ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you!

z_one

Redshirt
Dec 27, 2007
To all my IU friends and family that texted or called me yesterday and congratulated me. I appreciate the class and generosity you showed after all the years of good natured jawing, $5 bets and the BS that flowed like rain on a spring day in May.

To the diehard IU fans on this site that were critical and honest of our team and coaching deficiencies as well as our strengths. I appreciate your insight and especially your recognition that our coaches and team have learned to play well and to do it with class.

To the Aholes, your constant hounding of our players and coaches along with certain members of the media after Purdue's loss to FDU last year taught them that they needed to focus on the job at hand and to tune out the haters. It taught them to pull together and it taught Painter something that I wasn't sure he could do. Change. He did that this year. He listened and adapted. He heard the criticisms(some warranted) and made the changes needed to advance Purdue to the Final Four. Your hatred pushed them to be better and it never let them rest from the constant reminder of that loss.

I have my tickets for the Final 4 that I bought after Purdue beat Illinois at Illinois. That game convinced me that this team had the moxie to make it all the way. Thanks again IU fans, whichever description covers you, you know who you are! GO BOILERS!

You seem to know a lot of IU fans.

I only personally know one PU fan, I’ll congratulate him as he’s plugging in his pedal board tomorrow night. I’m guessing he won’t have a clue what I’m talking about. It’s not like he lives in IN, and I know he’s pretty busy.

Congrats on advancing.

Fairly negative post but I agree that there could be greater civility towards each other. Competition, with sportsmanship, can be good. I worked with a girl who use to pray IU’s plane would crash. Her husband had played for PU. There will always be outliers like this and the anonymity of forums likely worsens comments.

Reactions: z_one
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT