ADVERTISEMENT

SOTU serious thread

Well, just when Fields started rolling he got injured for 3 games. The rest of the season he played well. He's played 10 games less than Lawrence because the Bears team was in shambles and he was getting killed. Fields has also had 1,000 less snaps than Trevor Lawrence.

Remember, Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be a "generational talent", just like Caleb Williams. Lawrence is no bust, but to say Fields is a bust is crazy. (Not saying you're saying that, btw but some are). He's only 24. Caleb is 22.
I fully agree that Lawrence hasn’t lived up to the hype. But if he were on the Bears over Fields we’d have 3 more wins each season. He’s much better. Lawrence has no WRs and is an easy 3k+ yards guy.

I fully agree that Lawrence hasn’t lived up to the hype. But if he were on the Bears over Fields we’d have 3 more wins each season. He’s much better. Lawrence has no WRs and is an easy 3k+ yards guy.
The problem with Trevor Lawrence is that he looks like he plays a quarterback in a teen drama.

That's the thing. He's not "much better". Look at the numbers (posted above). Lawrence was the 15th best QB in the league. Fields was the 20th even though he was hurt 3 games. Until the Bears got DJ Moore, their receiver corps was the worst in the leage. The Bears defense blew 3 wins they had in the bag. The Bears COULD have been a playoff team, but...everyone has their woulda, coulda, shouldas.

No sense in arguing it. It's all going to play out for itself.

So some amount of illegal immigration “leakage” or people gaming the amnesty system is acceptable, because after all we need people for the shit jobs.

We granted over a million green card applications in 2022. Can’t find the the 2023 numbers yet but I’m sure it’s more.

If you think figure should be higher and allow for more unskilled labor that’s a somewhat rational position.

Degrading the border and bastardizing amnesty laws like this administration has done is irrational.

I think we're getting caught up in semantics.

I'm assuming the rub is over asylum seeking immigrants, who make up the majority of the southern border crossings. We tend to call them 'illegal' and 'undocumented' as they claim asylum and then wait years in limbo for a trial even though they aren't technically 'illegals' and have those rights to do so.

For the pure illegal immigrants who just try to sneak in...of course they need to go through the proper channels and be accounted for.

If that was your original point, then I agree.

I was also trying to appeal to your prosperity pov vs a humanitarian pov thinking it might make a better argument to you.

That’s BS. it’s not what we are talking about. Closing the border means closing the border to illegal crossings. Of course the president has that authority. Even today Biden agreed when he said Laken Riley’s killer “shouldn’t have been here”.

So you're cool with those claiming asylum? It's just those who are sneaking in that you're worried about?

I think we're getting caught up in semantics.

I'm assuming the rub is over asylum seeking immigrants, who make up the majority of the southern border crossings. We tend to call them 'illegal' and 'undocumented' as they claim asylum and then wait years in limbo for a trial even though they aren't technically 'illegals' and have those rights to do so.

For the pure illegal immigrants who just try to sneak in...of course they need to go through the proper channels and be accounted for.

If that was your original point, then I agree.

I was also trying to appeal to your prosperity pov vs a humanitarian pov thinking it might make a better argument to you.
Those claiming political asylum should do so in Mexico. Why do they come here?

Can get Williams and Odunze, Nabors, or Bowers. We have #9 too.

Put Josh Allen on this Bears team. It would’ve been a playoff team. Ditto all other Top 5-7 QBs. Fields isn’t good.

If he was so good, why aren’t any teams with huge QB needs trading for him? Because GMs see his glaring weaknesses. Fantasy football has no relation to real football.

Not sure Nabors or Odunze will still be available at 9. Nabors for sure won't, Odunze might but mocks have him 6-9. I'm not big on Odunze personally, I think he's a 50/50 bust rate vs Harrison and Nabors.

Regardless we still play the value game.. .would you rather Williams-Moore-Odunze/Bowers and possibly who you get for Fields or Fields-Moore-Harrison Jr-Alt (top rated lineman) or a top rated edge rusher at #9?

All the mocks and pundits believe Fields will be gone and Williams will be the dude btw.

Hopefully for the bears they get something of good value for Fields as they start all over with a new prospect at QB.

I just think the roster is on the verge and played Charlotte masterfully last year. If Williams busts, it will be brutal. Who knows how long the learning curve will be. Josh Allen wasn't Josh Allen out of the box (he was actually pretty terrible his first couple of years...then got his footwork right and turned into a monster).

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
So we are talking about the same 'group'.

Is Mexico known as a safe haven from cartels, exile, asylum seeking as the United States?

I don't know but I doubt it.
So we should limit asylum claims to only Mexicans fearing the cartel or those who come here by sea from the East. Otherwise all others should be claiming it in Mexico no? Being poor doesn’t qualify you for asylum.

Reactions: jet812
It’s a pattern. Pick an issue and compare and contrast same to under trump. Border, global affairs, gas, prices. Biden has made everything worse. What’s frightening is we will have an older, even more impressionable version as he gets into his mid 80s. And he only picks incompetent people to surround himself with based on their skin color or what they do in a bedroom.

It’ll take a long time to recover from this admin.

4 years ago, defund the police. And now bring in the National Guards. Unfortunately, you can’t move states and get away from inflation. The truth is the American public is dumb and votes for liberals, so we deserve it.

Because they all think the Bears are going to dump him. If everyone knows you HAVE to sell your house, there's not going to be a bidding war for it.
If he’s the best QB on the market to be drafted, traded, or FA—which is exactly how you are valuing him by valuing him over Williams—then multiple teams would want him. They would then have to outbid each other. That’s how scarce resources work, no matter if the seller wants to sell. (Look at the Jets last year when everyone knew Rodgers was leaving GB). Fields’ lack of market is due to a lack of demand for QBs of his clearly limited ability.

Of course, your whole premise is wrong: the Bears have not committed to dumping him yet. It’s the Bears, so they very well could bungle this by keeping him and not drafting a QB.

Not sure Nabors or Odunze will still be available at 9. Nabors for sure won't, Odunze might but mocks have him 6-9. I'm not big on Odunze personally, I think he's a 50/50 bust rate vs Harrison and Nabors.

Regardless we still play the value game.. .would you rather Williams-Moore-Odunze/Bowers and possibly who you get for Fields or Fields-Moore-Harrison Jr-Alt (top rated lineman) or a top rated edge rusher at #9?

All the mocks and pundits believe Fields will be gone and Williams will be the dude btw.

Hopefully for the bears they get something of good value for Fields as they start all over with a new prospect at QB.

I just think the roster is on the verge and played Charlotte masterfully last year. If Williams busts, it will be brutal. Who knows how long the learning curve will be. Josh Allen wasn't Josh Allen out of the box (he was actually pretty terrible his first couple of years...then got his footwork right and turned into a monster).
And if he wasn’t Josh Allen, the Bills wouldn’t be very good.

As I said, I’m not sold on Williams either. He comes with risk (all rookies do). But Fields is a proven middling QB with poor arm mechanics (too long a throwing motion), inability to make quick reads, and he can’t read defenses. He ain’t it (like Woodson). Move on while you can still get something for him.

To hear a chant of “Four More Years” from the congressional chambers as the. President delivered a message required by the constitution was as damaging to democracy in it own way as J6. Have we permanently changed a nonpartisan unifying event into a partisan affair? Congress already has significant issues, this makes it worse.

CoH, the "four more years" political chant upset me as well.

For sometime the SOTU address has resembled more of a political rally than a report to the country concerning the state of the union as required by the Constitution.

Presidents these days seem to take the role of being head of their party more seriously than they take being responsible for all our citizens along with our allies abroad.

Political rallies are the preferred communication device rather than press conferences or fire side chats.

The politically active We the People have followed suit starting with the day after an election as can be seen on the social media. The insults between the "ins" and "outs" keep coming as if the election is an ongoing affair and never happened.

To hear a chant of “Four More Years” from the congressional chambers as the. President delivered a message required by the constitution was as damaging to democracy in it own way as J6. Have we permanently changed a nonpartisan unifying event into a partisan affair? Congress already has significant issues, this makes it worse.
Hahahahaha. You’re a real piece of work. IS MTG damaging to democracy? What about the Republican who got kicked out? What about the guy who yelled You Lie to President Obama ? And you’re offended by four more years. That’s really rich.

Hahahahaha. You’re a real piece of work. IS MTG damaging to democracy? What about the Republican who got kicked out? What about the guy who yelled You Lie to President Obama ? And you’re offended by four more years. That’s really rich.
What does any of it, on either side, have to do with the current state of the nation?

Nothing at all. I said I think they shouldn’t even be allowed to clap. I think it should be quiet, like a lecture and anyone that doesn’t follow rules should be kicked out.
YEP !! It's a report out and nothing more. When was the last time you (we) were in a corp board report out meeting and there were applause gaps. NEVER.
It's a GD campaign speech now and it sucks no matter who does it.

That's the thing. He's not "much better". Look at the numbers (posted above). Lawrence was the 15th best QB in the league. Fields was the 20th even though he was hurt 3 games. Until the Bears got DJ Moore, their receiver corps was the worst in the leage. The Bears defense blew 3 wins they had in the bag. The Bears COULD have been a playoff team, but...everyone has their woulda, coulda, shouldas.

No sense in arguing it. It's all going to play out for itself.
Sorry I’m lost. TLaw threw for 4k yards this year. Fields threw for 2.5k. Even with 3 more games of averaging 170 yds he’s nowhere near that number and he has Moore. Lawrence has hit his stride the last two years. If your point is that he was overhyped I agree but there’s no comparison to Fields.

Fields ain’t it. Period. His running doesn’t help us win games.

Last edited:
Nothing at all. I said I think they shouldn’t even be allowed to clap. I think it should be quiet, like a lecture and anyone that doesn’t follow rules should be kicked out.
It should be a letter written by the president and sent to congress, SCOTUS and then released to the public.

It’s a stupid monarchical tradition, that’s antithetical to the office of the President.

It should be a letter written by the president and sent to congress, SCOTUS and then released to the public.

It’s a stupid monarchical tradition, that’s antithetical to the office of the President.
I think it should be televised. All too many wouldn’t bother reading it. But if there was no applause or obviously booing, maybe the cliche applause lines would be gone and it would return a bit to the original purpose.

Three wutabouts, and pretty pathetic ones at that.

Hecklers are not a threat to anything. The democrats organizing congress into a partisan cheering mob is. These people need to work together and compromise. That is democracy. Parissn cheering mobs threaten to democracy.

4 years ago, defund the police. And now bring in the National Guards. Unfortunately, you can’t move states and get away from inflation. The truth is the American public is dumb and votes for liberals, so we deserve it.

Hecklers are not a threat to anything. The democrats organizing congress into a partisan cheering mob is. These people need to work together and compromise. That is democracy. Parissn cheering mobs threaten to democracy.
We’ve elected stupid people. I don’t want to give them anymore money. I’d rather buy bitcoin

A cheering mob… I’ll get you a fainting couch. Didn’t you used to care about manners and ethics and decorum? Or did that go to the wayside when you threw in with the likes of Trump? It’s sad how many people that happened to. And then bemoan what’s happened to the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory

I got laughed at for posting that. Yea, laugh all you want its real, its everywhere, and there is nothing funny about it. Sad man...When Tucker posted pics of the Russian subways it was truly an eye opener for me. Sure there are rules, but it's civil for crying out loud! Will it get better here? Hahaha I think we all know the answer to that. This thing has slid out of control. This is squarely on the dems shoulders!!! Post your laugh emoji's, IDC there is no return from this madness unless there is sweeping law enforcement changes from judges, to prosecutors, to law enforcement. When you see the Engeron's, the Briggs, James, Willis, Gardner, Foxx, Gascon types we are completely ph*cked and I have no clue how we are going to comeback from that. WTH happened???

Call me old fashioned, but..

I see hecklers as being
"in contempt" at a SOTU as called for in our Constitution just as they would be in a court of law.

A cheering mob… I’ll get you a fainting couch. Didn’t you used to care about manners and ethics and decorum? Or did that go to the wayside when you threw in with the likes of Trump? It’s sad how many people that happened to. And then bemoan what’s happened to the cocountry.
Anyone that still supports Trump is just pretending they have standards.

Call me old fashioned, but..

I see hecklers as being
"in contempt" at a SOTU as called for in our Constitution just as they would be in a court of law.
Can we have a rule that Mtg has to still wear a mask or be fined?

I think it should be televised. All too many wouldn’t bother reading it. But if there was no applause or obviously booing, maybe the cliche applause lines would be gone and it would return a bit to the original purpose.
In today's age, it means nothing to be televised. we live the life every day and can message the POTUS in 1 second. its a hollow campaigning log that has ZERO fish in it that we didn't already know, well before production started to make MSM $billions .
Sentimentally forced theater for ticket sales$$$$ Nothing more, nothing less.

In today's age, it means nothing to be televised. we live the life every day and can message the POTUS in 1 second. its a hollow campaigning log that has ZERO fish in it that we didn't already know, well before production started to make MSM $billions .
Sentimentally forced theater for ticket sales$$$$ Nothing more, nothing less.
If it wasn't televised then we would just have people lying about what was said and then half the country would think biden was bragging about Jewish space lasers on top of a pedo pizza palace

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Sochi looks really nice. It's as expensive there as it is here. My kids HAVE asked when this country tanks where are we gonna go? It's a matter of time at this point. Anyone thinking on this course its suddenly going to be like the good ole days is drinking some fricked up Kool Aid. Sinking ship we are.

If it wasn't televised then we would just have people lying about what was said and then half the country would think biden was bragging about Jewish space lasers on top of a pedo pizza palace
It's called direct energy systems you should look it up! And of course pedo isn't real. Watched Spotlight again just 2 nights ago and remind me...Who has gone to jail for the Epstein list? Great country we live in isn't it. NOT one prosecution. Law and order in this country? It's called democrats. Congrats! Hey that rhymes.

• Haha
It's called direct energy systems you should look it up! And of course pedo isn't real. Watched Spotlight again just 2 nights ago and remind me...Who has gone to jail for the Epstein list? Great country we live in isn't it. NOT one prosecution. Law and order in this country? It's called democrats. Congrats! Hey that rhymes.
Lol.
Jeffrey Epstein Trump GIF

what does Epstein have to do with anything? Democrats? Remind me which party the judge in Florida was who gave him a Pat on the head instead of jail. Oh right, the same game who DOnnie tried to put in his administration. All the best people, dontcha know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT