ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Crime Report Ouy Today

Apple certainly isn’t helping things by continuing to further weaponize their emoji tray. Every IOS update all I see is more hurt.

Last edited:
8 of the top 10 cities with the highest crime rates are in red states. Did these cities actually go through any defunding? Or was it just a bunch of populist speak at the time? Honestly asking. You're from St Louis? #2. Did they actually defund anything or just talk about it?

Ok, I'll bite and try and have civil discourse.

Which list are you going from? And what does a state have to do with a city? Indianapolis looks a lot different than much of Indiana, the same way Chicago and St. Louis are different from their respective states.

Secondly, here are some examples:

• All of these cities citied by Bloomberg has officials using rhetoric around defunding. Notice, many of them didn't defund because they couldn't - police are expensive and as crime rose and unrest grew, budgets were far in excess of a defunded plan

• Minneapolis voted to defund, which eventually caused city council member turnover due to spiking crime. However, Minny, like other large metros, is still significantly short on officers. Nothing explains that other than the defund me movement, which wasn't simply let's reallocate financial resources - but also all of the additional pressure and negativity around police, in general, stemming from the leftist riots of the mid-2010s and 2020.

• The Philadelphia Police Department is short about 1,170 officers, the agency told CBS News. The Chicago Police Department is short more than 1,140 officers, the department disclosed, while the Los Angeles Police Department is short more than 470 officers.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
@kraft cheese+macaroni i'm not opposed to any of those things. i think they're a great idea. to augment not replace. removing cops. cutting funding to cops is not a good idea. so much of what we've learned over the years is that beat cops who are a fixture in the community, give out business cards, as best as possible mirror the demo of the community, work best. unfortunately as some cities have become bombed out, detroit, stl, and others, that beat cop objective becomes really difficult. there's plenty of neighborhoods where you can be long gone before a cop is there to responsd. so all those other opportunities to ameliorate same are beneficial. that's how rudy cleaned up ny. he also got the business community to buy in. but i do support the other stuff as some of these criminals are little kids. look at that little guy in the crew doing the car breakins here.

F5TC2RCLK5BOZHSYMOSEMO3T6Y.png

or these guys from a downtown mass shooting

64961139c9d4c.image.jpg

What are a bunch of social workers going to do with a bunch of armed kids?

Ok, I'll bite and try and have civil discourse.

Which list are you going from? And what does a state have to do with a city? Indianapolis looks a lot different than much of Indiana, the same way Chicago and St. Louis are different from their respective states.

Secondly, here are some examples:

• All of these cities citied by Bloomberg has officials using rhetoric around defunding. Notice, many of them didn't defund because they couldn't - police are expensive and as crime rose and unrest grew, budgets were far in excess of a defunded plan

• Minneapolis voted to defund, which eventually caused city council member turnover due to spiking crime. However, Minny, like other large metros, is still significantly short on officers. Nothing explains that other than the defund me movement, which wasn't simply let's reallocate financial resources - but also all of the additional pressure and negativity around police, in general, stemming from the leftist riots of the mid-2010s and 2020.

• The Philadelphia Police Department is short about 1,170 officers, the agency told CBS News. The Chicago Police Department is short more than 1,140 officers, the department disclosed, while the Los Angeles Police Department is short more than 470 officers.

It's was just one of the first ones that popped when I googled "cities with highest crime rates".

Ok, how about the other questions?

Are you suggesting Memphis is Red because it resides in TN?

No cities are red. Educated people gravitate to cities which make them blue. The point is mosthigh-crime cities are in red states. The variable isn’t the city, it’s the state.

No cities are red. Educated people gravitate to cities which make them blue. The point is mosthigh-crime cities are in red states. The variable isn’t the city, it’s the state.
Bay Area CA
Stockton
LA
NYC
Detroit
Minneapolis
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Vegas
Baltimore

All have high crime rates and none are exactly in what could be called reliably red states.

The idea that high crime cities are only or mostly in either red or blue states is a red herring relative to who making law and policy at the local level.

Care to elaborate or would you rather just rely on your conclusionary excited uterrsnce?
We’ve told your stupid ass too many times. Linked how it works. We just did this a few days ago. You just wish to be willfully ignorant. I think something is wrong with you.

Last edited:
Bay Area CA
Stockton
LA
NYC
Detroit
Minneapolis
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Vegas
Baltimore

All have high crime rates and none are exactly in what could be called reliably red states.

The idea that high crime cities are only or mostly in either red or blue states is a red herring relative to who making law and policy at the local level.
NYC NoT HIGH CRIME rate
Stockton. Not a city
Cleveland. Red
Vegas. Not high crime rate
LA Not high crime rate
Milwaukee. Purple
Detroit. Purple
Minneapolis. Not high crime rate

I’ll give you Baltimore and Oakland

Memohis
Birmingham
Jackson
St. Louis
Cleveland
KC
New Orleans
Etc.

Bay Area CA
Stockton
LA
NYC
Detroit
Minneapolis
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Vegas
Baltimore

Interestingly, a city like Fort Wayne has a higher crime rate than either Los Angeles or Las Vegas. And places like Anchorage, Tucson, Wichita, Baton Rouge, and Mobile have higher rates than all on your list except the Bay Area and Baltimore.

Might lead one to understand that crime rates aren't the red and blue thing that some want folks to believe.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Interestingly, a city like Fort Wayne has a higher crime rate than either Los Angeles or Las Vegas. And places like Anchorage, Tucson, Wichita, Baton Rouge, and Mobile have higher rates than all on your list except the Bay Area and Baltimore.

Might lead one to understand that crime rates aren't the red and blue thing that some want folks to believe.

What factors (realizing there are many), would you most tie it to?

It’s the opposite. Red states are clearly more likely to have dangerous cities.

NYC NoT HIGH CRIME rate
Stockton. Not a city
Cleveland. Red
Vegas. Not high crime rate
LA Not high crime rate
Milwaukee. Purple
Detroit. Purple
Minneapolis. Not high crime rate

I’ll give you Baltimore and Oakland

Memohis
Birmingham
Jackson
St. Louis
Cleveland
KC
New Orleans
Etc.

So many republicans and MAGA supporters in those cities… are you Juicy Smooliet?

What factors (realizing there are many), would you most tie it to?

I have a theory as to one factor. In red states the white rural people are afraid of the cities which leads to more economically depressed cities which leads to more crime. Take someone like Chicago. I guarantee he lives 50 miles outside the city and half of the discussion at church is how you should never go into Chicago because you are certain to get shot.

You still don’t understand. Missouri is a red state. Stl city blue. The most dangerous city in America. The state has zero control over law enforcement etc. city autonomy.

Read the thread. All cities are blue. The question is why the dangerous ones are in red states.

Read the thread. All cities are blue. The question is why the most ggangerous ones are in red states.
You’re making a connection that doesn’t exist. It’s a city problem not state. And hell some of the worst are. Detroit. Baltimore. Oakland. Etc.

Reactions: 76-1
Ok. The reason some blue cities are dangerous and other blue cities are not is because the dangerous ones are blue. I get it now. Thanks fellas.

I have a theory as to one factor. In red states the white rural people are afraid of the cities which leads to more economically depressed cities which leads to more crime. Take someone like Chicago. I guarantee he lives 50 miles outside the city and half of the discussion at church is how you should never go into Chicago because you are certain to get shot.
So it's the rural whites fault of a crime ridden city in which they're too afraid to go into? Makes perfect sense.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The evidence is indisputable that cities in red states tend to be more dangerous. The only question is why that is.

I’m sure if blue cities in red states requested more state police and perhaps even National Guard resources, the states would be happy to oblige. My biggest gripe is that Chicago city government seems to see the state police as somehow intrusive and overbearing.

Asinine restrictions on the Chicago Police Department means that state police actually have far more latitude on how they can operate. As an example, CPD is not allowed to get into car or foot chases with suspects when they have no indication of violent criminality. State police don’t have such restrictions.

Chicago is a safe city. The Indiana burbs, not so much.
I suppose that’s relative. Relative to other massive cities like NYC or even LA. Nope, not a chance. Relative to Chicago for the past 7 to 8 decades. Nope.

Relative to some smaller cities, sure, more safe, if you stay in the right neighborhoods.

Atlanta would be considers medium safe for a large city. I would have to go to a lot of effort and be in an area that I have no reason to be there to be unsafe. And even then I’d have to do something stupid and intentionally draw attention to myself to be in any danger. I’d walk alone downtown at 3 am and not feel the slightest bit of danger.

Atlanta would be considers medium safe for a large city. I would have to go to a lot of effort and be in an area that I have no reason to be there to be unsafe. And even then I’d have to do something stupid and intentionally draw attention to myself to be in any danger. I’d walk alone downtown at 3 am and not feel the slightest bit of danger.
The difference between you and me is that I hope to see high crime neighborhoods that I don’t frequent became more safe and don’t cast them off as

“Why would I go there anyway?”

But I am much less self-centered than yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT