ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Crime Report Ouy Today

Appreciate your engagement on this. Every interaction a city has with a citizen is unique and presents different dangers and different opportunities. The movement that I've seen hasn't been to take money away from police and send social workers out to deal with potentially violent situations. I think part of the problem is that we've somehow misidentified that every interaction is a highly dangerous situation.

I fully appreciate the danger that police officers face every day, so please don't misconstrue this as minimizing the dangers that they face. The challenge is trying to figure out how to evaluate those interactions appropriately and as human individuals. It's not easy, but it's a challenge worth undertaking.
Yeah, it’s not about minimizing the danger officers face. I posed these issues to a prosecutor friend of mine back in 2020. He’s much more conservative than I am. I have the same inclinations you do.

He said the problem is, at the time of the incident, when it’s called in by whoever it is, the civilians aren’t reliable judges of the potential danger and since the call can be coming from anywhere, it’s not practical to train them. So that challenge might just be unsolvable. Sucks, but makes sense to me.

Reactions: hoosboot
Oh man super hot when we were young.
Tell Pulp Fiction GIF

The problem is the summer of love attacks on cops from Harris and her band of lunatics gave rise to mass resignations and early retirements. Add in Soros DAs and forget it. You want to put your butt on the line for a soros da and a bail project?

It was a shitty job to begin with that not to be a dick but attracted bottom feeder applicants. If they don’t want to do it who will? We could raise their pay significantly and make the qualifications better and possibly get better cops in the process - but i don’t know

Squad politics that first year was a disaster on every front at every level of gov. But remember hoot that’s not Harris anymore. She’s a gun-toten fracker
Interesting that you have a problem with "summer of love" criticisms of cops, but have no problem calling them bottom feeder applicants.

I can't help thinking that it's not just "The Squad" that contributes to low morale in our police. 🤷‍♂️

Interesting that you have a problem with "summer of love" criticisms of cops, but have no problem calling them bottom feeder applicants.

I can't help thinking that it's not just "The Squad" that contributes to low morale in our police. 🤷‍♂️
unrelated. the attack on cops was predicated on a false narrative. it was shameful. qualifications to be a cop in many jurisdictions is a ged. it is indeed a bottom-feeder qualification. it could be elevated to match feds but would take money. cops were proud until the vapid squad politics played the race-baiting game and attacked them

unrelated. the attack on cops was predicated on a false narrative. it was shameful. qualifications to be a cop in many jurisdictions is a ged. it is indeed a bottom-feeder qualification. it could be elevated to match feds but would take money. cops were proud until the vapid squad politics played the race-baiting game and attacked them
I guess keep waxing poetic about police pride while telling them they are bottom-feeders if it makes you feel better. I'm not sure why cops would stop being proud because the squad said bad things about them, but you do you.

Reactions: Bowlmania
I guess keep waxing poetic about police pride while telling them they are bottom-feeders if it makes you feel better. I'm not sure why cops would stop being proud because the squad said bad things about them, but you do you.
It has nothing to do with making me feel better. None of it has anything to do with me. But you’re making it about me is really you getting triggered over squad bs. Per usual. But kudos for almost sticking to content. You couldn’t. But you tried. Back to snipe I guess.

Harris called them murderers. They were attacked nationwide with riots. They were the genesis of riots. Spit on. Vilified. Abused. Defunded. But you’re not sure? You’re not sure of much to be fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa
MM66, noticed in the piece you posted it mentioned a shortage in police officers in St. Louis.

Indianapolis has the same problem in spite of increases in pay and funding for public safety.

Could it be the problem isn't defunding the police?

A more simple explanation may be that being a police officer just isn't a career young adults in larger cities want.

In other words, in the final analysis it really isn't a conservative or liberal thing after all.
Indy has struggled under the last few administrations related to officers. I think the "summer of love" was just a catalyst for what was already going on.

They made some leadership hires and changes that weren't well received by the rank and file.

Reactions: hoosboot
It has nothing to do with making me feel better. None of it has anything to do with me. But you’re making it about me is really you getting triggered over squad bs. Per usual. But kudos for almost sticking to content. You couldn’t. But you tried. Back to snipe I guess.

Harris called them murderers. They were attacked nationwide with riots. They were the genesis of riots. Spit on. Vilified. Abused. Defunded. But you’re not sure? You’re not sure of much to be fair.
Yeah...I'm the one that is triggered.

When someone starts a thought with, "not to be a dick, but...", the thing that comes after is usually that person being a dick. I'm just calling you on being a dick just like you're calling Harris on it. Don't bemoan a lack of pride in police ranks while calling the people who fill those ranks "bottom feeder applicants" and injecting a litany of tired partisan talking points into a conversation that was generally above that and you're less likely to be called on it.

Cue another infamous mcm rant. 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Bowlmania
Indy has struggled under the last few administrations related to officers. I think the "summer of love" was just a catalyst for what was already going on.

They made some leadership hires and changes that weren't well received by the rank and file.

The rank and file police officers in Indianapolis face the task of being part of an undermanned force. This increases the odds of having a busy tour of duty.

A busy tour means less time for paperwork and investigation which can ultimately lead to both a crime not being solved, or a failed prosecution. Fewer arrests and convictions ends up with more crime.

Trying to fill vacancies can also lead to not having the quality of officers which the job demands.

All this adds up to a vicious cycle which is hard to change especially with having more guns in the hands of more people. A growing number being underage party goers who gather in crowds and settle arguments with gunfire.

Yeah...I'm the one that is triggered.

When someone starts a thought with, "not to be a dick, but...", the thing that comes after is usually that person being a dick. I'm just calling you on being a dick just like you're calling Harris on it. Don't bemoan a lack of pride in police ranks while calling the people who fill those ranks "bottom feeder applicants" and injecting a litany of tired partisan talking points into a conversation that was generally above that and you're less likely to be called on it.

Cue another infamous mcm rant. 🤣
Those aren’t talking points. They’re reality. Own it. I know Harris doesn’t want to and the lefties are doing their damndest to run from defund but it along with the summer of love rhetoric and actions made this problem explode.

They are bottom feeder applicants. The qualifications are 20 yrs old, no felonies, and a ged. You can still be proud of them and they can be prideful of their work. I certainly am. I’ve worked very closely with them for a long time.

I know nuance is lost on you. You’re best with vapid snipe 😎

Last edited:
Those aren’t talking points. They’re reality. Own it. I know Harris doesn’t want to and the lefties are doing their damndest to run from defund but it along with the summer of love rhetoric and actions made this problem explode.

They are bottom feeder applicants. The qualifications are 20 yrs old, no felonies, and a ged. You can still be proud of them and they can be prideful of their work. I certainly am. I’ve worked very closely with them for a long time.

I know nuance is lost on you. You’re best with vapid snipe 😎
Did you work close enough with them to tell them that you think they are bottom feeders?

I can see why you stick to your vapid talking points because the people actually talking objectively about the subject with nuance are way above your abilities. That's what the rest of us were doing before you started in with the stupid and shallow squad, summer of love idiocy.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Did you work close enough with them to tell them that you think they are bottom feeders?

I can see why you stick to your vapid talking points because the people actually talking objectively about the subject with nuance are way above your abilities. That's what the rest of us were doing before you started in with the stupid and shallow squad, summer of love idiocy.
Go fck yourself. I’ve forgotten more about this shit than your know it all self will ever learn. And believe me when they were looking for jobs that self realization was quite present. Let’s see engineer at Boeing or city cop? Hmmmm.

There are endless things I don't know a single thing about. this is a subject i know a ton. from every angle.

Summer of love IS a major reason for the shortage. Of course you don’t understand that. a woke california resident. shocker.

Last edited:
This was yet another "fact check" during the Trump/ Harris debate, that turned out to be incorrect. Were any of those fact checks actually correct? Maybe the eating the cats one?

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
That is absolutely unbelievable. How do you “miss” that many murders, then change the stats without SAYING A WORD TO ANYONE ABOUT IT and expect to be trusted AT ALL?

Maybe Trump really does need to clean house. That’s unbelievable.

That is absolutely unbelievable. How do you “miss” that many murders, then change the stats without SAYING A WORD TO ANYONE ABOUT IT and expect to be trusted AT ALL?

Maybe Trump really does need to clean house. That’s unbelievable.

6.5% delta from what was originally reported. Quite a discrepancy.

6.5% delta from what was originally reported. Quite a discrepancy.
So why do it now, weeks before the election?

If I were really cynical I’d say it’s to give them plausible deniability later when people ask “how is that not election interference?”

They can say “hey, we released the real numbers before the election”.

Never mind the fact that the false numbers were reported as fact for over a YEAR and Trump was repeatedly “fact checked” on them.

But I’m not that cynical. Yet. I’m getting there fast though.

Go fck yourself. I’ve forgotten more about this shit than your know it all self will ever learn. And believe me when they were looking for jobs that self realization was quite present. Let’s see engineer at Boeing or city cop? Hmmmm.

There are endless things I don't know a single thing about. this is a subject i know a ton. from every angle.

Summer of love IS a major reason for the shortage. Of course you don’t understand that. a woke california resident. shocker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT