ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fans showing there stupidity.....

RL is not overrated. Anybody who knows even a smidgen about the game and Romeo’s place in it understands that. He has some holes in his game right now for sure, but he’s a great talent already who will get better and better over time. These juvenile chants are as bush league as you can get. Painter is a real chicken shit for not grabbing the microphone and telling them to shut the hell up.

If he did nothing about the crowd chanting "pussy...pussy...pussy" at Earl Calloway when he hurt his shoulder (I was there), he isn't going to stop any of the other chants in there.

Reactions: MG80
Yelling over rated when they are playing a team that's not deserving of the ranking they currently hold.. and has lost their three last games.... and they are playing on Purdue's home court!!!

What does that say about your team Purdue!!!!
So, if IU doesn't deserve their current ranking, would you say they are "overrated?"

IU fans do not chant that in a game, yet alone every game. Purdue is the lowest level of classless. Purdue has an embarraasing fanbase. PU fans rooted for the Communist Soviet Union to beat IU.
To be fair, the USSR never wore those corny pants.

Reactions: Amateur Scout
To be fair, the USSR never wore those corny pants.

C’mon dude. Purdue has a mascot that looks like an absolute creep. It’s like something from a pedophile lineup.

The fact people even let their kids near that creature is disturbing and sends a sick message.

18j5ehpfznqb4jpg.jpg

You cannot tell me this does not look creepy?

A foul is defined by a rule. The rules are at times not followed or observed correctly.

If Carsen gets the same treatment in TAH and sits the first half due to a couple of bs calls, I will be the first to call it what it is. I'll take it because it happened to RL, but will admit the truth.
Dude... the calls that had him sitting the first half were not BS. Especially not the charge call. That would be called everywhere every time.

Steals “his recruits?”

That’s rich. Those kids, albeit 1 single guy, gave Purdue a single consideration. That falls in Painter as a recruiter. And, yes, that is part of being a complete coach.
Ok, poor choice of words. Didn't mean for them to sound like they belonged to Painter. Just that Painter is good at eyeing talent at a young age and expresses interest early. Usually there's mutual interest until Izzo offers late their senior year. It happens a lot. I know you guys are going to say that is "whining" but it's just a statement of events that has played out multiple times.

Dude... the calls that had him sitting the first half were not BS. Especially not the charge call. That would be called everywhere every time.

On your next birthday Ask someone for a rule book. The Eifert kid got a couple that were complete homer calls, and then the Harms flops...lol.

Look Ace, you have gotten far more attention here than you deserve. Troll somewhere else.

Welcome to ignore.

07 January 2019 11:00 AM - 07 January 2019 12:30 PM (UTC-05:00)

Ok, poor choice of words. Didn't mean for them to sound like they belonged to Painter. Just that Painter is good at eyeing talent at a young age and expresses interest early. Usually there's mutual interest until Izzo offers late their senior year. It happens a lot. I know you guys are going to say that is "whining" but it's just a statement of events that has played out multiple times.

Izzo takes some and IU takes the ones they want.

Big 10 games
CE 20.9 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 3.1 apg
RL 18.9 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg
Pretty similar numbers, CE is much better free throw shooter so I give him the nod. RL is freshman and CE is junior and RL is a better freshman than CE was. But hard to argue how you could take RL over CE this year. To be fair I would take Morgan over Happ.
I would take Romeo.

Last edited:
Fans in lots of schools chant things to try to take players out of games. Maybe they making fun of their hair for example. It seems to me the overrated chants, and the tough D, seemed to be effective on Romeo. He had the look and actions of a player full of doubt. It is what it is. Students having fun.

Yelling over rated when they are playing a team that's not deserving of the ranking they currently hold.. and has lost their three last games.... and they are playing on Purdue's home court!!!

What does that say about your team Purdue!!!!
Like we were saying that about IU....it was about Romeo...who is an incredible player that struggled with the Purdue crowd. Mackey is so far superior to ASS HALL.....terrible seating....nice wooden bleachers...

Fans in lots of schools chant things to try to take players out of games. Maybe they making fun of their hair for example. It seems to me the overrated chants, and the tough D, seemed to be effective on Romeo. He had the look and actions of a player full of doubt. It is what it is. Students having fun.
Remember PU has to visit IU.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
On your next birthday Ask someone for a rule book. The Eifert kid got a couple that were complete homer calls, and then the Harms flops...lol.

Look Ace, you have gotten far more attention here than you deserve. Troll somewhere else.

Welcome to ignore.

07 January 2019 11:00 AM - 07 January 2019 12:30 PM (UTC-05:00)
Again, I think you need to re-watch the game. The Eifert charge was 100% legit on Langford and Haarms flops? The dude is really skinny so it's not hard to knock him over. If you think that's a flop then you don't pay attention to basketball. Ignore me if you want, I don't give a rats ass. That won't change the fact that you are flat our wrong on this matter.

Wanna bet? Oh, wait...not your proudest moment.

The IU pu rivalry is driven 75% by you pukes. That vulgar tin can of yours was in it's usual IU-obsessed purple rage booing even the most obvious of calls. Great to hear some of the IU sucks chants broken up a bit by court...sense..(spit tabackey)...sucks!!

Congrats on your national championship today and some of your players getting some expose on the big stage IU delivers.
nobody said court sense sucks. lol

Reactions: Courtsensethree
Carsen size

I stood right by Carsen after the Charleston Classic and he is every bit of 6 foot. Not that it matters, just that it is so strange when you see the guys down there playing, and you actually stand right next to them. Someone that is 6' 9 looks like a giant when you stand next to them, on the floor they look a bit above average.

I agree Romeo will be a high draft, mostly on potential, he has what it takes. Carsen with the size factor, I am not so sure, if he had a couple more inches on him first round for sure.
i think you are counting his hair

Reactions: beenther1s
We are snowed in today so no church. Kind of bored. Your post reminded me that when IU blew out Purdue by 50 some years ago when Zeller was there, didn't they yell IU Sucks? It does show somewhat of a little brother complex.
i kinda figured god would part the snow for you to get to church. you know, like that moses fella and the red sea?

Just a follow up from a previous discussion in this thread - Kentucky's top rivals in basketball are Louisville, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Florida, and Tennessee. One frequent poster on these boards has spent a lifetime on here, gbi, twitter, and elsewhere obsessing over anything and everything Purdue related and now claims that Kentucky is a bigger rival to iu than Purdue. Hmmm...I understand his obsession causes him to frequently make irrational and illogical statements but clearly iu's biggest rival can't be a team who doesn't list you in their top 6 of rival teams. That would be akin to Ball State saying their biggest rival is Duke.

Just a follow up from a previous discussion in this thread - Kentucky's top rivals in basketball are Louisville, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Florida, and Tennessee. One frequent poster on these boards has spent a lifetime on here, gbi, twitter, and elsewhere obsessing over anything and everything Purdue related and now claims that Kentucky is a bigger rival to iu than Purdue. Hmmm...I understand his obsession causes him to frequently make irrational and illogical statements but clearly iu's biggest rival can't be a team who doesn't list you in their top 6 of rival teams. That would be akin to Ball State saying their biggest rival is Duke.
IU had a 40+ year rivalry game with UK. IU and Louisville are UK's rivals. Calipari being a cry-baby doesn't change anything, and the series will start back up at some point.

IU and UK are blue bloods, PU is not. A PU coach can keep his job no matter what his record as long as he beats IU at Mackey. PU does not have much of an identity outside of IU, not the same for IU.

Reactions: ufo33
Maybe developing some court sense, or even cultivating a love for beer, would make things better? Where did you coach, and at what level?
high school. san francisco and bay area, north carolina, pittsburgh. now coaching only my 2 children who are 5 and 7. still working my way up. don't worry though, help is on the way. my son has verballed to indiana, class of 2029!

Reactions: mathboy
I suppose I am a little like Jesus. I was able to walk on the water. It was frozen water, but still water. LoL Glad I didn't hurt my back too badly. The snow blower wouldn't work and I had to shovel the driveway.
i though you had a little more pull with the man upstairs

high school. san francisco and bay area, north carolina, pittsburgh. now coaching only my 2 children who are 5 and 7. still working my way up. don't worry though, help is on the way. my son has verballed to indiana, class of 2029!
Spent a lot of my days in the Bay Area, as my name reveals one of my alma maters. Where did you coach?

Anyone who was paying attention saw what happened at the game and Purdue fans were thankful and appreciative.

The “beer obsession” is because you post at GBI as “Love4beer”. The mods confirmed it. You’ve posted here under that name, too. The more you post the more fun we have especially when you talk attendance or academics or ethics. So please don’t be a stranger!

"IU SUCKS. IU SUCKS". Odd way of showing that "appreciation". This while the huge IU sucks was carved in the snow and blasted all over Twitter and web sites. Rather embarassing series of events for you fine folks. Stay classy beer boy.

Spent a lot of my days in the Bay Area, as my name reveals one of my alma maters. Where did you coach?
i don't know if i want to reveal all of those but i did work a couple of lou campanelli's summer camps. back then, you stayed in the dorm with the campers for the week. i remember with all the drill stations, there wasn't a single shooting technique lesson for the whole week. i was confounded because as you can imagine, almost every kid needed work. half of the coaches were campanelli staffers, just going thru the motions. i made an announcement that i would be foregoing lunch hour and conducting a shooting seminar if any camper wanted to come. the first day only 4 showed up. by the end of the week i had 30. wasn't trying to curry favor, just was that enthusiastic and hated to see kids going home still unable to shoot a ball.

at the end of the week campanelli's top assistant said lou wanted to meet me. keep in mind we had only seen him for about 10 minutes on the first day. so he takes me to his office, introduce me, and leaves, closing the door. for 15 minutes campanelli talks to me, asking me questions. i was an cocky, smart-ass, nervous as hell 25 year old jv coach. a real bad combination. much later, i figured it was likely an interview for a g.a. spot as he was losing 2 assistants that season. one to become head coach of the banana slugs. here's where i really wish i had a mentor as i denigrated the coaching ability of my boss, a 23 year old head coach at campolindo. he was terrible. always teaching fundamentals incorrectly and mostly just rolling a ball on the floor and telling them to play during practice. still, lou was old school and i probably blew it. if only i had been mented by someone i would not be the drunken pauper i am today

"IU SUCKS. IU SUCKS". Odd way of showing that "appreciation". This while the huge IU sucks was carved in the snow and blasted all over Twitter and web sites. Rather embarassing series of events for you fine folks. Stay classy beer boy.
PU fans celebrate and post their classless anti-IU chant on Social Media.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT