ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris will not be the nominee

War hero and anti-war are in no way mutually exclusive. Ike and JFK for example.

It’s only Bush Sr. And John McCain that first taught you war hero’s should love war.
JFK was anti-war? Or Ike?

I don't see either as "anti-war" but neither was a war hawk, either.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
A whale - he cut the head off A WHALE.

And put the head on the top of his car and drove home. When he stopped, the juices flowed in the windows of the car.

And his daughter said that kind of shit went on all the time.
I’m even starting to like that gravelly voice

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I'm not so sure about that.
I would say that taking over for the French when the French left was itself an escalation. As I understand it, the number of advisors kept going up under JFK. Ideologically, I think JFK would have sent troops eventually.

Like S. Korea, this war wasn’t fought for a ‘traditional’ military victory. North Vietnam was never invaded. The NVA relied upon this to wear out US resolve, which broke after defeating the Viet Kong during the Tet offensive.

Avoiding WW III, has been the legacy curse of the Cold War still today.

I would say that taking over for the French when the French left was itself an escalation. As I understand it, the number of advisors kept going up under JFK. Ideologically, I think JFK would have sent troops eventually.

Like S. Korea, this war wasn’t fought for a ‘traditional’ military victory. North Vietnam was never invaded. The NVA relied upon this to wear out US resolve, which broke after defeating the Viet Kong during the Tet offensive.

Avoiding WW III, has been the legacy curse of the Cold War still today.
Yes, JFK increased the number of 'advisors' and created the Green Berets for just such an operation.

After his run-in with Krushchev, I think he was ready to stand up to him in a place like Vietnam, after Krushchev made him withdraw missiles from Turkey. Obviously the military wanted to get involved, since they made up the Tonkin Gulf incident.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT