ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Marx

Meh.

Is every wage employee operating under a form of servitude?
Businesses have the right to deny their products and services to any person they please within the bounds of the law.

That is not true if said product or service is a “right”. Rights mean something entirely different.

trump is a Fascist and wanna-be dictator. I guess you are a Nazi.
not more than Project 2025 but it does not matter to you, you are not female or a POC, work for the FBI ,or in public education, or have trumps minions replace you.

Businesses have the right to deny their products and services to any person they please within the bounds of the law.

That is not true if said product or service is a “right”. Rights mean something entirely different.
Employees don't have that right. Are they operating "under a form of servitude?" If not, why not?

Employees don't have that right. Are they operating "under a form of servitude?" If not, why not?
I’m talking about the difference between negative and positive rights. Not at will employment. Obviously if a doctor is tired of being a doctor, they can quit. It’s not servitude.

My main gripe is that I don’t believe in positive rights and most Democrats do. If a business if forced to provide services, it is no longer a private and independent business. It is being subject to government coercion or even servitude.

That is what’s implied when you declare something a right. If it’s a right, that means you can compel services from a medical professional. From then on, that professional is operating under a form of servitude.
If doctors in nations with universal healthcare felt they were operating under a form of servitude, I think it reasonable to predict that there would be fewer of them, per capita, then in the US.

That's not true, though. Scandinavian nations that have free healthcare also have more doctors per capita than the US does.

Note, I am not saying we should operate a Scandinavian style system here with this post. I'm just challenging the servitude hyperbole.

I’m talking about the difference between negative and positive rights. Not at will employment. Obviously if a doctor is tired of being a doctor, they can quit. It’s not servitude.

My main gripe is that I don’t believe in positive rights and most Democrats do. If a business if forced to provide services, it is no longer a private and independent business. It is being subject to government coercion or even servitude.
Positive rights exist whether or not you believe in them. Example: people charged with a crime in the United States have a positive right to legal representation if they cannot afford it themselves. The govt pays.

Whole lotta words here to explain why poor people can't expect to receive the health care that the better off get.

I just can’t believe there are republicans that are going to stand by and help put these two in power. Trump at his worst isn’t as bad as these two.
There are multiple republicans who don’t like Trump for almost 8 billion in debt while talking about the “greatest economy ever”, some of us read the pilot testimony from Maxwell trial stating under oath Trump was “frequent flyer on Lolita Express” and Trump seems to mainly gravitate to non democratic autocrats. Many Trump supporters avoid under oath testimony, I do not.

A lifetime attached to the government tit can do that.
I did 26 years in the military. If that’s a lifetime attached to the government tit, so be it and **** you. I made more in 12.5 years after retirement. **** you again, you ankle biting Ruskie.

Whole lotta words here to explain why poor people can't expect to receive the health care that the better off get.
I’m fine with subsidizing healthcare for the poor, but I’m not going to pretend it’s a right. You’re asking other people to work more and pay for it. That’s what it is.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I did 26 years in the military. If that’s a lifetime attached to the government tit, so be it and **** you. I made more in 12.5 years after retirement. **** you again, you ankle biting Ruskie.
Typically how it goes. Parlay that civil or gov servitude into a nice payday.

Sacrifice and all…

I’m fine with subsidizing healthcare for the poor, but I’m not going to pretend it’s a right. You’re asking other people to work more and pay for it. That’s what it is.
I think you’re arguing semantics and degrees. A right just denotes something we apply to individuals and execute through rules, laws, norms, etc. that has a certain level of protected legal status.

They are culturally contingent and don’t exist in the world absent human invention.

Businesses shouldn't be forced to provide their services. But if they choose to refuse service to the public they can't use any publicly funded entities. No mail, roads, fire, police, etc. If you want to operate on the public square you need to serve the public.

Businesses shouldn't be forced to provide their services. But if they choose to refuse service to the public they can't use any publicly funded entities. No mail, roads, fire, police, etc. If you want to operate on the public square you need to serve the public.
Ridiculous. The businesses and their proprietors and employees pay just as much for those services as anyone else.

You have no justification for what you are saying. Reminds me of the “you didn’t build that” malarkey often spewed by closeted Marxists.

Good luck with that idea. They pay taxes for all those services. Probably more than you. What services do you provide to show you deserve to use them?

Reactions: stollcpa
Ridiculous. The businesses and their proprietors and employees pay just as much for those services as anyone else.

You have no justification for what you are saying. Reminds me of the “you didn’t build that” malarkey often spewed by closeted Marxists.
Just not a big fan of "We don't serve your kind here!"
You know assholes. Actually I'm sure you know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT