ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court to decide Trump immunity claim

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Oral argument the week of Apr 22. Decision probably not until late June. It's likely the Court will rule against Trump, but it's looking more likely that he'll be able to run out the clock (his singular goal) and delay the trial until after the election.

Smith asked the Court to decide this issue in December and they punted. Pathetic.

Trump's been credibly accused of trying to disenfranchise millions of voters in the last election. It's critically important that his guilt or innocence be determined before the next one.

Think more.
What cases on the docket should be shoved aside to get to this one in your opinion?

Your perceived importance of a case means nothing. Nada. Zilch.

You are not important.

lol…the amount of time you have wasted posting about Trump. Do yourself a favor and quit worrying about him. It’s a waste of time and exactly what Trump gets off on. He’s not going to jail.
He also won’t have a trial before the election. Friday is March

Reactions: snarlcakes
lol…the amount of time you have wasted posting about Trump. Do yourself a favor and quit worrying about him. It’s a waste of time and exactly what Trump gets off on. He’s not going to jail.
Do yourself a favor and put me on ignore as I'm apparently a trigger for you.

Trump isn't "getting off" on me or anyone these days. Guy looks miserable. The big billionaire doesn't even have the cash for the bond.

Spineless Roberts bowing down to Alito and Thomas once again. This should never have been heard to begin with.
Agreed.

They'll issue their opinion in late June which, in theory, provides enough time for Smith to proceed before November. But Trump will continue to play the delay game with all kinds of motions. Will probably present bullshit First Amendment and/or "election interference" arguments that this gutless SC may actually entertain.

Reactions: Bill4411
That's hardly a "meltdown." But why do you care what she says? She's mostly irrelevant now.
Next you'll be quoting Hillary.
Nan with 70 yrs of swamp and Wall Street connections (repetitive I know), although maybe not be in the spot light (smart) is NEVER irrelevant. Don't let her smooth, charismatic charm and prowess fool you. Pure Saber tooth cougar right there ! Zero doubt. She eats her young if their hair is to long and blond and combed over.

It’s beyond stupid. People apparently don’t understand liquidity. The guy has money tied up in real estate/holdings etc. no surety for that amount and his assets are more than enough to cover the jmdnt.
Beyond stupid indeed.

Of course he has sufficient assets but he doesn't want to touch them.

“In the absence of a stay on the terms herein outlined, properties would likely need to be sold to raise capital under exigent circumstances, and there would be no way to recover any property sold following a successful appeal and no means to recover the resulting financial losses,” Trump’s lawyers said in an appeals court filing. That's why he petitioned to pay only one-fourth of the bond amount. He doesn't have the necessary cash.

Beyond stupid indeed.

Of course he has sufficient assets but he doesn't want to touch them.

“In the absence of a stay on the terms herein outlined, properties would likely need to be sold to raise capital under exigent circumstances, and there would be no way to recover any property sold following a successful appeal and no means to recover the resulting financial losses,” Trump’s lawyers said in an appeals court filing. That's why he petitioned to pay only one-fourth of the bond amount. He doesn't have the necessary cash.
He isn’t liquid. Can’t get a surety for 500 mil. But so what. I’m sure his shit is held in a rev trust that can be attached. If he loses with his two appeals it might be a pain in the ass navigating the trust and god only knows how many llcs but they’ll collect. It’s a nonissue

He isn’t liquid. Can’t get a surety for 500 mil. But so what. I’m sure his shit is held in a rev trust that can be attached. If he loses with his two appeals it might be a pain in the ass navigating the trust and god only knows how many llcs but they’ll collect. It’s a nonissue
We're talking about two different things. See my post #27. I'm talking about the appeals bond. He doesn't have the cash to cover it. And he doesn't want to sell assets to cover it, but he may have no choice.

We're talking about two different things. See my post #27. I'm talking about the appeals bond. He doesn't have the cash to cover it. And he doesn't want to sell assets to cover it, but he may have no choice.
I understand exactly the appeals bond. High net worth people get it with a surety and indemnity agreement. Companies do the same thing. In this case 500 mil is too much for a surety so trump has to come up with the cash which because he isn’t liquid doesn’t happen overnight. Musk probably couldn’t either

I understand exactly the appeals bond. High net worth people get it with a surety and indemnity agreement. Companies do the same thing. In this case 500 mil is too much for a surety so trump has to come up with the cash which because he isn’t liquid doesn’t happen overnight. Musk probably couldn’t either
He'll have to sell assets in the very near future if he's unable to get a cash loan secured by an asset. Or maybe he can turn to JG Wentworth.

Agreed.

They'll issue their opinion in late June which, in theory, provides enough time for Smith to proceed before November. But Trump will continue to play the delay game with all kinds of motions. Will probably present bullshit First Amendment and/or "election interference" arguments that this gutless SC may actually entertain.
Why is the Supreme Court gutless?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT