ADVERTISEMENT

Your long national nightmare is over...

Love dudes triggered by a football player in the heat of the moment. I can't count how many times I've seen players held back from team mates and coaches over the years.

Can tell some of you never played the game. I slammed my helmet once against the fence in the middle of the game. Not a proud moment, but somehow in 30 years of marriage I've never to beat my wife.

Yet same people have no problem with a former president encouraging Russia to attack a NATO alliance partner. Some of you guys have a warped sense of what is important.

Or is this the fact you guys are triggered by all things Travis and Swift?
We know the answer. It's anytime genres cross. An athlete gets into entertainment, or an entertainer drips into sports. Throw in any political element, like Travis Kelce doing Pfizer and vaccination ads, along with Swift expressing political leanings, and it's powder keg of butt hurt.

Reactions: hoosboot
Your grandma used to give you the line about not buying the cow when the milk is free?

My experience with my grandmas was very, very different.

Closest my grandparents ever came to telling an off color joke was when my grandpa talked about an old bull they had...

Old bull just wasn't getting the job done with all the heifers. Went a couple breeding seasons and he just showed no interest. Grandpa called the vet, who gave the bull some supplement and the result was miraculous. Every heifer in the herd ended up calving the next season. Neighbor farmer asked Grandpa what this supplement was. Grandpa replied: "Hell if I know, but it tasted like chocolate."

I dunno BCC. I can accept him getting pissed and mouthing off to a coach or whatever. It's a game.

But the whole "LOOK AT ME/US AND OUR AMAZING LIVES!!!!" screams either complete insecurity/imposter syndrome or something worse, like narcissism. We get it. You're both successful, rich, put in a ton of work. Got it. I don't need updates.
What are they doing that screams 'look at me'?

They hid it for a month, and in that it lasted longer, of course they're going to support each other. She shows up at a football game, it's going to explode without anyone hinting 'look at me'.

She stays behind the scenes after games. She's literally behind Travis' mother. Travis greets his mother first, then goes to his GF. Literally what damn never every HS and college players do after games.

Are they supposed to avoid each other until a time cameras aren't around to appease you?

Kelce does a podcast...with his brother. It started in September of 2022, long before he met Swift.

When did it become 'look at me'?

If Taylor Swift wanted to go to Chiefs games and not get the attention she is getting, some combination of the NFL, her management team, and her security detail could make that happen. She has every right to not bother with that, but this isn't something that's just happening to her.
Not sure how that's possible, short of just watching on a monitor in some secluded space. Not exactly going to the game.

TV crews hunt down famous people in crowds. Sometimes they're plants, because they're on shows produced by the same company airing the game. It would be hard to not spot Swift because of the security.

Good lord, Travis Kelce stood off stage underneath a scaffolding and cameras found him.

You'd have a point if she was rushing the stages or trying to talk to reporters on the field. She's not. She knows her place in that environment, and to her credit, he's being a good girlfriend.

People tracked her every move before any of this started. There are videos of her tour going in and out of her dressing room in mobile cabinets. If she started showing up randomly at football games, it would get notice, boyfriend or not. If she was just a Chiefs' fan...guess what...the cameras would still be on her six to seven times a game.

Think Jack Nicholson. Think Spike Lee. They aren't dating players. They aren't asking for attention.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
I think it's b/c of her performative abilities.

And her ability to dance in minimal clothing while remaining somewhat relateable.

But being tall is pretty awesome. Most tall people are awesome. Smart too. Good looking. Real go getters.
If we ever meet in the wild, the chorizo nachos with pickled onions are on me, my friend!

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Not sure how that's possible, short of just watching on a monitor in some secluded space. Not exactly going to the game.

TV crews hunt down famous people in crowds. Sometimes they're plants, because they're on shows produced by the same company airing the game. It would be hard to not spot Swift because of the security.

Good lord, Travis Kelce stood off stage underneath a scaffolding and cameras found him.

You'd have a point if she was rushing the stages or trying to talk to reporters on the field. She's not. She knows her place in that environment, and to her credit, he's being a good girlfriend.

People tracked her every move before any of this started. There are videos of her tour going in and out of her dressing room in mobile cabinets. If she started showing up randomly at football games, it would get notice, boyfriend or not. If she was just a Chiefs' fan...guess what...the cameras would still be on her six to seven times a game.

Think Jack Nicholson. Think Spike Lee. They aren't dating players. They aren't asking for attention.
I wondered why she wasn’t on stage with him after like Brittany. I’m glad she wasn’t , as that would have been criticized too.

It’s ruined my life
It's ruining my attention span. But it's sooooo ****ing conventient for anything where you have to wait around for 5-15 mins. Oh sure, I could bring a book everywhere but where am I going to put it.

In my man purse? Then what will people think of me? Which makes me think "who cares, you're just as bad as the social media whores now."

It's ruining my attention span. But it's sooooo ****ing conventient for anything where you have to wait around for 5-15 mins. Oh sure, I could bring a book everywhere but where am I going to put it.

In my man purse? Then what will people think of me? Which makes me think "who cares, you're just as bad as the social media whores now."

I was a voracious reader. And I mean that. A book a week at least. For years and years and years. I couldn’t tell you the last book I’ve read

I was a voracious reader. And I mean that. A book a week at least. For years and years and years. I couldn’t tell you the last book I’ve read
Why? I can’t remember a time since I learned to read that I wasn’t in the middle of at least one and usually two or three books. And know which one is on deck. You should get back to it. Mimic it for your minion. Lord knows he could use something to give you both some quiet time.

You need darkness to hide the age.
they have this thing in my neighborhood called parties at the park. it was actually on a street not a park but whatever. anyway the one bar/restaurant had one of htose garage type doors that opened up. it was always around 6:30 in the evening and the second the staff would go to open that door all the old coug vampires would race to the back of the bar to avoid that sun gettin em

Mimic it for your minion. Lord knows he could use something to give you both some quiet time.
i know. i need to. and i've been saying it for years. i just flip channels like a zombie now. i also work all the time. responding to messages on whatsapp on my cell. firing off emails etc. on my cell or laptop. so i'm just constantly on a device with the tv in the background. almost all my waking hours. it's pretty awful really

Why? I can’t remember a time since I learned to read that I wasn’t in the middle of at least one and usually two or three books. And know which one is on deck. You should get back to it. Mimic it for your minion. Lord knows he could use something to give you both some quiet time.
on sort of a serious note in what's become a fun thread i do feel like my attention span has declined - presumably as a result. all of my business is on email, text messages, and whatsapp, so i'm on devices all day and evening seven days a week. i have my work whatsapp up. three message groups up. click on here and a a few other places. flip channels incessantly. even assuming cosmic wasn't hyper partisan i'd immediately scroll past anything he posts bc it's too long. it can't be good for our brains and the kids are doing the same with their message groups, snap, instragram, tik tok, etc.

Lol. Maybe you should listen to his podcast. Maybe you should learn the story behind why he does that. Maybe you shouldn’t judge someone when they have just won a gigantic football game? But no, I’m sure you know all about him from watching ONE football game. Oh and interesting that you call him an abuser because you saw him push his coach in the heat of the battle, but constantly make excuses for another KNOWN and PROVEN abuser, isn’t it?
I see your problem - you spend your time on stupid shit like Kelce podcasts and The Bachelor.

Sorry I gave you more credit before.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
And coaches being held back too. Thinking and calling someone an abuser because they got mad in the heat of the battle? Just silly. I am glad he apologized, ( wonder how many of these same people were huge Bob Knight fans)
You weren't?

That would explain a lot.

I realize these are from his college days (and we all probably have things from our college days we wouldn't be proud of today), but these tweets are really something else.
lmao Yeah, a real intellectual. No wonder he thinks Taylor is a genius.

"Indeed, Kelce did not play for an entire season of college football, 13 years ago, due to a violation of team rules, which was later revealed to be failing to pass a drug test by testing positive for marijuana.

So, with all the time in the world on his hands, the eight-time Pro Bowler tweeted on the first day of the second month that year: 'NAP TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'"

Yeah...in Indy, that's typically what they would do.

When I moved to Dallas, they would always put some Messi-like Mexican kid back there that more often than not would run the whole length of the field willy-nilly doing whatever they pleased. :D
When I coached my daughter's U12 soccer team, we had a Mexican kid who was OK, but not great. But he had a younger brother who should have been on a U10 team but the parents didn't want them on 2 teams, so they played him on mine.

This little shit could do things with the ball that I'd never seen. And fast. First game, I put him in goal, because he was the only one who got the position and I didn't want him to wear out the 2nd half. I put him at midfield the second half and just tore up the other team - they couldn't stop him.

He eventually played HS soccer for Kokomo and was good, but never duplicated his dominance when he was younger.

Delco had a bunch of foreign guys working there and they would come and scrimmage with their kids. I was always amazed how effortless they were.

Last edited:
on sort of a serious note in what's become a fun thread i do feel like my attention span has declined - presumably as a result. all of my business is on email, text messages, and whatsapp, so i'm on devices all day and evening seven days a week. i have my work whatsapp up. three message groups up. click on here and a a few other places. flip channels incessantly. even assuming cosmic wasn't hyper partisan i'd immediately scroll past anything he posts bc it's too long. it can't be good for our brains and the kids are doing the same with their message groups, snap, instragram, tik tok, etc.
Sensory overload.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT