ADVERTISEMENT

Random musings

Ok, so we are having a constructive conversation. I think the thing that irritated me is how much you papered over the culpability of the Democrats in all of this rancor as well. I can tell you that Trump is an asshole, quite a few of his fans (particularly on social media) are people that I find as appealing as progressives (as in, not at all), and the party has done a poor job of articulating a position and then pushing for it. I think that a big reason Trump came to the forefront is exactly because the GOP had become the party of resting on its laurels while allowing the Democrats to set the conversation on everything. The GOP has problems.

That being said, so do the Democrats. They have also been shit talking about 45% of the country for going on 8 years now. For all the talk of "autocratic" measures we supposedly should fear from Trump, it has been them strong arming social media companies into censorship. Them using the former credibility of government institutions to outright lie about verifiable true things. Them discussing packing the courts when things didn't go their way. Them talking about throwing off 250 year old institutions because elections don't always go their way. Them refusing to enforce laws for their supporters in many jurisdictions around the country. Them that wanted to have our domestic police agencies follow around Catholics and parents for daring to protest against their social engineering plans. Them pushing things like school loan forgiveness while acknowledging they know they really can't do it.

I guess this is to say that this isn't a one way street and we have not even really gotten to talking about the effectiveness of proposed solutions. Both of these parties need yanked back, hard. I don't think that anyone is going to get anywhere with a kumbaya message by indicating that all of this is the cause of one party or one man. It isn't. People on both sides of the aisle need to stop blaming Trump for everything. He is only a product of the times.

I've long said that I think libs are pretty easy to understand and therefore easy to predict reactions. In simple terms, libs lead and are driven by humanitarian beliefs and feels. Everything you listed goes against that libertarian belief core I guess unless they really feel that belief is being threatened.

It's why we lost our shit during COVID. Why we lose our shit at the demigouging and scapegoating of marginalized groups of people that don't pose a threat in our opinion...or we don't understand the threat they pose to the right. I'm talking about migrants, trans, queers, and now more women who are labeled as ugly and unf#$kable and/or femenatzi's by Rush Limbaugh and still used as a smear tactic today.

It's also why you guys got pissed at us at the reaction to the Floyd situation along with the reaction, frustration and belief that Netanyahu is committing war crimes in a genocide to take over land. To see a big chunk of libs, particularly progressives being pissed about that has never surprised me because again, we tend to believe to lead with a humanitarian mindset. Anything that seems to be lacking that response are the things that we tend to lose our shit on as a collective.

It's how we've been insulted by terms like snowflake, treehugger, bleeding heart, soft and now it's communist. You mention that dens have insulted 45% of the populous and that's not our ultimate goal or real desire....we believe and desire more of the kumbaya like you mentioned but we do lose our shit in general over humanitarian violations.

Which is why Trump and more importantly those that follow and defend Trump is confusing and frustrating for us in general.

In regards to your examples I can honestly say I'm not aware of the gross malfunctions that you listed but if they are happening, that's not the liberal way. I will say there is a push within n the group to stand up and slap back hard back to all the accusations that get thrown out way (called deviants, pedophiles, godless, commies, now antisemites, etc).

As far as the PTA stuff, the accusation was that we were trying to label and arrest parents as terrorists if they got crazy and violent at school board meetings. What we were told (because the targeting of parents like you said is not a liberal core belief) is that they were identifying those aggressive right wingers that were attending multiple school boards even though they didn't have any children there, they were going from school board to school board to press for violence and attention. Those were the people that were watched and possibly labeled as domestic terrorists. If that's true, say that Alex Jones wannabes or Chaya Raichek right wing influencers were constantly showing up at school board meetings and pushing violence while disrupting those meetings.... there's a reason and an intent for them to do that and raise hell.

Speaking of Chaya, turns out that when she's accused a school of something, that school is highly likely to get a bomb threat from one of her followers soon after. We can see the intent behind her posting (attention and clicks) but the impact of her doing so with the bomb threats is bullshit and an interesting example of what social media has allowed to go basically unchecked and unaccountable. Not sure what the right answer is for people who have as much influence as she does but....when it becomes a humanitarian issue in the potential bombing of schools liberals are going to lose their shit and feel justified going after people like her and her devoted followers.

Jan 6st is basically the same example and why for a lib we are losing our minds at the defense of what happened but also because we believe it's not an isolated situation. Trump continues to scapegoat, vilify and demean to his base (which we believe is strongly pro violent) while playing the victim to that same base. The right has been talking about a civil war which literally means violence. That's going to make libs lose their shit to the point of pushing how to eradicate this talk and belief, which is also not great and not what we really want.

Lastly on the courts obviously you know were pissed about McConnell bucking traditional agreements and playing political hardball. Honestly though, from my inner circle of lib thinking, we're actually more pissed at Obama for not slabbing back at the new rules that McConnell used. Obama refused to use his power and just override the process claiming a dereliction of duty by McConnell. Obama thought Hillary was going to win and supposedly argued about being concerned of breaking set traditions, even though McConnell was actively doing that. Anyway yeah, we believe that the court was manipulated so there is a push from us to play some political hardball. Main point is it's driven by the belief of it was disingenuously manipulated and we're seeing the results which again, to us seems to be a lack of humanitarian which is why Dem politicians are running with our rights are currently under attack by a very, strong evangelical court that was underhandedly manipulated to create.

I'm not trying to correct any belief here, I'm just trying to explain why I think the libs are suggesting packing the court because they feel there's a humanitarian risk with this court over humanitarian rights that were fought for years to achieve. That's an easy campaign message to motivate lib voters to get out.

Independence.

I was thinking about the gist of this when I ran across this add that sums up my thoughts about this election.

https://instapundit.com/669725/

We begin with the fact that just a few months ago, Harris was the least popular VP in history and there was serious talk urging Biden to dump her. Prior to that, she couldn’t even manage to get out of the starting gate in the 2020 Democratic primary. Now she will likely be the next president.

How did this happen?

We saw it in real time.

This election is not Trump v. Harris. It’s The System on the one hand, and the people on the other. The System is big government, big media, social media, big tech, big education, big NGO, and big corporate all working in simpatico. Not too long ago, these institutions operated as a self correcting check and balance. Now there isn’t. We have policy without meaningful review or accountability. Thus we have an impossible fiscal situation, third world conditions, bad education for those who need good education the most, violence, drugs, and the rest. There is no other reasonable explanation for the meteoric rise of Kamala in just a couple of months other than The System pushing her. She hasn’t changed. The System changed our view of her.

On the other hand we have Trump. He certainly has baggage. But he also has a striking number of positive policy initiatives that ought to be important, but aren’t. He has a self- destructive behavior pattern. But more importantly, The System exploits, exaggerates, and even lies about him, leaving The System’s chosen candidate without an effective opponent.

I like independence. I wish we had a different champion than Trump. But we don’t. Kamala is too high of a price to let The System in.

Watch the Matrix. Are we living the prequel?
Somebody wrote a book about my Random Musings. An elite classs of influential Americans have taken control.

without any cabal or specific conspiracy, an elite class captured our major public and private institutions, hollowed them out, set them marching in lockstep against the American middle class, and made a mockery of constitutional “checks and balances.” The resulting “total state” now operates in increasingly flagrant contradiction to the broader interests of the American people and democratic government, while “wearing the old regime like a skinsuit.”
Of course if you point out this problem you are seen as ant-democratic, or worse; a TRUMPER!

set them marching in lockstep against the American middle class

I am far more middle class than you, looking at the charts I have not been outside of middle class since adulthood. So explain to me exactly who is in lockstep and exactly how they are marching against me. Seriously, what exact actions have been done to harm me.

So explain to me exactly who is in lockstep
There isn’t a ‘who”. It’s the system which rests on group think and conformity.

what exact actions have been done to harm me.
EV mandates (indirect)
Uncontrolled immigration not focused on your best interests
Uncontrolled spending not focused on your best interests
Pandemic response
15 minute cities (resulting in horrendously expensive and unused transit)
Energy ignorance
DEI

Much more but you get the idea

All the above is the product of a combination of pie-in- the- sky moonbeams, rent seeking, grift, and corruption. Nobody gives a rip what is good for you let alone seek your input and then apply it.

There isn’t a ‘who”. It’s the system which rests on group think and conformity.

EV mandates (indirect)
Uncontrolled immigration not focused on your best interests
Uncontrolled spending not focused on your best interests
Pandemic response
15 minute cities (resulting in horrendously expensive and unused transit)
Energy ignorance
DEI

Much more but you get the idea

All the above is the product of a combination of pie-in- the- sky moonbeams, rent seeking, grift, and corruption. Nobody gives a rip what is good for you let alone seek your input and then apply it.
None of those are causing me harm except maybe the immigration. Of course for nearly 1/2 of our nation's existence anyone and everyone who wanted to come was allowed in. You know, until the Chinese started coming in. We cannot allow that.

Half your list is "burn oil, for any reason at any time, as a nation's vitality is oil burning". We aren't in the 1920s any more.

China is selling 8 million EVs per year, Europe 3 million, the US 1.

Americans wanting a return to the 1920s hate the idea because they associate it with progress. You know, only the tech of our youth is allowed. Hell, I belong to a group on navies and every now and then someone will suggest, to many likes, we need to bring back the battleships. Meanwhile the real debate is, how long into a major war will our carriers survive.

15 minutes cities are a great idea. Encouraging Americans to walk/bike is not bad, you know that better than anyone. But because you view this as progress, you are reflexively against it as it doesn't hail from the 1920s. Building these small areas of community does more than just save fuel, and increase walking/biking. Americans in the smaller community will have more pride in their little community.

Much of the argument, we see it in Bloomington, comes from a difference between people who live in an area and people who commute in. People who commute in want traffic flowing freely and quickly over all else. The thing is, traffic flowing that way makes it very dangerous for pedestrian and bike traffic. I have known several biking friends who have been seriously injured. It is dangerous for bikers in a lot of America. As one who walks Bloomington every day, a lot, there are a lot of risks to pedestrians. It is clear way too many view the road as cars only. We need to change that mindset.

But at the moment we have developed sprawling cities where people in sprawling suburbs must drive many miles to get anything they need to survive. That paradigm isn't good.

So a lot of it is our urban vs rural divide. Yes, if you live where the nearest house in a mile away, driving takes on an importance. If you live in a major city, owning a car is an expense one doesn't really need.

I still drive in, I would love to bike but I don't trust car drivers not to kill me. So I drive in but park over a mile from my destination and walk. There is a multi use path coming real close to me in a year, at which point I can take paths/trails and will bike. Yet I know a lot of conservative car drivers find spending on such money a waste of taxpayer money.

I've long said that I think libs are pretty easy to understand and therefore easy to predict reactions. In simple terms, libs lead and are driven by humanitarian beliefs and feels. Everything you listed goes against that libertarian belief core I guess unless they really feel that belief is being threatened.

It's why we lost our shit during COVID. Why we lose our shit at the demigouging and scapegoating of marginalized groups of people that don't pose a threat in our opinion...or we don't understand the threat they pose to the right. I'm talking about migrants, trans, queers, and now more women who are labeled as ugly and unf#$kable and/or femenatzi's by Rush Limbaugh and still used as a smear tactic today.

It's also why you guys got pissed at us at the reaction to the Floyd situation along with the reaction, frustration and belief that Netanyahu is committing war crimes in a genocide to take over land. To see a big chunk of libs, particularly progressives being pissed about that has never surprised me because again, we tend to believe to lead with a humanitarian mindset. Anything that seems to be lacking that response are the things that we tend to lose our shit on as a collective.

It's how we've been insulted by terms like snowflake, treehugger, bleeding heart, soft and now it's communist. You mention that dens have insulted 45% of the populous and that's not our ultimate goal or real desire....we believe and desire more of the kumbaya like you mentioned but we do lose our shit in general over humanitarian violations.

Which is why Trump and more importantly those that follow and defend Trump is confusing and frustrating for us in general.

In regards to your examples I can honestly say I'm not aware of the gross malfunctions that you listed but if they are happening, that's not the liberal way. I will say there is a push within n the group to stand up and slap back hard back to all the accusations that get thrown out way (called deviants, pedophiles, godless, commies, now antisemites, etc).

As far as the PTA stuff, the accusation was that we were trying to label and arrest parents as terrorists if they got crazy and violent at school board meetings. What we were told (because the targeting of parents like you said is not a liberal core belief) is that they were identifying those aggressive right wingers that were attending multiple school boards even though they didn't have any children there, they were going from school board to school board to press for violence and attention. Those were the people that were watched and possibly labeled as domestic terrorists. If that's true, say that Alex Jones wannabes or Chaya Raichek right wing influencers were constantly showing up at school board meetings and pushing violence while disrupting those meetings.... there's a reason and an intent for them to do that and raise hell.

Speaking of Chaya, turns out that when she's accused a school of something, that school is highly likely to get a bomb threat from one of her followers soon after. We can see the intent behind her posting (attention and clicks) but the impact of her doing so with the bomb threats is bullshit and an interesting example of what social media has allowed to go basically unchecked and unaccountable. Not sure what the right answer is for people who have as much influence as she does but....when it becomes a humanitarian issue in the potential bombing of schools liberals are going to lose their shit and feel justified going after people like her and her devoted followers.

Jan 6st is basically the same example and why for a lib we are losing our minds at the defense of what happened but also because we believe it's not an isolated situation. Trump continues to scapegoat, vilify and demean to his base (which we believe is strongly pro violent) while playing the victim to that same base. The right has been talking about a civil war which literally means violence. That's going to make libs lose their shit to the point of pushing how to eradicate this talk and belief, which is also not great and not what we really want.

Lastly on the courts obviously you know were pissed about McConnell bucking traditional agreements and playing political hardball. Honestly though, from my inner circle of lib thinking, we're actually more pissed at Obama for not slabbing back at the new rules that McConnell used. Obama refused to use his power and just override the process claiming a dereliction of duty by McConnell. Obama thought Hillary was going to win and supposedly argued about being concerned of breaking set traditions, even though McConnell was actively doing that. Anyway yeah, we believe that the court was manipulated so there is a push from us to play some political hardball. Main point is it's driven by the belief of it was disingenuously manipulated and we're seeing the results which again, to us seems to be a lack of humanitarian which is why Dem politicians are running with our rights are currently under attack by a very, strong evangelical court that was underhandedly manipulated to create.

I'm not trying to correct any belief here, I'm just trying to explain why I think the libs are suggesting packing the court because they feel there's a humanitarian risk with this court over humanitarian rights that were fought for years to achieve. That's an easy campaign message to motivate lib voters to get out.
Humanitarianism should be left to individuals & private organizations, not the government, especially when it’s done at the expense of our own citizens. If Dems were 1/2 as concerned with homeless vets, mental illness, inner city youth (not just throwing money at them but really addressing root causes of problems) as they appear to be with Ukraine, illegal immigrants, & Palestinians, we’d be getting somewhere…

None of those are causing me harm except maybe the immigration. Of course for nearly 1/2 of our nation's existence anyone and everyone who wanted to come was allowed in. You know, until the Chinese started coming in. We cannot allow that.

Half your list is "burn oil, for any reason at any time, as a nation's vitality is oil burning". We aren't in the 1920s any more.

China is selling 8 million EVs per year, Europe 3 million, the US 1.

Americans wanting a return to the 1920s hate the idea because they associate it with progress. You know, only the tech of our youth is allowed. Hell, I belong to a group on navies and every now and then someone will suggest, to many likes, we need to bring back the battleships. Meanwhile the real debate is, how long into a major war will our carriers survive.

15 minutes cities are a great idea. Encouraging Americans to walk/bike is not bad, you know that better than anyone. But because you view this as progress, you are reflexively against it as it doesn't hail from the 1920s. Building these small areas of community does more than just save fuel, and increase walking/biking. Americans in the smaller community will have more pride in their little community.

Much of the argument, we see it in Bloomington, comes from a difference between people who live in an area and people who commute in. People who commute in want traffic flowing freely and quickly over all else. The thing is, traffic flowing that way makes it very dangerous for pedestrian and bike traffic. I have known several biking friends who have been seriously injured. It is dangerous for bikers in a lot of America. As one who walks Bloomington every day, a lot, there are a lot of risks to pedestrians. It is clear way too many view the road as cars only. We need to change that mindset.

But at the moment we have developed sprawling cities where people in sprawling suburbs must drive many miles to get anything they need to survive. That paradigm isn't good.

So a lot of it is our urban vs rural divide. Yes, if you live where the nearest house in a mile away, driving takes on an importance. If you live in a major city, owning a car is an expense one doesn't really need.

I still drive in, I would love to bike but I don't trust car drivers not to kill me. So I drive in but park over a mile from my destination and walk. There is a multi use path coming real close to me in a year, at which point I can take paths/trails and will bike. Yet I know a lot of conservative car drivers find spending on such money a waste of taxpayer money.
The question is not the wisdom of these policies, but how they are implemented without a democratic process. And yeah, many of them do harm the middle class by diverting resources to migrants, increasing the cost of energy, increasing the cost of transportation, and causing increasingly unlivable cities for those without the wherewithal to move.

The question is not the wisdom of these policies, but how they are implemented without a democratic process. And yeah, many of them do harm the middle class by diverting resources to migrants, increasing the cost of energy, increasing the cost of transportation, and causing increasingly unlivable cities for those without the wherewithal to move.

So name the exact policy that has no basis in any law ever passed.

Forgiving student loans?
A) it never went into effect

B) the Heroes Act:
Higher Education Relief Opportunities for Students Act of 2003 - Authorizes the Secretary of Education to waive or modify any requirement or regulation applicable to the student financial assistance programs under title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as deemed necessary with respect to an affected individual who: (1) is serving on active duty during a war or other military operation or national emergency; (2) is performing qualifying National Guard duty during a war, operation, or emergency; (3) resides or is employed in an area that is declared a disaster area by any Federal, State, or local official in connection with a national emergency; or (4) suffered direct economic hardship as a direct result of a war or other military operation or national emergency.

The law above is pretty broad. "waive or modify any requirement or regulation applicable to the student financial assistance" and "(3) resides or is employed in an area that is declared a disaster area by any Federal, State, or local official in connection with a national emergency; or (4) suffered direct economic hardship as a direct result of a war or other military operation or national emergency" is some pretty broad language.

A) it never went into effect

B) the Heroes Act:
Higher Education Relief Opportunities for Students Act of 2003 - Authorizes the Secretary of Education to waive or modify any requirement or regulation applicable to the student financial assistance programs under title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as deemed necessary with respect to an affected individual who: (1) is serving on active duty during a war or other military operation or national emergency; (2) is performing qualifying National Guard duty during a war, operation, or emergency; (3) resides or is employed in an area that is declared a disaster area by any Federal, State, or local official in connection with a national emergency; or (4) suffered direct economic hardship as a direct result of a war or other military operation or national emergency.

The law above is pretty broad. "waive or modify any requirement or regulation applicable to the student financial assistance" and "(3) resides or is employed in an area that is declared a disaster area by any Federal, State, or local official in connection with a national emergency; or (4) suffered direct economic hardship as a direct result of a war or other military operation or national emergency" is some pretty broad language.
It most certainly did, and is.

That act pertained to war conditions and participants in it - it didn't apply to everyone, like Biden's policy does.

So name the exact policy that has no basis in any law ever passed.
Almost all of it has a basis in law. That’s the problem with The System. Congress avoids the tough issues and delegates issues to the unaccountable and unelected administrative state. The System is in charge and it is riddled with conflicts and corruption.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Almost all of it has a basis in law. That’s the problem with The System. Congress avoids the tough issues and delegates issues to the unaccountable and unelected administrative state. The System is in charge and it is riddled with conflicts and corruption.
So every new chemical and every new drug produced will have to go to Congress to vote on safety, efficacy, etc? The same people who think Guam might tip over?

We see it in Pentagon budgeting. Those scary experts you fear say a system is not wanted or needed, but congressmen in districts it is built in force it through. If petroleum companies could speed the process out, Congress would vote to bring back lead gas and lead paint and lead pipes. Just get the jobs created in enough districts.

We elect vote whores who don't give a damn about more than winning the next election. I am not sure why you have so much faith in such whores.

Reactions: UncleMark
So every new chemical and every new drug produced will have to go to Congress to vote on safety, efficacy, etc? The same people who think Guam might tip over?

We see it in Pentagon budgeting. Those scary experts you fear say a system is not wanted or needed, but congressmen in districts it is built in force it through. If petroleum companies could speed the process out, Congress would vote to bring back lead gas and lead paint and lead pipes. Just get the jobs created in enough districts.

We elect vote whores who don't give a damn about more than winning the next election. I am not sure why you have so much faith in such whores.
I’m wasting my time.

Buh bye.

I’m wasting my time.

Buh bye.
I love how you do that when you LOSE.

It is plain stupid to think Congress will vote on every drug, every chemical, every plane design, every facet of a nuclear reactor, etc. you know it is stupid for that to happen, how many votes would it take to approve a new reactor? So you KNOW for a fact the administrative state is needed for all that. Congress passes general guidelines, the administrative state enforced it by getting into the weeds. That requires people who know one weed from another, and that sure as heck ain't your typical congressman.

And you cannot tackle the argument that defense contractors spread out the work to get more votes. Go ahead, try to deny it. Please. Of course you know it is true so you tap out.

Facts are inconvenient aren't they?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
Independence.

I was thinking about the gist of this when I ran across this add that sums up my thoughts about this election.

https://instapundit.com/669725/

We begin with the fact that just a few months ago, Harris was the least popular VP in history and there was serious talk urging Biden to dump her. Prior to that, she couldn’t even manage to get out of the starting gate in the 2020 Democratic primary. Now she will likely be the next president.

How did this happen?

We saw it in real time.

This election is not Trump v. Harris. It’s The System on the one hand, and the people on the other. The System is big government, big media, social media, big tech, big education, big NGO, and big corporate all working in simpatico. Not too long ago, these institutions operated as a self correcting check and balance. Now there isn’t. We have policy without meaningful review or accountability. Thus we have an impossible fiscal situation, third world conditions, bad education for those who need good education the most, violence, drugs, and the rest. There is no other reasonable explanation for the meteoric rise of Kamala in just a couple of months other than The System pushing her. She hasn’t changed. The System changed our view of her.

On the other hand we have Trump. He certainly has baggage. But he also has a striking number of positive policy initiatives that ought to be important, but aren’t. He has a self- destructive behavior pattern. But more importantly, The System exploits, exaggerates, and even lies about him, leaving The System’s chosen candidate without an effective opponent.

I like independence. I wish we had a different champion than Trump. But we don’t. Kamala is too high of a price to let The System in.

Watch the Matrix. Are we living the prequel?
trump has no positive qualities, with Project 2025 your words are spoken as a true gop. Equality for those that can afford it , same old trickle down BS.

So, better to rule by Executive Orders? Are you advocating going back to a king, since you don't have any faith in Congressional 'whores'?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So, better to rule by Executive Orders? Are you advocating going back to a king, since you don't have any faith in Congressionall 'whores'?
DANC you ready for that debate tonight?!! It’s going to be a big one. All tied up. This could be what decides. How long will it take before we can’t post in certain threads do you think. How long until they try to CENSOR us?!!! How long until we are SUPPRESSED?!!!

Get your nap in today. Could be a late one

DANC you ready for that debate tonight?!! It’s going to be a big one. All tied up. This could be what decides. How long will it take before we can’t post in certain threads do you think. How long until they try to CENSOR us?!!! How long until we are SUPPRESSED?!!!

Get your nap in today. Could be a late one
I think it's going to be anti-climactic, unless Trump goes berserk or Kamala stammers around in her usual word salads. But they've both been coached on their weak points, so presumably neither will happen.

And Kamala will be declared the winner, no matter what. All she has to do is stand there for 90 minutes, smile, and repeat her talking points and the media will fall all over themselves.

I don't think there are that many undecideds, so I doubt many minds will change, no matter what. If Trump can trip her up and she gets confused, it may change some minds. Trump is Trump and he's the same guy he's been since 2016, so people know what to expect.

I think it's going to be anti-climactic, unless Trump goes berserk or Kamala stammers around in her usual word salads. But they've both been coached on their weak points, so presumably neither will happen.

And Kamala will be declared the winner, no matter what. All she has to do is stand there for 90 minutes, smile, and repeat her talking points and the media will fall all over themselves.

I don't think there are that many undecideds, so I doubt many minds will change, no matter what. If Trump can trip her up and she gets confused, it may change some minds. Trump is Trump and he's the same guy he's been since 2016, so people know what to expect.
Yeah but he’s oldddddd. No telling how he might stumble tonight. Hopefully they fill him full of addy

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

He's an old geezer and he's starting to noticeably decline mentally.

You can’t, or won’t, see the difference between unelected and unaccountable expert elites creating policy and said expert elites administering policy set by elected representatives.

You freaking admitted, "Almost all of it has a basis in law." Your protestations that unelected officials are making up law as they go now run entirely hollow.

The elected bodies passed laws to push EV and other green technology in '21. I invite you to name the laws that have passed that have repealed those laws!

So there, the EV/green is based on laws passed and never repealed. Luddites may not like those modern technologies but thus far have passed no laws ordering the administrative state to change.

If the administrative state has overshot, why hasn't the court system slapped them silly like they did with student loans?

They aren't creating policy, you damn well admitted it with the quote bolded above. Congress passes ridiculously broad legislation so they cannot be held accountable and leave it to the state to interpret. Someone somewhere has to determine how many parts per million of a chemical is a danger to society. That someone isn't a 75 year old congressman who was a C in biology and a D in chemistry 50 years ago. Like most, they entered law because science is hard.

You freaking admitted, "Almost all of it has a basis in law." Your protestations that unelected officials are making up law as they go now run entirely hollow.

The elected bodies passed laws to push EV and other green technology in '21. I invite you to name the laws that have passed that have repealed those laws!

So there, the EV/green is based on laws passed and never repealed. Luddites may not like those modern technologies but thus far have passed no laws ordering the administrative state to change.

If the administrative state has overshot, why hasn't the court system slapped them silly like they did with student loans?

They aren't creating policy, you damn well admitted it with the quote bolded above. Congress passes ridiculously broad legislation so they cannot be held accountable and leave it to the state to interpret. Someone somewhere has to determine how many parts per million of a chemical is a danger to society. That someone isn't a 75 year old congressman who was a C in biology and a D in chemistry 50 years ago. Like most, they entered law because science is hard.
People who enter law are a different type of person than scientists. I don’t agree with your take. Science is harder for sure. But different types of people and personalities

People who enter law are a different type of person than scientists. I don’t agree with your take. Science is harder for sure. But different types of people and personalities
There is nothing wrong with lawyers. CO has had this kick that lawyers are a modern Superman trained to think in vastly superior ways. We elect more lawyers than any other profession, I am waiting to see signs of this vastly superior thinking.

So at times I like to point out lawyers aren't greatly superior. Heck, even IT pros aren't superior. All professions are all just cross sections of America, some good, some bad. Lawyers just put their bad in places to write laws.

There is nothing wrong with lawyers. CO has had this kick that lawyers are a modern Superman trained to think in vastly superior ways. We elect more lawyers than any other profession, I am waiting to see signs of this vastly superior thinking.

So at times I like to point out lawyers aren't greatly superior. Heck, even IT pros aren't superior. All professions are all just cross sections of America, some good, some bad. Lawyers just put their bad in places to write laws.
well it's an interesting topic to me and my friends and i can tell you that coh is from a difft generation, when the practice was different, and perspectives were different. i'm very blessed ot have seven close friends i text with literally every day. sometimes all day. 7 lawyers. of that group only 1 practices law. all have left through the years to pursue other things. most will tell you law sucks

IT pros are clearly superior.

• Haha
IT pros are clearly superior.

I bet every profession has the same issue. So wine finds out I work in IT and they start telling me of a problem with their Apple Watch or Nintendo Switch. I have worked mostly with Windows servers, SQL servers, and Windows workstations. In the last year, sadly, Apple workstations. None of that gives me a great deal of knowledge with an Apple Watch or Nintendo.

• Love
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
well it's an interesting topic to me and my friends and i can tell you that coh is from a difft generation, when the practice was different, and perspectives were different. i'm very blessed ot have seven close friends i text with literally every day. sometimes all day. 7 lawyers. of that group only 1 practices law. all have left through the years to pursue other things. most will tell you law sucks
Ha. My best friends, one I’ve known since elementary school, and one I’ve known for 50+ years after moving to Co are mechanical engineers. (Another close engineer friend died about 5 years ago.) The guys are regularly see at coffee are a a highly specialized MD, Another engineer, an atmospheric scientist, and a lawyer who didn’t practice law but ran a consulting firm. A regularly communicate with all of them.

You are right about the legal profession changes.. I still receive and look through the Colorado bar journal every month, I can readily see how much the profession has changed. Used to be the journal was packed with nuts and bolts about different legal issues in all practice fields. Now at least a third of the articles are self-referential and discuss coping with aggressive lawyers, managing stress, and work life balance. There are regular features about lawyers and their non-legal hobbies. And the magazine is now shorter.

FWIW, I wouldn’t change my career in any way.

Ha. My best friends, one I’ve known since elementary school, and one I’ve known for 50+ years after moving to Co are mechanical engineers. (Another close engineer friend died about 5 years ago.) The guys are regularly see at coffee are a a highly specialized MD, Another engineer, an atmospheric scientist, and a lawyer who didn’t practice law but ran a consulting firm. A regularly communicate with all of them.

You are right about the legal profession changes.. I still receive and look through the Colorado bar journal every month, I can readily see how much the profession has changed. Used to be the journal was packed with nuts and bolts about different legal issues in all practice fields. Now at least a third of the articles are self-referential and discuss coping with aggressive lawyers, managing stress, and work life balance. There are regular features about lawyers and their non-legal hobbies. And the magazine is now shorter.

FWIW, I wouldn’t change my career in any way.
I have friends that are your age who feel much the same as you. Advertising ruined it for many, in many ways. Saturation too

Your #139, and 141, were way off topic. You were not at all responsive to the two links I posted in this thread.

Dont mistake my frustration for me feeling superior. I don’t.

I have friends that are your age who feel much the same as you. Advertising ruined it for many, in many ways. Saturation too
Advertising is definitely and issue. I began when it wasn’t allowed. But I was fortunate enough to be in a community where ability and reputation mattered

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT