ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Biden on trial

Correct. It's become a bullshit MAGA talking point that is repeated at least daily by a poster here.

Hur never said Biden was mentally unfit to stand trial. Such a determination requires a competency evaluation, and it would not preclude a prosecutor from bringing charges.

Daniel Richman, a former federal prosecutor and currently a law professor at Columbia, succinctly addresses the issue:

"The standard for competence to stand trial demands some recollection of events but looks as much to a defendant’s ability to consult with counsel and to understand the proceedings. The DOJ report does not offer the slightest basis for doubting Biden’s competence to stand trial, and in fact shows an interaction with investigators that would make any claim of incompetence frivolous. Hur’s focus on memory was primarily for the purpose of assessing and predicting how a jury would assess the evidence in the case.”
The worst is on the civil side and you have an adult client who needs a gal but doesn’t want one.

and where were you just prior to the crash
at the boat shop
what were you doing at the boat shop
getting my boat repaired
oh you have a boat
no. i don't have a boat

uh oh

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
About "the altered state of mind".

Is this the defense, or is the argument for the defense about Hunter believing he was no longer addicted to alcohol or drugs after having completed an 11 day recovery program. He made this not addicted assertion when filling out a form to purchase a gun ?

Was Hunter lying, or did he actually believe he was no longer addicted ? Any program known to me stresses the idea that addiction is always present and absence is therefore required.

Hard for me to believe Hunter can convince anyone about his defense, if I understand his defense argument correctly.
Unlike a New York jury on Trump, I can not read hunters mind as to what he intended to think. All I know is that I am see they are kicking around that he wasn't in a state of mind to be held responsible to answer that question, SOOO obviously he should be given the gun. duh. (that last part is my addition). All of this from the party "that wants guns out of the hands of the American people".

This argument will surely help prove their case! #snark

Reactions: DANC
Also, let's be honest, does Hunter strike you as the kind of guy to just leave his coke lying around in another room that he's not in?
Not a chance. Bro was going to toot toot all night if that was his. It would have made the secret services job a lot easier if it was his instead of having to deal with all the irresponsible speculation

Reactions: UncleMark
I mean, I'm not one to purposefully be offensive, but, seriously. DSL.

284a4b5f-8afc-4478-90ef-4a10a8670c0f.jpg

It wasn't Hunter's coke. One of my oldest friends is a secret service agent that worked at the white house at that time (prior to that he was with Ivanka and Jared's family). No DNA, No fingerprints, no hair samples, no nothing.
They allowed to talk to anyone about this?

Did Hunter really just get married to a stranger? It would have been a lot easier just to bring one of his prostitutes if wanted company at the trial .

Reactions: DANC
Did Hunter really just get married to a stranger? It would have been a lot easier just to bring one of his prostitutes if wanted company at the trial .
Nah. Let the government pay to bring your prostitutes, as witnesses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT