ADVERTISEMENT

It's just a Republican conversation now re Trump, isn't it?

I'm offering a political calculation of reality. It isn't about me...the biggest never-Trumper on here...I'm talking about how you (in general terms) win elections.
The Dems have a wide open runway to offer a fiscally moderate, socially liberal platform for the country, and they could win for the next generation.

But they'll fk it up. And offer the middle 60% of the country nothing but more bad choices. Hope I'm wrong.
This is the point I've been making for a while. Problem is, what constitutes socially liberal and how to make it fiscally moderate? For example, a Tom Perez litmus test on abortion automatically loses a large portion of the middle 60% who otherwise might largely prefer a non-1%er candidate. To me, the key is a serious and effective focus on jobs and the economy for the middle class and below.

Politically speaking, key for Democrats is to avoid the hot-button social issues that Republicans use to lure voters who gain nothing from conservative economic policies.

Last edited:
Not about blame, about moving the country forward at this point. Being mad and trying to convince people they are bad people and cast offs shouldn't be the focus.
Yes, blame is Goat's word and choice of action. The appropriate word is responsibility and the question for honest, self-reflecting Democrats is what responsibility did they not take that led to losing the support of people who flipped to Trump. By then resuming that responsibility, Democrats can move forward.

The Dems have a wide open runway to offer a fiscally moderate, socially liberal platform for the country, and they could win for the next generation.

But they'll fk it up. And offer the middle 60% of the country nothing but more bad choices. Hope I'm wrong.
What is your definition of a fiscally moderate?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT