the campaign on the message, rather than who gives it money.

Tell me, what is offensive about these fifteen seconds?

GGLzELzWoAEI7pN

Some people just want to complain. I wish we could judge the campaign on the message, rather than who gives it money.

Tell me, what is offensive about these fifteen seconds?

I dunno, man.

Seems like evangelicals don't like it because it grants leniency to certain groups, and progressives don't like it because of who funded it.

95% in the middle...

AIWZmI.gif

For the millionth time, I don't claim to be a conservative. I was, however, a GOP stalwart until they became a Trump cult. The years 1980-2016, to be exact. The GOP used to be a big tent and you could be in the party and be in favor of things like helping the poor. In high school I volunteered for Dick Lugar's campaign. I have his autograph on a photo, even.

I have never been a Bernie or AOC backer, though I am perpetually amused by the members of your cult being so triggered by any comment on anything at all from "the squad".
I participated in the primarying of Lugar.

Lugar was the quintessential Swamp creature.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Yep they are solid positive messages. Certain people dislike that bc they associate god and religion with the right. Strange people
One question I have is in the statement, "Jesus Gets Us". Does this mean Jesus accepts everyone and does not judge one's actions,words, and thoughts? 2 Timothy 4:1 says In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: So the Lord does judge people. Now if what they mean by saying, "Jesus Gets Us" is that He knows all of our sins and will still receive us if we will receive Him then that is another thing.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
On this, we agree. He had run his course and was just riding it out.

Mourdock stumbled at the end. Hello Donnelly.
Why do you think that about Lugar? Just curious. I may not be remembering but I don’t recall any kind of scandals or any corruption.

One question I have is in the statement, "Jesus Gets Us". Does this mean Jesus accepts everyone and does not judge one's actions,words, and thoughts? 2 Timothy 4:1 says In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: So the Lord does judge people. Now if what they mean by saying, "Jesus Gets Us" is that He knows all of our sins and will still receive us if we will receive Him then that is another thing.

Concur my friend. I generally like the “He Gets Us” commercials but the Super Bowl ones were just horrible.

Cops washing migrants feet, priests washing trannys feet. Not very subtle.

Where was the BLM supporter washing cops feet?

Reactions: VanPastorMan
Why do you think that about Lugar? Just curious. I may not be remembering but I don’t recall any kind of scandals or any corruption.
Without going into a lot specifics:

When I was younger, it could be argued I idolized Lugar. I attended the Leadership symposium at U Indy (ICU at that time) when I was a sophomore in HS. I really wanted to get into politics as a career and thought Lugar was it. I came to my senses my last year at IU and began to look at how things were done and who was doing it. I really soured on Lugar with his go along to get along ways as I got older. Many of his positions ran counter to what I'd begun to realize were my true positions around 2000. Mostly around personal freedom and individual liberties. I felt a lot of his foreign policy was interventionist in nature and unwarranted in general after the fall of the Soviet Union. At home, he was in favor of federal gov't regulation on things that I felt should be decided at the state and local level.

The way the super PACs and professional political operatives went after Mourdock in that primary over trivial BS like his tie in a debate or the idea that he dyed his hair was, to me, vindication that he had become a "swamp creature", to borrow that phrase.

I felt like the Senate was just a giant good old boys club that was no longer interested in governing, but continuing their own enrichment and status quo. I felt the same way about McCain and a few of the other Republicans. There was no longer an opposition party, both parties were just 2 sides of the same coin. I still feel that way today. I was happy to see it blown up. I kind of chuckle at the idea that it was because of that, Donnelly was elected and we got the ACA. Lugar would have voted for it too.

When I was younger, it could be argued I idolized Lugar. I attended the Leadership symposium at U Indy (ICU at that time) when I was a sophomore in HS. I really wanted to get into politics as a career and thought Lugar was it. I came to my senses my last year at IU and began to look at how things were done and who was doing it. I really soured on Lugar with his go along to get along ways as I got older. Many of his positions ran counter to what I'd begun to realize were my true positions around 2000. Mostly around personal freedom and individual liberties. I felt a lot of his foreign policy was interventionist in nature and unwarranted in general after the fall of the Soviet Union. At home, he was in favor of federal gov't regulation on things that I felt should be decided at the state and local level.

The way the super PACs and professional political operatives went after Mourdock in that primary over trivial BS like his tie in a debate or the idea that he dyed his hair was, to me, vindication that he had become a "swamp creature", to borrow that phrase.

I felt like the Senate was just a giant good old boys club that was no longer interested in governing, but continuing their own enrichment and status quo. I felt the same way about McCain and a few of the other Republicans. There was no longer an opposition party, both parties were just 2 sides of the same coin. I still feel that way today. I was happy to see it blown up. I kind of chuckle at the idea that it was because of that, Donnelly was elected and we got the ACA. Lugar would have voted for it too.
I helped Richard Mourdock retire Dick Lugar. As his primary developed, we tapped into issues that resonated at a couple of levels, and had very strong endorsement from County Chairs . The election night party was electric!

I helped Richard Mourdock retire Dick Lugar. As his primary developed, we tapped into issues that resonated at a couple of levels, and had very strong endorsement from County Chairs . The election night party was electric!
Oh so you also helped Republicans lose that seat because you backed a moron. Joe Donnelly and Dems thank you! Congratulations!!

Disagree obviously but thanks for the detailed answer.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT