ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Biden on trial

Doing coke or pretending to do coke?

He never did coke

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

That playlist you just named was pretty much my mix tape on the walkman when I mowed the lawn. Blackout--the most criminally underrated heavy metal song ever--even @BradStevens agrees. A couple of other groups to add were Def Leppard and Guns and Roses (Appetite for Destruction of course). We were huge Def Leppard fans, and On Through the Night, High 'n' Dry and Pyromania were all pretty much standard fare.
I must be a few years older than you. GnR wasn't around yet when I was in HS. Plenty of Def Lep though, before Hysteria.

The scorps were underrated on the whole. Animal Magnetism was the album that got everyone hooked. The cover was what brought reeled everyone in, but the music was great. It was kind of a bridge between the progressive stuff I also liked and the metal that all my buddies listened to while making fun of my love for Rush. (Don't say it @BradStevens )

I must be a few years older than you. GnR wasn't around yet when I was in HS. Plenty of Def Lep though, before Hysteria.

The scorps were underrated on the whole. Animal Magnetism was the album that got everyone hooked. The cover was what brought reeled everyone in, but the music was great. It was kind of a bridge between the progressive stuff I also liked and the metal that all my buddies listened to while making fun of my love for Rush. (Don't say it @BradStevens )
Album Cover GIF

Reactions: hookyIU1990

i graduated in 89, so it think GnR album came out in 87 I think--maybe between sophmore and junior year.

One of my buddies was a huge prog rock guy so we also loved Yes and King Crimson too. By 1989 I was listening to everything--Floyd, metal, classic rock, the beginings of the manchester scene in England. Great time for music-especially rock and roll.

My first CD was Boston's first album, and we had all gone out to buy components and speakers with our summer work money before we went off to school. Then over to Harmony House to buy some CDs.--I only had money left for 1 CD because i splurged a bit and bought these oak JBL speakers that still sound amazing--at least they did about 10 years ago. Definitely miss the component days--the sound was fantastic.

By the way, this makes a great get-to-know-someone question: most embarrassing poster in your room during high school?

@Marvin the Martian , a blow-up of a Civil War reenactment scene?
Huge Steppenwolf LIVE fan. Big poster of the wolf on the cover.

Forget the 'wof's hits - John Kay is a genius and his songs are great.

Everyone has at least one fault

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
i graduated in 89, so it think GnR album came out in 87 I think--maybe between sophmore and junior year.

One of my buddies was a huge prog rock guy so we also loved Yes and King Crimson too. By 1989 I was listening to everything--Floyd, metal, classic rock, the beginings of the manchester scene in England. Great time for music-especially rock and roll.

My first CD was Boston's first album, and we had all gone out to buy components and speakers with our summer work money before we went off to school. Then over to Harmony House to buy some CDs.--I only had money left for 1 CD because i splurged a bit and bought these oak JBL speakers that still sound amazing--at least they did about 10 years ago. Definitely miss the component days--the sound was fantastic.
Yeah, 86 for me. I tell people I'm so old, I started listening to Metallica when they were still good.

Most of my buddies had older brothers and sisters, some of whom graduated in the 1970s. My dad exposed me to a lot of great 60s stuff, and what would have been a gap otherwise was filled by those older siblings of my friends.

The first time I got into my dad's records and found his Hendrix albums...
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

I don't know that I had an embarrassing poster on my wall. I'm sure I did, but too oblivious to care.

I know you and mcmurtry won't believe me, but my HS girlfriend was almost a dead ringer for her - and her name was Denise. Her boobs weren't as big, but very adequate.

She was off the charts on the hot/crazy scale, though. I didn't have much competition because she was definitely crazy. Still is, kinda. But didn't bother me a bit.....

I know you and mcmurtry won't believe me, but my HS girlfriend was almost a dead ringer for her - and her name was Denise. Her boobs weren't as big, but very adequate.

She was off the charts on the hot/crazy scale, though. I didn't have much competition because she was definitely crazy. Still is, kinda. But didn't bother me a bit.....
Richards are fakeees

The Linda Ronstadt footage is the best part of the History of the Eagles documentary. Just perfect.

Totally agree. I don't know if it's still on Netflix, but Echo In The Canyon is a fantastic documentary about all the groups living in Laurel Canyon in the 60s. Narrated by Bob Dylan's son, Jacob Dylan of the Wallflowers - a vastly underrated group themselves, imo.

Some amazing talent out of that time and place.

Totally agree. I don't know if it's still on Netflix, but Echo In The Canyon is a fantastic documentary about all the groups living in Laurel Canyon in the 60s. Narrated by Bob Dylan's son, Jacob Dylan of the Wallflowers - a vastly underrated group themselves, imo.

Some amazing talent out of that time and place.
The only bad part about that doc is Jacob's part of the interviews. He looks like he'd rather not be involved.

Facebook photos, please.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT