ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fans showing there stupidity.....

Yes, one bad loss. Congrats it happens, even to Izzo and now as of last year a #1 goes down to a 16. The only other time Purdue has lost to a low seed early was again, when Hummel was out with an injury and Barlow was kicked off the team just prior to the tournament. Interestingly VCU made it to the final four.

You're saying a coach that just took a senior class full of 3* players and won 30 games is a bad coach? Wow.

tenor.gif

I think IU’s fans may be a close 2nd place on the subject of “knowledge.”

After all, this is the very group that believes the basketball program is something magical when 25 years of terrible, mid tier play refute that. The program has been an also-ran for a quarter of a century. Clearly a step-child to Michigan State, Wisconsin and OSU during this time.

It’s actually amazing the amount of fanaticism that the program gets when it’s really a one-way street. The program doesn’t return the favor.

Not only that, in the last 5 yrs even Purdue has been better than us. That is why it is so sad. Archie may turn out to be a great coach but his hire demonstrated that we were willing to start over. We couldn’t even get a proven power 5 coach. Sad.

Regardless of how IU posters on this board feels about Purdue fans, players, coaches , etc... , Purdue deserves credit for how they absolutely outplayed IU in every way imaginable. They wanted to win more. They play harder, more physical, tougher, more heart. It doesn’t seem to matter if we beat Painter in a recruiting battle because he gets his kids to play hard. They certainly have been wearing IU out to awhile now.

Too much whining by IU fans. Carsen is this, Harms is that, Painter did this, officiating was poor, our players were getting mugged. IU needs to toughen up. Absolutely an embarrassing performance today. Give credit to Purdue who was a far superior team.

Hopefully IU can dig deep and find some way to compete in its next outing.

Well said Falky.

He’s a mediocre coach. He’s not great. Not terrible. He’s not snake bitten. He just is not elite. Neither is IU. Both schools used to slug it out regularly for the top 2 spots in the conference. They are riding back seat now. Hell, IU is in the trunk. Michigan State and Wisconsin have been the benchmarks for consistency in the conference over 20 seasons of basketball.

Don’t even mention Izzo’s name with Painter because you sound foolish. Painter would be lucky to carry the guy’s clipboard.

You are on the right board, though, I’ll give you that. All about excuses and fooling yourself that he’s better than he is. Just like these folks waiting to see greatness from Archie.

Ain’t happening, my friend.
Sorry but you're clueless. Whenever Painter and Izzo has had similar talent, Painter typically wins. Izzo steals Painters recruits left and right. Recruiting is where Izzo has the biggest benefit. Painter definitely needs to figure that one out.

It must be tough to try to drum up that "us against the world" mentality when most of the country doesn't care about you, and doesn't even know where you are located. :rolleyes:
No it's mostly about IU people's delusion of grandeur. It's nice to see that you're willing to testify as to what the rest of the country does or does not think. Like you even know, lol.

Last edited:
Yelling over rated when they are playing a team that's not deserving of the ranking they currently hold.. and has lost their three last games.... and they are playing on Purdue's home court!!!

What does that say about your team Purdue!!!!
We are snowed in today so no church. Kind of bored. Your post reminded me that when IU blew out Purdue by 50 some years ago when Zeller was there, didn't they yell IU Sucks? It does show somewhat of a little brother complex.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
You are the one who said that people feel hatred for the broilees, when apathy would be much more accurate, then tried to say it was all about IU's delusions.

Let me guess, Dumbass?
Sorry that my vague first post made you think I was referring to the entire world. Apparently though now that I've spelled it out in the last few posts that I was referring to IU fans and you still don't get that says a lot.

Sorry that my vague first post made you think I was referring to the entire world. Apparently though now that I've spelled it out in the last few posts that I was referring to IU fans and you still don't get that says a lot.

Actually, nothing you have posted says anything at all...other than you are giddy over beating IU.

Don't you guys have your own board?

While PU students were writing IU SUCKS in the snow and posting it everywhere, IU was rocking #TylerStrong warm ups as PU fans chanted IU SUCKS at them.

Kinda sums things up.
They were chanting “Love4beer Sucks!”, but they applauded the “TylerStrong” shirts.

They were right on both accounts, don’t you think?

They were chanting “Love4beer Sucks!”, but they applauded the “TylerStrong” shirts.

They were right on both accounts, don’t you think?

Saw no evidence of the applause, hope some of the adults did. No idea on your beer obsession.

Wow, that makes last night's performance ieven more concerning.
For you, sure. I went back and watched the first few minutes of the game and had to laugh that you thought Langford's fouls were BS. Eifert didn't even have to move when he took the charge. Romeo drove right into him.

While PU students were writing IU SUCKS in the snow and posting it everywhere, IU was rocking #TylerStrong warm ups as PU fans chanted IU SUCKS at them.

Kinda sums things up.
Sad thing is this Tyler kid might join them. On a serious note. I did like how IU did that. It showed a lot of class. I suspect Archie had something to do with it.

Reactions: mathboy
Sad thing is this Tyler kid might join them. On a serious note. I did like how IU did that. It showed a lot of class. I suspect Archie had something to do with it.

It was not surprising at all that they did this. Pretty embarassing sequence of events for PU. I know Mitch and I suspect he isn't happy.

Saw no evidence of the applause, hope some of the adults did. No idea on your beer obsession.
Anyone who was paying attention saw what happened at the game and Purdue fans were thankful and appreciative.

The “beer obsession” is because you post at GBI as “Love4beer”. The mods confirmed it. You’ve posted here under that name, too. The more you post the more fun we have especially when you talk attendance or academics or ethics. So please don’t be a stranger!

Reactions: mathboy
Regardless of how IU posters on this board feels about Purdue fans, players, coaches , etc... , Purdue deserves credit for how they absolutely outplayed IU in every way imaginable. They wanted to win more. They play harder, more physical, tougher, more heart. It doesn’t seem to matter if we beat Painter in a recruiting battle because he gets his kids to play hard. They certainly have been wearing IU out to awhile now.

Too much whining by IU fans. Carsen is this, Harms is that, Painter did this, officiating was poor, our players were getting mugged. IU needs to toughen up. Absolutely an embarrassing performance today. Give credit to Purdue who was a far superior team.

Hopefully IU can dig deep and find some way to compete in its next outing.[/QUOTE3*
A team of shooters beat a team of non-shooters. Thanks Crean.

Who cares. I stopped reading at first post.
It was a chant.... By early 20 somethings...Its not like they went full malice in the palace on us.
Truth be told we'll probably treat them worse when they show up at the hall.
Incorrect. PU is far more classless in their chants against IU every game, even when they dont play IU. It just makes PU look obsessed and ldiotic.

Sorry but you're clueless. Whenever Painter and Izzo has had similar talent, Painter typically wins. Izzo steals Painters recruits left and right. Recruiting is where Izzo has the biggest benefit. Painter definitely needs to figure that one out.
Thinks Painter is in Izzo's league, LOL

Least knowledgeable fans in the BIG by a wide margin.
Very similar to the IU fan base, there will be good and bad. Listen to any fan base when they play against IU at Assembly Hall, IU get’s all of the calls. It’s really not much different than playing on the road anywhere else, you simply have to outplay the refs to get a road win. This IU team just doesn’t seem to play hard for 40 minutes and is limited offensively. When you combine the limited offense with not playing hard on D, the results, especially on the road, won’t be good when the conference is solid throughout.

Beaten on? BS fouls? And we're the dumb fan base...

Did you watch the game? Do you know the rules? Can you gather a shred of objectivity?

Kid got he hell beaten out of him. Now, I am the first to say that he responded poorly. Very soft.
I’ve learned over the years a foul is only what the refs call. You can b#%!h about it, or adjust to how the game is called when it doesn’t go your way. Edwards was fouled several time also though not called by the refs. That’s where mental toughness come into play. This is not the game that was played 25 years ago. It’s much more physical as the players are stronger and faster.

I’ve learned over the years a foul is only what the refs call. You can b#%!h about it, or adjust to how the game is called when it doesn’t go your way. Edwards was fouled several time also though not called by the refs. That’s where mental toughness come into play. This is not the game that was played 25 years ago. It’s much more physical as the players are stronger and faster.

A foul is defined by a rule. The rules are at times not followed or observed correctly.

If Carsen gets the same treatment in TAH and sits the first half due to a couple of bs calls, I will be the first to call it what it is. I'll take it because it happened to RL, but will admit the truth.

What did the PU fans say that isn’t 100% true?

They are dumb, but over rated is spot on.
RL is not overrated. Anybody who knows even a smidgen about the game and Romeo’s place in it understands that. He has some holes in his game right now for sure, but he’s a great talent already who will get better and better over time. These juvenile chants are as bush league as you can get. Painter is a real chicken shit for not grabbing the microphone and telling them to shut the hell up.

A foul is defined by a rule. The rules are at times not followed or observed correctly.

If Carsen gets the same treatment in TAH and sits the first half due to a couple of bs calls, I will be the first to call it what it is. I'll take it because it happened to RL, but will admit the truth.
Not disputing the rules, simply saying you can lose the game complaining or adjust. It happens to all teams on the road.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Well you have to remember that Romeo has been averaging 21 ppg in the B1G and you can’t use this one game as a fair comparison. Besides, Romeo is just a freshman.

Big 10 games
CE 20.9 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 3.1 apg
RL 18.9 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg
Pretty similar numbers, CE is much better free throw shooter so I give him the nod. RL is freshman and CE is junior and RL is a better freshman than CE was. But hard to argue how you could take RL over CE this year. To be fair I would take Morgan over Happ.

Steals “his recruits?”

That’s rich. Those kids, albeit 1 single guy, gave Purdue a single consideration. That falls in Painter as a recruiter. And, yes, that is part of being a complete coach.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Steals “his recruits?”

That’s rich. Those kids, albeit 1 single guy, gave Purdue a single consideration. That falls in Painter as a recruiter. And, yes, that is part of being a complete coach.

Damn, if they whine about Izzo stealing his recruits, what must they say about IU coaches over the years...dayuum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT