ADVERTISEMENT

Your long national nightmare is over...

lmao Yeah, a real intellectual. No wonder he thinks Taylor is a genius.

"Indeed, Kelce did not play for an entire season of college football, 13 years ago, due to a violation of team rules, which was later revealed to be failing to pass a drug test by testing positive for marijuana.

So, with all the time in the world on his hands, the eight-time Pro Bowler tweeted on the first day of the second month that year: 'NAP TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'"
Oh the fainting couch. He smoked weed ? Horrors!!

Last edited:
Not sure how that's possible, short of just watching on a monitor in some secluded space. Not exactly going to the game.

TV crews hunt down famous people in crowds. Sometimes they're plants, because they're on shows produced by the same company airing the game. It would be hard to not spot Swift because of the security.

Good lord, Travis Kelce stood off stage underneath a scaffolding and cameras found him.

You'd have a point if she was rushing the stages or trying to talk to reporters on the field. She's not. She knows her place in that environment, and to her credit, he's being a good girlfriend.

People tracked her every move before any of this started. There are videos of her tour going in and out of her dressing room in mobile cabinets. If she started showing up randomly at football games, it would get notice, boyfriend or not. If she was just a Chiefs' fan...guess what...the cameras would still be on her six to seven times a game.

Think Jack Nicholson. Think Spike Lee. They aren't dating players. They aren't asking for attention.
You don’t think that if her security detail went to the NFL and said Taylor would like to watch the game in a suite and not be bothered or shown on TV the NFL and networks wouldn’t honor that? I 100% think they would.

A friend of mine does PA stuff for a bunch of sports and events at Ohio State and he said her personal security detail was by far the most detailed, numerous and sophisticated he’s ever seen. I’m sure she’s been to other concerts and probably other sporting events where people barely knew she was there. I’m also sure there were famous people at the Super Bowl no one reading this saw or knew was there.

You mentioned celebrities who are also shown during games - a lot of those people are sitting courtside and don’t mind the extra attention. I’m not faulting her - I just don’t think she’s bothered about the extra attention she’s getting at Chiefs games.

To be clear, I’m not saying she should have to restrict the attention she’s getting. If she wants to go to games and support her boyfriend and let the chips fall where they may on the publicity front, that’s entirely her prerogative. If that’s they way that she wants to live.

Reactions: DANC
What? No Love for Check Your Head?
Still have my '94 Lollapalooza T shirt from Starplex Dallas, break it out on occasion 🤟

lrgm1fyoi8q11.jpg

You don’t think that if her security detail went to the NFL and said Taylor would like to watch the game in a suite and not be bothered or shown on TV the NFL and networks wouldn’t honor that? I 100% think they would.
The NFL has zero control in real time what is shown on TV. She would have to negotiate with the networks, and in that she doesn't doesn't mean she's seeking more attention.

She is sitting in a suite with Kelce's family and enjoying the games.

A friend of mine does PA stuff for a bunch of sports and events at Ohio State and he said her personal security detail was by far the most detailed, numerous and sophisticated he’s ever seen. I’m sure she’s been to other concerts and probably other sporting events where people barely knew she was there. I’m also sure there were famous people at the Super Bowl no one reading this saw or knew was there.
None of that has anything to do with the broadcast companies.

Those other famous people aren't currently the most famous person in the world.

You mentioned celebrities who are also shown during games - a lot of those people are sitting courtside and don’t mind the extra attention. I’m not faulting her - I just don’t think she’s bothered about the extra attention she’s getting at Chiefs games.
And she's sitting in a suite...still taking heat.

They're sitting courtside. She's sitting with her boyfriend's family.
To be clear, I’m not saying she should have to restrict the attention she’s getting. If she wants to go to games and support her boyfriend and let the chips fall where they may on the publicity front, that’s entirely her prerogative. If that’s they way that she wants to live.
LOL That's the way most of us live. You're telling her to hide, which I think is silly.

The NFL has zero control in real time what is shown on TV. She would have to negotiate with the networks, and in that she doesn't doesn't mean she's seeking more attention.

She is sitting in a suite with Kelce's family and enjoying the games.

None of that has anything to do with the broadcast companies.

Those other famous people aren't currently the most famous person in the world.

And she's sitting in a suite...still taking heat.

They're sitting courtside. She's sitting with her boyfriend's family.

LOL That's the way most of us live. You're telling her to hide, which I think is silly.
The NFL and their network partners absolutely have control in real time over what is shown during their game. WTF are you talking about?

The NFL and CBS/Fox or whoever has the broadcasting rights definitely has control over what is broadcast. During every game there is a disclaimer about the NFL having exclusive rights to the broadcast for the private use of their audience. It's not like they're coming out of commercial break wondering what the eff they're going to show on camera. Yes, there is a little bit of wiggle room in what the announcers say and what they focus on, and what they're going to do coming out of TV timeouts, but for the most part what they're going to show on TV or what they're going to talk about is laid out at least a few days in advance. Especially for the Super Bowl.

And I'm not telling her to hide. I'm not telling her to do anything. That's you reading into things. My whole point in that last paragraph was to say that I don't really care if she's at the game or not. Or if she randomly shows up my TV. I'm not suggesting that she should or shouldn't do anything. I'm just saying that she's not the victim of random camera work. CBS camera people aren't the paparazzi. If she wanted to fly under the radar at these events, she could. It's harder to do yes, but it's not impossible. That's not a slam on her. It just is what it is.

I've read about Paul McCartney and other high profile celebrities going to sporting events in New York and specifically asking not to be shown on camera and they're accomodated. In DC, there are plenty of politicians who go to sporting events and the general public has no idea they're there.

Last edited:
Self-marginalized alpha bros, the Super Bowl is over, and while hater-ade aimed at Taylor Swift and Jason Kelce far outweighed the actual time Swift was on TV during games, wherever you get your political and sports news will soon be back to regularly scheduled programming.

Taylor-Swift-and-travis-kelce-2024-super-bowl-billboard-1548.jpg

...until Swift expresses a political opinion. Then you can bind those undies back up.
It appears Mr. Softy is also a Swiftie. Bloom, you're the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks

It appears Mr. Softy is also a Swiftie. Bloom, you're the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks
Swifty?

At basketball practice, Jim's coach Swifty sees Jim in the bathroom showers when he takes a short break to get high, where he then gropes him and offers to pay him for sex. Jim refuses and pushes Swifty headfirst into a wall.

c3632255-3235-42ad-a01b-c0a06c06c6b8_text.gif

Swifty?

At basketball practice, Jim's coach Swifty sees Jim in the bathroom showers when he takes a short break to get high, where he then gropes him and offers to pay him for sex. Jim refuses and pushes Swifty headfirst into a wall.

c3632255-3235-42ad-a01b-c0a06c06c6b8_text.gif
That's some damn fine obscurity work right there.

Also, hot take - Leo should have gotten best supporting actor for What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Fight me.

That's some damn fine obscurity work right there.

Also, hot take - Leo should have gotten best supporting actor for What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Fight me.
He shoulda listened to Kirk Lazarus.

As far as his best roles...there's a dozen of his flicks I'll stop down for every time...starting with This Boy's Life.
my daughter and i watched gilbert grape a few months ago. i had seen it and like it but she absolutely loved it.

dying laughing re this boy's life. there are a lot of great scenes with deniro in that movie. i love when he's at the dinner table telling his story about how he dry gulched a guy. then at the end he goes "just a little story." fantastic! i like when he's having sex too and gettin her from behind and when she turns around he goes NEVER THE FACE!!!!!!!!! i used to do that with all the women i've been with since seeing that as a joke lol. i always found it way more funny than they. but deniro telling his stories to the fam is outstanding. almost as good as dwight yoakam telling stories in slingblade.

Last edited:
The NFL and their network partners absolutely have control in real time over what is shown during their game. WTF are you talking about?

The NFL and CBS/Fox or whoever has the broadcasting rights definitely has control over what is broadcast. During every game there is a disclaimer about the NFL having exclusive rights to the broadcast for the private use of their audience. It's not like they're coming out of commercial break wondering what the eff they're going to show on camera. Yes, there is a little bit of wiggle room in what the announcers say and what they focus on, and what they're going to do coming out of TV timeouts, but for the most part what they're going to show on TV or what they're going to talk about is laid out at least a few days in advance. Especially for the Super Bowl.

And I'm not telling her to hide. I'm not telling her to do anything. That's you reading into things. My whole point in that last paragraph was to say that I don't really care if she's at the game or not. Or if she randomly shows up my TV. I'm not suggesting that she should or shouldn't do anything. I'm just saying that she's not the victim of random camera work. CBS camera people aren't the paparazzi. If she wanted to fly under the radar at these events, she could. It's harder to do yes, but it's not impossible. That's not a slam on her. It just is what it is.

I've read about Paul McCartney and other high profile celebrities going to sporting events in New York and specifically asking not to be shown on camera and they're accomodated. In DC, there are plenty of politicians who go to sporting events and the general public has no idea they're there.
Paul McCartney could walk into a Travis Scott concert through the main gate and not be recognized by 95% of the audience. He could walk up to my daughter and shake her hand and say, "Hi, my name is Paul" and she'd have no idea that he's somebody famous. My mother-in-law thinks Taylor Swift is amazing.Most celebrities don't have near the popularity or rabid following that TSwift does. The closest comparable of recent vintage would be Beyonce a few years back, but it's not even really accurate and Beyonce has a really difficult time going anywhere without a camera finding her. There are massive degrees of difference in celebrity Q rating.

All that said, people like Taylor are in the business of being popular and that means being seen. She's very publicly talked about deciding not to hide this relationship from the public the way she did with her last relationship, so I don't think she or her team she the attention she is getting as some negative. To me, she doesn't seem to be specifically seeking the attention as much as she is just living comfortably in it.

And the people who have a problem with it...that's really a them problem.

Paul McCartney could walk into a Travis Scott concert through the main gate and not be recognized by 95% of the audience. He could walk up to my daughter and shake her hand and say, "Hi, my name is Paul" and she'd have no idea that he's somebody famous. My mother-in-law thinks Taylor Swift is amazing.Most celebrities don't have near the popularity or rabid following that TSwift does. The closest comparable of recent vintage would be Beyonce a few years back, but it's not even really accurate and Beyonce has a really difficult time going anywhere without a camera finding her. There are massive degrees of difference in celebrity Q rating.

All that said, people like Taylor are in the business of being popular and that means being seen. She's very publicly talked about deciding not to hide this relationship from the public the way she did with her last relationship, so I don't think she or her team she the attention she is getting as some negative. To me, she doesn't seem to be specifically seeking the attention as much as she is just living comfortably in it.

Yes, but I don't like her music which means I'm morally and contractually obligated to bitch about her endlessly.

Come to think of it, it probably is a me problem. Fair enough. I will continue on.

I don't disagree with anything you've said here. Though it makes me a little sad to think Paul wouldn't be recognized by a concert full of people. He's a freaking Beatle for pete's sake.

Well, I’m a fan of reality shows and think some of them are pretty cool people. I do think many of not most people if given the opportunity will try to turn themselves into a brand. Hasn’t Peyton Manning? Tom Brady? LeBron James? Steph?
I wonder why none of the Rockefellers are out in the spot light creating a personal brand.

I wonder why none of the Rockefellers are out in the spot light creating a personal brand.
They don't need to. John D took care of establishing that brand 125 years ago.

I mean, there's a reason you went Rockefeller as opposed to one of the multitude of other old money names. ;)

Reactions: mcmurtry66
They don't need to. John D took care of establishing that brand 125 years ago.

I mean, there's a reason you went Rockefeller as opposed to one of the multitude of other old money names. ;)
125 years from now is there any chance people remember T Swift or T Kelce. Doubtful.

But you build a bank or an oil company....

That whole cast if great.

The combined box office pull of that cast has to be the highest of all time?
Avengers movies. I know, Downey, but the rest of the Avengers folks all have those movies in their Talley, plus Zoe Saldana has Avatar, Sam Jackson is probably number one individually.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT