ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fans showing there stupidity.....

Iu is not even in Kentucky’s top 5 of rivals. The crowd at Mackey today was good but it’s been way louder for games the last few years against MSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin. I wish Purdue would promote another school as its top rival as this one has lost its luster. Not really a rivalry anymore.
You think PU is at the same level as those schools? LOL! Purdue hasn't been to a FF since 1980, Painter has never made it past the Sweet 16, Painter sucks at recruiting, and Painter's resume is worse than Crean's: you're delusional! PU will never win a National Championship.

A Crean IU team beat UK in the NCAA's in the last IU/UK game. I don't think PU has ever been at UK's level.

Least knowledgeable fans in the BIG by a wide margin.

Impossible. Anyone from the state of Indiana who’s into basketball automatically possesses a Mensa equivalency in basketball knowledge.

I’m not saying there aren’t exceptions to the rule, but I am saying that if you think the core base of fans at Nebraska, Rutgers, Penn State, Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin know more, you’re only insulting the state’s reputation. So thanks for that.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Yelling over rated when they are playing a team that's not deserving of the ranking they currently hold.. and has lost their three last games.... and they are playing on Purdue's home court!!!

What does that say about your team Purdue!!!!
Don’t worry. Purdoo will gets theirs! They always doo!

Yelling over rated when they are playing a team that's not deserving of the ranking they currently hold.. and has lost their three last games.... and they are playing on Purdue's home court!!!

Well, "there" should be "their" and you just wrote that IU is overrated in the text of your comment.

Just as classy as IU fans calling Purdue coeds fat and ugly.

some of them are not fat.

Reactions: hondo314
Serious question...
Does it really matter if Purdue fans are "good with" Painter?

Were IU fans "good with" Crean? Sampson? Clearly, some are not "good with" Archie.

It doesn't really matter. It is what it is, and will be what it will be. In the long run I hope Archie builds the IU program like Painter has built Purdue... with quality young men who grow, get better, make their fans proud, win a lot of games, and put themselves in a position to have success in the tournament.
We certainly took your team to school today, didn’t we? Again. And again. And again.

How come you haven’t come over to GBI, Love4beer? Our mods already outed you, and everyone here knows you’ve posted here under that name, too, so why not stop by and talk some hoops?

By the way, almost no IU fans in Mackey today, and the ones who showed up were quiet and compliant. There will be a few thousand in Gold and Black in Assembly Hall when we meet next, especially if there continue to be thousands of empty seats from the larger and larger number of disgruntled fans. Not the 20,000 who were in the BirdPoop Bowl in November when we kept the Bucket, but there will be many. Following a loser is tough, so we’ll have plenty of tickets to choose from.

Love4beer Sucks! NIT or bust - maybe / hopefully!

Ladies and gentlemen......Purdue Peter!!!!

Man, you are insufferable. I assume the fan base of iu is even sick of your incoherent spats. IU is actually a very strong academic school in many studies, yet I feel, you didn’t get a degree from any of them.

As I said, you get what you give. That hasn't changed in 20 years on these boards. Make your choice.

Man, you are insufferable. I assume the fan base of iu is even sick of your incoherent spats. IU is actually a very strong academic school in many studies, yet I feel, you didn’t get a degree from any of them.

As I said, you get what you give. That hasn't changed in 20 years on these boards. Make your choice.

I know I am usually right, but damn, incoherent you are.

Wait!

“Did you get a degree at IU?”

Don’t be so triggered.

Iu is not even in Kentucky’s top 5 of rivals. The crowd at Mackey today was good but it’s been way louder for games the last few years against MSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin. I wish Purdue would promote another school as its top rival as this one has lost its luster. Not really a rivalry anymore.

Wanna bet? Oh, wait...not your proudest moment.

The IU pu rivalry is driven 75% by you pukes. That vulgar tin can of yours was in it's usual IU-obsessed purple rage booing even the most obvious of calls. Great to hear some of the IU sucks chants broken up a bit by court...sense..(spit tabackey)...sucks!!

Congrats on your national championship today and some of your players getting some expose on the big stage IU delivers.

But I was told Romeo would be a LEGEND after one year by dozens of posters on here.

And I was told it was disrespectful to Romeo to compare him to Eric Gordon. The same guy who led the Big Ten in scoring. I was told that’s a criticism of Romeo’s talent.

What are you talking about, PUke? My point was that they were chanting "Over-rated" when RL had a shot blocked, not at the IU team...IMHO.

Kind of like you are doing here.

Carsen size

I stood right by Carsen after the Charleston Classic and he is every bit of 6 foot. Not that it matters, just that it is so strange when you see the guys down there playing, and you actually stand right next to them. Someone that is 6' 9 looks like a giant when you stand next to them, on the floor they look a bit above average.

I agree Romeo will be a high draft, mostly on potential, he has what it takes. Carsen with the size factor, I am not so sure, if he had a couple more inches on him first round for sure.

Honestly, I’ll never understand how people get drafted. I see Romeo is talented, but production wise I don’t see how he can be a top talent. I see it every year, where talented kids get drafted high yet flame out in the NBA. All I see is the production Carsen actually got today.
Producing in college is a lot different than in the NBA.

He responded very poorly to the two bs fouls and then getting beaten on. Look at his free throw stroke today. He was completely blown out by the two quick calls initially then the physical beating he took.

He wasn't ready or tough enough for what he was dealt.
Beaten on? BS fouls? And we're the dumb fan base...

Look at the data. You forgot a program during this time.

(Purdue)

lol

Nah....I was only considering elite conference programs who actually did something in the post season. Even during this time stretch, Purdue saw the Gene Keady flame-out. It was so bad that even Mike Davis owned him.

I’m talking about programs that were consistent and were an actual threat to do something in the tourney. Purdue is a joke in the NCAAs. You guys can even acknowledge that.

The others I mentioned advanced to Final Fours. Purdue always lays a huge turd in the tourney. It’s their identity.

Last edited:
Nah....I was only considering elite conference programs who actually did something in the post season. Even during this time stretch, Purdue saw the Gene Keady flame-out. It was so bad that even Mike Davis owned him.

I’m tailing about programs that were consistent and were an actual threat to do something in the tourney. Purdue is a joke in the NCAAs. You guys can even acknowledge that.

The others I men tended advanced to Final Fours.
Considering Purdue's 3 best teams that had a chance to do anything in the tourney in the last decade or so had major injuries to key players, it's hard to say what could of been. But yes, Purdue hasn't been stellar once in the S16.

Impossible. Anyone from the state of Indiana who’s into basketball automatically possesses a Mensa equivalency in basketball knowledge.

I’m not saying there aren’t exceptions to the rule, but I am saying that if you think the core base of fans at Nebraska, Rutgers, Penn State, Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin know more, you’re only insulting the state’s reputation. So thanks for that.

Michigan, Michigan St and Wisconsin has done more in the postseason in the last 15 years than IU or Purdon’t.

There is one thing that doesn’t take much knowledge to realize:

Those schools win with the marbles on the line. It makes basketball “supremacy” in this state look like a complete joke.

Hell - Butler has been a bigger name the past decade than IU or Purdoo. They certainly are more in the National viewers mind. Why? They’ve actually accomplished some things lately.

I didn’t respond to answer your question about what college students cheer at a college basketball game.

College kids will do and say what college kids do. No student section is more or less classy than the other (less Maryland).

However, it is funny you really think the baseline for IU basketball “super bowl”is the final four.

Honestly I dislike your football team (ND) more than IU basketball.

It was just fun poking over here for a second.

I think we will have another fun battle on the court soon!
Their triggered by college student chants. SAD!

Considering Purdue's 3 best teams that had a chance to do anything in the tourney in the last decade or so had major injuries to key players, it's hard to say what could of been. But yes, Purdue hasn't been stellar once in the S16.

I don’t buy that as an excuse but you are entitled to it. They simply have a history of flaming out in post season. Whereas......coaches like Izzy and Bo Ryan became the new breed of top shelf coaches. Painter isn’t even on that level.

I don’t buy that as an excuse but you are entitled to it. They simply have a history of flaming out in post season. Whereas......coaches like Izzy and Bo Ryan became the new breed of top shelf coaches. Painter isn’t even on that level.
What team do you know of from Purdue that was expected to go beyond the S16 and remained whole while going into the tournament? Our 3 best chances were Hummel's Junior and Senior years where he was out with knee injuries and last year with Haas getting injured. You can call it excuses or whatever you want, but it's reality. Painter's best teams have been snake bit. Outside of that, they have typically over achieved if you look at Purdue's typical seed and who they eventually lost to in the tournament. (Under Painter)

After 14 years, any excuses waived bye bye a long time ago. Not to mention that PU never does anything in the NCAA's.

Beaten on? BS fouls? And we're the dumb fan base...

Did you watch the game? Do you know the rules? Can you gather a shred of objectivity?

Kid got he hell beaten out of him. Now, I am the first to say that he responded poorly. Very soft.

What team do you know of from Purdue that was expected to go beyond the S16 and remained whole while going into the tournament? Our 3 best chances were Hummel's Junior and Senior years where he was out with knee injuries and last year with Haas getting injured. You can call it excuses or whatever you want, but it's reality. Painter's best teams have been snake bit. Outside of that, they have typically over achieved if you look at Purdue's typical seed and who they eventually lost to in the tournament. (Under Painter)

Look Ace, you are on the wrong board at the wrong time to be sobbing about injuries.

Did you watch the game? Do you know the rules? Can you gather a shred of objectivity?

Kid got he hell beaten out of him. Now, I am the first to say that he responded poorly. Very soft.
Yes, Yes and Yes. Look I understand some calls get missed. It happens. But he didn't get beat on as you say. And his two fouls were legit.

Reactions: 02boiler
Yes, Yes and Yes. Look I understand some calls get missed. It happens. But he didn't get beat on as you say. And his two fouls were legit.

You say "yes yes and yes" and then demonstrate otherwise. Just say you are happy to win and walk away.

They were my freshman year when a Brian Cardinal team fell short to make the Final 4 against Wisky...beat them twice that year...3rd time was the charm

2016 - Had Haas and Swannigan. Ended up 3rd in the Big Ten. 4th seed in the tourney and lost to Little Rock?

Is that the same as snake bit?

That’s just bad coaching.

If Painter was any place else that demanded excellence, he’d be gone.
I actually like Painter, his demeanor.
He’s just a very average coach.

2016 - Had Haas and Swannigan. Ended up 3rd in the Big Ten. 4th seed in the tourney and lost to Little Rock?

Is that the same as snake bit?

That’s just bad coaching.

If Painter was any place else that demanded excellence, he’d be gone.
I actually like Painter, his demeanor.
He’s just a very average coach.
Yes, one bad loss. Congrats it happens, even to Izzo and now as of last year a #1 goes down to a 16. The only other time Purdue has lost to a low seed early was again, when Hummel was out with an injury and Barlow was kicked off the team just prior to the tournament. Interestingly VCU made it to the final four.

You're saying a coach that just took a senior class full of 3* players and won 30 games is a bad coach? Wow.

Regardless of how IU posters on this board feels about Purdue fans, players, coaches , etc... , Purdue deserves credit for how they absolutely outplayed IU in every way imaginable. They wanted to win more. They play harder, more physical, tougher, more heart. It doesn’t seem to matter if we beat Painter in a recruiting battle because he gets his kids to play hard. They certainly have been wearing IU out to awhile now.

Too much whining by IU fans. Carsen is this, Harms is that, Painter did this, officiating was poor, our players were getting mugged. IU needs to toughen up. Absolutely an embarrassing performance today. Give credit to Purdue who was a far superior team.

Hopefully IU can dig deep and find some way to compete in its next outing.

Yes, one bad loss. Congrats it happens, even to Izzo and now as of last year a #1 goes down to a 16. The only other time Purdue has lost to a low seed early was again, when Hummel was out with an injury and Barlow was kicked off the team just prior to the tournament. Interestingly VCU made it to the final four.

You're saying a coach that just took a senior class full of 3* players and won 30 games is a bad coach? Wow.
There is a pretty big difference between Izzo and Painter. Izzo has won the big one, been to numerous FF's, and recruited well, while Painter has not.

He’s a mediocre coach. He’s not great. Not terrible. He’s not snake bitten. He just is not elite. Neither is IU. Both schools used to slug it out regularly for the top 2 spots in the conference. They are riding back seat now. Hell, IU is in the trunk. Michigan State and Wisconsin have been the benchmarks for consistency in the conference over 20 seasons of basketball.

Don’t even mention Izzo’s name with Painter because you sound foolish. Painter would be lucky to carry the guy’s clipboard.

You are on the right board, though, I’ll give you that. All about excuses and fooling yourself that he’s better than he is. Just like these folks waiting to see greatness from Archie.

Ain’t happening, my friend.

Who cares. I stopped reading at first post.
It was a chant.... By early 20 somethings...Its not like they went full malice in the palace on us.
Truth be told we'll probably treat them worse when they show up at the hall.

Should be "their" stupidity....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT